My Fair Wedding with David Tutera

• Please log in to reply

627 replies to this topic

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

I just watched the "Marilyn Monroe Impersonator" wedding. Maryilyn Monroe is probably still spinning in her grave. What a shallow and gross woman she was. I just wanted to wash her dirty hair and face. And oh boy, was she ugly without makeup. So classy with the burping and fart comments. Gross~! And I'm sorry, but her laugh...huhhuhhuhhuhhuh. It was bad enough but she laughs so inappropriately. How old was the groom?

WTH happened with the bridesmaid's dresses? I had a phone call and see them walking down the aisle in those tacky, plain hot pink dresses? I knew the bride was jealous of her friend trying on the dresses and didn't want them to look better than her....David even mentions it. But...OMG, they looked horrible. I was hoping he would pick the one she was most jealous of and let them wear that. I was in a wedding with a bride like that. After trying on a load of dresses, she picked the most unflattering of all....on purpose, I am sure. It came back to bite her because they looked like crap in her pictures.

And David, WTF.....you blow all that money on what you think is amazing and the curtain opens and you can see this bride's ugly shoes that appeared to be ivory and not white...and it was so noticeable. UGH!

This show creeps me out.

Am I drunk or did the bridesmaids change dresses for the reception? I am so confused.

One more thing...really...you need to sing at your reception...attention whore much. No, David, she didn't look AMAZING....SHE LOOKED TRASHY!!

I need to go lie down. ;-0

Edited by ButterQueen, Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:11 AM.

Ninita

Ninita

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 8:54 PM

This show is starting to give me flashbacks to Sandra Lee and her tablescapes.

ALG303

ALG303

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 11:53 PM

Just caught the "Phantom of the Opera" episode. The person who described the bride upthread as a "shy, wishywashy, mealy-mouthed woman" hit the nail on the head. She annoyed the crap out of me. Also? "Phantom" is about a deranged, murderous recluse harboring an unhealthy obsession with a woman who doesn't actually love him back. What an awesome wedding theme! Except not.

Biosynth

Biosynth

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 6:58 AM

Yeah, I hated the Marylin Monroe one. Did you notice that she's been impersonating her so long that she affected her facial tick generally when she was just being herself? I think I'd be really annoyed if I'm talking to someone and they start pursing their lips and looking coy and raising their eyebrows every two seconds.

And I thought her friends looked dynamite in all those bridesmaids dresses. Marylin impersonator had every right to feel pale by comparrison.

Just watched the South Beach episode. Another episode I didn't really like. I didn't like the decor or anything.

I kind of liked the Winter Wedding/Spring reception one though. I loved the reception decor.

And Candy Land bride, ug. And I really didn't like the cake all that much.

Ketzel

Ketzel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

Here's what I want, show producers. I want a capable, mature (as in grown up, not necessarily older,although an over-forty bride might be nice for a change) bride. I want her "theme" to be "Honoring Our Lifelong Committment And The Joining Of Our Families." And I would like to see the process by which David plans the event, including behind the scenes peeks at the dress selection (how does he pick the 3 gowns he inevitably offers the bride, e.g.) and the food choices and the lighting designs, etc. And I would like to see the groom involved in at least two of the decisions, even if it's just the flavor of the cake and the choice of the appetizers. Although, if David is going to mess around with the wedding bands, for Pete's sake, the bride and the groom should be involved in THAT. The rings aren't a six-hour-committment, like the gown. They are going to be wearing those things forever (in theory) and the bride and groom should have the choosing of them.

Edited by Ketzel, Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:23 PM.

Ninita

Ninita

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Watched the 'Phantom of the Opera' episode and despite the fact that the bride, Amber, seemed perfectly nice, she irritated the bejeesuz outta me. I will probably go to hell for that. But was there something going on in her life that I missed? All those fawning letters from her bridesmaids made me squirm. I felt like I was watching a memorial service.

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

I just finished watching, Joanne--"Bling-Blow" bride. She annoyed the crap out of me. While her dress was lovely, would it have been too much trouble to have it actually fit. At one point, she is talking to David and I swear we were nearing "nipple-gate" territory again. I absolutely despise strapless dresses that don't fit at the top. Joanne's hair looked straggly and oily and the blue eyeshadow was just over the top. I hated all of her bridesmaid's dresses---somewhere a Wal-Mart is missing its entire stock of aluminum foil. Ugh!

