Mad Men Merchandise

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7 replies to this topic

jfdb

jfdb

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2008 @ 2:32 AM

I didn't see a thread of this variety started yet, apologies if I missed it.

I'm wondering if anyone has bought any Glarkware yet and if they can provide some input on the sizing of American Apparel. I've obsessively measured myself (fun) and checked their online chart, yet I seem to be in between sizes for both the Girlie and Unisex versions of the t-shirts. Hmm.

Alternatively, if there is a Glarkware-specific thread, which would be awesome, hint to the TWoP PTB, I would move my discussion elsewheres.

Joan on a t-shirt is just hard to resist...

bimbo du jour

bimbo du jour

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2008 @ 5:31 PM

I saw on another site that there will be a 2009 Mad Men calendar. I wonder what's in it. If they had some historical notations about advertising and things like that, it could be kind of fun. Anyone know anything about it?

bimbo du jour

bimbo du jour

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 3:26 PM

Mad Men Season 2 DVD's are available for pre-order on Amazon.

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2008 @ 8:46 PM

I was jealous when Jane bought some shirts for Don at Menkens.

I want a shirt from Menkens! Preferably with a Menken's label on it!

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

• Interests:The Braves, other sports, TV, nicknames, Mountain Dew, and puppies.

Posted Oct 10, 2008 @ 6:33 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has bought any Glarkware yet and if they can provide some input on the sizing of American Apparel. I've obsessively measured myself (fun) and checked their online chart, yet I seem to be in between sizes for both the Girlie and Unisex versions of the t-shirts. Hmm.

I've bought both Girlie and Unisex shirts from Glarkware -- the Girlie XLs look painted on -- across the chest, belly, sleeves, everything. The Unisex L fits the girls just fine but is shapeless and loose, otherwise. So... I've started choosing the Unisex L, because even though I'm shapely and have a nice midsection, I don't need to draw that much attention to my entire torso.

I love the Joan shirt -- if it was a more flattering color, I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

texastwostep

texastwostep

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2008 @ 7:12 AM

I wish that Roger's highball glasses were on sale somewhere. The rounded bottoms are gorgeous.

Decormaven

Decormaven

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2008 @ 11:22 AM

I wish that Roger's highball glasses were on sale somewhere. The rounded bottoms are gorgeous. texastwostep

I'm trying to place that set; I think they have an etching or gold gilt relief of the globe around the base. Very IGY-inspired.

brandmed

brandmed

Fanatic

• Interests:Battlestar Galactica, Freaks and Geeks, X-Files, Simpsons, Firefly, Buffy the Vampie Slayer, Angel, 24, Farscape, How I Met Your Mother, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Lost, Smallville, Saturday Night Live, My So-Called Life, Late Night with Conan O'Brien Reno 911!

Posted Oct 26, 2008 @ 2:02 PM

In regards to the Amazon S2 DVDs preorder, is there any idea of a release date yet? I'm assuming they would probably do like last time and wait until just before the third season starts, but I would love it if they were out earlier. I know it won't happen but in time for the holidays would be ideal.