The HRG Files: Jack Coleman's Blog At TWoP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

434 replies to this topic

Tina P

Tina P

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 1:05 AM

The blog is fantastic, well-written and entertaining. And a well-deserved "shut up" to the critics. "Cold Wars" had us on the edge of our seats - can't wait to see how this plays out! Happy Belated Birthday and looking forward to the next post--

sweetdreamer

sweetdreamer

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 9:22 AM

oh! That's right! Hope your birthday was awesome! Can't wait for the new post!

AngelGirl77

AngelGirl77

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:23 AM

Actor"y" Question to Mr. Coleman, paging Mr. Coleman. :) (See, I can be funny too)

I can only assume we will not find this out, but if we do I understand if you can't answer this, but when do you think Noah started to work with Angela. From the start? Or once he started to learned the government wasn't working up to his standards. What was the choice you made for yourself?

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading, writing, reading some more...writing some more. Oh, and, of course being an admitted TV addict.

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:30 AM

When I was finally freed from my bondage (Take it easy! You know who you are!) I would find myself being wrapped up in duct tape all over again for yet another take.

I know, right? Some people can be such crazies, with their fanvids and their avatars and...oh. Heh.

AngelGirl77

AngelGirl77

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:31 AM

When I was 22 and a senior in college I briefly dated a 26-year-old. She seemed so much older and more worldly than me (she was). Now I'm shocked when 26-year-olds are weaned and can walk and talk all by themselves. Soon it will be me who needs assistance with the walking and talking. More the walking than the talking.

LoL. I totally get this.

Returning to the business of show, I am very happy that Sean Penn won the Oscar for Best Actor. Whatever you think of him, Penn's Harvey Milk is a wonder.

I agree, it was amazing. I remember seeing the trailer and as I am too young to remember who Harvey Milk was I still looked at Sean and went "Wow, that has to be who that guy was it's just so specific and natural." And that was BEFORE I saw the movie. I love what you wrote, Jack - this movie, despite it's unhappy,terrible ending, was inspiring to me - never say life is over you can do good at any age.

I had two scenes with Cris Rose downtown on a park bench in 90 degree heat with a raging cold (from Hayden's burrito, if you recall -- that's how long ago we shot this episode). She was great. Loved her reading of "I'm tired, Noah." Loved the scene at the end of the show. It's fun to have a partner in crime.

So agree! There was 30 years of a life of hell in that line. May I say you both looked amazing for sweating your asses off. :) Great clothes!

Oh... why were we in the high desert? Turns out, Angela has a history too. And it ain't pretty. "Company Gal?"

OMG, I can't wait!!!! I love how tragic her life is. I had a feeling you we're up there for Angela... why... Milo posted a picture of a beat up early 60's car.... Yeah, I'm very good.

Looking forward to more scenes with you, Cris and Ashley.

Edited by AngelGirl77, Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:33 AM.

sweetdreamer

sweetdreamer

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:38 AM

Cold Wars was an awesome episode. And you are better than anyone about getting us excited for upcoming episodes. I can't wait to see you and Ashley back on screen together. I really love that relationship and am thrilled that its getting more attention.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading, writing, reading some more...writing some more. Oh, and, of course being an admitted TV addict.

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:48 AM

"You all know I am a leading man, I'm just doing this for the industry cred and will back to my dashing, hetero self in a moment." Some actors do this, and in my opinion, it is inexcusable, it's despicable. But I will not name names. OK... me, at times during the Dynasty years. I didn't mean to but I probably did.

It probably doesn't help, but, all the intense boy-on-boy hugging from the Dynasty days was hot. I really wasn't old enough to appreciate Dynasty during its day (considering I wasn't alive for most of it and was approximately two when your run ended), but, thanks to the miracle of YouTube, I got to catch the highlights.

Edited by ButterflyBandit, Feb 24, 2009 @ 11:55 AM.

Kendall95

Kendall95

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 2:17 PM

Simultaneously, Adrian worked through two of the biggest servings of ribs I have ever seen in my life. After he finished the first plate I sat, literally slack-jawed, as he ordered the second. I mean, I like to eat but Adrian makes me look like a bulimic with a coke habit. Of course, he runs 50 miles a week and bicycles 150 miles a week on top of hitting the weights, so he can eat like that, though his lower GI tract might disagree. And it did, the next day during filming.

I can't believe that, either! Had no idea Adrian was so fit. But it sounds like he paid for it. Poor guy.

Great entry this week. I'm glad you had a good time on your birthday. The scenes between you and Cristine (grr, that kind of rhymes) were electric. I hope there are more in the future.

mamozombie

mamozombie

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 4:52 PM

Dear Mr. Coleman!
I can’t even tell you how much I loved the tonight’s episode!
I can imagine how extremely hard the script writers work to make each scene full of meaning, but it always hurts me to see how the amazing actors are trying to do their best giving their characters some development in, like, 30 seconds of the screen time they are given for this. I totally understand that there are only two ways to afford this luxary of story-telling – and it is either prolong each ep ad infinitum (who’s with me on this one? *raises hand*) or have less characters per episode.
So tonight I’m totally happy – with the ep’s rhythm, with the way the story goes, – with everything. I wish there’d be more episodes like this one.
HRG has always been one of my favourite characters – I see him as a glue that sticks together the Heroes and the Villians teams, some kind of a bridge between the good and the evil (yeah, I know, I sound pathetic!), so is was fascinating (and sometimes sad) to see him try to finally choose a side.
The scene I loved best was one with Noah coming to The Hunter’s home – that “who’s the boss here” talk was so good!
Also, is it just the spoiled me or there’s a certain type of chemistry between HRG and Angela? Just curious.
Anyway, thanks for the great job you’ve done for this episode! Can’t wait to see what your character will do next.

