1-6: "Model Behavior" 2008.09.30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

140 replies to this topic

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 5:12 PM

(TiVo says:) "Model Behavior" Naomi's plan to get her parents back together backfires; Silver catches the attention of a client at a fashion show; an indie film producer offers Annie an audition; a phone call from an old friend makes Kelly question her relationship with Ryan.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:00 PM

Finally, some great Brenda/Kelly scenes!!

I still think it was way too soon for the baby daddy reveal since they couldn't lock Luke into making an appearance (yet) but I'm glad they they are FINALLY getting to the Dylan issue. Even though Brenda deleted Dylan's phone number, I don't think that she's as over him as she says. She just wants to be loyal to Kelly (for whatever reasons, heh) so I'm still holding out hope that there could be a Brenda/Dylan endgame. I am not buying that she is such a cheerleader for Kelly and Dylan AT. ALL.

BTW, it would have been a nice little nod to the old cast if Brenda's contacts in her cell listed Steve, Donna, Andrea, etc. Would have been a nice little touch. Speaking of the old cast, so Brandon has a family now? Hrmmmm. Is his wife named Emily by any chance? :)

Ethan still continues to play a constipated superfluous character. I'm not really sure where his character is going, but this supposed lead jock is lacking personality and charisma.

Finally, Navid is back but is severely being under-utilized. I fear he's going to play this 3rd wheel comic relief for a while. I think it's time for them to expand Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez's role so Navid could have someone to hang with.

5 bonus points for a Mel mention!! Boo to Brenda leaving :( Shannen needs to return like yesterday!

BKs Nimo

BKs Nimo

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:02 PM

Hmmm...so because Dixon is black, he's a thug and his mom get's questioned about the whereabouts of her baby's daddy? Yea, sadly, this shit happens all too often.

And did Brenda and the teacher dude go off to have sex?

FlowerOrchid

FlowerOrchid

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:03 PM

Wait, is that it for Brenda? She just walks out with Ryan and that's the end? Or did they run off to have sex?

ETA: BKsNimo, I'm glad I'm not the only one who got a "off to ave sex" vibe from Brenda and Ryan.

As for Debbie/Dixon, is there a reason why they barely have any scenes? Even after tonight's fiasco, I expected a scene between the two of them afterwards, where they would discuss what happened and it would end with a family hug or something. Instead they cut to Dixon/Silver and Debbie just mentions Dixon in passing. I'm not sure whether they are supposed to appear this distant on purpose or if the writers just aren't putting in enough effort.

All in all, this episode was far more interesting than the last few. But why was Annie so bitchy to her dad? Was it in response to the complaints that she's too goody goody? If so, I still hate her guts.

Edited by FlowerOrchid, Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:08 PM.

Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:04 PM

Funniest line of the night was Silver telling Dixon that she didn't believe in the model industries "unreal standards." Oh, give me a break! Her and Annie are living embodiments of the modeling industry. She already has the eating disorder so she might as well join the club.

Kelly had more with Dylan than Brenda ever did? That's another "give me a break!" Dylan is such a coward now he talks to Brenda when wanting to talk to Kelly, hasn't seen his kid in almost three years, and after this latest Kelly visit, might be out of his son's life forever? That is an inexcuseable coward.

Brandon's got a family other than Kelly...smart move on his part. Going back to Emily would be a cool idea.

Annie is still an annoying reject out of a Disney movie. That's the first thing I thought when she was walking down the halls at the beginning of the episode. Ethan still has the emotional range of a teaspoon.

Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:05 PM

This was one of the better episodes. But not by that much.

The Brenda/Kelly scenes were the best out of all four episodes they appeared in together. And poor Brenda, she is pulling a GG Serena with Kelly being Blair, always have to consider Kellys feelings over her own. Its obvious that she still has feelings for Dylan and I hope if she comes back, we find out that her and Dylan hooked up again. And Brandon has a family!?! I wanted names and how many kids!

Though I have to say Shannens last scene on the show was a WTF moment. I was expecting her to show up at the very end and end the episode with her on the phone with a certain someone.

And this marks Kellys exit for an episode or two which means...we are finally going to be on our own with the newbies! Thats scary.

But I was really hoping for Brenda to lash out at Adrienna for the whole has been thing.

Lauza

Lauza

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:07 PM

I think something had been going on with Brenda and Dylan and Brenda lied about. And where does Kelly come off being all holier than thou in regards to Dylan?

CtLady

CtLady

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:08 PM

All I can say about this episode is that Shanae Grimes 90 lb frame is 50lbs skeleton, 30 lbs of hair and 10 lbs of teeth.

