Ratings and Scheduling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

145 replies to this topic

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2010 @ 10:29 PM

Does anyone know if they'll be airing S2 again before S3 starts up? My friend is about midway through S1(she dvr'd it when it first came on but didn't like it too much, stopped watching after about three eps,but revisited it now and is getting into it- yay!) She wanted to know if HBO was showing S2 anytime soon.

Cursed N

Cursed N

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2010 @ 10:39 PM

Nothing airing in the immediate future, but they'll undoubtedly rerun S2 to lead up to the S3 premiere. If she has access to HBO OnDemand, all of S2 is currently available there until February 8.

ETA: HBO will rerun Season 2 on Sunday nights beginning March 21 (HBO2 will also rerun on Saturday nights beginning March 27), which means it will wrap up on June 6. Hopefully that also means S3 will be premiering the following Sunday, June 13.

Edited by Cursed N, Feb 19, 2010 @ 8:45 PM.

gwion

gwion

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2010 @ 4:30 AM

I have just read this on true-blood.net

Truebies anxiously awaiting the return of True Blood in June are in for a treat! HBO has confirmed to True-Blood.net that production on a set of “minisodes” (3-5 minute episodes) is underway. These minisodes serve the joint purpose of promoting season 3 and filling in some of the blanks between seasons 2 and 3. They will feature various characters in short storylines, including Jessica Hamby (Deborah Ann Woll) in a revealing nightclub scene. Look for them to debut on HBO soon.
Source

I hope these will be available on the usual p2p sources too.

caraway seed

caraway seed

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 2:37 AM

That is great news about the webisodes, gwion. I hope they can be viewed outside the US.

Can't hardly wait.

Cursed N

Cursed N

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2010 @ 11:31 AM

Well it's hardly what I'd call official, but MTV is concurring my hunch that June 13 will be the premiere date for Season 3. Fingers crossed...

ETA: On the other hand, Ausiello's word is good enough for me.

In other True news, did you hear? Season 3 premieres Sunday, June 13!

Annnd...It's Official

Edited by Cursed N, Mar 15, 2010 @ 3:39 PM.

Cursed N

Cursed N

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2010 @ 8:45 PM

Beginning May 23rd, HBO will begin airing the 12-minute special Resurrecting Season 2 of True Blood, a short recap of last season a la Alan Ball's A Taste of True Blood from S1. This time around, "Sookie Stackhouse and her 'True Blood' co-stars recall the fang-tastic events from Season Two of the hit HBO series."

Not very long, but hopefully they'll manage to squeeze in a S3 tidbit or two?

Zengar

Zengar

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2010 @ 10:58 AM

EW's report on True blood premiere rating: 5.1 million viewers, up 38 percent over last summer’s season 2 opener. 6.4 million if you count 11pm. I guess the endless promotion and media hype really helped.

Sedruol

Sedruol

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2010 @ 11:19 AM

If you consider they were up against the NBA finals, those are excellent numbers. It'll be interesting to see what next week's numbers are like when they're not up against a major event-type program.

tablemejakeryan

tablemejakeryan

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2010 @ 1:00 PM

That's great news! I would have been shocked if he numbers were low. TB has a very local fanbase and with the word of mouth I'm sure we got a lot of newbies.

SeattleKaren

SeattleKaren

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 15, 2010 @ 6:53 PM

This might not be the right forum, but can anyone tell me if I can stream the Season 3 1st episode anywhere online? I've looked over at hbo.com and can't find it, and haven't been able to find it anywhere else (including netflix or itunes). Suggestions? Thanks!

snav0561

snav0561

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2010 @ 10:27 AM

If you have Comcast and subscribe to HBO you can watch it on their Fancast page. That is the only place I can think that has it. I don't know if any other cable companies have similar sites.

iliveTV

iliveTV

Fanatic

• Interests:Tv, movies, kids...you know stuff.

Posted Jun 21, 2010 @ 3:43 PM

Official season 4 renewal.

