The HRG Files: Jack Coleman's Blog At TWoP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

434 replies to this topic

Welsh Girl

Welsh Girl

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 10, 2009 @ 2:20 PM

Hi Jack,

I have to say I think you're an absolute legend! Hope you're enjoying your time here in the UK. I did really want to come to 'an evening with', but I'm currently saving for my wedding. I love watching you on Heroes, HRG is by far my favourite character. I work for a company which is badly affected by the recession and watching Heroes on a Monday always takes my mind off it. Season 3 has been awesome!!!

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2009 @ 7:29 PM

My heart is broken, absolutely torn into shreds, and all because of the end of a fictitious marriage between a secretive, 'morally grey' man and the woman who helped keep him grounded in some sort of humanity. I mean, they're not really real, but I was crying as if they were.

Kudos to you and Ashley Crow. Now, I'm begging TPTB to restore HRG to his family. Maybe this time he can accept and utilize Sandra as the great, true partner we know she can be?

fayjcn

fayjcn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 7:02 PM

Hey Jack! I just wanted to thank you for the autograph you signed for me. I wish I was able to attend the event. My friend says she had a great time.

And another thank you for having a great sense of humour. :) Here's my thanking to you: I loved the way you ran.

Neptunienne

Neptunienne

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 14, 2009 @ 2:56 PM

I just wanted to mention the Audience With Jack Coleman event in London. It was brilliant! It was such a pleasure to meet you, Jack, thank you so much for coming and answering so many of our questions. I'm hoping to hear how you felt about it in a future blog entry! (I was the one with the chocolates and the, um, infamous autograph for a certain friend, by the way)

Oh yes, and if I hadn't made it clear enough at the event... "Turn and Face the Strange" ROCKED! It has gone right to number 1 in my personal HRG-episode hit-parade. I love it when you make us tremble and bite our nails like this, and I hope there will be more intense episodes like this in the future!

Edited by TWoP Sun, Apr 14, 2009 @ 7:28 PM.
removed link

fayjcn

fayjcn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2009 @ 2:04 PM

Thanks for the update Jack. I'm glad you and your family had a great time. Btw, the "Dude" guy was right, "Turn and Face the Strange" was truly amazing. I think I miss seeing Jimmy Jean-Louis on the show. He was awesome.

Audit me if you dare!

I'm on it.

Edited by fayjcn, Apr 23, 2009 @ 2:05 PM.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading, writing, reading some more...writing some more. Oh, and, of course being an admitted TV addict.

Posted Apr 23, 2009 @ 2:21 PM

I'm not done reading this yet, but...

so I had to lend him a pair of my size 13s. He wears a size 10.

Mr. Coleman, sir, you have no idea what you've just done.

Edit: Okay, I think that was your best blog to date. I really, really hope that you continue to blog after the season ends, even though I know it takes a good deal of your time. We love these little glimpses into your life and into Heroes. This one was exceptionally well done. Although I am so envious of you getting to see Europe, your trip sounds amazing and I'm glad you got to have a little down time after providing us with HRG and the best show on television.

Edited by ButterflyBandit, Apr 23, 2009 @ 2:37 PM.

fayjcn

fayjcn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2009 @ 2:37 PM

Mr. Coleman, sir, you have no idea what you've just done.

I think Mr Coleman did this on purpose.

*goes to calculate*

GrayAce

GrayAce

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 24, 2009 @ 4:16 AM

Well Mr. Coleman, sir, I would first like to express my appreciation for the considerable length of this blog. I assume it was to compensate for the sheer agony endured in your lengthy absence (that would be hyperbole, yes). It was genuinely enjoyable to hear about your trip. I may attempt to look into some of the places you mentioned when I make it over to the UK. Any less expensive restaurants you can recommend, if it is not entirely irrelevant to the next blog topic? Or lesser known museums and such?

"Turn and Face the Strange" was one of the best episodes I have seen in years. Since season one, certainly. Though now that I have been comparing the last few episodes to those of season one, I feel that my emphasis on improvement is tarnished some. That particular episode thrilled and delighted me, however, as it was one where I genuinely didn't see many of the twists coming. Besides, any episode which pits HRG against Sylar is bound to be epic. I look forward to the blog which will accompany the finale and hope that the next episode continues in the recent trend of sheer brilliance.