That and Naomi's dad is the epitomy of douchebaggery.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:08 PM

Though I have to say Shannens last scene on the show was a WTF moment. I was expecting her to show up at the very end and end the episode with her on the phone with a certain someone.

As did I. I was hoping the last second would be Brenda speaking with Dylan telling him she understands why he would want to try to get back with Kelly for Sammy's sake, but that she still loves him.

And where does Kelly come off being all holier than thou in regards to Dylan?

That's as classic Kelly as you can get! St Kelly the Righteous.

Edited by DownsideUp, Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:10 PM.

txhorns79

txhorns79

Stalker

• Interests:Lawyering.

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:11 PM

Speaking of the old cast, so Brandon has a family now? Hrmmmm. Is his wife named Emily by any chance? :)

Yes, they are living on Fire Island together.

Loved the Kelly/Brenda scenes. Part of me thinks it is kind of sad that they are still fighting over Dylan fifteen years after high school, but I do think SD is really good. And I love her little warning to Mr. "I am the only teacher at West Beverly" Matthews about Kelly and her drama.

I did also think it was kind of weird that David wasn't mentioned at all when Kelly was talking about what family Silver had around, and how she would never be alone. Even if he wasn't in LA, it was like they kind of forgot Silver is his sister too. Though I also thought Silver would be a lot more wary of even discussing modeling given her mother's experience.

The rest was kind of meh. I just rolled my eyes when all those students randomly broke into applause for Annie. And Naomi's family drama just is not interesting, and the actor playing her father seemed to lose his acting ability as the episode went on.

LollipopGal82

LollipopGal82

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:13 PM

That's as classic Kelly as you can get! St Kelly the Righteous.

But at least her previous bitch-itudes were about things that were actually true (she just had no business being haughty about it). This "old habits die hard" or whatever it was she said about Brenda possibly hooking up with Dylan now? What in the world?!!! Um, who stole Dylan from who, Miss Taylor? That was such an obnoxious and untrue judgment I wanted Brenda to punch her (I've been waiting for that for 15 years, incidentally).

Loved the mention of Mel, too. And, uh, Kelly's going to leave her 16-year-old sister home alone for what may be two weeks? Someone get Child Protective Services on the line, please.

Edited by LollipopGal82, Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:15 PM.

loseresque

loseresque

Stalker

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:20 PM

Naomi's dad is the epitomy of douchebaggery.

And terrible, terrible, terrible acting. Wow! This show offers a range of bad acting but he was just so bad.

I liked this episode a lot more. The characters seemed to have more personality, except Annie (though the conclusion of her story of Ty was good) and Ethan (again!). I liked Ryan (the teacher) a lot more this week, especially with Brenda. That last scene about him going her way, even though he didn't know which way that was - I thought it was cute. Dixon and Silver are always cute. And the return of Navid!

There are a lot of family issues at play with the Wilsons but the follow through is unexceptional. I was expecting something like the scene with the fashion guy and Dixon at some point in some context, but there really should have been more about that afterwards.

Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:25 PM

And where does Kelly come off being all holier than thou in regards to Dylan?

Yeah, she did. Although this harkens back to "holier-than-thou" Brenda on the original show.

The David exclusion is strange. They've managed not to mention him so far.

There are a lot of family issues at play with the Wilsons but the follow through is unexceptional. I was expecting something like the scene with the fashion guy and Dixon at some point in some context, but there really should have been more about that afterwards.

Yeah, this didn't go anywhere. I sincerely doubt that Debbie's boss would have been understanding of the whole situation. This is Beverly Hills after all.

BTW, did anyone expect that douchebag who was hitting on Silver to be the one in the car with Adrianna at the end.

frostedglass

frostedglass

Stalker

• Interests:Comedy, yoga, reading TWoP

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:26 PM

Is Naomi's dad the "Desperado" guy from Seinfeld? He didn't want to share his song with Elaine? I think he was on ALl My children for awhile too.

He I floved when Brenda told the teacher he dodged a huge bullet with Kelly. Oh snap! So true.

Annie and Ethan are the drain of the teen cast. Even Naomi has some moments lately.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:28 PM

BTW, did anyone expect that douchebag who was hitting on Silver to be the one in the car with Adrianna at the end.

I actually thought it was going to be Naomi's dad trying to pick up some extra nookie on the side.

Edited by DownsideUp, Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:30 PM.

Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:47 PM

Correct me if im wrong here but didnt Brenda/Dylan basically have the same amount of years together that Kelly/Dylan had? Brenda fought her family to be with Dylan and their relationship was definatly more epic then Kelly/Dylan ever was (or atleast to me).

Edited by Primal Slayer, Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:48 PM.

Pixels

Pixels

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:49 PM

I wish they would have sent Brenda off by calling Dylan and saying she'd see him soon. Instead of her deleting his number. :(

I think he was on ALl My children for awhile too.