I never thought it would get cancelled, but still yay!

tablemejakeryan

tablemejakeryan

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 29, 2010 @ 11:37 PM

Ratings went up for Sunday's broadcast.

mshepnj

mshepnj

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2010 @ 6:23 AM

If you have Comcast and subscribe to HBO you can watch it on their Fancast page. That is the only place I can think that has it. I don't know if any other cable companies have similar sites.

Yes, I've been using fancast to rewatch the episodes and it's great. I think Xfinity has True Blood as well.

tablemejakeryan

tablemejakeryan

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 4, 2010 @ 6:47 PM

I put this in media but it belongs here!

True Blood hit a ratings high!

poseurlady

poseurlady

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 4, 2010 @ 10:40 PM

True Blood is already booked for a fourth season, so the series has plenty of time to continue to impress. The question is, will True Blood eventually outgrow the confines of pay cable? With these staggering numbers, it is sobering to remember that HBO is only carried by one-third of television viewers – although the show's gritty brand of hedonism, horror, and romance would never fly on network television, it's interesting to think what kind of numbers True Blood could pull with that level of availability.

God, I hope they never even think about putting this on network TV, they would water it down and put sparkles on the vamp's faces and just ruin everything.

Cursed N

Cursed N

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2011 @ 1:26 PM

THIS JUST IN: True Blood Season 4 premieres June 26
(WARNING: this announcement may or may not be a bit of April Foolishness)

Edited by Cursed N, Apr 1, 2011 @ 1:31 PM.

Cursed N

Cursed N

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2011 @ 11:00 PM

A recap special, Digging Up Season 3, will air beginning June 7th on HBO. Hopefully it will include some new snippets of S4.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2011 @ 10:24 AM

With the season premiere June 26, I hope they don't take the next week off due to 4th of July holiday. HBO is notorious for not running new shows on holiday weekends.

Shadow Walker

Shadow Walker

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2011 @ 11:28 AM

Ive been thinking about the same thing braggtastic. To air one episode and then be off already the following week sucks lol. I also think its a stupid idea. They have been off the air some 8 months already.

GOT aired on Easter and Memorial Day weekend so I hope TB runs straight through. If they take off 4th of July and Labor Day weekend the show will be done with its run at the end of Sept.

Last year the show aired 2 weeks earlier then this Season.

Cursed N

Cursed N

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2011 @ 6:00 PM

According to the program schedule, we will indeed be getting a new episode on 7/3. As Shadow Walker noted, they've recently been bucking the no-new-episode-on-a-holiday-weekend trend with Game of Thrones, so hooray on both counts.

Edited by Cursed N, Jun 2, 2011 @ 6:20 PM.

Cursed N

Cursed N

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 3:15 PM

And for those that have other plans for the holiday weekend, you can watch early:

HBO announced today that on June 27th, one day after True Blood's fourth season premiere "She's Not There," the network will release on HBO On-Demand both the premiere and season four's second episode, "You Smell Like Dinner"

Shadow Walker

Shadow Walker

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2011 @ 10:17 PM

Thats cool but some people may want to wait and it will be hard to spend a week not reading any spoilers.

Cursed N

Cursed N

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 28, 2011 @ 1:42 PM

'True Blood' premiere ratings are bloody good

The fourth season premiere of True Blood Sunday matched its series high performance of 5.4 million viewers. It also improved upon its season 3 debut by 6%.

Shadow Walker

Shadow Walker

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

Season 5 will premiere on June 10th.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

Save the Dates: HBO Announces True Blood Return

HBO’s Aaron Sorkin-produced drama The Newsroom will debut on Sunday, June 24 at 10/9c, two weeks after the return of True Blood, the cabler confirmed Wednesday.
True Blood‘s 12-episode fifth season will kick off on Sunday, June 10 at 9/8c, with Newsroom joining the lineup two weeks later at 10/9c. (The Newsroom‘s rookie season consists of just 10 episode, hence the two-week gap between premieres.)

Source: TV Line

Edited by agora, Apr 4, 2012 @ 3:21 PM.