The Cleveland Show: Yet ANOTHER "Family Guy"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

626 replies to this topic

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

The return of Auntie Mama! And hey, we found out what happened to Donna's mother while also dropping the bombshel of "Auntie Mama was a man this whole time" bomb on her.

I was wondering if Donna would ever find out the truth about her/him over the course of this series. Looks like she finally did. And right at the ending, too, so we couldn't see her reaction.

God, I hate Auntie Mama.

Why? He/she seems pretty inoffensive to me.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 6:55 PM

This week, Junior becomes CJ McCool and lands a lesbian, Donna gets fit, while Cleveland wages a Wiki war on Not Hot Pockets (which got serious enough to cause identity theft and said food being shit down forever).

I love that Junior has a recurring nightmare about Anderson Cooper.

"Your family sure loves lesbians."
"You should see my dad's internet history!"

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

The steakhouse and its waiter return from season one!

Wow. I did not see it coming that Daisy would turn out to be a lesbian. Nor did I think that she'd think Junior was one. As usual, he handled the situation in exactly the wrong way.

The prom thing didn't go as I was expecting, though. I thought Daisy would wanna have sex with Junior and he'd want to avoid it because she'd find out he was a guy that way. Still, the route they went, while the cliche "you should be proud of who you are" route, was done in a pretty nice way, and I thought the way Junior and Roberta (who was thankfully involved a lot in this episode!) ended it was very sweet. I was glad Daisy forgave Junior and acknowledged that it was partly her fault for automatically assuming about him.

You'd think that Junior would learn his lesson about trusting Roberta's judgment in style, though.

Cleveland's story was sort of . . . meh. Was surprised his Slop Popper rival was someone completely new. I thought it'd be Tim or Kendra.

On the whole, very good season finale. Not great, but good. I'm glad season four's coming and can't wait for it to start in September!

Rocky Monoxide

Rocky Monoxide

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 12:13 PM

I enjoyed the season finale, mostly because I always love Reagan Gomez-Preston's performance as Roberta and we never get to see her enough for my liking. I just think she's hilarious.

I still really enjoy this show. I think it's consistently the best-written, tightest, and most watchable of the Seth MacFarlane shows.

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 8:34 AM

I was watching the "Y Tu Junior Tambien" episode (one of my faves) the other day and Cleveland says something like "Junior always said he wanted to be abducted by an alien" or something similar, I know that's from a popular movie or show, but I can't place where its from and its driving me crazy. Does anyone know right off hand? I will owe you.

I can't wait for new episodes, season 3 was top notch and I agree with you, Rocky, it gives me laughs every time.

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

Per a promo I saw a few days ago, the new episodes start when the season premieres on September 30.

And I agree, katymo, that season three was definitely a great season, even if there were a few clunkers. Hopefully, season four continues to deliver.

JabuXevioso

JabuXevioso

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 4, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

Well, season four starts this Sunday, a week after all of the other FOX shows.

Anyone know why CS's premiere had to be delayed by a week?

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

Football pre-empting its timeslot, I assume.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 7:04 PM

The show is back with a Halloween episode. Rallo as Jigsaw was pretty funny, as was Cleveland as Papa Smurf, Tim as He-Man, and Federline as Inspector Gadget.

I can believe that David Lynch is 117 years old.

ETA: The rivalry between Stoolbend and Goochland was interesting, but it will never beat Springfield vs Shelbyville.

Edited by InvaderNorbert, Oct 7, 2012 @ 7:31 PM.

Kalidah

Kalidah

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

The show is back with a Halloween episode. Rallo as Jigsaw was pretty funny, as was Cleveland as Papa Smurf, Tim as He-Man, and Federline as Inspector Gadget.

Holt as Katy Perry was disturbing, though.

Edited by Kalidah, Oct 7, 2012 @ 11:06 PM.

JabuXevioso

JabuXevioso

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

I can't believe every single person in the family left Rallo to bleed out.

Anyone else titter at Donna and Roberta slumping when they each saw what they looked like? Or even full-on laugh?