Yes, he was Will Cortland. Dixie's brother.

Golds

Golds

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:52 PM

Yes, Brenda deleted Dylan's number...but he is the one who called her. So he still has her number! (I'm keeping the faith.)

Elemmennope

Elemmennope

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:52 PM

Does that Ryan guy really remind anyone else of a skinny Scott Speedman (Ben from Felicity)?

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 8:59 PM

Correct me if im wrong here but didnt Brenda/Dylan basically have the same amount of years together that Kelly/Dylan had? Brenda fought her family to be with Dylan and their relationship was definatly more epic then Kelly/Dylan ever was (or atleast to me).

Well plenty obviously went on between Kelly and Dylan in the many years since then. In fact, I think them having a son together would be enough to qualify them as having more just because having had a kid together is pretty major.

Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 9:02 PM

Ya but its not like Sammy was conceived from them having a long relationship with one another. He was conceived during a one night stand and then Dylan was gone and only came back around to see his son every once in a blue moon. Atleast thats how Kelly has made it sound.

LollipopGal82

LollipopGal82

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 9:02 PM

Don't forget, they're sooooouuuuulmates.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 9:13 PM

It's kind of upsetting that we wont get to see the Kelly/Sammy/Dylan "reunion" on-screen. As much as I loved all the Brenda/Dylan/Kelly talk, it doesn't help that there won't be any on-screen payoff.

Unless of course when Brenda returns (and I KNOW she will), she has Dylan in tow :)

DKGirl

DKGirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 9:22 PM

So let me get this straight, the last time Kelly saw Dylan was at Sammy's first Christmas and now Sammy is what 4???? Bwahhhhhhhhhhhh Kelly is so pathetic to even give Dylan a chance and go back to him. When I saw her with the bags, I was hoping she would say she was going to see an old friend and not Dylan. It would have been better and less pathetic.

While I am a Brenda and Dylan fan, I think it is right to say that with Sammy, Dylan and Kelly share more but that doesn't mean they are meant to be together at all. In fact it is clear they cannot make it work. I was still hoping we would know what made Dylan leave...

Oh and Brenda might have deleted Dylan's number but her face? So not over Dylan and Dylan and Brenda are so not ancient history. It was clear that she lied to Kelly and she is still in love with the guy. That said, I was kinda feeling the Ryan and Brenda vibe tonight. Maybe because I find Ryan hot and Brenda is just the best.

I am kinda curious about what Brenda said about Brandon and visiting him and his family? So Brandon is with someone and with children?

Why oh why didn't they go the Brenda/Dylan and Brandon/Kelly way in this new show. It would have been better.... for me at least.

So Silver will be the new Dylan in the way that she will be 15 or 16 living in a house alone...

EdgeGirl

EdgeGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 9:27 PM

Loved the mention of Mel, too. And, uh, Kelly's going to leave her 16-year-old sister home alone for what may be two weeks? Someone get Child Protective Services on the line, please.

I think she's taking her cues from Jim & Cindy Walsh, who left their Beverly Hills home in the hands of their 20 year old son & his friends; who trashed the place before it got taken off the market.

Yes! the Desperado guy is totally Naomi's dad. I was wondering where I'd seen him before.

Gossip Girl did a fashion show way better. The student, has surpassed the teacher.

And, seriously (new) writers? Still with the Brenda hate after all these years? I hoped she did go sleep with Mr. Matthews, because there is no way Kelly & Dylan's cheating soulmate crap was more epic than Dylan & Brenda. Though I wish that they would have had Brenda really be over Dylan, b/c as important as he was to her, he still cheated. Brenda is continually getting shoved off to the sidelines for Spring Queen-Most Beautiful St. Kelly.

Lets hope if Brandon married Emily Valentine that she has a better haircut then the atrocious bowl & bangs she was sporting the last time we saw her.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 9:31 PM

Lets hope if Brandon married Emily Valentine that she has a better haircut then the atrocious bowl & bangs she was sporting the last time we saw her.

Christine Elise has a slightly better hairstyle these days. Still am not diggin' the bangs. If we ever see Brandon, I would pay to see him arm in arm with Emily Valentine and kid in tow!

Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 9:32 PM

Emily looked horrible with that haircut during her last appearance. I dug the redhead look from Season 4.

Yeah, Dylan/Kelly could not compare to the Dylan/Brenda epic.

I might be wrong but it looked like Dylan might have left Brenda four messages.

So Brandon's married but she still wants Brenda to tell Kelly that she's beautiful. And he's still on speaking terms with Dylan after Dylan abandoned Kelly and their kid...

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 9:40 PM

Are 15-year olds allowed to live in a house alone without any adult supervision?

