The Rachel Maddow Show

• Please log in to reply

4761 replies to this topic

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:21 PM

"Anything you might ask me about what Bridget Kelley was thinking, or what David Wildstein was thinking, well, I'm not going to answer that, because I can't speculate about that"

Subtext: I have lawyers who do that for me.
Yes, I am buying movie theatre treats on the way home. It's an couple hours of entertainment on MSNBC tonight. Until we go to PRISON.

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:28 PM

Until we go to PRISON. 

Hopefully Rachel will make us cocktails first. 

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:31 PM

"There is significantly less interest around the country about this report than there is here." <waving to you from Seattle, Governor!>

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:32 PM

There is significantly less interest around the country about this report than there is here." <waving to you from Seattle, Governor!> 

Indianapolis checking in!!  We have NCAA regionals tonight, and you can be sure I'll be watching MSNBC and not CBS. 

MulletorHater

MulletorHater

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 4:12 PM

Native Washingtonian checking in--and absolutely horrified at the prospect that he and his entourage might move here!  As if we don't already have enough ethical problems with our own ethically challenged D.C. City Council, including the always "colorful" Mayor-for-Life, Marion Barry. 

I guess this report was supposed to impress Sheldon Adelson, who I understand is a little hard pressed to find a candidate to throw his money behind.

Give 'em hell, Rachel!

Landsnarkk

Landsnarkk

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 4:56 PM

Man, MSNBC is gonna be fun tonight. I feel like I should stop on the way home and get a bottle of wine and...

C'mon.  You need an excuse for this?

"There is significantly less interest around the country about this report than there is here."

South Carolina ova heah, Guvnah.   UVA doesn't play until 10pm, so I have all night to watch MSNBC howl in derision.

dagny

dagny

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 6:47 PM

http://forums.previo...k-this-just-in/

Previously just created a thread for us.

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 9:22 PM

I'd say the new thread is the Best New Thing in the World Today; maybe this month, but have not yet seen this evening's show (hopefully waiting on DVR). Just saw the salute to Chris Hayes new son and it was so sweet!

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 12:12 AM

I figured Hayes would be off tonight, but was very disappointed Rachel wasn't there tonight to cover Christie's press conference.

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 1:33 AM

Me too. I was really looking forward to *Rachel*'s filter on the press conference. I saved the podcast from Thursday, will listen to that more closely.

I can't tell if Team Christie is sure Bridget has nothing to reveal, therefore they can totally blow her off, or if they are trying to totally discredit her before she spills the beans. They sure have put the spotlight on her.

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 8:47 AM

Whoa was I happy that Bridget Kelly finally released a statement in her defense.

Talk Bridget!

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 8:54 AM

After reading BK's attorney's statement, loved it when Ari said something like "get ready for what's going to happen next" - as in, the shit is gonna hit the fan. 

Ladies fight the Chicago way, Chris.  You bring a knife, we bring a gun.  

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 11:42 AM

She is still as insufferable as she has always been. 

parisgal3

parisgal3

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 9:53 AM

I love when you can tell Rachel enjoys reporting on something. And man, does she love reporting on Scott Brown!

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 12:22 PM

I think no matter what if a politician does something wrong or stupid, she will report on it.  But the fact that Brown ran that ad saying she was going to run against him as a way to raise money, made it war and  she just enjoys taking him down even more.  And, he is making it so easy.  The mistakes he is making are just so stupid.

Gregorio

Gregorio

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 4:50 PM

He all but launched his campaign in the house of John Sununu! A thoroughly discredited race-baiter (I know he's been hanging around Fox after everyone else gave him the boot in 2012). Scott Brown deserves every deep dive into his flaws that Rachel intends to do on him.

attica finch

attica finch

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 9:50 AM

Any reason to bust out the 'bqhatevwr' is a good one, imo.

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 12:01 AM

I loved the show tonight -- Sibelius ("what were they thinking, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?") and Hillary Clinton/shoe toss that turned into a softball entry on her resume. I'll record this one to rewatch Friday.

kattybiz

kattybiz

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 7:56 AM

jjj, I loved it too.  "It's like winning the championship, having a party on the field.....and in the middle of it, firing the coach."

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 11:37 PM

In case you missed the end of Monday's show, Steve said Rachel is back on Tuesday.

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 AM

jjj, I loved it too.  "It's like winning the championship, having a party on the field.....and in the middle of it, firing the coach."

Was she really forced out, or was it, once we get the first enrollment period over, win or lose, I'm outta here.  

She's been under a lot of stress for the last several years. 

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 06:34 PM

I don't think she was forced out; I think she was waiting to reach the end of the enrollment period and they did reach the 7 million goal.  She has been under a lot of stress so it makes sense to me that she'd want out.