The Cleveland Show: Yet ANOTHER "Family Guy"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

626 replies to this topic

callie lee 29

callie lee 29

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

For me, I think it's mainly Peter and Lois vs. Cleveland and Donna. Both husbands are complete idiots, but at least I get that Cleveland loves his kids. Peter has always come off as tolerating Stewie (can't really blame him there), maybe possibly liking Chris and for the most part out right despising Meg. Lois and Donna are pretty even. Frankly, the best episode of FG for me would be Peter and Lois painfully kicking the bucket in some way and Meg dancing a damn jig on their graves. Take Brian with them and I'd probably DVR and watch the show over and over.

vexer6

vexer6

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 12:51 PM

Strange, looks like CS is the only show on AD that's airing a new episode tonight.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 8:59 PM

Heh, so it was new. Thanks for letting me know!

Man, we haven't seen Arianna in quite some time, and she was great.

"$2000, do you know how many recorders I can buy with that? All of them, because they are cheap like you."

At first I thought it was weird that Freight Train would suddenly care about Cleveland, but then I realized that it was "Jocelyn Elderwood" that cared, and he only wanted to use the predicament to get him successful again. I really liked how the whole murder played off: Mr. Waterman poisoned his wife so he could finally be Mr. Coroner.

Also, I really loved Gus's "workout video." Pure David Lynch weirdness.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2013 @ 6:56 PM

This week was new too!

It was only natural that Junior would be experimenting with food to the point making food with molecular gastronomy.

I liked that everyone assumed the reason why Dr. Fist kept seeing Cleveland was that he was dying. Makes a lot of sense that Cleveland considers Holt, Lester & Tim "the second tier." I really wanna see the other group of friends.

vexer6

vexer6

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:45 AM

Decent ep, good to see Choni again, loved the characters reading their lines off a script and the "loaded" urinals.

undecideable

undecideable

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2013 @ 4:10 AM

Having seen the episode, I withdraw this question.

Edited by undecideable, Apr 17, 2013 @ 5:55 PM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

It's official: It's done.

xander874

xander874

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 7:45 AM

Not totally surprised, although there were weeks this was my favorite of the McFarlane shows. I'm sure a lot of it is due to the inconsistent scheduling that Fox excels at. But, it did sort of devolve into a Family Guy clone. Oh well, it had a good run! Wonder if Cleveland will return to Quahog with Donna in tow.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 4:18 PM

Well it wasn't usually the funniest of the shows, nor was it the most memorable, but if I can give it any high praise then I will say it had some of the most awesome original music.

I still love the whole Jesus Walks / Vanessa songs and the song the family sings to Jr. trying to get him to believe in God.

undecideable

undecideable

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 5:45 PM

Well that's a shame. It may not have been the best show (though consistently better than Family Guy), but it always made me laugh. The music was great, and the family worked well as a unit.

And, look, it's fucking amazing when stoned. I'm not going to lie. That and American Dad!, just, wow.

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

• Interests:Graphic Design and Scriptwriting.

Posted Apr 18, 2013 @ 11:59 PM

Oh well, it had a good run! Wonder if Cleveland will return to Quahog with Donna in tow.

I think its a safe bet if its for sure cancelled. The article has a 4/17 update from FOX about the status.

Myself, I've been thinking the last couple seasons they have been doing more, not "crossovers" per say, but having FG characters appear on CS and vice-versa why not just put Cleveland and family back on FG (it seemed like every other or every few episodes someone appeared in some sort of gag or something)...and then also have Cleveland's friends appear every now and then on FG too.

I honestly liked this show more the last season or two over Family Guy. I feel AD has been the best of the three for a while now, but the last couple seasons all three have suffered in quality a bit.

Eri

Eri

Video Archivist

• Interests:Switched at Birth, England, Chocolate, Brit-coms, The Golden Girls..to name a few.

Posted Apr 20, 2013 @ 8:53 PM

I'm fairly new to the Cleveland Show but I wouldn't mind seeing Rallo and Stewie interacting with one another and Meg having a female friend that didn't dump on her like everyone else does.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2013 @ 7:08 PM

Apparently no one wanted to claim the prize for a walk-on cameo, they had Jason Sudeikis voice the guy.

Wasn't really too fond of this episode, but I really liked Roberta's speech to Rallo about Junior's candle of hope. That was rather touching.

vexer6

vexer6

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2013 @ 12:07 AM

Maybe FOX will bring bakc CS later like they did with King Of The Hill, I sure hope it dosen't get cancelled just yet, I'm already pissed off at Napoleon Dynamite being cancelled over the godawful Bob's Burgers(which I REALLY hope gets cancelled next season).

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2013 @ 6:57 PM

Hey, Dr. Fist is still part of the gang!

Loved Robert slapping Federline. Granted it was off-screen, but highly satisfying. And yeah, not shocked that Gus lives in a mausoleum.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2013 @ 3:35 PM

When this show is over rather than Family Guy, it would make more sense to slide some of the characters over to American Dad since both shows are set in Virginia.

TapirVance

TapirVance

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2013 @ 5:01 PM

For once, I agreed with Donna. That was sick, what Cleveland and his guys were doing. Though at least Cleveland realized it, too, in the end.

