Pacey…I Mean Peter Bishop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

722 replies to this topic

rocknrollchic

rocknrollchic

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 8:41 AM

For the love of Joshua Jackson and the character of Peter!

sonjabean

sonjabean

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 11:07 AM

The only reason I watched this show is because I was (er, am, unfortunately) a huge Dawson's Creek fan and Pacey was my favorite character. I had a REALLY hard time separating Peter from Pacey. In fact, I don't think I managed to do it. I was like, "Pacey is so angry! I wonder when he'll go back to being charming?" Then I had to remind myself that this was Peter, and perhaps he'll be angry for quite sometime.

As a side note, the "sweetheart" stuff seemed really forced. Hope they drop that soon. Pacey was never condescending! Oh, I meant Peter. Well, I hope Peter isn't condescending either...

MsDiana

MsDiana

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 11:10 AM

I can't say that Pacey is the only reason I decided to watch, but he was def. a deciding factor.

What's strange is that I never even watched Dawson's Creek, but I still call him Pacey.

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 11:33 AM

Peter's continually calling Olivia "sweetheart" did seem forced, but not because Pacey can't carry that sort of thing off. I had the impression that Peter was doing it deliberately just to get under her skin. (I wanted Olivia to follow up on the implied threat of "Call me 'Sweetheart' again, I really want you to...") As soon as Peter learned that he'd been played, he dropped the "sweetheart" affectation, didn't he? But the show is going to have to try harder to convince me that Peter *is* actually good at reading people, because so far he's been pretty solidly outclassed. (I hope one day I'll be able to stifle the impulse to say "Oh, Pacey, you blind idiot," but so far it's not looking good.)

I don't know what to make of Walter's comments about Peter's weight, his ... pupils, was it?, his blood pressure, etc. I'm assuming he thought Peter lost baby fat because of drug use, but I'm stumped. Or it could just be Dr. Denethor's crazy showing.

Edited by Sandman, Sep 10, 2008 @ 12:36 PM.

rocknrollchic

rocknrollchic

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 11:54 AM

Yeah, he is never going to be Peter to me. He will always be Pacey. Towards the end of the pilot, he did get a little bit of that Pacey charm back..... sighh...swooon

Pulpbomb

Pulpbomb

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 12:05 PM

Between J.J. Abrams & Joshua Jackson (Pacey! <squeal>), there was no way I was staying away from this show. I'm so glad he's back on my TV. I had to stop watching the last few seasons of DC, so it's been a long time!

lillaydeekt

lillaydeekt

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 12:25 PM

like many of you here...i am a HUGE joshua jackson fan...and its funny...after all these years, and i'm sure he had expected it as well....josh will always be Pacy. And its not so much reflective of his acting skills gone wrong in other roles that his fans can't call him by some of his other roles that he's played...but he's made such an impact as Pacy that he's going to have that following for many many MANY more years to come. I haven't had a chance to catch the show last night (was in class) but it's only got to work in his favor that so many PACY devoted (or dawson's creek fans) probably tuned in to watch for him. i mean come on...we all know there are people all over just the united states that probably tuned in just to see him back on TV- even if they wont admit it. i know i sure will when i get home to watch tonight :)

illtakeparros

illtakeparros

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 12:30 PM

Count me in as another that tuned in just to catch up with my ol' pal Pacey, he's looking good, I must say.

Wysteria

Wysteria

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 12:31 PM

I guess it's a given for me to watch this show if Josh Jackson is in it, but it still seemed like a wicked new show. Overall, I think Josh brought the funny and kept the show entertaining.

I'll definitely be watching it next week. :)

Mekastic

Mekastic

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 12:53 PM

Hello Pacey Witter! It's been a while sweetheart.

harleykins

harleykins

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 1:27 PM

I was excited about this show because it's from JJ Abrams. However, I lurve me some Pacey. It's my favorite character of his. Even Charlie in the Mighty Ducks seemed to be more of a precursor to Pacey.

rove3

rove3

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 2:33 PM

I never watched DC so I only came to the show with somewhat of a bias against actors who originated on teen dramas/shows. Luckily though Brian Austin Green relieved me of those qualms over on The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I did think his character was a little forced in the beginning,what with all the 'sweethearts.' But I liked him overall and he had some good lines. I laughed out loud when he said, "Oh right, because after six hours you're really dead."

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 2:54 PM

I heard that line from Peter and wondered if we should add The Princess Bride to the list of influences on this show.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 3:26 PM

Before his character was introduced, didn't they say he was 23? Jackson can no longer pull off early 20s.

askmetostay

askmetostay

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 4:05 PM

My TV boyfriend is back!! I hadn't read too much about this show, but knew Pacey was supposed to be coming back to TV this year. Looked at the guide to see what was on last night, saw Fringe, turned it on. I liked it, but again, I stuck out all six years of DC just to see Josh (PJFTW!!!), and with this show I don't have to watch JVDB try to emote, bonus!