Oh, and the model photo shoot that was shown at the wedding----yawn!!!!

SunShine Gal

SunShine Gal

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

somewhere a Wal-Mart is missing its entire stock of aluminum foil.

Totally! Instead of "Bling Blow Bride", they should have named it "Jiffy Pop Bride".

kraft

kraft

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

Did anyone notice that Alice-in-Wonderland Bride was missing a considerable amount of upper teeth on one side? It was disconcerting to watch a $300,000+ wedding emerge when what the bride really needed was a trip to the dentist. Maybe David can work that in as a "bonding" experience.

Also she looked like Mother Ginger from "The Nutcracker" in that huge gown!

stretchess

stretchess

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 10:00 AM

I'm just catching the last 10 minutes of Asian Fusion bride. I am somewhat confused about why they chose this theme? Have they traveled extensively to India and China? I actually loved what he did with this venue, although I wish we heard more about the food. Was the menu also fusion?

Also, I am also loving the picnic bride. Such a sweet woman. She's so chill and relax and doesn't want anything crazy or over the top. I have to say though that, while I love the style of her dress, the fit left something to be desired. Her boobs looked small and somewhat flappy in them. Also, the person who did her hair somehow made her gorgeous head of hair look greasy with hairspray and there were still tons of flyaways at the bottom. These are silly details I know, but for some reason I expect the various providers that David "hires" to do their ultimate best work since they're on TV getting free advertising after all. How nice as well to see a church wedding.

Edited by stretchess, May 27, 2012 @ 10:51 AM.

phynesse72

phynesse72

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 8:23 AM

Long time lurker here. I have been watching the show daily whilst on vacation...it airs daily in the UK. Can someone please explain to me why all the participants in the show seem to have multiple Tattoos? I don't think I have seen one episode so far in which the bride, groom, bridesmaids etc didn't have tattoos some of which are horrendous looking.

Shugardrawers

Shugardrawers

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

I'd love to know when the show will be back with new episodes. It seems we got about 4 early this year. When will there be a real new season?

piedmontgirl

piedmontgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

New season begins first week of September. However, based on the sneak peek at WeTV, it is more bridezilla than my fair wedding. David being bleeped. Really?!!

designing1

designing1

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 11, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

I watched that preview yesterday. I didn't think this show could get any worse, but apparently I was wrong.

I didn't watch last season because I tired of the over-the-top weddings featuring all of David's suppliers. I also tired of his treating the brides like they're such delicate special snowflakes, the most beautiful and perfect and deserving (ugh!) women to walk the face of the earth.

Perhaps the introduction of the bridezillas will tone down his treating the brides like they're made of gossamer, but the weddings in that preview still seem beyond excessive. This show would only be interesting to me if David would show what he could achieve a) with the bride's original budget, and b) without using all his contacts. Give the average person the benefit of his skills and knowledge that they can adapt for their own use.

Edited by designing1, Aug 11, 2012 @ 7:17 PM.

persiaa

persiaa

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Last night's show on Burlesque Bride was, um, interesting. The power battle between David and Bride's BFF Bobby had me laughing. Just take 'em out and measure, already. I do agree with David that the red latex "condom" dress with tassels on the boobs and butt was tacky for a wedding. I do think David was really rude about Burlesque just being stripping. I'd like to have him speak with Dita Von Tease on the subject.

cyberfruit

cyberfruit

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2012 @ 11:50 PM

While I appreciated the snark that Bobby Burlesque brought out of David (I was snickering throughout the entire episode and that's never happened before), I can't blame David for being annoyed. Bobby so badly wanted the wedding to be his day, too, from offering the bride&groom a burlesque show (even though I'm sure he's aware that much of the groom's family wasn't going to attend because they were not fans of the burlesque elements), to calling David multiple times, to trying to undermine David's skills but injecting his own vision for the wedding, and finally to many of the snide comments he made before and during the wedding itself.

Even after the bride finally found herself in love with the dress, he had to go in interject his own opinion about how the dress wasn't good enough, blah blah.

I just wanted David to tell Bobby, "Today is not about you, boo. Sit down."

