1-7: "Hollywood Forever" 2008.10.07 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

135 replies to this topic

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2008 @ 7:39 PM

(From Yahoo!:) Episode Description
Originally Aired: October 07, 2008
Annie and Ethan are paired up to take care of a baby as part of a class project and the experience causes them to see each other in a new light. Silver and Dixon continue to get closer and during her half-birthday party. At the Hollywood Forever, she opens him up to an entirely new experience in public. Harry and Debbie are forced to deal with his past when Tracy informs Harry that she hired a private investigator to search for their son, who was given up for adoption many years ago. Naomi is desperate to intervene with Adrianna s downward drug spiral, but regrets making one last-minute decision. Ryan is dealing with Kelly s departure and decides to try online dating in an effort to hide his true feelings about her absence.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 8:00 PM

"I love when the water glides over my ass." Gosh, I love Tabitha!!

It's official. Without the Kelly or Brenda connection to the OR, I have begun to lose interest in the show.

But, uhm, wow. Adrianna OD'd? Is she goners? I need her bitchery to keep me at least mildly entertained!

lynettefl

lynettefl

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 8:03 PM

Wow! I am shocked. Tonight's episode actually was very good - the best one so far.

Jessica Lowdnes (Adrianna) was excellent tonight. She and the other Jessica (Silver) are the best actresses/actors on the show.

I was really surprised that the new girl is a cop. I did not see that coming at all. Great twist

Also, I loved how she mocked Annie at the beginning of the episode. Win. She and Ryan have awesome chemistry

AnnaLynn's (Naomi) acting has improved a lot. I loved her scenes with Adrianna.

Annie is the greatest weak link.

txhorns79

txhorns79

Stalker

• Interests:Lawyering.

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 8:19 PM

I was really surprised that the new girl is a cop. I did not see that coming at all. Great twist

I'll admit I did not think they were remaking 90210 and 21 Jump Street, but now I'm confused, is the cop trying to set up Mr. Matthews, so he'll seduce her and she can bust him? Surely an undercover policeman would know better than to try and flirt with a teacher, and purposefully draw attention to herself.

And speaking of which, the principal brought in an undercover cop, but he didn't tell the teachers what he was doing?

Love Tabitha.

And I'm not sure if they meant it as a call back, but it seems Silver certainly thinks like Kelly. IIRC, Kelly did the exact same thing where she painted a wall of her bedroom black. Though I think Kelly would be kind of pissed off if she came home to a black wall in her living room.

I like Adrianna's bitchiness, but the whole "I was going to confess until my mother just happened to pick the exact moment of my confession to tell me how everything depends on me..." was a little too cliche. Though not as bad as the ripped off Saved by the Bell plotline of students raising babies.

frostedglass

frostedglass

Stalker

• Interests:Comedy, yoga, reading TWoP

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 8:19 PM

This episode was not bad IMO. The stories were actually moving along. Even the cliche stories had some entertaining moments. I mean, I don't know how many times we've seen the "high schoolers parent fake babies" story, but I giggled a few times at that story line. I thought with the pop culture/age references that maybe the new student was a plant. I'm glad she is, because I like the potential with her and Ryan. I like that he's over Kelly so fast Hee.

I continue to like Silver and Dixon too.

I like the idea of Naomi's character, but I don't particularly like AnnaLynne Mc's portrayal of the character.

I thought the stories showed promise of developing into something interesting, but the weakest part was the acting. Especially on the portrayers of Naomi, Ethan and Annie.

Some improvement at least.

txhorns The under cover cop was part of the drug bust not a trap for dirty teacher/student relations.

Edited by frostedglass, Oct 7, 2008 @ 8:21 PM.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 8:27 PM

Though not as bad as the ripped off Saved by the Bell plotline of students raising babies.

They totally should have had Zach and AC raise the baby together, but I don't think that would have went off well on a Saturday morning kids show...

txhorns79

txhorns79

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 8:34 PM

txhorns The under cover cop was part of the drug bust not a trap for dirty teacher/student relations.

I understood why she was there, for the drugs, but it's not like she can't make an arrest for something else. I did not get why she would be so openly flirting with the teacher, if she is supposed to be undercover, unless she had some ulterior motive.

