Cast in Other Roles: Pacey, Keen Eddie, and Miguel Alvarez

• Please log in to reply

597 replies to this topic

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

Seriously, prodigalchicken - he had an Irish 'fro in that movie.

Thanks for the link, MM!

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

Found this Robin of Locksley image:http://http://i2.lis...263/500full.jpg

Edited by prodigalchicken, Mar 4, 2012 @ 2:30 PM.

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

Oh, be still, my heart. I love a man with curls.

I don't have that movie in my JJ Filmfest collection... I may have to get it just for shots like that....

(paddles happily back to the shallow end)

eta: on the other hand, maybe not. While Amazon offers a used VHS for 10 bucks, the DVD version (used) STARTS at $69 and goes up from there...

Edited by DixieGirl, Mar 4, 2012 @ 2:55 PM.

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

I swear, when I saw that head of hair, I just collapsed in giggles. He's adorable, if a total stinker in the movie.

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 3:01 PM

The movie shows up on Showtime from time to time. In fact, there's a showing of it at 620 tonight on Showtime Family.

ETA: I am watching it right now, and his hair. . .it's even more enormous than that picture indicated. His scalp had to be really hot. I mean, that is A LOT of hair.

Edited by prodigalchicken, Mar 4, 2012 @ 6:28 PM.

Isidore

Isidore

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

Never mind.:)

Edited by Isidore, Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:03 AM.

jloub

jloub

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:50 PM

Isidore, just my opinion, but I don't think that is legitimate vacation info. If you read the tweet that is immediately before that one, the tweeter (is that the right term?) posted a BBC news article and video about the rare, pink diamond that was found in Australia. Her next tweet starts with 'My News:...' and I think she's just playing on the fact that AT is Australian, and she is using the rare diamond as a metaphor for AT.

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

Interview with Josh about his South African movie (and explains how he was able to do it with his Fringe schedule)

http://www.comingsoo..._medium=twitter

Isidore

Isidore

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

More buzz for "Inescapable"
'Cairo Time' Director Takes Marisa Tomei and Joshua Jackson to South Africa

"The thing that saved me was my cast. Marisa [as a Syrian woman Adib meets] is stunning. Joshua Jackson, I'm in love with him.

Why does it not surprise me? :)

anatolealice

anatolealice

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

Interview with Josh about his South African movie (and explains how he was able to do it with his Fringe schedule)

Thanks for the link, MM, I really enjoyed that interview. And I think "Lonestar State of Mind" is the most guiltiest-pleasureish of his movies :-)

Edited by anatolealice, Mar 25, 2012 @ 6:01 PM.

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 6:06 PM

I freaking love Lonestar State of Mind. It's definitely one of my top guilty pleasure movies. He's adorable, he wears a cowboy hat, he gets shot a lot and kisses the girl a lot. Love it.

anatolealice

anatolealice

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

He's adorable, he wears a cowboy hat, he gets shot a lot and kisses the girl a lot. Love it.

And the accent, and he is the super calm competent one who takes care of everyone, and he rolls his eyes a lot (JJ has the best expressions), yeah, I adore it too :-)

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

There was a Broadway special on my local PBS station today, and Michael Cerveris was performing. It's just so weird to see him looking so Observer-like, yet smiling and singing!

Oldgeek

Oldgeek

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

Just watched the season opener of Mad Men and Jared Harris is so good, he is like the Alt-universe Dr. Jones, so sweet. Fringe is blessed with wonderful actors.

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

Thanks for the "Inescapable," link, Isidore. The film sounds fascinating, and very timely, and Siddiq is fab; LOVED him in Cairo Time. The jury's out for me on Marisa Tomei as a Syrian woman, but hey, if Ruba buys it, who am I to argue?

I'll bet Josh loved playing what was described in another article as a morally ambiguous bureaucrat. Probably made his little activist heart sing.

Jared Harris is so good, he is like the Alt-universe Dr. Jones, so sweet. Fringe is blessed with wonderful actors.

I love Jared on Mad Men, but y'know, there's always something just a wee bit DRJ-like and twisted about Lane, too! Jared does vaguely (and not so vaguely!) creepy like nobody else.

He's adorable, he wears a cowboy hat, he gets shot a lot and kisses the girl a lot. Love it.

I saw it in bits and pieces a while back, but I'll check it out again. Yeah, it's tough, I know, but somebody's gotta do it. ;-)

Isidore

Isidore

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Totally OT, but...
James Van Der Beek (Dawson´s Creek) named his new baby son Joshua.
BTW his daughter´s name is...Olivia.

Edited by Isidore, Mar 28, 2012 @ 11:24 PM.

lizw65

lizw65

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

It's the Observer...with hair!
A bit of Michael Cervaris as Tommy:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=C81VatZ1mAI
Lovely voice!

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

It's the Observer...with hair!
A bit of Michael Cervaris as Tommy:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=C81VatZ1mAI
Lovely voice!

LOVED him in that. Thanks for the link! Good times - I went to see the show because I'm a big fan of The Who, but Cerveris really impressed me.

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

Interesting quote from James Van Der Beek on the first time he met Josh Jackson during Dawson's auditions:

... We roomed together the first year. I remember seeing him at the network, for the WB test. I was the only person testing for Dawson. There were four different Paceys. This kid came in who was wearing corduroy pants, even though it was hot. He was different than everyone else. He was pacing like a fighter getting ready for a fight.

Hyper then... hyper now!

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Adorable then, adorable now. And sexy. Must get mind out of gutter. Can't.

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:33 PM

Love that clip...wouldn't you love to know hat they're talking about?

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

A little blurb about John Noble being at the Science Channel ad sales upfront last week.

http://blogs.discove...john-noble.html

I sure hope that means he's set to do more episodes of Dark Matters! I'm thinking, why else would he be at that event?

jenapen

jenapen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

They are filming more episodes of Dark Matters in London at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised if they want to keep John. Let's hope so anyway and that's why he was there.

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

One Week is on Sundance right now. Could Josh be any more adorable in this? Lovely movie, in general. Right now he's singing in French, and I am wishing again that he had a number in Brown Betty.

jophan

jophan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 3:04 PM

I am wishing again that he had a number in Brown Betty.

He refused. How he went along in "One Week", which he was deeply involved in, is a question for the ages.

Edited by jophan, Apr 28, 2012 @ 3:06 PM.

prodigalchicken

prodigalchicken

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

I know, and according to the commentary for Brown Betty, he actually sings on set constantly, almost OCD-ishly. Heh.

Edited by prodigalchicken, Apr 28, 2012 @ 3:21 PM.

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

And I think I read somewhere that he was a member of the San Francisco Boys' Choir as a child. Go figure.

anatolealice

anatolealice

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

He refused. How he went along in "One Week", which he was deeply involved in, is a question for the ages.

Huh, I didn't know that. What a shame. One Week is lovely

Edited by anatolealice, Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:34 PM.

jophan

jophan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

Georgina Haig has a movie from 2010, Road Kill, showing this month on the Chiller channel.

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 8:02 AM

Season One of Dawson's Creek is now available on iTunes. Yes, now we can have every episode of Pacey's No-Good, Really-BAD Haircut season on our mobile devices!! ;-)