Pam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

86 replies to this topic

Detsl

Detsl

Fanatic

• Interests:я обожаю слишком много сериалов.

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 1:04 PM

Loved Pam this episode(well, to be truthful, I love her every episode she is in but whatever). The outfit was questionable but she kind of rocked it, and the hair was awesome. We got some snark, and a "cute" Eric/Pam scene which was lacking this season.

One of my biggest complaints with Season 2 has been the lack of Pam...I love her outfits and get a kick out of how she often wears sunglasses pushed up on her head. No one brings the snark quite like Pam.

Me too. And to think at the start of the season I was so happy, it seemed like we would be getting more of her this season than last and now it seems it will be about the same. I concur, I'd like to see her as a series regular too but I doubt we will be so lucky.

caraway seed

caraway seed

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2010 @ 12:55 AM

So many great conversations last episode (Hoyt/Jessica, Terry/Arlene, Laf/Tara, Bill/Lorena/lamp), but my favorite was Pam/Jessica. Pam should totally form a Big Sisters program for underparented young vamps, because her explanation of safe suck was exactly the sort of wisdom young people these days need to hear.

larapu2000

larapu2000

Fanatic

Posted Aug 17, 2010 @ 11:46 AM

Just wanted to post how awesome Kristin is. We had a surprise party for my mom to celebrate her birthday and the 1 year anniversary of her cancer remission, and we wrote to various actors and musicians to see if they would send a short greeting, and Kristin did! It's a photo of her applying lipstick with Jessica in the background, and it totally rocks!

iliveTV

iliveTV

Fanatic

• Interests:Tv, movies, kids...you know stuff.

Posted Aug 17, 2010 @ 11:45 PM

Just wanted to post how awesome Kristin is. We had a surprise party for my mom to celebrate her birthday and the 1 year anniversary of her cancer remission, and we wrote to various actors and musicians to see if they would send a short greeting, and Kristin did! It's a photo of her applying lipstick with Jessica in the background, and it totally rocks!

That is flipping awesome, congrats.

Cassadinegirl

Cassadinegirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2010 @ 1:29 PM

I love Pam, but I must say I'm kind of scared for her now that Eric killed Talbot, and Russell knows he killed Talbot. Wouldn't staking Pam be the rest revenge?

grim squeaker

grim squeaker

Stalker

Posted Aug 18, 2010 @ 1:40 PM

I love Pam, but I must say I'm kind of scared for her now that Eric killed Talbot, and Russell knows he killed Talbot. Wouldn't staking Pam be the rest revenge?

I don't think so. For now, Russell thinks Eric worked on behalf of the AVL, that's why they are a better target for him. In addition, both Eric and Pam are aware that he's around, and he is the reason Eric wanted them to go into hiding. He could still insist that Pam lays low for a while (if she does that is an entirely different matter).

On a meta level, the character is so popular, and they seem to have so much fun writing her, I doubt they'd kill her off - not after just making her a regular.

Edited by grim squeaker, Aug 18, 2010 @ 1:42 PM.

Magwitch

Magwitch

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 19, 2010 @ 11:20 AM

Pam gets a full name! It sounds like "Pamela Swinford de Beaufort".

StayClassySD

StayClassySD

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 19, 2010 @ 12:10 PM

Wow, they really changed her last name didn't they? I just thought it would remain Ravenscroft.

Cassadinegirl

Cassadinegirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2010 @ 1:44 PM

Aww, Eric leaves everything to Pam is his will! And she is so pissed at him b/c she's in denial about the possibility he could die. Poor Pam...

grim squeaker

grim squeaker

Stalker

Posted Aug 19, 2010 @ 5:04 PM

Wow, they really changed her last name didn't they? I just thought it would remain Ravenscroft.

They managed to make it even more colourful, though. And am I getting this wrong, or did they wisely decide to make her a Southern lady instead of a British one?

roguetamlin

roguetamlin

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2010 @ 1:06 PM

A factoid: Swinford de Beaufort is the surname of Katherine Swinford de Beaufort, ancestress of the Tudor line of British Royalty. Not sure if it means anything, but it makes my inner history geek happy. :)

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2011 @ 3:24 PM

Five Minutes with True Blood's Kristin Bauer, Who's Guest-Starring on Once Upon a Time This Weekend

She talks about Pam, Maleficent and exploring more comedy.

*ETA:

A factoid: Swinford de Beaufort is the surname of Katherine Swinford de Beaufort, ancestress of the Tudor line of British Royalty. Not sure if it means anything, but it makes my inner history geek happy. :)

To me Pam is awesome whether or not she's related to the monarchy, but I agree that's a neat touch of backstory.