Ganymedeone

Ganymedeone

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 8:39 PM

They totally should have had Zach and AC raise the baby together, but I don't think that would have went off well on a Saturday morning kids show...

I thought they were raising Screech...or did I miss the point of the show?
I LIKE the undercover cop character. Just the right amount of attitude. She had me at the Annie snark. So there ARE other teachers at the school? Who knew? Surprise ending there. THAT is why you should not leave angry messages on cell phones, Naomi. You're going to feel horrible when you get out of prison. I like Silver/Dixon generally, but he seems way younger than she is, and it's distracting. Tabitha needs her own plot..or show.

Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 8:53 PM

It was an ok episode. Though I dont know why Naomi was so stupid to run into the bathroom and try to get rid of the coke when she couldve simply dropped the "lipstick" when they werent looking and probably wouldve gotten away with it.

The drug bust was a surprise since it came out of no where along with the new kid being an undercover cop though she isnt exactly lying low by being such a bitch in the class room.

And it was nice to finally see another class room besides Ryans where they do nothing. What does he teach again?

Lunathick

Lunathick

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 8:55 PM

OMG! Annie and Ethan are inevitable aren't they? OMG, this sucks already!

There's nothing worse than putting two boring characters portrayed by two one-note actor/actress together.

Good to get confirmation that Brenda and Kelly were the ones who kept me interested in the show and not the actual teen storylines. It's too bad, because I really wanted to like this.

doggiegroomer

doggiegroomer

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:04 PM

The drug bust was a surprise since it came out of no where along with the new kid being an undercover cop though she isnt exactly lying low by being such a bitch in the class room.

Ahh, but being the bitch in the class room gives her a first class ticket to detention, where all the bad kids hang out, thus, the stoners. I spent the first half of the episode raking my brains trying to figure out where I had seen that girl before, and then I realized that she was on a couple episdoes of CSI. I hated her on CSI, but loved her on 90210. She has a personality other than "blah".

The final scene with Adrianna OD'ing gave me flashbacks of Pulp Fiction.

This is the first episode that I liked....also, the episode with the least amount of Annie. A fluke? I think not.

Edited by doggiegroomer, Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:04 PM.

YumCheesecake

YumCheesecake

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:06 PM

Ew, another teen show with "Baby Think it Over" plotline and wacky couples ensue. Pretty sure most highschool kids have to do that nowadays, even we had to and I graduated closer to the last 90210 class. So done, and not interesting in my book, so I doubt their target audience would be that gobsmacked by it either.

Is the sassy cop girl Casey's sorority sister (Ashleigh?) from Greek? Or if not, what was she on before? She's adorable, and loved the Jeff Spicoli line. Wonder how old she is? (The same age as Aunt Becky, who came out with "nobody puts baby in a corner"?)

The model girl was priceless. Loved her in the herpes commercial.

EdgeGirl

EdgeGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:14 PM

That wasn't so bad, except for Annie's stunted delivery (Ethan.Thats not.Her.Drugs) & hair acting, but that's expected. Her & Aunt Becky can both go back to Kansas.

Silver, I like you, and I really like you & Dixon together, but please for the love of all things holy, do not use the extension "-licious" tacked on to anything again. I had enough of that from Project Runway's tanorexic Blayne this season.

As soon as I saw the cops I figured the snarky "student" was a narc, because she asked where she could get drugs when she was in Matthew's detention. Maybe if they had introudced her in an earlier episode it wouldn't have been so obvious to me.

Adrianna reminds me of Fairuza Balk . I hope they don't kill her off already. She amuses me. Her & Tabitha would have great fun together!

I always wanted to do one of those health class fake baby things. But I went to catholic high school & talking about sex & anything related to it was frowned upon. You know, 'cause high school kids never have sex.

ETA:

The final scene with Adrianna OD'ing gave me flashbacks of Pulp Fiction

It's her hair. She's sporting the same black bob & bang cut as Uma Thurman. Oh, and the needle OD'ing thing too I guess.

Edited by EdgeGirl, Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:17 PM.

Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:23 PM

I guess the writers truly do not know what to do with Navid since he only appeared in one scene the entire episode and I totally forgot about him until he showed up.

And Dixon always seems so innocent and child like in personality when he is with Silver.

Big Lob

Big Lob

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:40 PM

Let me guess. Annie will get the part? Right, right?!!?

