Fringe in the Media: The Truth Is Out There...Again

• Please log in to reply

4453 replies to this topic

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 6:10 PM

Or, since Nimoy is semi-retired from on-camera work, are they writing themselves into a bit of a corner? “Once you kind of realize the extent of everything, it will probably become clear why we’re not [writing ourselves into a corner],” Wyman answered, cryptically.

My guess: Bell has soul-magneted himself into Walter, and both he and Walter are inside Walter now. (Which would explain Walter's personality change; and Walter's rage toward Bell is a cover-up.)

The EPs stopped short of confirming buzz that Season 5 would heavily involve the year 2036 seen in Episode 19: “That future is important to our storytelling, but it’s the not the be all and end all.”

My guess: Alternating episodes of present (or near-future, ie 2016) and future (2036). One set of episodes explains what happened to result in "Letters of Transit," the other set shows them fighting back in 2036.

“Seth is spectacular and awesome … but as for his standing going forward, to say anything about that would be also to reveal things that are coming ahead,”

My guess: The Alt-U will be seen again, either in the near-future or the far-future.

tigerisis

tigerisis

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 6:38 PM

Those guys really know how to say something without saying anything at all and stirring the pot. I eat it up though! Love our showrunners!

flyingleap

flyingleap

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:47 AM

A Robin Williams guest appearance would definitely boost ratings, which would help ensure we see the entirety of season 5.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:35 AM

A Robin Williams guest appearance would definitely boost ratings, which would help ensure we see the entirety of season 5.

There seem to be some either believing or hoping that there will be 22 episodes to Season 5... but that isn't going to happen.

Also, Fox is not going to yank the show off the air before the 13 episodes have been run. (They certainly could have done that to the show THIS season but that possibility never even came up.)

We will get 13 episodes, and done.

That said, it's certainly to Fringe's advantage to get better ratings even during a final lame-duck season. Going out strong is always preferable, because you never know what creative opportunities can develop even though a show is going off the air.

JodyA

JodyA

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

My guess: Bell has soul-magneted himself into Walter, and both he and Walter are inside Walter now.

I think they would have to come up with one method that requires little personal screen time for Leonard Nimoy. Voice overs seem to work for him or to have Bell appear in a new form. I'm leaning towards a biomechanical form this time until a true human host or form can be found. This would explain the human shape shifters. This would also explain why Bell could be in cahoots with Jones until Bell got what he wanted, then he could turn on Jones. Bell did something similar to Walternate in the previous timeline.

I'm concerned for Olivia. She may be a casualty or a sacrifice for this new war coming. It is what she was created for and we do not know what type of 'programming' Olivia has been given. The "man x" could be that program in some form. He was in her mind and may be her target and in assassinating him may cost her her life maybe by overuse of her powers.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

Awww, Peter and Olivia bein' all domestic!

http://www.hollywood...r-olivia-319959

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

Awww, Peter and Olivia bein' all domestic!

http://www.hollywood...r-olivia-319959

Thanks, MM.

That clip... I just can't... it's too sweet, and lovely, and warm, and normal...

And then all hell will rain down on those two beautiful kids...

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:16 PM

So, is she already P.G., or just talking about a nursery for the hell of it? OUT WITH IT, WOMAN!!!

ETA: Isn't it cool that we already know whose potential arrival is being discussed?

Edited by Money Magnet, May 3, 2012 @ 2:17 PM.

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

I think I caught my breath when Olivia says "nursery"

Of course, these cruel writers also had to have Olivia say "only if I'm dead"

Edited by Jodhaa, May 3, 2012 @ 2:18 PM.

calguy2009

calguy2009

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:25 PM

It might be time to say farewell to the old Bishop house and Olivia's continuously shifting apartment.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

It might be time to say farewell to the old Bishop house

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

Well the Bishop house probably still has that hole in the living room

ultimategirl

ultimategirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

Oh, warm and fuzzy feelings. Which means that something horrible is about to happen. But I love that Olivia can be all cute and relaxed with Peter.

Also...is there a difference between a bedroom and a nursery?