I like Federline, but I still hate him and Roberta as a couple. And I hate even more when they all but eat each other's faces. Can't they just kiss like a real couple? Like normal people?

Was Chet Butler in a prior episode? I wanna say he was, but I'm not sure. Either way, two seasons in a row, CS has killed someone off on Halloween -- Donny last season, Chet this season. At least Chet wasn't half as interesting of a villain as Donny could've been.

Edited by JabuXevioso, Oct 8, 2012 @ 6:38 AM.

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 3:55 AM

Yeah Chet was in season 2, I think the Little Man on Campus episode when Holt pitches for the high school team as a ringer.

This episode was pretty funny, I liked Jr. dressing up as Cleveland. I'm so glad this show is back!

JabuXevioso

JabuXevioso

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 6:39 AM

Yeah Chet was in season 2, I think the Little Man on Campus episode when Holt pitches for the high school team as a ringer.

Thanks, katymo. I thought I saw Chet in another episode. Just couldn't figure out which one it was, though I had a feeling it was in season two.

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

No prob, I'd remember his slow-clappin ass anywhere.

I rewatched the Escape from Goochland episode and it is so much funnier than I first thought. I love how Cleveland tried to get Toonces the driving cat to be his designated driver.

I loved the recurrence of Daisy's brother at the costume store. "Uhh, Jobs are hard". I hope he's back more often.

I'm kind of annoyed that they've been limiting Tim's lines so that we won't notice Seth doesn't do his voice anymore. What gives? I hope he's not too big for Tim the Bear now!

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

"You can't expect a man my size to walk and blow a tuba at the same time? What do you think killed John Candy?" I liked Junior's reject band, but I really loved Fred Willard as the Clearly In His Mid 40s Guy trying to fit it/not be a pedophile.

So Kanye, er, KENNY West is still a douche. Shocking. Aside from the bits by ?uestlove, Will.I.Am and Bruno Mars, did not care for that Hip Hop Illuminati stuff at all.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

I assumed Fred Willard was a narc.

LinQuelb

LinQuelb

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 1:21 AM

I liked the episode, actually. The story itself was a little bit . . . whatever . . . but at least the jokes were good. If nothing else, I did like that Roberta got more than one line, and that Rallo wasn't annoying for once.

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 5:22 AM

I despise Nicki Minaj, but I did like how she gave her pink wig and huge ass to Rallo at the end! Don't really care about hip hop people either, although I did like how they all suddenly realized that Will.i.am and Wyclef aren't actually the same person like me.

I giggled a lot throughout the whole episode, I especially liked Federline's banapple and he always cracks me up with his "Oo Oo!" stupid thing he always does.

ETA: How could I forget the very last Cleveland grabbing his crotch to the theme song to Curb Your Enthusiasm?! Cracked me up for hours.

Edited by katymo, Nov 6, 2012 @ 9:35 AM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

I liked that whole sequence at the beginning. Everyone at the airport actually let everyone though...and Holt still missed his plane.

David Lynch is definitely this show's Adam West/Patrick Stewart. They just keep giving him weirder material, and he keeps nailing it. Literally taking Cleveland's nose was equal parts funny and horrifying.

Wasn't a fan of the song until it was revealed that Herbert from Family Guy was watching it.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Loved the "In Memoriam" bit for the turkeys, especially since apparently only Cleveland saw it.

Junior is still the best character. He can communicate with turkeys and lead them to freedom! He'd also know how to kill a person and get away with it.

Also, it wouldn't be a Thanksgiving episode without an appearance by Auntie Mom.

Pin

Pin

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 9:05 AM

I can easily explain why there were two straight Thanksgiving episodes in a row. Last week's was meant to be aired last year, but for some reason or other, they didn't air it. The reason was never explained, I don't think. This past episode was this year's official Thanksgiving episode.

Junior does totally rock. But I liked Donna and Rallo's storyline a lot more. Even if Rallo did act like a brat by demolishing Donna's float just because she didn't build it the way he wanted it.

And why was Roberta reduced, again, to two non-speaking cameos?!

I loved seeing Arianna again, and hearing Arianna Huffington's voice was a treat. Her deliveries are always so spot-on.