Don't do drugs, yeah yeah.

Silver is going to be a tease to Dixon every week, get him all worked up, eventually another girl moves in to give what she won't?

Now we'll be stuck with Naomi having the weight of Adrianna on her head as well as her parents marriage. The actress just can't pull this stuff off. She is not good, plus, now that she isn't with Ethan, she doesn't even serve as a romantic obstacle. I'd rather Naomi leave the show than Adrianna. Poor little rich girl, world against her stuff just isn't the least bit interesting.

I was disappointed when the new student turned out to be a cop. Oh well, guess the awkward teacher will eventually get him a new love interest.

So-so episode.

Enough the entire cast gathers at a contrived event every week please!

txhorns79

txhorns79

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:44 PM

I guess the writers truly do not know what to do with Navid since he only appeared in one scene the entire episode and I totally forgot about him until he showed up.

Yeah, I don't get that at all. Was the actor involved in something else while they were filming all these episodes? For a regular character, they've given him absolutely nothing to do, and barely any screentime. We have more character development from Adrianna, and she's a recurring character.

Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:49 PM

I phased in and out of this. Liked when the "new girl" made fun of Annie and Dixon/Silver is great but I lost interest in this episode by the end and was going in-and-out. The undercover drug agent bit was out-of-place and Annie and Ethan continue to be the worst and most annoying actors on this show.

sourcherry10

sourcherry10

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:59 PM

I actually enjoyed that. The last scene was really good. And I loved the Silver/Dixon scenes... they're so cute together!

I had figured from the beginning that the girl was a narc, so it wasn't a big surprise to me (especially after seeing the preview last week).

Manhattan Guy

Manhattan Guy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:09 PM

It really creeped me out that a teacher showed up at a student's birthday party. The fact that it was apparently a giant block party doesn't change that.

And how dumb do you have to be to show up at an event like that with a date you've never even met before? He's lucky she wasn't even more embarrassing.

EdgeGirl

EdgeGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:15 PM

Yeah that was weird. But there were at least 2 teachers in my h.s (men of course) that were "Mr. Matthews"; relatively close to the students age, "hip", very flirty with the girls. So his character, while mildy creepy is not that far off for me. YMMV

What's the tally of cast get togethers at? Movie at the cemetary tonight, the fashion show, Naomi's not sweet sixteen, the bowling alley. What's next? Emergency food shopping? Late night run ins at the convenience store (everyone needs a condom!)?

Seriously22

Seriously22

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:18 PM

Silver and Dixon rock.

I felt really bad for Naomi. I wanted to shake Adrianna.

I didn't see the new girl being a cop. That was a twist for me.

ETA: I loved Debbie's "Nobody puts baby in the corner." Cracked me up. Funny how her kids didn't get it though.

Edited by Seriously22, Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:51 PM.

GeorgePBurdell

GeorgePBurdell

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:36 PM

So, do we think Mr. Matthews is the drug dealer? Or did I miss some clue to the contrary?

YuppieLawyer

YuppieLawyer

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:36 PM

What? No mention of the OR shout-out of Dixon falling asleep at Silver's while watching a movie and getting reamed by his parents? It was just like Dylan and Brenda! I guess it is true that Dixon is the new Brenda, and Silver is the new Dylan.

I was wondering how long it would take them to have the episode where a couple/potential couple would have to take care of the fake baby together. I believe that is a requirement for teen shows. I think even Veronica Mars did it, and I don't think of that as a typical teen show.

naneki78

naneki78

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:46 PM

I saw the new student as an undercover cop, as soon as they had the big drug bust at the school. Maybe it's because we had a similar sitch in my home town highschool a couple of years back?

So, we get a gala event every week?

I guess Annie will now get the movie role, since Adrianna is dead or comatose or headed to rehab. That will mean a big movie premier right?

I also like the idea of Naomi, but AnnaLynne McCord is just too 'seasoned' looking to play her, imho.

And Maeve Quinlan looked freaky tonight.

I know we're supposed to like Debbie, but in a match betwen Debbie and Tabitha, I'd have Tabby's back in a minute, drinking problem or not.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:50 PM

Yeah, I don't get that at all. Was the actor involved in something else while they were filming all these episodes? For a regular character, they've given him absolutely nothing to do, and barely any screentime. We have more character development from Adrianna, and she's a recurring character.

