Genre: Comic Book/Superhero Movies

• Please log in to reply

1505 replies to this topic

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 10:01 AM

Or, movie goers might see both movies the same weekend (if I were interested enough in both, I might do it).  But I don't know enough about the viewing habits of the public when it comes to simultaneous releases within the same genre, so it's entirely possible the opposite could happen. 

I didn't know that a higher portion of the box office profits went to the studios in opening weekend, so I learned something new today.  In that case, I can see why a split audience would be a problem.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 2:38 PM

I don't want anyone to get hurt or anything, but I'm secretly hoping some type of production delay moves one of the two. Two huge movies in the same genre coming out at the exact same time just isn't the best idea. People wil see both eventually, but yeah, those opening weekend numbers are important to the studios.

Oh, and I forgot to add to my previous post:
[insert male genitalia measuring joke here]

VCRTracking

VCRTracking

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 1:25 PM

As great as CA:TWS was (it's the best of the Phase Two Marvel movies so far) I think the prospect of seeing Superman and Batman(and Wonder Woman) together onscreen for the first time is too great for the average moviegoer to pass up, no matter how polarizing Man of Steel was.

Edited by VCRTracking, Apr 9, 2014 @ 1:26 PM.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 1:09 PM

Not for me, as I am one who is NOT thrilled with the castings of Batman and Wonder Woman. I'm totally going to go see the Captain America movie and wait to see what my friends (who share my same taste in movies) have to say about the DC movie. I'm beyond peeved that a sequel about Superman has been marginalized to the extent where the movie isn't about him, but a precursor, gotcha, JL type movie. No thanks.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 1:12 PM

I'm still not on board with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 1:25 PM

I'm still not on board with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex.

EGADS! How could I have forgotten this tidbit?! Yes, so not watching and this casting was the proverbial nail that cinched it.