Edited by cyberfruit, Sep 9, 2012 @ 11:51 PM.

Shugardrawers

Shugardrawers

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

I wanted to comment on this so bad but couldn't find the thread! Thanks for bumping it! Whatever you think of burlesque, it is not an appropriate "theme" for a wedding in the way the bride & Bobby wanted it. I'm totally with the groom and his family on that one. Be willing to compromise and show some decorum for the sake of family unity. It's not all about your titties girl!

Edited by Shugardrawers, Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:29 PM.

Jzayedi

Jzayedi

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 1:23 AM

Delurking to say I felt the same way: burlesque is not an appropriate theme for a wedding. Especially if your groom's family is Catholic and they are actually electing not to come. I thought it was very selfish of the bride to pick her theme over her man and his comfort. And add me to the list of people that don't feel like every wedding needs a theme, this was like planning a Halloween party. I get that that's your job and maybe your passion, but put that in your cake or your bachelorette party theme. I actually looked up Dita Von Teese's wedding dress after this episode and I thought it was lovely. Nontraditional, maybe not everyone's taste, but it suited her, was expressive of her personal style and personality and appropriate for her wedding.

piedmontgirl

piedmontgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

My only comment is if this is the direction the producers want to take with this show than I am finished. Whether it was real or staged, I lean toward staged, I want to see the treacly goodness that was the original My Fair Wedding.

Biosynth

Biosynth

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 7:45 AM

My only comment is if this is the direction the producers want to take with this show than I am finished. Whether it was real or staged, I lean toward staged, I want to see the treacly goodness that was the original My Fair Wedding.

Oh my gosh, I totally agree. I didn't mind so much David getting frustrated, but honestly I don't need another bridezilla show. I turn to the Tutera show to get away from the bridezilla show. I guess time will tell if this works or not.

Fussy Monkey

Fussy Monkey

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 7:54 AM

I hate watching wedding shows where you're like 98% sure the couple won't more than last maybe three years at most. The bride was a wretched person and I wanted to feel sorry for the groom, but in the end I was irritated he was wussy enough to marry someone that let a person like that Bobby eff up their lives. No thank you.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 10:13 AM

Whatever you think of burlesque, it is not an appropriate "theme" for a wedding in the way the bride & Bobby wanted it. I'm totally with the groom and his family on that one. Be willing to compromise and show some decorum for the sake of family unity. It's not all about your titties girl!

I could understand a burlesque theme if both the bride AND the groom were into that but because the groom obviously wasn't I found it very disrespectful that the bride completely disregarded his feelings on this. Yeah I get it the wedding day is mostly about the bride but the groom should have some sort of say in something since he is like number 2 on the importance list of things.

Oh and yeah to Bobby thanxs for setting the gay community back 20 years with your childish behavior! OMG what an insufferable a-hole!

Lovepink

Lovepink

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 15, 2012 @ 7:39 PM

That Burlesque bride was a bitch! David has so much patience.

Ketzel

Ketzel

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Well, I must say that at least it was plain to see the bride hadn't surgically enhanced her boobs. I'm a little surprised that I actually saw enough of her to be able to make that statement with some authority, but not nearly as surprised as David seemed to be. :-P

I also laughed out loud when the officiant at the wedding had the bride pledge to "make water" for her husband. I get that it was supposed to be an expression of their mutual support (he'll "make glitter" for her burlesque performances and she'll "make water" for his triathalons) but honestly! "Make water" is a pretty common euphemism for "urinate," and given her "uber-sexy" persona, that was an unfortunate image, at best. Or maybe they intended it that way, who knows? But it was still funny.

Edited by Ketzel, Sep 16, 2012 @ 11:15 AM.

lafawndenise

lafawndenise

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

My daughter got me hooked on watching this show and I admit for the first few episodes I saw this summer I was not really into David because I'm not into very overblown ceremonies and receptions. But the 'Burlesque Bride' episode has changed my mind because David stresses above all else that it's a 'wedding, not a performance' and he tries very hard to maintain decorum and does protect his brides from their family and friends, and sometimes themselves. I loved how he reacted to Bobby Burlesque and the bride's very classless and selfish ideas about the wedding that would totally dismiss the groom's parents. The groom gets what he asks for in my opinion because I feel HE threw his family overboard, but David talking the bride out of the latex 'gown' into a non-traditional gown that fits much of what she was actually looking for was manipulation gold. He doesn't suffer fools gladly or let people usurp his position as the wedding planner, which has endeared him to me.

charmgirl

charmgirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

but David talking the bride out of the latex 'gown' into a non-traditional gown that fits much of what she was actually looking for was manipulation gold. He doesn't suffer fools gladly or let people usurp his position as the wedding planner, which has endeared him to me.

