Biting Quotes

• Please log in to reply

801 replies to this topic

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2008 @ 11:13 AM

What are your favorite bit(e)s of True Blood dialogue? My fave so far:

Lafayette: "I know that all men, whether they are straight, gay or George W. Motherfuckin' Bush, are terrified of the pussy." A-freakin'-men!

Anyway, post your picks for the best True Blood dialogue here.

Door

Door

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2008 @ 1:10 PM

You know Lafayette is going to own this thread: "I got a little cocoa, a little cocoa!"

Novus Questus

Novus Questus

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2008 @ 8:26 PM

I don't know the exact quote, so someone who has DVR should get on this, but that bit when Lafayette was saying he would call that man Santa Clause was awesome.

Wry Bread

Wry Bread

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2008 @ 10:56 PM

The lady Rattray, after Sookie takes their orders: "I think she's retarded."

I loved that. I'm curious to know whether or not this was a quote from the book because it seems very Alan Ball.

AmazonGoddess

AmazonGoddess

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2008 @ 11:05 PM

Not necessarily a quote form the book, but it is the general consensus around town that Sookie must be slow. I think Ball did a good job of portraying that, I mean who wouldn't appear a little slow with everyone's thoughts being broadcast in her head, right?

And indeed, Jason is "sex on a stick." Hubba hubba.

needsleep05

needsleep05

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 3:34 PM

The lady Rattray, after Sookie takes their orders: "I think she's retarded."

heh. I was just comeing to mention this because there were a few bar patrons who called Sookie a retard. Also, am I going to hell for laughing every time some one called he that? ;)

I don't know why, but this made me laugh:

Sookie: Guess what happened today?!

Grandma: You got a date!

Sookie: [pause combined with 'oh lord, not again' expression] ........ Nnnooo.

Door

Door

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 4:04 PM

Needssleep05 reminded me of this one:

"There's a very juicy artery in the groin that's a particular favorite of mine."

Bill's delivery of that line is perfect. And hot.

gl_shark

gl_shark

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2008 @ 4:05 PM

I liked Sam's argument to the synthetic blood and vampires : "Are you willing to pass up all your favorite foods and spend the rest of life drinking Slim Fast?"

Circus Poodle

Circus Poodle

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2008 @ 12:00 PM

I don't know the exact quote, so someone who has DVR should get on this, but that bit when Lafayette was saying he would call that man Santa Clause was awesome.

"He ain't scared. He's too big to be scared. I like a big man. Look at that belly. You can be my Santa Claus."

I also liked when he told Tara that she should not be allowed anywhere near any job "that calls for actual interaction with people."

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 10:29 AM

My favorite quote was Sookie's description of her brother.

"No he aint. He's a selfish, egotistical horndog but he aint no killer."

Wompir

Wompir

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2008 @ 11:01 AM

I liked Sam's argument to the synthetic blood and vampires : "Are you willing to pass up all your favorite foods and spend the rest of life drinking Slim Fast?"

I'm glad you posted that, because I was just coming here to comment on it but couldn't remember exactly what he said. It's a really good illustration of the situation the vampires are in. I do think it's interesting that the synthetic blood comes in different blood types, but even then it must be like the difference between chocolate Slim Fast and vanilla. ;-)

Mathilda

Mathilda

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2008 @ 4:50 AM

"I know he's not your daddy. But your daddy does not want to live with us anymore, remember?"

AnneB53

AnneB53

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 14, 2008 @ 8:44 AM

"I need a margarita. A big one."

RattlesnakSmile

RattlesnakSmile

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 14, 2008 @ 3:13 PM

"I know he's not your daddy. But your daddy does not want to live with us anymore, remember?"

God I loved that line. It's just so white trash and also kind of awesome how she isn't lying to her kids.

Edited by RattlesnakSmile, Sep 14, 2008 @ 3:13 PM.

HelloClarice

HelloClarice

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 14, 2008 @ 3:51 PM

I think the line that sold me on this whole show was: "Stop that nasty talk! Vampire or not you will speak to me like the lady I am!" The tone, the body language, Anna Paquin just nailed that bit.

Door

Door

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2008 @ 9:05 PM

Bill: "I can smell the sunlight on your skin."

gl_shark

gl_shark

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2008 @ 9:38 PM

"Angelina Jolie adopts vampire baby". That was the headline in the tabloid magazine on Tara's coffee table.