Edited by agora, Oct 28, 2011 @ 3:25 PM.

zomb

zomb

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2011 @ 10:50 AM

True Blood always does that kind of things: the viking background for Northman, the Tudor connection with the Swinford de Beauforts for Pam and even the Louis Pasteur connection to Nan.

Everything its impeccable IMO.

Edited by zomb, Oct 29, 2011 @ 10:51 AM.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2011 @ 10:41 AM

I think it's only fitting a related-to-the-Tudors child for the-son-of-a-viking-King maker.

Pam was probably the perfect fit for Eric since she was still a human.

Edited by agora, Nov 2, 2011 @ 10:43 AM.

Leatherstocking

Leatherstocking

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 20, 2011 @ 12:44 AM

More than one intermarriage between de Beaumonts (who came across with William the Conqueror - Robert de Beaumont was the first Earl Leicester) and the Swynfords (who were Danish, IIRC).

Descendants of the de Beaumonts did marry a Swynford again at another point - right before migrating to the colonies (Virginia) right around 1620 or so. Maybe the writers are into genealogy.

Edited by Leatherstocking, Dec 20, 2011 @ 12:45 AM.

zomb

zomb

Fanatic

Posted Dec 28, 2011 @ 1:52 PM

It wouldn't suprise me, the show seems flawless that way and I reckon Pam would be the perfect link between the old world and the new world, not only for Northman but for Godric as well.

Leesaa

Leesaa

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 12:20 PM

Pam has the most hilarious lines. I loved it when she said she doesn't even like Tara, but then agreed to change her anyway. From her Wal-mart sweatsuit to Sookie's super snatch, she definitely had the best one liners in the S5 premiere. I missed Pam, I'm so glad this show is back on.

irishmaple

irishmaple

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 1:11 PM

I love that Pam is awesome even when she's having a fashion off-day. With her eyes bloodstained from crying and wearing a tragic sweatsuit, she still wasn't someone to even consider messing with. I loved her patronizing "the head's on that end' line to Sookie.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jun 14, 2012 @ 9:21 AM

Pam was awesome in this episode, best quotes, good character moments.

I can't wait to see where the writers are going to go with her being Tara's maker now.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

I've always been curious about how does a vampire balance a progeny and a maker at the same time. Is it like being a girlfriend and a daughter at the same time? Or is it more like being a mother and a daughter at the same time?

Pam never had vampire siblings like Eric had Nora and though she was somewhat forced to share her maker with Sookie, her own maker has never had to share her with anybody else. Would it give Pam a new perspective on this? Would it give Pam's maker a new perspective on her? How does her progeny fit in all this? Whom would Pam choose if they are both in danger?

Edited by agora, Jun 15, 2012 @ 2:34 PM.

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

Pam never had vampire siblings like Eric had Nora and though she was somewhat forced to share her maker with Sookie, her own maker has never had to share her with anybody else. Would it give Pam a new perspective on this? Would it give Pam's maker a new perspective on her? How does her progeny fit in all this? Whom would Pam choose if they are both in danger?

That's a really interesting question and I would really like to see where the show goes with the Pam/Tara relationship. Pam as a maker is just a trip in itself but to have Tara as her progeny?, I would watch a full hour of that show. I think of maker/progeny like parent/child. So in Pam's condition would she rather save her father or her daughter? For the majority of human relationships the answer would be their child (and that would be agreed upon by both the parties, ie 1st and 2nd gen of a 3 gen relationship.) But then you add this sacrificial devotion that Pam seems to have with Eric and I wonder if in the end she would choose Eric. I saw someone describe having a progeny like having an heir, so for Pam and her sacrifical devotion to Eric she would willingly give that up for Eric.

I would really like Pam and Tara to become devoted to each other but I'm sure its going to be an extremely bumpy ride.

SnarkyTart

SnarkyTart

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 3:08 PM

For me, Pam becoming softer (though still fierce) because of her maker-y feelings for Tara would damage all the things I love best about Pam, one of my favorite characters on the show. Leave Pam's personality alone, show!

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 7:30 AM

I would love to see a spinoff series just with Pam. I would like to follow her exploits before during and after being made a vampire. I think Pam could carry her own show.

kris5711

kris5711

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

I love Pam and I think she's really pretty, but sometimes I think the amount of makeup they put on her ages her. I see her in interviews and she looks a lot better.

JackTheNarrator

JackTheNarrator

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 1:23 PM

I agree about the makeup. It looks almost caked on in the close up shots, and really ages her. Also, Kristin Bauer is looking crazy thin to me. Her upper arms are like toothpicks.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

Loved Pam's coaching of Tara taking her first 'bite.' I wonder if she gained some of those skills while coaching new prostitutes? Breaking down inhibitions, being practical.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

Pam is officially the best maker ever. She's been perfect the whole way through in how to handle Tara and get her to accept her new life, and that present to her was beautiful.