Fringe in the Media: The Truth Is Out There...Again

• Please log in to reply

4453 replies to this topic

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2008 @ 11:45 AM

I thought I'd get the ball rolling on media mentions. Feel free to suggest a better title. I'm not exactly the greatest with clever quips.

Hulu has several tidbits to share. There are cast interviews, albeit brief ones, with Anna Torv, John Noble, and Joshua Jackson. There's also an interview with J.J. Abrams. There are several web exclusive clips. One that sounded fairly interesting was "Three Dozen Incidents." Here's the link. Hopefully, I'll eventually have the time to check them all out.

I also posted this link in the Ratings and Scheduling Thread because you can view the pilot and second episode there, too. You do have to sign up at Hulu, but it's free. You still have to watch a couple of commercials.

brista

brista

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 21, 2008 @ 12:45 PM

Chris Moyles from BBC did a 37 minute interview with JJ Abrams. It isn't all about Fringe but he does talk about "hidden clues" in this show and things like that.

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2008 @ 9:08 AM

USA Today has an article about the science on Fringe.

Lee2912345

Lee2912345

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 1, 2008 @ 7:29 PM

Fringe gets full season order.

Fringe orders full season

GreenPhoenix

GreenPhoenix

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2008 @ 9:18 PM

Here's a story about Jasika Nicole being out, with a brief mention of the series.

the suits

the suits

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 2:26 AM

Heart be still. At first by "out," I thought you meant off the show, gone the way of Judy from Family Matters who went upstairs never to be seen or heard from again.

This news is much better. Glad that Jasika feels comfortable being an out lesbian.

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2008 @ 6:13 AM

One person suggests ways to improve show

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2008 @ 9:00 AM

Good interview with John Noble

Spoilery

jerslix

jerslix

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2008 @ 11:48 AM

Mark Valley talks about John Scott. I think I may love him. Mark, that is, not John. I can't get the image of a washed-out John slitting that guy's throat in the hospital, and that eliminates him from TV boyfriend contention, even if he was a figment. But Mark sneezes in the interview, and then works it into his discussion about the difference between Mark and John. Hee!

The site also has an interview with Anna Torv, from a few weeks ago.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Dec 12, 2008 @ 10:04 PM

OK, this isn't exactly Fringe in the media, but Fringe-fringe science in the media: I just watched The Rachel Maddow Show and there was a brief story about scientists in Japan extracting images from people's brains. There wasn't a lot detail, but I think it's quite likely that the scientists methods were really different than Walter's eye-image extraction.

kmg49

kmg49

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 15, 2008 @ 2:38 PM

Question...does anybody follow the Fringe podcast on Itunes? I saw it and subscribed way back in September, but I haven't gotten around to listening to any of them, and I'm wondering if they're worth the time.

SillyMamma

SillyMamma

Fanatic

Posted Dec 15, 2008 @ 9:03 PM

The "official" podcast is a bust (and not likely official). There are several others that are pretty decent: Fringe Dwellers and ?The Fringe Podcast? spring to mind.

Beacon

Beacon

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 11, 2009 @ 3:47 PM

Cool Fox promotion tidbit:

I just saw The Observer on the sidelines of the Eagles vs Giants NFL division round playoff game. They were introducing one of the team's offensive starters and there he was Observing the football game.

Edited by Beacon, Jan 11, 2009 @ 3:49 PM.

Leena

Leena

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 12, 2009 @ 1:18 AM

I told everyone I was with that that was him and no one believed me - good to have confirmation!

scotti

scotti

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2009 @ 12:25 AM

Thank you! I thought I was just seeing things. Curious to see if the football game appears on a future episode.

t389190001

t389190001

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 16, 2009 @ 1:55 AM

Here is a really, REALLY cool recap video called Fringe- in 5 minutes

Faran

Faran

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2009 @ 10:24 AM

I heard on the radio on the way in to work this morning that Joshua Jackson is a guest on The Hour tonight. George always does great interviews, so it's going to be a definite PVR appointment for me.

Maybe Joshua will do an installment of "Best Story Ever" or will be the focus of their opening sequence. Those are always highly amusing.

Edited by Faran, Jan 20, 2009 @ 4:09 PM.

hangingstar

hangingstar

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2009 @ 10:54 PM

This interview with Kirk Acevedo was posted by Fox Fix. He talks about Charlie's intentions, and a theory he hard about a Lost-Fringe connection.