Also, if you have desire, please tell more of your "An Evening with Jack Coleman?" I am curious as to your opinions and thoughts regarding such events.

Minor correction: The Arc d'Triomphe is actually L'Arc de Triumphe ("The Arch of Triumph/Victory." How original those French are!).

ps. Your British accent (as heard in one of Adrian Pasdar's videos on youtube)? Fantastic. I fully support you as the next Doctor. After Heroes recruits Eccleston for another episode or two.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2009 @ 7:41 AM

The first thought I had when I read that shoe-size comment was what BB's reaction was likely to be. I was right.

Incidentally, there's a comic here that should give you more ammunition in your fight to remain Twitterless.

I hope you'll give us at least one more blog, wrapping up with your thoughts about the season after next week. I've really enjoyed reading your stuff and it looks like you had a great vacation. I just hope that, when you went to the Tower of London, you took the guided tour and saw everything that was there besides the Jewel House. It's truly an amazing place.

pokerplayer

pokerplayer

Posted Apr 24, 2009 @ 9:25 AM

Glad to hear you had a great time over here in the Uk.

I have never visited Liverpool, I live down in the south of the country, but listening to everything you say about it has made me want to go and see some of the things you mentioned.

Your blog was very interesting, I love to hear all those little things that you get up too in your leisure time.

Moving back to Heroes, I think the show is getting better and better each week(if that's possible). I'm starting to wonder what I'll do when the season ends.

Maybe I'll hibernate until the next one.

bonniesrg

bonniesrg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2009 @ 8:57 PM

Glad you had a great time on your travels and loved seeing you at 'An Evening with Jack Coleman', your a marvelous speaker we really didn't want the evening to end. Thank-you for the autographs.

You had to mention your shoe size and get everyone riled up.

Edited by bonniesrg, Apr 24, 2009 @ 8:58 PM.

BoldAsLove

BoldAsLove

Fanatic

• Interests:um, skateboarding, bmx, driving, drinking.<br /><br />Going out.<br /><br />I like Heroes, Prison Break, The O.C, X-Files and Scrubs.

Posted Apr 25, 2009 @ 2:42 PM

I couldnt make it but I wish I had, several of my friends went and they said it was great.

Your blog is great to read, and Heroes is getting better nowadays.

darkeyes

darkeyes

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2009 @ 7:21 AM

Thanks for your travel's story. It was lovely :)

laodice

laodice

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2009 @ 5:25 PM

Iīm glad you and your family had a wonderful time in Europe, thank you so much for your detailed account of your vacation. It was entertaining and fun to read.

I can understand that you donīt approve the 'Dude' word thing, but I donīt quite believe that you were really surprised about that 'Dude' having seen 'Turn and Face the Strange' (Which was amazing, yes. And thrilling. And very intense, oh yes!)

Itīs also sort of a nice surprise to find out that you are a soccer lover, although I suspected that you were no stranger to soccer from long ago. I havenīt been to a football match for a long time, but the singing and chanting, that was great, I miss it!

Once again, thank you. It would be great that you could blog now and then even after the Heroes season finale, but if not, I'm sure we all will understand.

Jen UK

Jen UK

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 28, 2009 @ 7:44 AM

I wittered:

...I'm assuming you were too busy cavorting round Strawberry Fields with your daughter to read the forum on your holiday!

and then Jack wrote:

...Some of these spaces have names like Penny Lane and Strawberry Field (singular, not plural, thank you very much.)

I bow humbly to your Beatles omniscience, sir.

And well said on the Hillsborough commemorations, you're a very sound chap indeed.

darkeyes

darkeyes

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2009 @ 6:01 AM

Hi Jack! I was wondering if you are going to post after the finale or to say us goodbye till next season ;). We would like to hear from you once more.

