You Know You Watch Too Much How I Met Your Mother When...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

65 replies to this topic

Superflyse

Superflyse

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2009 @ 7:03 PM

... you get a shirt that says "Wingman" on it, in part to be able to be a wingman to your friends and introduce them to people by saying "Haaaaaave you met <insert name here>?" and ignore the jibes about being female since Robin is clearly a better bro than Ted.

... you get a phone call from someone who was super excited they got to use a HIMYM quote and needed to share it with someone who would understand. True story.

... you warn your HIMYM quoting friends not to say legendary for they use it to liberally... and then get a little upset when they don't get that it too is a HIMYM quote.

Bojenmi

Bojenmi

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 5, 2009 @ 5:30 PM

When you see an advertising to "Ski Canada, exclusive to singles" and can't stop thinking of the Robin, even though Robin's not single (at the moment). Even the bundled up brunette in a white beanie from the picture reminds you of Robin.

Oh also, it was a special offer through a dating website. What? There's no Stigma anymore!

(I would try to explain that I wasn't looking at a dating website, and it was advertised on a news website...but well...yeah...)

thefourthslap

thefourthslap

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 9, 2009 @ 5:27 AM

...your roommates dress up as "wingmen" for Halloween and spend the entire night in character.

...you introduce like this: "haaaaave you met me?"

RidingTeach

RidingTeach

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 13, 2009 @ 1:58 AM

...you take your neice & nephew Christmas shopping & spend the drive out to the mall teaching them "Let's Go To The Mall"; then you all sing the chorus throughout the day whenever you spot something especially cheesy & mall-ish. (Oh, their Dad's gonna be so happy about this!"

Hopping Llama

Hopping Llama

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2011 @ 1:51 AM

I love all these.

Mine was recently the Australian Prime Minister pronounced hyperbole as hyper-bowl. I couldn't stop thinking about the gaps presented in the last episode.

Moviesnob

Moviesnob

Video Archivist

• Interests:movies, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Corgi

Posted Apr 19, 2011 @ 7:40 AM

... you're so ready to meet the mother your subconscious figures out who she is for you. I had a weird dream that last night's episode was about this woman that Ted met and really clicked with. In the dream, I recognized that the actress playing her wasn't super famous, but still someone I knew (which is what I'm thinking for the actual mother, whenever we get there). The reason it was odd was that I knew the series had been announced as renewed for two years, so I figured this mother was another misdirection. However, after the episode, on my Tivo there were two other shows scheduled to come on - one called "Robin's Wed and Kate's Yet" (about Robin's character and her married life and some friend of hers living the single life ... I have no idea how "Yet" factors into it, maybe some kind of play on how she's not married yet) and another called "How I Met My Dog." CBS also started running promos for Josh Radnor leaving the series. Basically, it amounted to TPTB lying about HIMYM being renewed for two years, were ending the series this season, and were spinning off into two new series.