Another favorite of mine, maybe not the exact quote. Sookie's second date: " She's the kind of girl to marry. Then I won't think about Matt Damon or Jake Gyllenhaal in Jarhead."

Edited by gl_shark, Sep 15, 2008 @ 12:49 AM.

needsleep05

needsleep05

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2008 @ 11:16 PM

After Sookie notices Sam's lights are on, she turns around and Bill is nowhere to be found:

Sookie: Well, that's creepy.

Ok, I'm not sure that's the exact quote and the line itself isn't very funny, but AP's off-hand delivery was fucking awesome.

Did anyone catch Lafayette's ringtone? I know it was his voice, but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

HelloClarice

HelloClarice

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 15, 2008 @ 12:45 AM

needsleep05: when I heard LaFayette's ringtone it sounded like, "Pick up the phone! Ya sexy bitch" but I'm not 100% positive on that.

Teshi

Teshi

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2008 @ 8:31 AM

I believe it was "Pick up the phone, beyotch" with the "beyotch" all drawled out, as is proper :D

baking23

baking23

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2008 @ 1:01 PM

I think the line that sold me on this whole show was: "Stop that nasty talk! Vampire or not you will speak to me like the lady I am!" The tone, the body language, Anna Paquin just nailed that bit.

Not the exact quote from the books but one of my favorite parts anyway.

Dee2

Dee2

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2008 @ 6:23 PM

Did anyone catch Lafayette's ringtone? I know it was his voice, but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Pick up the phone beyotch, witcha sexy ass!"

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2008 @ 11:57 PM

My favorite line from Jason, after the sheriff puts forward the theory that Jason came back and left the tape that made him appear guilty but cleared him.

"Oh, come on. I'm not that smart."

Door

Door

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2008 @ 2:00 PM

From episode 1:

I feel like I'm trapped in some hillbilly's OxyContin nightmare.

How brilliant is that?

Circus Poodle

Circus Poodle

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2008 @ 4:10 PM

I tried to freeze frame it and read the second tabloid's cover - the one next to the "Angelina" cover. By the way, anyone notice the photo of Pax had an Eddie Munster hairline photoshopped in? Hee.

Anyway, anyone catch exactly what the second tabloid cover said? The most I could glean was "Can True Love Survive..." and there was one more line of words beneath. Anyone fill in the blank?

Imdee

Imdee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2008 @ 12:40 AM

Not exactly a clever quote or anything, but I really liked when Rene told annoying guy in the bar "Don't look at me you." Maybe it's just that I like to hear Rene talk.

Kris_AB

Kris_AB

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2008 @ 3:08 AM

The way he says "you" at the end of some of his sentences is often funny, cute, and more than a little hot. The character as a whole is probably the most awesome non-main-character so far, for me (better than Maudette, the cops, Dawn, and that other barmaid who's name I forget that Rene is apparently seeing).

I can't remember hearing a Cajun accent (or attempted Cajun) on TV for a long time (in movies once in a while, sure)...the last one was, maybe, Gambit/Remy from the `90s X-Men cartoon ? And that sure brought some recall when Sam called Sookie "cher" (Anna Paquin having played Rogue in the live-action X-Men films, a character that Gambit often called cher in the cartoon and comics).

GiggleBox

GiggleBox

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 19, 2008 @ 7:43 AM

Jason: I'm just saying there's a reason why things are the way they are.

Bill: Yeah...It's called injustice.

I love how Jason totally has a sandwich sitting on his belly during that convo.

OT: I totally think of Gambit from the X-Men cartoon whenever I hear Rene speak, Kris_AB! The difference for me is that I really liked Gambit from the X-Men series/comics, and Rene gives me an ooky vibe. I so don't get the Rene love.

Magwitch

Magwitch

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2008 @ 7:56 AM

I love how Jason totally has a sandwich sitting on his belly during that convo.

I know right! He grabs two sandwiches, and puts them on his shirt in lieu of a plate. Such a grub. I love watching everything Jason does.

I don't have the episode with me, but the clip on the news of Newlin and Nan Flanagan:

NEWLIN: "I will not speak to her directly."
NEWS ANCHOR: "Well that will make it difficult to have a dialogue."

...or something like that.

AnneB53

AnneB53

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 19, 2008 @ 6:10 PM

Sam: Explain to me again why I hired you?
Tara: Affirmative action.