Navid really might be the only saving grace for me to continue watching. While Silver and Dixon are a good couple, I fear they are going to become boring soon. Dixon obviously wants more and Silver just aint gonna give it. I wonder if this will be like a David/Donna type thing?

Navid should have been all over this episode now that they took Kelly and Brenda out of the show. There is more than enough time to give Navid a story or at the very least, some sarcastic quips here and there.

I guess I will just have to imagine that he and Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez are swapping spit in the janitors closet whenever we don't see him.

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

• Interests:So You Think You Can Dance, How I Met Your Mother, Fringe, Comic Book Men, Alphas, Don't Trust the B in Apt 23, Castle, Switched at Birth, Survivor, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Dexter, True Blood, Torchwood, and cancelled shows like: BTVS, Angel, Firefly, Dark Angel, Roswell, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Battlestar Galactica, Tru Calling, Smallville, Wonder Woman, Black Adder, Reaper, the 4400, Coupling (UK) Pushing Daisies, Heroes, and many more.

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:53 PM

I enjoyed it and I was afraid they were going to go OTH and have the student and Mr. Matthews get involved but the 21 Jump Street action actually surprised me.

I don't want Adrianna to die, she's my favourite character - at least the actress can act!

And I *loved* "Nobody puts Baby in the corner" but then again, I am so not the target demographic of this show since I am almost 36.

And yes, it looked very Pulp Fiction at the end.

Zycron

Zycron

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:55 PM

Annie and Ethan are sickeningly insipid. They need to die, like a.s.a.p. (Maybe Adrianna can murder them? Stabbity stab. Please?) I loathe them individually, but together they are excruciating. *barf* I gagged during every single one of their boring lame-ass scenes. It was torture.

Navid & his male co-parent (the jock guy) were infinitely more interesting than Annie/Ethan. Yet, once again, the writers missed the boat and focused on the wrong couple for the baby storyline. Why did Navid only get two measly scenes? They introduce a potentially awesome scenario and then just forgot about it. Fuck you, writers! Stop shoving Annie/Ethan down our throats. We need more gay Navid.

Adrianna is the best thing about this show. Love this bitch. She must live. Naomi should go to jail. Incarceration in a juvenile penitentiary is the perfect opportunity to write off her character. Saint Annie/Ethan can visit her in prison with their bibles and snickerdoodles.

The snarky narc can stay. She had me at the first Annie insult. Anyone who hates on Annie is my new favorite person. Harry was pretty sneaky to call in the police.

Oh hai there, George. Welcome back, Kellan Lutz. I hope he gets more scenes now that Ty is gone. This show needs a real bad boy. George should beat the crap out of Ethan again and make Dixon’s life miserable. It would give those two characters something to do besides moon over their girlfriends.

Ugh. I’m afraid Ryan is going to turn out to be Harry’s long-lost birth son.

blbgp

blbgp

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:57 PM

Was student/cop chick in Cloverfield?

dressedinred

dressedinred

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 10:58 PM

Is the sassy cop girl Casey's sorority sister (Ashleigh?) from Greek? Or if not, what was she on before? She's adorable, and loved the Jeff Spicoli line

Not at all. Ashleigh is played by Amber Stevens, while the cop, Kim, is played by Jessica Lucas, who was in She's the Man, Clovelfield and Life As We Know It. Jessica Lowndes, who plays Adrianna, was actually Rebecca's little pledge friend Mandy in a few of the later episodes of Greek last season, and the premiere this season. Speaking of Jessica Lowndes, she's been rocking her scenes.

As far as Kim not keeping a low profile and all of her comments in class, I'm assuming they were to get her into detention, but also to get the other kids to see her as a 'badass' or whatever, which would make them more likely to tell her where to score, and make it seem more normal.

Edited by dressedinred, Oct 8, 2008 @ 7:53 AM.

bsk117

bsk117

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 11:08 PM

And I *loved* "Nobody puts Baby in the corner" but then again, I am so not the target demographic of this show since I am almost 36.

But that was the brilliance of it -- the quote was immediately followed by completely blank stares from the kids, as it probably should be. Marked the first time I've laughed out loud at this show.

Well, the first time I laughed out loud, when the show *intended* for me to laugh.