Tara: Use Your Inside Voice!

• Please log in to reply

237 replies to this topic

Sakura12

Sakura12

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

I don't know if it was twist as much as given, once they revealed the actress was coming back. Unless they were going to get into the zombie craze, Tara had to become a vampire to survive.

However I am interested in seeing motherly Pam with her fucktard daughter Tara. I love Pam and maybe Pam can make Tara more interesting and better dressed.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

All I know is that, out of all the scenarios I've ever pictured for Pam to become a maker, this was the very last one of them.

But I think it should be interesting to see Tara's growth as Pam's progeny.

Edited by agora, Jun 11, 2012 @ 10:13 AM.

ebonyjet815

ebonyjet815

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

Not sure if everyone knows, but right now HBO is doing a live chat with Rutina Wesley (it started at 11am Pacific) on twitter.com: Live Chat - Rutina Wesley.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

I wouldn't want to mess with Tara while she was human, let alone now that she's a vampire. She could make one kick-ass vamp. All that anger. She and Pam are both feisty so Pam might be a good maker for her, though neither would've chosen it.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 9:44 PM

I agree. I think they make a perfect match, Tara being a somewhat abandoned child in life, with a fierce Maker for the rest of her afterlife.

And, if Pam doesn't get to fix things with Eric, at least she has a progeny who could be as devoted to her as Tara was to her own mother despite all her flaws.

Edited by agora, Jun 12, 2012 @ 9:46 PM.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 7:55 AM

I think I'm starting to ship Tara and Pam now. The idea of Tara being a vampire has so much great storyline potential that I hope the writers really capitalise on it big time. If anything, Tara's storyline could be this season's best one yet.

jillypups

jillypups

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 4:05 PM

Not sure if everyone knows, but right now HBO is doing a live chat with Rutina Wesley (it started at 11am Pacific) on twitter.com: Live Chat - Rutina Wesley.

I read this and am so grateful because judging from her answers, specifically "she's still tara but she has all this power now" makes me feel like she won't be all zombified and fucktarded, just mad as hell.

Gulftastic

Gulftastic

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 3:51 AM

Is it just me, or did she seem a bit hotter now she's a vampire?

And please let us have Pam and Tara palling around. That could be awesome.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

Tara I think has always been pretty but since Season 4, they've emphasised it a little with her hair and then the more gruffer, tougher look she's had in the first two episodes this season. She does need a change of clothes though.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 12:21 AM

I wonder why Tara didn't try to drink the blood from her own shirt, since it's human blood? It's dried, but she could wet it and wring it out, or something, since she's starving.

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 8:25 AM

I wonder if Tara will end up considering True Death.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 8:49 AM

Knowing Tara, I wouldn't be surprised if the issue isn't raised at some point.

agora

agora

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 12:15 PM

I wonder if Tara will end up considering True Death.

I've always thought she would've done that for sure if Franklin Mott would've been her maker, I'm not so sure now that Pam is the one.

Edited by agora, Jun 19, 2012 @ 12:17 PM.

Nanrad

Nanrad

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

Agora, your comment made me literally chuckle. Tara may not like Pam--can we go as far to say hate--but Franklin is a whole other level.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Tara's screams have been echoing in my head. Something about those screams as Rutina Wesley is doing them, really are poignant and eerie.

Now that we know she isn't brain damaged (or so it seems so far), the screams weren't that of a feral monster as such, but sheer pain. So I thought about what it must have been like for her and what she must have been feeling in those first hours. Aside from waking up as what she feels is a murderous monster, her human life has abruptly ended, without her consent. Instead of being at peace, she has to live in some other form, in which she can realize what she has lost but never change it. Any plans she had for her human future are gone. If she ever wanted to have a partner or marry, have her own home, have children, explore the world, see another sunset, even. All that is gone. She seemed to realize that all at once, and her screams were all she could manage to express.

That's just devastating to think about. Poor Tara.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

I thought it was amazing that Tara managed to resist drinking from that woman in the last episode. That must take a hell of a lot of something, especially for a newborn vampire like Tara.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

Yeah, it must have felt like turning down the most deliciously cooked place setting of your very favorite meal while absolutely starving to death. But probably times a thousand, because the hunger really takes vampires over. Thankfully she didn't run into a fairy at that very moment! They really can't resist those.