In any case, I will tell you that this last chapter was quite good and I liked it, you act superbly like always, although I can't put an "A" to the chapter because of the last minutes. I understood Nathan's dead and I can even try to understand the Sylar/Nathan thing, but what I totally disliked/don't understand was that the plot erased your character development completely. Sorry, I suppose that writers know what they are handling and that actors must accept their roles, but the way that HRG was doomed at the end with the commands to Matt, lying again to Claire, and not killing Sylar when he could have totally done it, really broke my heart (although all of us love Zachary ;)). I hope you don't turn a baddy, and the lies to Claire won't repeat once more. I have talked to friends and work colleagues and we are very sad with that turn, and more with Greg G.'s interview in TV Guide, talking about how you are going to push him, as if you were to be a baddy.

Also, I personally hope that new Company is good, like the XMEN's school, because all of us don't want to see you dying or Claire angry at you, and the end of this volume has made us think that. Bennet always rules, as a grey character, but a hero in the end. He can't be a sad character or a character making things against his personal histroy; he is always under control and that's why we love it along with your magnificient work!

Well, also, please, inform us if you have new projects or your film is finally going to be shot. We would love to hear about that.

I wish you the best and we would like to hear from you once more before next season starts!!! Good luck!

John Potts

John Potts

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2009 @ 7:05 PM

Glad you enjoyed your trip to England - I managed through sheer fluke to catch your appearance on This Morning, though I have to confess I remember almost nothing about your interview except that although you do need glasses/contacts, the eponymous glasses of HRG are in fact plain glass.

But I have to say: it's Croydon not Croyden (at least if it's the town in Surrey/South London) and getting tickets for Liverpool v. Fulham isn't that impressive (Liverpool v Chelsea or Arsenal v Manchester United would be impressive) but it's always nice if somebody else buys the tickets!

WillowPolson

WillowPolson

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 2:52 PM

Dear Jack,

I loved the show. I've been a hardcore fanatic since day one. But it died with Nathan. Truly. Kring drove it into a brick wall, then shot it up with a .50-cal machine gun, then set it on fire, then pushed it off a cliff.

I couldn't look at the photo you included in your blog, knowing that it wasn't Nathan standing there. Knowing that it's a monster that only looks like him. Knowing that they'll play around with the "inner battle" idea because it sounded really cool on paper in a writer's room and be fun for Adrian to play out from an actor's point of view.

I only skimmed your blog because I couldn't read about it all. How horribly, horribly wrong it all went at the end. And your explanation of why they didn't use Claire's blood... I'm sorry, but it doesn't hold water for me. "There was no time" makes no sense. Regeneration, as we saw with Adam, has no time limit.

Jack... I love your character, I love your work on the show, I love the cast and crew. But for me, an extremely hardcore fan who has devoted buckets of time, money, and emotion to her show and the show's community, Heroes died with Nathan Petrelli. Only by bringing back the original, true Nathan could the show survive. Why?

Because of Peter.

The second he finds out who that monster is, he breaks hard. And when Peter breaks... when the Petrelli brothers are destroyed... the heart and soul of the show is obliterated. That's it. Game over.

It was great while it lasted. Unless Bryan Fuller can pull off a literal miracle... I'm sorry to say that this will be the last season for Heroes.

Thanks so much for your great blogs, we love reading them. Hope to see you at Comic-Con in July.

Edited by TWoP Sun, Jun 2, 2009 @ 12:53 AM.

fayjcn

fayjcn

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 3:36 PM

Jack, awesome blog entry, again. I'm going to be serious here and I'm going to say how much I loved the Fugitives arc. We all have favorite characters and apparently HRG is my fave character. I basically watch the show for his badassness. I truly hope that Heroes has many seasons to come so I can continue to enjoy the cast's and especially your general awesomeness.

And Jack, we all love your jacket, please continue to wear it.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading, writing, reading some more...writing some more. Oh, and, of course being an admitted TV addict.

Posted Jun 1, 2009 @ 9:51 PM

Great blog, once again, Jack!

And, don't worry about the jacket thing. Look on the bright side: You have fans who care enough to memorize your wardrobe. Or, maybe that's the scary side?

I'm glad you guys are getting back to work. I'm looking forward to the next season of this crazy, crazy ride that is Heroes.

pokerplayer

pokerplayer

Posted Jun 3, 2009 @ 9:17 AM

I thought the episode 'Invisible Thread' was brilliant. I can't wait to see 'Redemption', if it's as good as the last 4 volumes it wll be great.