Edited by ultimategirl, May 3, 2012 @ 2:54 PM.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

Never mind the hole in the Bishop house floor - can you imagine how hard babyproofing the lab is gonna be?

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:17 PM

::sigh:: Peter's smile. . . so sweet. And then it all goes to hell. Poor kids.

fedorafadares

fedorafadares

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

I'm guessing this is *how* she tells him she's pregnant. Nice!

Lurkey

Lurkey

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

::sigh:: Peter's smile. . . so sweet.

Dear lord, I think *I* just ovulated.

I'm guessing this is *how* she tells him she's pregnant. Nice!

Yeah, I get that sense too. Damn it to hell, you two--I'ma take your phones outside and BURY THEM. whimper...

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

Best way in the world to get an audience excited about a TV couple's pregnancy (esp since TV fans tend to treat babies as though they have cooties)- show us her grown up and AWESOME first.

Edited by CheerAngel, May 3, 2012 @ 4:26 PM.

Oldgeek

Oldgeek

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

Love how they can hook in both the geekboys and the women. Etta's awesome and hot so those dudes will have to tolerate a hiatus pregnancy.

calguy2009

calguy2009

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

#2 and #3 Sneak Peeks

http://www.youtube.c...feature=g-all-u

The End Game video

Edited by calguy2009, May 3, 2012 @ 5:18 PM.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

My interpretation of the scene is that it's her telling him that she WANTS to have a baby, not that she is pregnant. I think their reaction would have been stronger than to just shrug and answer their phones. :-)

Edited by Money Magnet, May 3, 2012 @ 5:51 PM.

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:22 PM

The scariest clip was the cast interview clip. When John says he read the script and said, "What? You can't do that to people. . ." What does that mean? Who has to die/needs to be sacrificed/do we have to lose, etc? I don't want to lose Peter again, and I certainly don't want Olivia to actually die. I have a feeling that after part 2, I might be sobbing in a corner somewhere. Why does that keep happening to me with this show?

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:38 PM

Whatever it is, we'll get through it. We're Fringies, dammit. Ain't nothin' anyone can throw at us.

Ageha

Ageha

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Gawd, I think I'm going to implode, either from fan girlish delight at all the adorable domesticity or in sheer terror over what sort of angst they're going to rain down upon us. And I absolutely love them for it! ;)

Edited by Ageha, May 3, 2012 @ 9:35 PM.

Lurkey

Lurkey

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

I have watched that clip too damn much, but it's just so adorable. Peter's living his domestic-bliss dream: lolling around in bed with Olivia and the Sunday paper. And Olivia, so relaxed!!! that she's feigning sleep but still alert enough to make smartass remarks about real estate...and then she turns sentimental and sweet on a dime. I'm such a dork, because I LOVE THEM.

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:25 PM

For me, the best part of that clip is Josh Jackson's facial expressions. That boy could teach a master class on face acting.

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:34 PM

I giggle at Olivia's reaction when Peter says Walter made the dog nonallergenic. Heh! She shouldn't be surprised by anything Walter does by now.

Ageha

Ageha

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

And just out of sheer curiosity, what is it about those areas that Olivia is against? Particularly the last one because every time I watch the clip I keep begging her not to joke about death! ;)

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:45 PM

I watch the clip I keep begging her not to joke about death

I know! Cruel, cruel writers. Then we have the interrupted kiss.

It's just all feels symbolic and full of forshadowing :(

fedorafadares

fedorafadares

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

And just out of sheer curiosity, what is it about those areas that Olivia is against? Particularly the last one because every time I watch the clip I keep begging her not to joke about death! ;)

Medford=congested, shoulder-to-shoulder living
Holliston=former farmland-turned-white collar suburb for commuters to boston
Woburn (Peter said Weburn?)=kind of grimy small city. No offense to those who love it, but I'd want to die, too.
Lexington=woodsy, monied, understated, historical suburb

More 'Liv's type of place?

Personally, I picture them in Cambridge or maybe Hyde Park... old houses, sidewalks, trees, lots of parks and street fairs. Dare to dream.