I'm glad Tara wasn't made into the Hodor of True Blood. I don't think "argh, scream" would be very interesting to write or to act but also, Tara was always one of the more verbal characters in True Blood and I would have hated to see her lose that.

I think she will make a really powerful and awesome vampire - with the right guidance.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2012 @ 7:49 AM

Another excellent episode for Tara this week - her 'bonding' scenes with Pam and the nice piece of advice she gave to Bill in relation to Sookie as well.

Door

Door

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

I get a bit tired of Angry!Tara sometimes, but it rings true when I think about it. Every, every, EVERY protector or person of trust has disappointed her, hurt her or sold her out in some way. Even Lafayette, good-intentioned as he was, he was ultimately being selfish. Someone, somewhere had better be nice to her because woman has some RIGHTEOUS ANGER inside her that could make her a fantastic Sanguinista weapon or worse.

Izeinwinter

Izeinwinter

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 7:43 AM

There is one exception to this - her new orleans girlfriend, in the short glimpses we saw of her, managed to establish her fine self as the catch of the millenia. Really, there may be other fish in the sea, but Tara landed Moby Dick, and then proceeded to throw the great white whale back in the sea. Not a decision I quite got at the time.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

woman has some RIGHTEOUS ANGER inside her that could make her a fantastic Sanguinista weapon or worse.

Tara wasn't thrilled she was turned, but she doesn't strike me like someone who sees humans as food either. For one, she wouldn't have fed if Pam wouldn't have commanded it.

Tara looks like kind of progeny Roman himself would be proud of.

Edited by wildling, Jul 12, 2012 @ 3:43 PM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 12:28 AM

There is one exception to this - her new orleans girlfriend, in the short glimpses we saw of her, managed to establish her fine self as the catch of the millenia. Really, there may be other fish in the sea, but Tara landed Moby Dick, and then proceeded to throw the great white whale back in the sea. Not a decision I quite got at the time.

I think she probably saved that girl's life by letting her go. That was her intention. She knew shit only gets worse for her and wanted to prevent her girlfriend from suffering by association. And that's exactly what happened. She ended up shot in the head and becoming a vampire. If her girlfriend had stayed with her, it's likely she would have ended up dead at some point. I think Tara did the right thing by letting her go. A better thing would have been if she left town with her. Maybe she wouldn't be a vampire right about now. Of course, Sookie might not be alive either.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

To me, Tara sounds more interesting like a vampire than she was as a lesbian girlfriend.

At least this way, the issues are her own to explore rather than her mom's, her friends's or her girlfriend's.

Edited by wildling, Jul 23, 2012 @ 1:11 AM.

west64

west64

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 11:00 AM

Tara has been very underused this season, I couldn't believe she had one line in last weeks episode. Tara is one of five main characters to have appeared in every single episode of the show since the begining, I expect better from the writers.

On a plus side, vampire Tara is such a lucky girl, as a baby vampire, she gone what 2 weeks without the sun, and now she can daywalk. I'd love to see Tara return to Bon Temps next season, and try to return to her old life, as a daywalker she can gain alot of this back.

I do want her and lala to resolve there issues, I have waited almost 2 seasons for them to even get any scenes together.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Aug 17, 2013 @ 11:09 AM

I do want her and lala to resolve there issues, I have waited almost 2 seasons for them to even get any scenes together

This is frustrating to me too, especially considering that Lafayette is a key factor in Tara getting turned to begin with, since he couldn't bear to lose her. 

west64

west64

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 19, 2013 @ 3:55 AM

So we dont ever get to see Lala and Tara make-up, it all happened offscreen during the time jump, She forgave Sookie though.

That scene with Tara and her mother in the final was wonderful, makes up for the lack of Tara sorta this season. I hope her mother isn't infected and just killed her own daughter.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2013 @ 4:36 AM

I couldn't trust or believe 'good mama' telling Tara to bite her after all she's done to Tara. I hope Tara isn't sick now. 

I'd love to see Tara and Lala and their families together at a BBQ or something. Tara could have BBQ flavored human. 

Or, even Tara and Lala together, since both their moms are cray-cray.

JJtheBold

JJtheBold

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 30, 2013 @ 11:43 PM

This is the only character on the show that I like the book depiction of better. And that's not my favorite character in the books either..

Edited by JJtheBold, Oct 30, 2013 @ 11:43 PM.