You look great whatever you wear. I can't believe that in these days of recession and people losing their jobs and houses, that there are people going around complaining about celebrities wearing their clothes more than once. If it looks good why not wear it loads of times.

bonniesrg

bonniesrg

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2009 @ 9:52 PM

I loved your character in season 3, except when he was hurting Sylar of course haha.

Season 4 sounds interesting, I will be watching.

Don't worry about the jacket, why shouldn't you wear clothes more than once. It's wasteful to wear something only once, so your being very economicical.

Kendall95

Kendall95

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 4, 2009 @ 4:01 PM

Welcome back, Jack!
(yes, that rhymed, but how many opportunities does one have to say that?)

Good entry. As a fan, I appreciate that you're taking the time out to answer some of these burning questions. There was a lot of confusion about the third season in general (not just the finale) but you did shed some light on it. For example, I honestly didn't think about how Nathan's death would affect Claire. I thought about it on more of a grand scale; what his death would mean for the world, not to mention his murderer. Claire is Noah's main concern, and saving her biological father's life is in her best interest, at least according to Noah. In other words, it makes sense for him to do what he did, regardless of whether it was right or wrong.

As for your clothes...wear whatever you want. As long as it's comfortable and doesn't smell, I don't see a problem.

Glad to hear filming starts soon. Can't wait for the next season. Until then, stay cool.
:)

darkeyes

darkeyes

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 6, 2009 @ 12:43 PM

Thanks for your reply! we can sleep happily now that HRG is not doomed...we'll just worry about other things :), as usual, like new Company, Claire at universty, divorce and Tracy's help ;), oh! this last point is very promising :) ;)

Don't worry about the jackets, I loved your comments about clothes. BTW, there are people who's worse, just think in your character, he always wears the same glasses :D

I hope that all you can have a happy comeback to work! Good luck!

Edited by darkeyes, Jun 6, 2009 @ 12:47 PM.

jhlipton

jhlipton

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2009 @ 8:02 PM

I like the blog, and I appreciate Mr Coleman's taking time out to write out, but this latest doesn't feel honest -- he makes the same excuses for the bad plot-lines and writing that we've seen from everywhere else, and I don't buy it. "HRG knows how he'd feel to lose Claire and can't inflict that on Angela"? Really? I. do. not. buy. it.

Oh and that 'everyone" who came together to defeat Sylar was the Bennecellis. That's some "everyone".

tbeck5

tbeck5

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 8, 2009 @ 10:14 PM

Hi Jack,

I LOVE your blog entries. I don't care whether you post about your travels, lack of jackets or Heroes. All your posts are great and I am always checking in for a new entry. Keep the entries coming. Can't wait to hear some of your behind the scenes info. Now, that we no longer have Beamans blog to read, you are our only link to the inside details. Keep up the great work.

I personally Loved Season 3. I was very entertained and surprised. Darn critics. Don't listen to them. Can't wait for new episodes!

Eagledmasters

Eagledmasters

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 2:50 PM

Did you get any remastered Beatles today? I did. I am also waiting for a new post from Jack Coleman! Someone wrote it best - "It feels like my whole life is leading up to this moment: the Heroes Season Premiere!!" great!

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2009 @ 3:08 PM

Yeah, I saw The Beatles: Rock Band advertised and I wondered if Jack got it. Then, I kind of hoped he didn't because that game is freaking addictive and I'd hate it if he forgot to blog to us because he was trying to beat his Sgt. Pepper score or something.

I can't wait for the premiere, either. I need my HRG fix.

pokerplayer

pokerplayer

Posted Oct 13, 2009 @ 9:50 AM

What has happened to Jack? Isn't he coming back to his blog anymore?

His blog was really interesting to read. I looked forward to reading it.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2009 @ 9:52 AM

I agree. I was looking forward to it with the beginning of the new season, but I can only assume he's so swamped with work (between Heroes and trying to get his movie off the ground) that the blog sort of fell off to the side. Which is understandable. There has been a lot of negativity about the show, though, so I can also understand if that was a factor in any decision he may have made to discontinue blogging.