Mod Q&A: In Charge In Both Universes

• Please log in to reply

153 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 9:55 AM

It might be helpful to some (though it's common usage on this site). I'll change the Spoiler thread.

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:05 AM

Heads up, guys -- your regular mod is on a bit of a break, so I'm in for the interim. (Yes, she's coming back eventually.)

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

I forgot to tell you: I'm back (and have been for awhile).

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here...This past season, a Season 4 thread wasn't started until well after the season started. Is that going to be the pattern for Season 5? If so, then should we just use the speculation thread until then?

Thanks in advance for answering :)

Money Magnet

Money Magnet

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

Mars, you mentioned a while ago you were going to change the title of the Spoiler topic to something more specific (see below) - it probably got lost in the shuffle, but were you still planning to do it?

Mars... would it be helpful at all if the two speculation topics - "Spoilers and Speculation" and "Speculation without Spoilers" were re-branded? Perhaps "Spoilers and Speculation" could be renamed "On Set: Photos, Set Visits and Casting Notices" since that is the vast majority of what gets discussed in there. Or something like that.

Ageha

Ageha

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

Well, it sort of got changed. It used to be called "Spoilers & Speculation" (as noted in your quote), but was then changed to "Spoilers & Spoiler Discussion". I think part of the "problem" is that while we definitely talk about on set stuff, we also talk about some of things that get released that I think a lot of people consider spoilers, like the sneak peeks or bits in magazines, which I think was part of the issue (because such discussion technically belonged in the regular Speculation thread). Or am I jumbling things up in my head (possible)?

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

Oh, oops.

Anyone can start a season 5 thread anytime after the season begins. Unless you mean a speculation thread, in which case that goes in the speculation thread. There is also a wish thread, I believe.

Actually, I HAD changed the thread title already. It says Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion instead of "Speculation." And the other one is Speculation. Isn't that different enough?

Edited by TWoP Mars, May 15, 2012 @ 10:52 PM.

jophan

jophan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 9:20 PM

Can you tell us how long we keep this forum before it's PH'd? Will a brand new thread be created in Other TV Shows or will one of the existing ones be shifted there?

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 11:42 AM

I actually don't know how long that will be -- and I don't know if it will get an expanded forum or a single thread in the basement. I think it will probably stay here for at least a week after the show aired, but it could stay even longer.

Do be prepared for it to move and/or close, though. But you can obviously continue to discuss "Fringe" here forever and ever.

Thanks to you guys for being a really super, cool awesome group of posters, by the way. It made my job so much smoother and easier.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 2:08 PM

Back at you, Mars, for being a great mod.

Coco27

Coco27

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 2:52 PM

I hope we get the Lost or X-files treatment and get a forum. :)
I would love it if we could keep the different threads, there is so much stuff I want to reread, especially initial reactions to episodes!

Also, I wanna thank everybody involved in Twop, this is by far the most compelling and respectful place to discuss a show. It was my "favorite thing" :)

Edited by Coco27, Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:03 PM.

calguy2009

calguy2009

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:31 PM

Red vine campaign to the TWOP administrators to get then to give us an expanded forum? :)

NorthangerAbby

NorthangerAbby

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:53 PM

I'm guessing that maybe the amount of traffic threads get is a factor in determining whether shows get to retain their subforums? If so, maybe we can prove how much we need and appreciate our own threads by using them frequently and well over these next several days. I'm on board with the Red Vine campaign, only I'd probably eat all of mine before it's time to send them.

Regardless of whether we get to keep our subforums, thank you to TWoP for making this the best place in all of cyberspace to discuss this show.

tigerisis

tigerisis

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 5:19 PM

I hope we get the Lost or X-files treatment and get a forum. :)
I would love it if we could keep the different threads, there is so much stuff I want to reread, especially initial reactions to episodes!

Yes, please! I love the X-Files forum just as much as this one. TWOP is hand's down THE best place to discuss these shows, even after they are PH'ed.

Ageha

Ageha

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 7:45 PM

I really hope we get to keep our forum! Only having one little thread to discuss the whole universe(s) of this show is woefully insufficient!

I want to say thanks, too, Mars, for being a great moderator!

jipijapa

jipijapa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 11:06 AM

I hope we get to keep an extended forum too, especially since this one is active and many of the existing megaforums are not very active.

But I'll understand if we can't.

It's too bad we can't have a general Abramsverse forum...

oconnellaboo

oconnellaboo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2013 @ 2:44 PM

I hope we can keep some of the threads open - there's still so much to ponder and discuss!!

bagert

bagert

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

Thanks to you guys for being a really super, cool awesome group of posters, by the way. It made my job so much smoother and easier.

Back at you, Mars, for being a great mod.

I'd like to second that. On a personal note, I appreciate your patience with me :)

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 12:57 PM

Hello, Fringe forum! TWoP Mars is on vacation for a couple of weeks, so I'm filling in for her. Please continue to follow all the rules. Thank you!

jipijapa

jipijapa

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 12:39 PM

Will there be a decision made on what happens to this forum?  I ask because it has been removed (understandably) from the show-specific area of the "Big Block of Cheese" menu, yet it only appears when you click on the word "Forums" and I suspect many people don't do that.

There are more new viewers watching Fringe on Netflix than ever before, yet it's very odd that no discussion is occurring on this forum any longer, and I might assume it's because people simply can't find this forum.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I've talked to fans who used to post here who think the forum went away.

I think this forum either ought to be A) moved wholesale to the Sci-Fi area, or else, B) demoted to a single topic that is listed under the Sci-Fi area.  Right now it's sort of in limbo.

I don't want to lose all the great discussions in this forum, so I'd hate to see it demoted into a single topic, but it would be better than nobody seeing this forum at all.

Edited by jipijapa, May 31, 2013 @ 12:43 PM.

DixieGirl

DixieGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 7:06 PM

I'd really like to see it available... I'd hate to lose the old posts.  I may not post every day, but it's a rare day that I'm not looking for something.  If keeping it depends on post count, let us know!

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 2, 2013 @ 11:23 PM

I will find out if we have an answer on this. 

bros402

bros402

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 12:52 AM

Personally, I think it should be moved to become a sub board of Sci Fi

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 8:16 AM

It sounds like this will be moved to the basement threads this week, but that it will most likely be an expanded forum with multiple topics like it is now. Enjoy!

jipijapa

jipijapa

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

This is awesome!  Thank you so much, TWOP!  The Fringe forum lives!

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2013 @ 10:43 PM

::Hugs:: forum. I thought we were gone forever to the read only archives and a single thread in the sci fi section. Fringe deserves to be here with the other greats :)

indianhoop

indianhoop

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2013 @ 3:48 PM

Very, very late to the party. Just started watching on netflix. I was wondering where many of the Season 1 (and other season) episode discussion threads where, as there only seem to be a few from Season 1.

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2013 @ 4:27 PM

I came to ak tat same question. I also just discovered this show on Netflix and all I can find on season 1 is eps 1&2 and a general season 1thread.

calguy2009

calguy2009

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 4:35 PM

It looks like they were left behind in the archived forum.

http://forums.televi...eneral-gabbery/

rogaine2233

rogaine2233

Fanatic

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:32 AM

Thanks Calguy. I'm another one who just discovered Fringe and have been watching on Netflix. I'm bummed that so many threads are in the archived forum and that this forum doesn't get much action. It's frustrating to want to discuss a show when you are so late to the party and everyone else is already done with it! Oh well.