I have to admit that I found myself kind of interested in the whole Naomi story. Her trying to get her parents back together was a little too cliche, yea, but it was still kind of fun. That scene with Naomi, Charlie, and Gail in the restaurant together was appropriately awkward, and I found myself rooting for Naomi to stick it to her father. As for Tracy and Charlie getting back together, I couldn't care less. But I hate Charlie, I'm finding, so I like seeing him pissed off at his daughter for messing with his life.

The Adrianna stuff is probably the best thing going on on this show at the moment. There's drama, it involves numerous characters, and Jessica Lowndes is an exceptional actress (at least when compared to the rest of this cast). Her scoring what looked to be coke at the end of the episode (and the preview for the next one) has me really excited to see where this is going. Ooh, and I did like that Adrianna and her mother suggested that Annie got to be in the play because she's the daughter of the principal. I thought they were going to overlook that point, which wouldn't have made sense.

So, does the fact that Navid wanted to date Annie and that he was excited about being surrounded by female models mean that he's not actually our token gay character? Because I was really, really hoping he would be. I guess there's still hope that he's closeted, but I'm kind of losing hope.

Clare Arnold

Clare Arnold

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 9:45 PM

Okay, was I the ONLY one who was barfing at the early on scene in the hall with STUPID Annie and all her classmates rushing up to tell her how great she is and the ovation and all that? Could she BE more of a Mary Sue? (Chandler Bing voice)

Argh. I seriously hate Annie. Nothing against SG or whatever, she's very pretty, but the character and the way the actress is being made to portrait her is something I haven't hated on tv in a long time.

That said, I seriously seriously love Adrianna more and more each week. And she is seriously really cool looking too, I think she has the best bitch eyes on tv right now. She's beautiful in a different way (so is Silver). The women besides Naomi (who is growing on me, slowly) are all well cast in the show.

Which leads me to the men...ugh. Ethan is crap on a cracker. Can we recast him? He can't act!

The show was in high gear tonight, I enjoyed most of it. I don't want to talk about OR too much because its frowned upon but I do like the idea of Brandon being with Emily in the end, although Christine Elise looked AWFUL in season 5 with that bowl cut hair. Jennie Garth looked her best season 5 I think so the contrast and Brandon cheating on Kelly with Emily was a bit difficult to swallow and was clearly there because Jason Priestly was dating Christine Elise at the time in real life. Sorry mods for the talk of OR...I will stop now.

Love me some Brenda and Kelly bickering and making up, that was classic and beloved. But its got to be said, SD is amazing and all and I love her to death but she continues to look like hot buttered ass. Could she not have slimmed a bit for the role, her face and neck are so puffy! It was distracting me. Jennie looks so amazing still...and all I could think was Brenda, go get your teeth fixed.

Adrianna snarking on Brenda for being a has been was awesome, and deserved a smack back ("peaked at 14"), loved it.

All in all I will be back next week I GUESS just for Adrianna since the old schoolers are gone, but if they don't re-tool Ethan and Annie I am out of there. They will be the most boring couple since Billy Campbell and Allison Parker. Adrianna and Ty would be cool I think, though. And Dixon and Silver are fine.

Oh and love the Mel reference but where are David and Donna? Why can't they look after Silver?

finneganrules

finneganrules

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 30, 2008 @ 9:50 PM

OMG! That was terrible.

I'm so tired of these major contrivances (bowling alley) that get the non-gang of enemies and acquaintances in the same unlikely spot every week. Career day with Annie, Brenda and Ryan babysitting Adrianna, Naomi playing matchmaker, and Navid, Dixon and Silver along for...why? I loved the outings on the original, but they made sense because the gang was a gang of friends.

I was wrong: Navid isn't Andrea, he's Steve. That crap with the models is straight out of the Steve Sanders book of comic relief.

Naomi's plotline is shockingly dull, as was Silver's. How did that photographer go from minor plot contrivance to racist pedophile in like half a second? The drama was over before it even began! Same with Adrianna. I really liked her bitchery, and was so upset when she apologized (and spilled the beans to Ty).

Annie is intolerable. She actually said "I'm a good person"?

Kelly just left her 16-year-old sister alone for an indefinite period of time in her apartment, Dylan-style. She's a guidance counsellor. Nice.

Wheat from the chaff:

Brenda and Kelly's return to not one, but two triangles! Brenda totally boned the teacher. He was hitting on her, she dissed Kelly (yay), he said he would go wherever she was going, and then she (after a dramatic pause) was like "let's go". That = boning. And she was crying as she deleted Dylan's contact!!! I know a broken heart when I see one! Man, that character can do no wrong. What a perfect balance of toughness, vulnerability, and character.