Rosemeade

Rosemeade

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 4:59 PM

LOVE Josh/Pacey, so that was definitely my reason to tune in, but I like the show overall. I agree that it's a complement that so many people remember and like Pacey Witter, but I think that Josh will have a chance to find something different with Peter. The interrogation scene was great to me because it gives an interesting peek into Peter and of course, his relationship with his father is the main piece of puzzle to unravel.

It's great to have him back on tv!

Diva

Diva

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 5:20 PM

A few thoughts -

Before his character was introduced, didn't they say he was 23? Jackson can no longer pull off early 20s.

No, he hadn't seen his father in 17 years, and they mentioned he was heavier when he was 13 - puts him right at Josh's age, 30.

The pupil thing may have something to do with a rumor I've heard about there having been experiments going on in the Bishop abode before Walter got dragged away to the looney bin. Spoiler maybe below:

Peter may be a clone and Walter can only tell which one it is by something inside his eyelid

I liked the show - and having seen the leaked pilot, the added scene of the interrogation room showed me Josh can break out of Pacey mode whenever the scene calls for it.

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 6:36 PM

Heh, if you hadn't put the name in the title I'd still be trying to remember what the character's actual name was supposed to be. I'll still be calling him Pacey for a while, though.

notthatsmart

notthatsmart

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 7:26 PM

Peter may be a clone and Walter can only tell which one it is by something inside his eyelid

If this is true, that is creeeeepy and potentially delicious television viewing.

Hilo Hello

Hilo Hello

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 8:25 PM

Yeah, my first though on the pupil-checking was "Oh, so he was doing experiments on his son! I wonder what kind."

xander874

xander874

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 7:24 AM

On a totally shallow note. Pacey/Peter was working those jeans in the first episode. They do need to drop the sweetheart thing, though.

LoveThursdays

LoveThursdays

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 10:07 AM

This show is good, and pretty much my draw to it was Joshua. I as well, found myself calling him Pacey throughout the show. He'll always be Pacey to me.

Pacey/Peter was working those jeans in the first episode

Heck ya he was! He looked good.

MzLiz

MzLiz

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 10:31 AM

I loved Pacey, put Peter definitely seems to be a different character and I loved him in his own right. He added some much needed comedic element at the right time. I loved the "It's not even science" and "Oh, so you have to be dead 6 hours before you're REALLY dead." At the same time he could be tough, I mean I couldn't see Pacey smashing a guys fingers to get the information he wanted. :)

Zengar

Zengar

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 12:07 PM

I also checked this show after I learned Joshua Jackson will be in it. I haven't watched much of DC though, a bit before my time. But I've seen him in few films. It helps we come from the same town heh.

So, Olivia's assessment on Peter: "He's a high school drop-out, IQ of 190, which is 50 pts north of(?) genius. Misfit, nomad, hasn't kept a job longer than 2 months. He's been a fireman, cargo jet pilot, a briefly a college chemistry professor. He falsified a degree from MIT, and even managed to get a few papers published before he was found out. Sounds like a massive pain in the ass."

So maybe he picks up the 'sweetheart' thing from his worldly experience, but I agree it's odd.

Unusual Suspect

Unusual Suspect

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 12:10 PM

Man, I've missed my JJ eyecandy. He was the main redeeming factor on DC, and it's great to have him back on TV.

magfreak

magfreak

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 1:10 PM

couldn't see Pacey smashing a guys fingers to get the information he wanted. :)

Pacey was perhaps too emo for this, but part of me likes to think that Josh was picturing James Van Der Beek when he was filming the scene.

Diva

Diva

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 4:57 PM

They do need to drop the sweetheart thing, though.

And I think it's part of the PITA personality. I think it was affected (and on purpose.) And I think it's what Peter will do when he's pissed off or wants to piss Olivia off. I think it's going to be a part of his personality that we'll see on and off.

village

village

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 5:59 PM

Joshua Jackson, how you doin'?

God, it is so good to see him on TV again. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm only watching this show for him. I think he's just getting the feel for his character but regardless he was completely enjoyable to watch (as if there was any doubt).

jekalNY

jekalNY

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2008 @ 4:24 AM

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm only watching this show for him.

That's the reason I decided to tune in and he was so excited about the show back in May... but the show sucked me in as well so I guess I'll be sticking around.

bktv

bktv

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 14, 2008 @ 10:37 AM

couldn't see Pacey smashing a guys fingers to get the information he wanted. :)

Pacey was perhaps too emo for this, but part of me likes to think that Josh was picturing James Van Der Beek when he was filming the scene.

I got to interview Josh Jackson a few weeks ago (don't hate me! random offshoot of my job), and of course my final question was "Who'd win in a fight, Peter Bishop or Pacey Witter?" He said, "Peter, no question, but I think a little piece of my soul just died saying that." <---Not an exact quote, I'm paraphrasing from memory, so please don't requote, but something like that.

And yes he is 100% handsome and charming and all you'd want him to be.