Miguel: Because the Devil Wears Prado

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

12 replies to this topic

MBenzN

MBenzN

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2008 @ 12:33 AM

Jimmy Smit's is an actor who's never really been on my radar, though I do remember him as "that hot senator" in the Starwars Prequels. He's really good here though; my opinion of his character swings from week to week, sometimes he creeps me out, and other times I feel really sorry for him.

silverangelaunt

silverangelaunt

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2008 @ 12:42 AM

Love the title! I remember Jimmy Smits first in LA Law.

clairebbbear

clairebbbear

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 5, 2008 @ 10:51 PM

I was never much of a fan of Smits until this, but he's totally awesome here. I like how his physical size makes MCH (who's quite solidly built really) look small and almost vulnerable.

And how good-looking is he for a 53-year-old? He makes George Clooney look old...

xel

xel

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 23, 2008 @ 7:33 PM

Oh, I'm totally loving Miguel and I'm so sorry he won't be back in season 4!

HouseBroken

HouseBroken

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2008 @ 4:49 PM

Oh, I'm totally loving Miguel and I'm so sorry he won't be back in season 4

He won't? I was just coming here to check on that. Well, that's certainly a schame, because, with 2 episodes to go they've managed to create a pretty interesting character. Maybe he could be in the spin off. Certainly he's one of the most compelling characters Jimmy Smits portrayed, maybe ever since his days as Bobby Simone on NYPD. (Insert cruel Cane joke).

Edited by HouseBroken, Dec 1, 2008 @ 4:50 PM.

Dragonmouth

Dragonmouth

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 2, 2008 @ 4:28 AM

Miguel Prado: Fuck him and he will fuck you back in ways you can't imagine.

MamaBird

MamaBird

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 2, 2008 @ 1:12 PM

Jimmy Smits is doing a magnificent job with the part of Miguel Prado! I remember him playing the likeable young Victor Sifuentes on "LA Law". In fact, I watched an episode of "LA Law" right after the most recent "Dexter", and he looks almost the same now as he did then. I only wish I'd aged as well as he did!

Jaundiced Eye

Jaundiced Eye

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2008 @ 2:18 PM

Miguel Prado: Fuck him and he will fuck you back in ways you can't imagine.

Right? Man, this character is giving me the creeps. I never realized that Jimmy Smits was such an accomplished actor, and I've been watching him since "L.A. Law". Who knew he could be such a convincing bad ass?

Languorous Lass

Languorous Lass

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 8, 2008 @ 9:52 PM

Sorry, but no spinoff for Miguel.

Edited by Languorous Lass, Dec 8, 2008 @ 9:53 PM.

addlepated

addlepated

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 1, 2009 @ 3:53 PM

Having just watched The Addams Family Movie recently, I was struck by the similarity between Gomez Addams and Miguel Prado. When Jimmy Smits gets into scenery-chewing mode, he really does a fine Gomez!

ReiMehari

ReiMehari

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 11:15 AM

He'll do what he wants, when he wants, to whomever he wants! Count on it!

brittania

brittania

Stalker

Posted Jul 9, 2011 @ 3:09 PM

Just watched the entire series for the first time and loved it.
I guess I'm in the minority in that I could not stand Jimmy Smits in this role, which surprises me because I have liked him in everything else I have seen him in. It was his accent that really took me out of the show--that terribly phony Cuban accent that would sometimes leave and I'd hear his native New York twang which worked for Bobby Simone, but not for Miguel. I might have bought his character more if he hadn't attempted the accent.

starglow

starglow

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 16, 2011 @ 8:30 PM

brittania, I agree with you. I was a huge Jimmy Smits fan in NYPD Blue. He's my least favorite bad guy from "Dexter." I even found him and his character boring at times.