Canada's Worst Driver

• Please log in to reply

306 replies to this topic

merino

merino

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 18, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

Finally got a chance to watch the episode. Hopefully the Ministry of Transport will pull Dale's license like they did Donna's. I think she's just as dangerous as Kevin but we just didn't see it because she quit. I also think she needs psychiatric help and a cognitive evaluation. 

Kevin was the only possible "winner" in this episode. Sly and Michael were terrible in the challenges but largely fine on the road where it really counted. Kevin? Watching that drive made me wonder why CWD doesn't use a car with a dual brake on the road tests like they have in driving schools. I actually thought Andrew made a bad decision staying with it for as long as he did and he should have made Kevin pull over sooner. Nearly getting creamed by the bus would have done it for me. 

I about died laughing watching Fred calmly sitting there going backwards in a car with no driver and one of the doors wide open. Then Michael got hung up on a rim and got out to check and Philippe said, "I hope it's in park" and I died again.

I think this season was a better idea in theory than in practice and I'm looking forward to next season going back to normal. The sky-high level of snark was funny, and there were some epic moments, but overall it was pretty stressful. The overall level of driving was so terrible and dangerous that it made me worry more than I usually do. And I don't think Kevin will truly stop driving until he's forcibly stopped either by a terrible crash or the law. Hopefully nobody else gets hurt before that happens. 

Jamoche

Jamoche

Fanatic

Posted Dec 21, 2013 @ 6:53 PM

(Not being Canadian, I'm only up to episode 7)

Michael probably will be fine on real roads 90% of the time - but I feel for the other drivers and the insurance agents who have to deal with that 10%, because he's just so completely oblivious to the concept that his actions have any effect on the outcome of a situation. In episode 7 they said he understood physics - no, he can parrot the laws of physics, but he has absolutely no understanding of what they really are. And the number of times he blamed the car? Total Dunning-Kruger poster child.

I feel sorry for Sly. He does know he's the cause, that bike accident just left him with a fundamental inability to figure out how.

Kevin - dude, seriously? I mean, seriously? You can't drive the Firebird in a straight line and you don't see the problem? He's an amazing combination of self-deluded and actively lying to everyone around him.

Dale - yow. She's going to be one of those cases where people get killed because she hits the gas instead of the brakes. And she'll sit there going "what?"

Orton

Orton

Fanatic

Posted Dec 24, 2013 @ 5:06 PM

I felt a twinge of pity for Kevin when he was sobbing. The boy really doesn't have any coping skills. Even his lashing out and attempts at being manipulative are childlike and sad. And yet. . . he has a new car. Here's hoping when he totals it, nobody gets hurt.

millk

millk

Fanatic

Posted Dec 26, 2013 @ 10:37 AM

I wonder if next year will be filmed at the Dunville airport again. Had Christmas with family who live down the road from there and they are putting in what is basically a wind farm out there.

Ravenous Bugbla

Ravenous Bugbla

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 29, 2013 @ 12:20 PM

I learned about this show last week and finished watching this morning Season 5. I'm a bit curious if they ever do any sort of challenges that would show the participants the dangers of tailgating? 

Best challenge was shopping cart hockey. That cracked me up, and it almost makes me wish I were Canadian and a bad dangerous driver just so I could have a chance to do that challenge. 

There's no way that Angelina should have a driver's license. She's probably a nice enough person and all, but her total lack of awareness, surroundings and self has rendered her incapable of safely operating a vehicle. I wonder if Andrew demanded hazard pay for the final episode and the Toronto driving challenge. 

muffkins

muffkins

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 13, 2014 @ 10:41 AM

Just finished the latest season and all I can say is Michael is exactly like my Uncle Dan.  Seems like a very nice guy, but absolutely no clue how people act in the real world.  I can't believe how horrible his first nominator was.  I disliked her so much I've blocked her name from my memory.  I have to say that the sweetest person on the show had to be Shelby.  I loved that bit when he passed a challenge and says to his brother "Chase Me!"  and his brother just stood there and goes "No."

All in all, I think Dale should have been a co-winner.  Kevin was an arrogant douchebag, but Dale just turned into a complete shrew.  It seemed at the end she decided that the show was out to get her, so screw everything that she'd learned, she was just going to be mad about it. 

As for Kevin, I don't live that far from Burnaby, and my husband works there 5 days a week, so I hope we never have a run in with him.  His final drive was all sorts of scary.  He just seemed so blasé about turning in front of people, cutting them off, driving in the wrong lane....

millk

millk

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2014 @ 9:16 PM

Article in my local paper about casting season 10 and an interview with Dale. http://www.wellandtr...s-worst-drivers