Tina P

Tina P

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 5:14 PM

Thanks for the 'off set' glimpses - we love to read about the show but also enjoy your insights about current events and this go around, especially appreciated your "Milk" comments.
The show is getting better and better and we can't wait for more!

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 5:24 PM

Is it possible to love you more [in my fangirlish, inadequate way]? Turns out the answer is yes. I agree with you wholeheartedly about Sean Penn [the warmth and accessibility in his performance was unlike any other facet he had previously shown of his talent] and the ideal dinner party configuration of 6 - 8 people [belated happy birthday, btw].

The blog this week was as awesome as I knew it would be, with a little extra 'wow factor' in the hints of scenes and events to come. I did hope you'd be able to touch on the previous week, because you, Ashley Crow and Hayden Panettiere completely hit your scenes out of the park and I found myself wiping away a lot of tears that night [giggled, too, though, at 'Brown. I liked Brown' and 'Indian food?' Your dry delivery makes me happy]. But like the other fans here, I'm deliriously happy with what you give us.

Already looking forward to two weeks from now. And I agree with those who are now terribly curious about exactly when HRG and Angela formed their alliance - and worried about what it will cost HRG in the long run.

sandymg

sandymg

Couch Potato

• Interests:Supernatural

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 5:26 PM

Jack: Your blog is awesome. Such a treat for the viewers to get the inside skinny in such a fun manner. While Heroes is an ensemble show and I understand how many talented people are involved -- you really are a key reason for the show's greatness.

Thanks much for the love and respect you show the fans.

JacksDemoness

JacksDemoness

Channel Surfer

• Interests:I like writing, but having Jackitis occasionally puts me off my manuscript. Terrible, isn't it? ;)<br /><br />(Well, except for when I write fan fiction...then it might actually put me ON my manuscript! :D )<br /><br />)O(<br /><br />Feel free to contact me off-board, since I'm not on real often.<br /><br />By the way, freaky screen name? Comes from a story that never took off. But it still makes me smile. :&gt;

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 5:56 PM

Thanks to all of you out there who offered your birthday wishes over the weekend.

*gasp* I forgot! I have committed a sin amongst Jack-lovers!

Happy birthday dear morally gray coyote! :*

Turns out, Angela has a history too. And it ain't pretty. "Company Gal?"

It will be fun to see how that turns out!

By the way...glad to see you go from Sith back to Dark Jedi...I was ready to be Very Concerned! (Right after I nearly cried because I was 75% sure Parkman was going to kill Noah, of course!)

Of all the movies I've seen this year, Franco's performance was my favorite in a supporting role. To him I bestow the highly suspect HRG (He's Really Good) Award.

Woohoo! James is a great actor, he's hot and he makes my geeky little heart pound a bit harder whenever I think how he's into literature and creative writing! Thanks, Jack...now I love you even more!

When I was finally freed from my bondage (Take it easy! You know who you are!)...

I thought that was for me BB, but I'm willing to share the glory with anyone who can watch the best scene in The Landlady and think of how to make Patrick more comfortable...without freeing him, of course! ;) :D

Eagerly counting the days until the next post...thank you for all that you do!

Shanti70

Shanti70

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 7:08 PM

Another interesting entry. Thanks and please let the cast and crew know that we really do appreciate their efforts.

cjopbj

cjopbj

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 7:20 PM

I agree with Jack. Madoff is a scumbag!

I also agree with Jack that Milk was fantastic. I am glad the screenwriter won an Oscar as well as Penn. I loved the screenwriter's acceptance speech. It was SO moving! Franco was amazing. Hopefully some day we'll live in a society where playing a gay person isn't "brave". It's just another role. I hope California repeals Prop. 8. It really is absurd. How does gay marriage threaten straight marriage? If they want to protect marriage, tell them to outlaw divorce! (Can you imagine THAT being outlawed in California? The divorce lawyers would throw a fit!)

I found Jack's comments about going over the lines with Adrian about HRG's confrontation with Nathan interesting. My main complaint about Cold Wars is that the flashbacks told me information I already knew. I think the story would have been better served without the flashbacks. Just have Matt read HRG's mind, tell the others about Nathan and the Hunter and move on.