Loved Robert slapping Federline. Granted it was off-screen, but highly satisfying.

Even more satisfying was that even Roberta thought he deserved it and wasn't mad at Robert at all. Though I'm irked that that was Roberta's only "appearance" in the episode.

Actually glad there was minimal Junior, as well. I really like him, but he gets way too much screen time sometimes.

Surprised that they really did up Cleveland's circle of friends by keeping Dr. Fist with them. Color me shocked. FG's always been too afraid to add to Peter's posse for some reason or another, so I appreciate them experimenting with a fifth member on CS.

Rallo's trick at the end reminded me suspiciously of the Golden Girls episode where Blanche, out of anger and jealousy over Dorothy dating one of her men, calling the cops on her and telling her that she'd stolen her (rented) Mercedes.

undecideable

undecideable

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2013 @ 6:56 PM

For once, I agreed with Donna. That was sick, what Cleveland and his guys were doing. Though at least Cleveland realized it, too, in the end.

I was also with Donna. in surprise, when Cleveland actually gave a pretty good, thought out, heart felt reason for why he wanted to spend time at the cemetary having dinner and the like with her.

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2013 @ 1:27 PM

That was sick, what Cleveland and his guys were doing. Though at least Cleveland realized it, too, in the end.

Paid mourners are a tradition that go back to biblical times (professional mourners). How is that so different from funeral directors, who offer support and comfort in a funeral home?

Why can't they cancel "Family Guy," which is disgusting, and keep this one? The "Cleveland Show" still has a bit of heart and hasn't gone full-out gross the way "Family Guy" has.

crimsongrl

crimsongrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 9:35 AM

I'm in the Midwest and Auto Racing was still on during The Cleveland Show. I had to find it (& American Dad) online last night.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 9:35 PM

I'm in New York and NASCAR pre-empted it, too. American Dad ended up airing around 10pm since everything else was moved back half an hour.

vexer6

vexer6

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 3:51 AM

The episode was pretty good overall, interesting to finally see Tim and Lester's fathers, the subplot with Rallo and Junior was cute, funnniest part was the gang singing "we didn't start the fire". 

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2013 @ 6:56 PM

Two episodes tonight, because they're showing the episode that was pre-empted last week.

First: "I have something to tell you." "That Roberta's my mom?" "Don't ever say that again."

"Boog-kake." Yeah, the show got away with that one. Rallo having a peanut head (as do the rest of the Tubbs) actually makes some sense, considering the shape of his head with the hair. I liked Junior's bits, especially his evil voice.

Also, this is probably the only show to treat RC Cola as serious business.

Second: "Everybody's grounded!" "Aww..." I loved that.

I liked Cleveland and Donna bonding with their moms.

Tell Her No

Tell Her No

Video Archivist

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 11:27 PM

Well, it had a good run, and I must say that I'm a bit surprised--although I shouldn't be.  With three shows on at the same time, it shouldn't have been much a surprise that the newest one would go (as the one that was pre-empted the most, it fell into the same bag Futurama and King of the Hill did). But I will miss it--for some reason, it seemed to deal a bit better with the whole "bad parenting" idea, much better than FG. Certainly, if it had gone on, it would've gone the way Family Guy has (remember season 1 Lois and Peter compared to now?), but maybe not--American Dad seems to vacillate between FG levels of disdain (especially Stan) and being somewhat loving towards the kids.

So, now there's an open timeslot...what's to take its place? Napoleon Dynamite (crossing fingers futilely...)

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 6:57 PM

Well, this is it: The last two episodes. It's been quite a run.

First Episode: This was a good one. Heh, Cleveland was able to tell himself in 1977 to buy stock in Apple, but Little!Cleveland thought he said applesauce. Cue jars and jars of applesauce appearing in Freight Train's garage.

"There's a peanut butter store?! Dem squirrels lied to me!" Demented Freight Train was freaking funny. I knew something was wrong when Freight Train told Cleveland he loved him. Loved Gus' haunted lowrider hearse.

I really liked Rallo & Junior's subplot with the cherry picker. They actually helped people. "All kids under the age of 7 know everything about trucks and dinosaurs. Then we forget that when we see Star Wars!" So true. The little kid falling off the Magic Giraffe at the end (landing in that position that all Seth MacFarlane characters do when they fall down) slayed me.

Second Episode: Robert & Donna's mom...gettin it on. Then adopting a kid and not realizing their own children would love their parenting. Oh, and Junior pole dances. Yeah, the last one was better.

"How'd we get stuck with this?"

"We are dumb."

What a way to go out.

vexer6

vexer6

Video Archivist

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 12:24 PM

I hope Napoleon Dynamite returns somehow as well.  Who knows? Maybe CS will be brought back later if either Bob's Burgers gets cancelled or Murder Police flops(FOX has yet to officially cancel the show)

NellyFrye

NellyFrye

Channel Surfer

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 11:57 PM

I think CS could still survive if Seth and Mike think to seek out other venues like Adult Swim or Comedy Central.  After all, the latter brought back Futurama for at least three seasons, so who knows?  Might do the same with this show, too.