The Life & Times Of Tim

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

51 replies to this topic

Taxman

Taxman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 8, 2010 @ 10:15 AM

I was unimpressed with the latest episode (the firefighter and dead husband one). Way more cursing than usual, most of it totally unnecessary. Also? The show works when Tim's sort of a goof who gets himself into situations that are basically his own fault, i.e., when Tim's kind of the joke. Here, it was others who were taking advantage of him. And, it wasn't really funny. Unfortunate, because I really like the show in general.

pakelihe

pakelihe

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 1:28 PM

I really loved the pharmaceutical sales rep episode. It had more laugh out loud moments than about any other episode this or last season, at least for me.

revbfc

revbfc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2010 @ 1:27 PM

And I think that lat night's episode ("Nagging Blonde," & "Tim and the Elephant") might have topped the pharmaceutical rep. Not only did the stories offer something a little different from usual, but the guests were stellar. Now if only Debbie would show up one more time.

pakelihe

pakelihe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2010 @ 10:58 PM

The casting on "Nagging Blonde" was awesome. Some really funny guest stars got to shine. And it was finally nice to see Tim win one for a change.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2010 @ 3:02 PM

I can't believe I never thought to look for this show in animation. I've check Sitcoms countless times. Pairing this with Ricky Gervais' show was a genius idea.

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2010 @ 3:23 PM

Is it just me or has Amy become a bit more bitchy this season? Because I kind of like that angle of her character.

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2010 @ 12:33 PM

I really hope this show gets renewed for a third season. It's the type of show and universe I can get comfortable in. I find it to be a great way to start the weekend on Saturday morning with On Demand.

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Aug 17, 2010 @ 12:35 AM

Turns out HBO canceled The Life and Times of Tim earlier this year. But then they renewed it .

Edited by CantThinkUpName, Aug 17, 2010 @ 12:35 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Aug 17, 2010 @ 11:02 AM

It makes a nice block w/Ricky Gervais' show. If it was the only series on HBO that I watched, I'd probably cancel service for a time until other shows came back.

revbfc

revbfc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 19, 2011 @ 6:51 PM

Thank you , HBO! Thank you for bringing back Tim.

ChickenLatte9

ChickenLatte9

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 26, 2011 @ 2:23 PM

I did not know this show was back. I am one happy chick.

Nichael

Nichael

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 31, 2011 @ 9:39 PM

Last night's episode was one of the best ever of this show. Stephen Root and Rob Corddry were cast perfectly.

Taxman

Taxman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

Alas, the show's ratings are in the toilet. Something like a 0.0 in the 18-49 set, and about 78,000 viewers overall, according to TV By the Numbers. So you could fit just about everyone in the country who even knows about the show into Giants Stadium. And yet, it's still on. I wouldn't have known it was back if my DVR's "Series Recording" function didn't remember.

I still like it, honestly. There's just something about it that makes me laugh stupidly at least a few times in every episode. Those of us who enjoy it should probably suck everything we can out of it, because it'll be gone soon enough.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

Something like a 0.0

Wow, that's...:rubs hand on the back of my head wordlessly, Tim style:

Especially since this might be the best season so far.

Those of us who enjoy it should probably suck everything we can out of it

IS THIS DEBBIE?

Edited by JessicaLovejoy, Jan 7, 2012 @ 8:17 PM.

FreeperDave

FreeperDave

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

Tim plays the normal and stammers while all kinds of weird goes on around him. It's what Bob Newhart would be like if he were animated and R rated.

revbfc

revbfc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

Is it bad that I found nothing wrong with Tim's actions during "Dick Bonington's Humpathon?" Heck, I thought he was uncharacteristically honorable.

sully26

sully26

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 1:16 AM

Oh my God! Did they kill Tim? Guess that ends all speculation about a fourth season. Great show.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

Oh my God! Did they kill Tim? Guess that ends all speculation about a fourth season. Great show.

Well, it was the "O" that was falling on him so he might've gotten lucky.

But yeah, perfect ending if they're not doing any more episodes.

Nichael

Nichael

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

The song always said "I'll never get out of this world alive," but I never took it literally. I'll miss the show if that was it, but it was a good episode, and a great series.

Edited by Nichael, Feb 18, 2012 @ 11:40 PM.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 6:31 AM

Well, here's what Steve Dildarian said on Twitter:

Steve Dildarian @stevedildarian Reply Retweet Favorite Open
don't assume that just because a giant O falls on your head that you automatically die. SO many things can happen at that point.

I guess he's open to another season at least.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

There's a big hole in the middle of that O.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

The song always said "I'll never get out of this world alive," but I never took it literally. I'll miss the show if that was it, but it was a good episode, and a great series.

My thoughts exactly. Although I do have a vision of Tim in a full body cast, being tortured by insane medical staff, custodians and shark lawyers wanting to take his case.