I am so happy to see him get some attention in this role. I've loved him since he was Joe Toye in Band of Brothers.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2009 @ 2:27 AM

Fringe stars to appear at New York Comic Convention next weekend. I thought it would've been mentioned in these parts. Nice roster, though I'm disappointed the cow won't be making the trip.

babscoco

babscoco

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 28, 2009 @ 11:23 AM

Beacon
did you ever go to this website? there is a clip from the game ....
here

Edited by babscoco, Jan 28, 2009 @ 11:26 AM.

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2009 @ 9:21 AM

Anna Torv, Mark Valley get hitched

ashfett

ashfett

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2009 @ 4:32 PM

Joshua Jackson has been added to the Fringe panel at New York Comic Con.

HarleyQ

HarleyQ

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2009 @ 11:16 PM

Since there seems to be no "in real life" thread in this forum I suppose a few tidbits from the New York Comic Con panel can go here.

Anna Torv seemed very sweet but nervous and out of her element, and gave kind of short boring answers. I suspect she doesn't have experience with these kinds of fan events. She did gamely agree to help one audience questioner "test" his "telepathy device", supposedly for credit in a college course (ha!), which turned out to consist of an actual literal tinfoil hat which she donned briefly while the guy put on an identical hat and pretended to try to read her mind. Sometimes audience members ask the lamest "questions" at cons....

Either John Noble was putting on a Walter act for the fans, or the man is seriously eccentric in real life. He grinned a lot in a rather alarming way, rattled off wildly confusing answers in mile a minute stream of consciousness sentence fragments, and blithely ignored the microphone in front of him, to the point that Joshua Jackson even leaned over to move it closer to his mouth (in a very Peteresque way). When you could understand a word he was saying he spoke very intelligently about doing extensive research on mental illness for the role. When asked if perhaps the mysterious William Bell would turn out to be Walter himself (not a spoiler of any kind, purely the wildest of speculation), he responded with something incomprehensible along the lines of "Well, it's interesting to think about Walter being William Bell, but the important issue is, is Walter Walter", which he delivered as if it were a zen koan and then sat back smiling like the cat that ate the canary.

Kirk Acevedo told an anecdote about one of the extras playing a victim on the bus filled with goo, who was terribly ill when they were filming the laid-out "bodies" and was throwing up while playing dead covered in goop from head to toe. Uck.

Josh Jackson stole the show. I don't remember everything he said but I do remember him complaining bitterly about freezing his ass off watching the Giants/Eagles game from nosebleed seats and then seeing on the scoreboard that the Observer got to be on the 50 yard line! At one point someone asked him and John Noble about the father-son relationship; the question was something along the lines of well, did you just fall into it naturally or did you have to work to "hone your bond". Jackson's face lit up with humor, he hoisted an eyebrow wickedly, turned to Noble, waited a comic beat and asked "John, have you honed our bond?" I wish I could do justice to the delivery. Noble grinned in a truly psychotic-looking manner, stared out at the audience and... said nothing whatsoever. For an uncomfortably long time. The whole thing was basically an Andy Kaufman routine.

The producer (so sorry, I don't remember his name) said that one of the reasons he really loves Fox is that they devoted a lot of time and effort to trying to get the Observer on the podium at Obama's inauguration.

Edited by HarleyQ, Feb 8, 2009 @ 11:19 PM.

Lenster

Lenster

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 9, 2009 @ 2:12 PM

For some of us who can only dream of being able to attend to one of these events, sure appreciate any information that is shared with us. Thanks for sharing.

hangingstar

hangingstar

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2009 @ 1:18 AM

Thanks for sharing, HarleyQ! It sounds like it was fun to see and listen to them. Were Jasika Nicole (Astrid Farnsworth) and Lance Reddick (Phillip Broyles) there also?

DaisyBuchanan

DaisyBuchanan

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2009 @ 10:14 PM

EW says that if the show is renewed for next season, filming will be moved to Vancouver, to save on production costs.

Link

Demian

Demian

Network Executive

Posted Feb 28, 2009 @ 9:11 PM

There's going to be a press conference at Kaufman Astoria Studios on Monday at 1 PM regarding the New York State tax incentive program. The local unions, guilds, vendors, and crew members are trying to get the program extended to keep all of the jobs in New York.

Xieynce

Xieynce

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 18, 2009 @ 8:33 AM

Moving to Vancouver??Josh must be happy to go back home.

GreenPhoenix

GreenPhoenix

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2009 @ 11:42 AM

TV Guide has started a series of video Q&As with John Noble. The accompanying text, though, wanders into spoiler territory; the videos probably will, too.

SillyMamma

SillyMamma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2009 @ 2:56 PM

http://arstechnica.c...fringe-code.ars

Fringe code broken