Fashion Week Discussion

• Please log in to reply

1354 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 2:27 AM

Please use this thread for all discussion about the collections of the remaining designers who showed at Fashion Week. At this time those designers are Jerell, Joe, Kenley, Korto, Leanne, and Suede.

marty118

marty118

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 2:45 AM

The Project Rungay boys are going to the show and are going to Twitter their reactions if you want some details even before the first photos come out...

Daniel V and Nick Verreos are also going to do official Bravo Twitter coverage of the PR show.

Fashion in the 21st century, indeed!

(First notes from Tom and Lorenzo: Amanda Fields, S3 PR model for Kayne, confirmed she will be one of Korto's models at the Friday show.)

I first put the following in the PR in the Media topic, but now I'm playing it safe and putting it here.

S4 winner Christian Siriano showed a collection Thursday night. Not part of the official Fashion Week, but sort of "off off Broadway"--there's a lot of that each time Fashion Week happens. Sponsored by LG. Heidi, Tim, and Nina were all there.

Newsday has coverage including full video of the line. The video shows Christian's clothes, a brief interview with him talking about the designs, and then a short interview with Tim. In the article Christian does mention that he "likes the girls and wishes them luck" but it doesn't say exactly who he's referring to.

Edited by marty118, Sep 12, 2008 @ 3:23 AM.

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 8:40 AM

Moving to the Spoiler thread.

Edited by the fresh maker, Sep 12, 2008 @ 8:41 AM.

cherry malotte

cherry malotte

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 8:44 AM

Thanks for all the links marty118, it's appreciated! I'm hoping that the Sparklies site gets some pics, I found that they are great for seeing all the details up close and personal.

ETA - per Rungay it doesn't sound like anyone hit the ball outta the park yet.

Edited by cherry malotte, Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:04 AM.

Fukui San

Fukui San

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:00 AM

The Rungay twitters are priceless. The BravoTV ones are ok. It's going to be a long slog to the finale.

Somethyme

Somethyme

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:23 AM

Project Rungay: The Crowd Loves Leanne

YAY!

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:26 AM

Per Blogging Project Runway: only 10 looks/designer. That sucks.

The Rungay boys gave Korto a "Fucking gorgeous" and Leanne a "Very chic." Well, good luck judges!

seffina

seffina

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:27 AM

It looks like the two expected to be the best were the best according to the TLo. Not that I mind since they are my two favs as well. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Maleficient

Maleficient

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:31 AM

What's with the white gowns…? TLo seem to think they're challenge-related, in which case the final four are Kenley, Suede, Korto, and Leanne (Jerell and Joe didn't show white gowns).

That seems wrong to me, but it's possible.

Rocket

Rocket

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:34 AM

Didn't they say Suede had a pink-and-blue, rather than white, closing gown? That would give us a final three of Leanne, Korto, and Kenley, which seems possible.

I just can't accept Suede as a finalist. Rocket is not rockin' it.

eta: No, you're right. They did say he showed a bridal gown. Oh dear.

Edited by Rocket, Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:37 AM.

Maleficient

Maleficient

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:37 AM

No, Jezebel and TLo both said he had a wedding gown.

Somethyme

Somethyme

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:39 AM

They described Joe's line as "mall clothes". Let's hope he's not a finalist. I'm more of the mind of Korto, Leanne and Kenley too.

seffina

seffina

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:40 AM

Maybe the other two had one as well, but it wasn't traditional enough to be noticed?

I won't accept Suede as a finalist.

Fukui San

Fukui San

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:40 AM

Bravo Twitters:

Laura Bennett: I think Leanne won hands down. The sophistication and color palette was perfection.

Daniel V: Korto's collection was all about earthy sexiness while Leanne was pure sugarplumb

lessa2010

lessa2010

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:44 AM

I don't envy the judges. Sounds like Korto and Leanne brought their A games.

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:45 AM

Here's the Jezebel blog.

turkygurl

turkygurl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:50 AM

Okay, when do we get pics? Didn't they start coming up a lot sooner on Getty last time?

Fukui San

Fukui San

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:52 AM

Uncle Nick likes Leanne, too.

Nick V: There were def some hot messes but Leanne for sure was my fave. In my opinion, she's the new Christian.

Edit: It really sucks that they're only showing 10 looks this time. If the scheduling was done so that we could see two more designers show but they all had to cut back to ten, then hooray! We got to see decoys by Suede and Joe! (Presuming: Unspoiled speculation). Big whoop.

The consensus here for a while has been that it's Leanne vs. Korto and the rest is cannon fodder. I hope they go back to a top 3 or 4 only next season. The fashion week inflation is a bad trend.

Edited by Fukui San, Sep 12, 2008 @ 9:56 AM.

seffina

seffina

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:01 AM

I think Getty images are starting to come in? Just the judges so far. I thought Heidi was wearing a green slinky dress? Are these not from today?

Rocket

Rocket

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:05 AM

I thought Heidi was wearing a green slinky dress? Are these not from today?

I think that dress is green. It just doesn't show the color well in photos. Certainly it's not the same color as Mama Kors' black jacket.

Edited by Rocket, Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:06 AM.

seffina

seffina

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:16 AM

It seems like they are almost purposefully not showing the clothes. You see bits and pieces of them. Hope they are up soon.

turkygurl

turkygurl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:20 AM

It happened last time too. There are quite a few photographers and the ones coming in now are all from the side of the runway to catch the judges. They're all by one photographer. The other ones will start trickling in.

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:30 AM

The backstage photos at Getty seem to be of Korto's models. Looks like she's done very interesting things with stones. Or are those beads? The pleating is lovely.

Edited by the fresh maker, Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:31 AM.

becauseIcan

becauseIcan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:40 AM

My first thought when reading about the bridal gowns was that the ones who are doing them, are the real finalists. And Suede? Really? I would much have preferred to see Terri's show over his. Much much preferred.

But glad to see that Leanne and Korto stepped up and performed well. It's always a shame when the ones you expect to do better, then fall apart on the runway, ala Daniel, Michael and Jillian. It's going to come down to taste or who has the most fashion forward-ness to pick between Leann and Korto. And Tim judging instead of some non-fashion judge? hmmm. Me likey.

madpawn

madpawn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:42 AM

Hahaha, this looks like it's the first glimpse of Joe's collection. Look at Tim's expression on the left.

jswayzie

jswayzie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:49 AM

Re: the pic above...priecless! Tim looks like he swallowed a lemon and the rest of them appear to be openly mocking.

Jerrell didn't show a wedding gown, but Suede did. This bothers me. A.LOT.

With so many showing, I imagine there are four finalists this year, or Suede is another decoy. I can't fathom him showing at all.

Go Leanne! If Laura Bennett liked it best, I'll love it. But if she doesn't win, I'm totally fine with Korto.

Edited by jswayzie, Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:51 AM.

BeanyMalone

BeanyMalone

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:49 AM

How can Kors get an accurate read on the collections wearing sunglasses? Do they re-do the runway show at Parsons?

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:51 AM

It's going to come down to taste or who has the most fashion forward-ness to pick between Leann and Korto.

And, according to Tim, whoever the other finalist(s) is/are.

turkygurl

turkygurl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:51 AM

And the look on Nina's face at Joe's dress. It looks like she's choking back either a laugh or a mouth full of vomit.

Somethyme

Somethyme

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:56 AM

Nina and Fern look like they are cracking up, or trying not to do so.