David called Bobby ungrateful when he started dissing the new wedding gown. But, I thought the bride was a bit of an ingrate too when she was looking at the first round of dresses.

Now, that whole scene may have been staged -- but, it didn't seem like it to me.

I couldn't believe how mean and over-the-top she was being over David's choices. I just think there was a better way to get her point across than that nasty little 'tude she was tossing David's way.

And don't get me started on Bobby. The way he was talking about Burlesque like it was some sort of religion got on my last nerve.

Ok -- we get it. You're free spirits... hellbent on tearing down the restraints and restrictions of a proper wedding, which to be honest, I find rather hypocritical.

If you're all about breaking the rules and bucking tradition... why oh why would you choose to take part in one of THE most traditional ceremonies in history, loaded with pomp aand circumstance and then bitch and moan that no one understands your rebellion and genius??

The Mermaid Bride wasn't too bad... I just found her insistance on the whole mermaid thing was kind of silly. And the pumped up drama over whether the groom would sing was especially un-interesting IMO,as was her "confession" to dear ole dad.

Bless her heart -- she tried so hard to ring tears from her eyes-- I thought she was going to hurt herself. Other than that though, she seemed nice enough.

Edited by charmgirl, Sep 17, 2012 @ 11:50 AM.

lordonia

lordonia

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

I haven't watched this since the first season but saw the onscreen guide description for burlesque bride and couldn't miss that. What a bunch of pantsless loons.

Other than that, I liked the new format with more behind-the-scenes info and David's talking heads where he mocks his clients. Or maybe that was always there and I fast-forwarded past it.

While I understood David's point about the bridesmaids' dresses looking like diner waitress uniforms, the ones he chose were even less successful in getting across any sort of 40s vibe.

Edited by lordonia, Sep 18, 2012 @ 1:35 PM.

Door

Door

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 11:52 PM

Burlesque Bride was a mean-spirited wretch. I LOVE burlesque but not IN a wedding and DAMN you are getting all of this for free! Play nice a little bit (and tell your bff/Best Man to BACK OFF)! David Tutera has alllll my respect now because he kept his composure with the client when I would have gotten snarky at minimum.

Ketzel

Ketzel

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2012 @ 4:52 PM

It's been a dull day at the Ketzel household so I wandered over to YouTube and caught Bobby Burlesque's turn as a stripping magician. It was pretty sad. His dancing and his handling of props is clumsy, his whole presentation is amateurish and his body . . . well, let's just say it wasn't worth the excruciating wait. So, good job, David, at defending the wedding guests from his "act." And not just the ones who would be offended at the appearance of a male stripper, but also the ones who would be interested and deeply disappointed at what Bobby had to offer.

Edited by Ketzel, Sep 18, 2012 @ 4:53 PM.

charmgirl

charmgirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 7:50 AM

Okay... didn't like the Bride in last night's episode... At. All.

She was bordering on Bridezilla territory with her stubborn insistence that almost every aspect of the wedding be about her Mexican heritage.

I totally expected her to start cursing, cutting up dresses and having a full-on temper tantrum.

I get that she's Mexican and not Samoan. But she seemed all kinds of selfish and self-centered to not even consider her future husband's feelings, traditions and ideas.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to try to dance with that giant headpiece on either... but, I wouldn't have whined and acted like a little brat about it.

David said she really seemed to enjoy it at the end. But, I don't know... it didn't seem quite genuiune to me. Her smile was so forced and uncomfortable.. IMO.

That poor guy... COMPROMISE is nowhere in that woman's compromise. OTOH, I'm not feeling too bad for him.

They've been together long enough to procreate -- and he still decided to marry her... so I guess he knows what he's getting into. Yikes!

Edited by charmgirl, Sep 24, 2012 @ 7:51 AM.