Chris Taub

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

71 replies to this topic

Ginn

Ginn

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2008 @ 3:33 PM

I know! The way he decided to screw with House just for the hell of it was amazingly fun to watch. He may be up there with House and Wilson in terms of pure craft and lying ability, so I look forward to seeing him joining in and disrupting their games in the future.

MissMoneyBags

MissMoneyBags

Fanatic

• Interests:Beauty Contests, Railroads, Real Estate Speculation, Bank Errors, Staying Out Of Jail

Posted Feb 2, 2009 @ 8:44 AM

I missed "Painless" the first time and caught it on USA last night. The Taub/Kutner scenes were easily my favorite part of the episode. They don't quite seem to be friends, like buddy-buddy, but they work well together. It's a testament to the actors that their constant running attempts to analyse each other's neuroses don't feel forced or scripted.

The strong implication that it was Taub who attempted suicide - wow. It's the kind of character reveal that could easily have come off as melodramatic, wangsty or self-pitying, but they did it very well. What a fascinating layer to add to the character. I sort of can't believe that the same people who are writing the unbelievable, manufactured drama for Poor! Dying! Thirteeeeen! are also writing this guy. Of course, it probably helps that PJ hits it out of the park every week.

Oh, and I just about died laughing at the Fire Island reference.

gudule

gudule

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 2, 2009 @ 11:34 PM

They don't quite seem to be friends, like buddy-buddy, but they work well together.

It's more like work side-kicks, for lack of a better expression. I'm not sure that they'd go see a magic show like Kutner did with Big Love, but they do work nicely together.

The strong implication that it was Taub who attempted suicide - wow. It's the kind of character reveal that could easily have come off as melodramatic, wangsty or self-pitying, but they did it very well. What a fascinating layer to add to the character.

But again, they could've done so much interesting stuff with that! But if they follow the same pattern as they usually do, we'll never hear anything about it again.

Lissie

Lissie

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2009 @ 7:53 PM

Has the show ever explained Taub's first name? It's the rare, rare set of Jewish parents who name their son "Christopher" or "Christian."

Nausikaa

Nausikaa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2009 @ 8:59 PM

Well, now Taub will presumably commit suicide because of an identity crisis over his goyish first name, and House will have to go yell at his parents.

Driad

Driad

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2009 @ 3:27 PM

The show has not explained Taub's first name, but there was quite a bit of discussion of it in a recent episode thread, probably 5-18 or 5-19. Maybe someone can find it and post a link here.

gudule

gudule

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2009 @ 7:04 AM

Well, now Taub will presumably commit suicide because of an identity crisis over his goyish first name, and House will have to go yell at his parents.

Stop it, or they'll hire you to write next season's !Obligatory!Traumatic!Death!Plot!

MissMoneyBags

MissMoneyBags

Fanatic

• Interests:Beauty Contests, Railroads, Real Estate Speculation, Bank Errors, Staying Out Of Jail

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:10 AM

Bringing this thread back from the grave to mention that a) I'm so happy Taub came back, b) I was happy/sad that Kutner was weighing on his mind in "Ignorance Is Bliss," and c) I sort of wish Chase had taken Taub up on the offer to bond, because the combined powers of their snarking would be epic.

Namaste

Namaste

Fanatic

Posted Nov 26, 2009 @ 3:48 PM

I love Taub more and more when I see him, in part because PJ has such a great, dry delivery and in part because despite all the frustrations, Taub is wonderfully grounded and snarky. He can give it right back to House. And his co-opting of Chase's punch for his own benefit? Win!

He's rapidly become my favorite of the fellows.

(And the name "Chris" doesn't bug me because I've experienced Jewish families who go both very culturally Jewish -- my friend Avi, for instance -- and those who don't -- like my friend Jeff, because Jeff isn't exactly a Jewish name either.)

Edited by Namaste, Nov 26, 2009 @ 3:50 PM.

Evilida

Evilida

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 1:47 AM

Chris does seem an odd choice for a Jewish family since Christopher means Christ bearer and Christian speaks for itself.
One of my friends was telling me of someone she knows whose family is pagan; they worship Woden, which I didn't know anyone did anymore. Anyway, his parents named him Kristian (with a K because with a C was just too Christian for them).The rest of his pagan family were definitely not happy at all about his parents' choice of name.

Hormyga

Hormyga

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 23, 2010 @ 3:50 PM

The way he decided to screw with House just for the hell of it was amazingly fun to watch. He may be up there with House and Wilson in terms of pure craft and lying ability, so I look forward to seeing him joining in and disrupting their games in the future.

Updating this thread just to comment on how fun was for me to watch Taub actually screwing with House in Selfish, season 7's second episode. I look forward -and hope- for more Taub screwing with House, especially with House's current relationship, instead of the unnecessary and boring drama that is his marriage. Congrats to Peter Jacobson for doing a great job with Taub, and here's hoping he gets the screen time he deserves.

michellems

michellems

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 24, 2010 @ 6:09 AM

Chris is a very odd choice of name for a son of Jewish parents. I figure they named him after a Gentile friend, perhaps someone who brought them together.