I'm glad to see HRG working with Angela. I assume he knows Sylar is still alive but maybe Nathan didn't tell him. I would have thought that if HRG knew Sylar was alive he'd do anything - including helping the Hunter - to take him down. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Thank you for the blogs. I'm a huge fan (I mean, I really like Heroes. I'm not a huge person....:)

Shadowhisper

Shadowhisper

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 7:24 PM

OHMIGOD! Cold Wars was awesome!!!! You rocked it! =]
I loved your choice to jerk your head and eyes when Matt interrogates HRG, it really added to the character's helplessness and animalism (being trapped, as it were). Have you ever felt for a character so much that you sort of feel the pit of your stomach ache? Well, you made it happen--the acting was PHENOMENAL! Your line delivery, and as I mentioned before (not to sound like a broken record), the way you sort of spasm with every second Parkman sifts through your brain--amazing.
And as for last week's episode, the bar scene with HRG where he gets drugged and woozy, oh my gosh, that was so cool! Your acting (I'm sorry I keep bringing it up, but serious kudos) had even me feeling seasick, which is good because it was a lot of 'What's....going.......on...' on your face before the inevitable crash to the ground.

Love the blog. You're seriously amazing. Keep it up!

fayjcn

fayjcn

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 8:04 PM

When I was finally freed from my bondage (Take it easy! You know who you are!) I would find myself being wrapped up in duct tape all over again for yet another take.

Bondage?
It is so wrong...
And it should be illegal.

I loved this episode. And Jack, you and Cris were awesome in those scenes. Great chemistry.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 8:15 PM

In the words of Scooby Doo, Fay..."Ruh-roh!" I've made jokes about it before, but, we're going to be lucky if we have HRG in season 4 (if we have season 4) because we're clearly going to drive this man to seek witness protection.

fayjcn

fayjcn

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 8:45 PM

What's wrong BB? I was taking it easy. Witness protection? Restraining orders? Who knows?

Oh, btw I can't wait to see those intense HRG/Sandra scenes, Jack.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2009 @ 9:33 PM

Yeah, I can't wait to see those scenes either. I think it's kind of nice how Heroes proves it can't avoid the bad things that we saw in Five Years Gone no matter how hard our Heroes try. Nathan's still a psycho on the fast track to being President, Noah and Sandra's marriage is still falling apart...they may have changed the meat on the bones, but, the skeleton is the same.

fayjcn

fayjcn

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 2:05 AM

So Matt will kill him. :(

BoldAsLove

BoldAsLove

Fanatic

• Interests:um, skateboarding, bmx, driving, drinking.<br /><br />Going out.<br /><br />I like Heroes, Prison Break, The O.C, X-Files and Scrubs.

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 2:36 AM

Does Jack read these comments or have an actual account here?

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 6:23 AM

Bold, several comments in his blog indicate that he definitely reads these comments (and I think it's generally accepted that he reads both his thread and the HRG thread in the character forum, at least sometimes). Whether he has an actual account to post with has never been made public.

Anlyn

Anlyn

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 4:54 PM

Yay! I was worried when Sandra kicked Bennet out that we wouldn't see as much of the lovely Ashley Crow as we used to. Glad to read that's not so!

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 5:11 PM

So Matt will kill him. :(

Let's hope not. I don't want to hate Matt Parkman.

laodice

laodice

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 1:29 PM

"Turn and Face the Strange," in which Ashley Crow and I have some intense scenes.

What?

Now I am really curious about that...

darkeyes

darkeyes

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 2:54 PM

Thanks for your comments in the blog, and the hints for the next chapters ;) Turn and face the stranger :D... About 'real life'...it's fun to know that Adrian can loose weight to easily :), and don't worry about age and time, you know it's so relative!

This week's episode was interesting although I would have liked to see more about HRG's past (pre Company and so...), and a little more action, as Elvis would said... Anyway, I really liked to see Angela and HRG as partners in a double agent's conspirancy...specially because that's the way I like Angela (as an evil 'good woman'). I liked to see answers about my theories about HRG's reasons as well as the 'falling' of Bennet marriage; are we getting close to 5 Years Gone?...well, I hope that doesn't mean the death of Claire and your character :S

Also, lovely and subtle humor about HRG's lair and Sandra/HRG scene. Kudos to the writers! And kudos to the rest of the cast and crew!

Edited by darkeyes, Feb 28, 2009 @ 10:08 AM.

malibudream

malibudream

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2009 @ 3:55 PM

I enjoyed reading your blog this week; I'm glad you had a good birthday!! Also, I agree that Penn's performance in Milk was fantastic! I'm excited for the hints about the upcoming episode.

Snookums

Snookums

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2009 @ 2:40 AM

I haven't posted here in a good long while, but wanted to say:

1) Happy Birthday!

2) Thanks for the updates--although the picture of Adrian tearing through rack after rack of helpless ribs will not leave my mind.

3) You might be interested in checking out Roger Ebert's blog at rogerebert.com. He had a recent entry entitled "Hunting Of The Snark" that you'd like. It takes on nasty serial complaining, snarkery, and tries to find the balance between that, satire, and criticism.

Scholls1

Scholls1

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2009 @ 9:02 AM

'Just want to tell you (Jack) that I love you on the show (favorite character!) and I love your blogs. I have a friend who insists I email them to her (for some odd reason she resists the pull of TwoP). And then we argue about who loves you the most, or which we love better - you or your character. It never gets old. Nor does Bennett, nor do your posts.