And as a bonus, this might be the first time I've seen Raymond appear with her instead of with Tim. The show really needs more of him, I think, because he's just a scream! "Uh, I think a boat's chasing us!" "*chuckles* Burn!" He's even high when he doesn't even look high! He can't even assist in an insult without distincting it from a "burn." You know, if Nat Faxon weren't so busy with Ben and Kate, I'm sure he could lend his voice more often.

Can anyone tell me what his dancing in front of Arianna's burning float was all about, though? I'm a little curious as to what that was supposed to reference. Stoner's got some moves, though.

Edited by Pin, Nov 28, 2012 @ 9:08 AM.

Kalidah

Kalidah

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Can anyone tell me what his dancing in front of Arianna's burning float was all about, though? I'm a little curious as to what that was supposed to reference. Stoner's got some moves, though.

A Burning Man reference, perhaps?

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

The breakfast house was awesome.

"Rallo, today you are a dead baby." Some good developments tonight. Rallo's officially a toddler, and that whole "burning all of Rallo's baby stuff" sequence really shows Cleveland's bonding with the other kids. Also, apparently, Donna was pregnant 5 times before.

You know what I've been noticing, lately? A lack of cutaways.

"So to make a baby, all you need is mud, chicken breasts and mac & cheese?"
"That's what Paula Deen is made out of."

Loved that.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:10 AM

http://www.deadline....nimated-series/

The end of The Cleveland Show?

The rest of the animation block has been renewed for next season and there'll be no room left in the schedule for The Cleveland Show - so either they're going to give it a shorter fifth season to cover up the fact that there's only 13 episodes of Murder Police or they'll ditch it entirely. Either way Fox has to make a decision on The Cleveland Show soon-ish if they want The Cleveland Show for next fall...

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

Or they could be moving it to their proposed Saturday block of cartoons, whenever that's going to start.

Pin

Pin

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 7:47 AM

Once again, CS got preempted for a Castle rerun. I don't know what FOX sees that's so attractive about that show. Leave it on ABC, where it belongs.

Any news of whether or not CS will be back next week?

Edited by Pin, Dec 10, 2012 @ 7:47 AM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2012 @ 7:42 PM

New episode! It's the Christmas episode!

Loved Cleveland's initial trip after eating the awesome sandwich. But other than that...pretending to be homeless to eat good sandwiches was a real low for him.

...That's as far as I got before my Fox station pre-empted it for memorial service in CT that Obama attended.

Pin

Pin

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 1, 2013 @ 5:51 AM

Whew. Finally got around to watching this, like, two weeks later!

Loved Cleveland's initial trip after eating the awesome sandwich. But other than that...pretending to be homeless to eat good sandwiches was a real low for him.

Oh, my God, YES. I couldn't believe that he went through all of that just for the sandwiches. I loved him being found out because becoming the short-term pariah was much deserved. It was funny seeing him offend all of those minority groups, though.

The show tried a very odd pairing with Roberta and Kendra. But I kinda loved it. If only for Roberta's in-joke of them having never spoken to each other (at least not at-length) until now!

Even when backgrounded, Junior can be a real scream!

...That's as far as I got before my Fox station pre-empted it for memorial service in CT that Obama attended.

If you have DVR, it should be available on On Demand. If not, it should be on FOX.com and/or Hulu.

Edited by Pin, Jan 1, 2013 @ 5:52 AM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2013 @ 9:13 PM

"We could play bass in this guy's band."
"Nah, I don't wanna be in Styx."

Liked seeing the callback of Donna playing the recorder. That she had one that cost $1100 should've tipped the boys off that she was nuts.

Pin

Pin

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 14, 2013 @ 4:46 AM

I'd known that Robert was a jerk, but seeing him morph into a total villain this week . . . wow. Just to have Cleveland's life.

I was surprised that Freight Train was so disgusted by Robert hustling Cleveland, though. I thought he loved it when bad things happened to him.

I don't think Donna was nuts, InvaderNorbert. She was just giving Rallo and Junior the feeling that she was. Remember that she had a laugh about it after scaring Junior one of those times.