Brooke Burke: Wild On ... The Dance Floor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

686 replies to this topic

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted Aug 25, 2008 @ 10:44 PM

I cannot think of anything creative. Feel free to offer suggestions.

Maybe I misheard, ciaobellame, but I heard "ugh" and "hate her". But I do remember Adam said more about Brooke. He said the only nice thing he could say about her is that she is gorgeous and I remember the no personality comment.

I agree the pretty and sexy combination on the show seems to be a fine line. I think that is part of why a pro like Julianne is well received while Karina is not, by some.

I am going to wait to see on the show to draw my own conclusions but I am curious to see what Adam will say about her as the season progresses.

Edited by harvestbasket, Aug 25, 2008 @ 10:49 PM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2008 @ 10:51 PM

What about the thread title being " Wild On.. the Dance Floor"

Edited by PBGamer89, Aug 25, 2008 @ 10:51 PM.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Aug 25, 2008 @ 11:04 PM

That's a good one. I like it.

Maybe I misheard, ciaobellame, but I heard "ugh" and "hate her". But I do remember Adam said more about Brooke. He said the only nice thing he could say about her is that she is gorgeous and I remember the no personality comment.

Who said these things? She seems nice enough.

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 12:29 AM

I love that thread suggestion too!

oakgal-I was referencing Adam Carolla's radio show. He went through the contestants. He said not so nice things about Kim and Brooke. He said Brooke is pretty but had zero personality. It has been awhile since Brooke was on Loveline. Either way, I think people can draw their own conclusions though on Brooke as well as Kim. From what I saw of Brooke on Wild On, she was nice enough.

ciaobellame, I find your point about how women will receive Brooke interesting. It is possible that women may resent her for looking so good after four kids, but I also think women could relate to her too. Though to be honest, looking at her body after four kids, I may harbor some resentment :)

Edited by harvestbasket, Aug 26, 2008 @ 12:30 AM.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 10:10 AM

Well, keep in mind--her first husband was a noted plastic surgeon so she might have had some help with the first two post-pregnancy bodies! It's probably not all genetic. She might have been a slave to the gym/trainer, like so many other LA women of note.

Thanks for the info, harvestbasket. I'll take Adam's opinions with a grain of salt. I don't care for him much anyhow.

Edited by oakgal, Aug 26, 2008 @ 10:11 AM.

dance7777

dance7777

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 11:58 AM

Is this the same Brooke Burke that hosted Rockstar INXS? The one we all called Bwak Bwak?

donamadrina

donamadrina

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 1:06 PM

I know it's early yet, but in looking at the list of stars here on TWoP, and the replies made to their threads, Kim is waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead. Guess that's to be expected, as she's one of the more controversial "stars".

http://forums.televi...?showforum=1055

For those who haven't seen it yet, here's an old video of Brooke.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wg3f0Es_9Ag

Here's an article about her, posted by txmav10 on the ABC board.

http://www.fitsugar.com/917649

And I love Brooke Burke: 'Wild On'....the Dance Floor. Very creative and clever title. I say let's go for it.

Edited by donamadrina, Aug 26, 2008 @ 1:08 PM.

ciaobellame

ciaobellame

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 1:31 PM

ciaobellame, I find your point about how women will receive Brooke interesting. It is possible that women may resent her for looking so good after four kids, but I also think women could relate to her too. Though to be honest, looking at her body after four kids, I may harbor some resentment :)

I hope they show her at home with her kids for the first meeting clip. She should also talk about how it's difficult being a mother of young children while rehearsing for long hours. That will get her sympathy from the female viewers. All she needs is 3 or 4 weeks to build a fanbase. Hopefully she rocks her first dance.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 1:48 PM

So.. are we gonna use the thread title i suggested?

"Wild On..The Dance Floor"

donamadrina

donamadrina

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 1:55 PM

It's up to Pem (or Mars), who ever is on duty now. LOL

Thadeeeyus

Thadeeeyus

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 2:33 PM

Sounds good to me.

Because as it is, it pretty much goes along with Adam's zero personality comment.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 2:37 PM

I haven't really seen Brooke in action but i doubt she has no personality. Derek's previous partners, Shannon and Jennie were loaded with personality and I think Brooke is gonna be an interesting pairing.

I found the dilemma with her is people know her face and not her name, so I think with a good first dance, a score above 20, the guy vote, and maybe the mom vote she could grow a la Marissa or Cristian

reggiejax

reggiejax

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 3:59 PM

I was referencing Adam Carolla's radio show. He went through the contestants. He said not so nice things about Kim and Brooke. He said Brooke is pretty but had zero personality.

I guess Adam Carolla would know about having no personality.

Being the shallow man that I am, Brooke Burke is easily my favorite this year. I always root for whom I deem the most attractive. Of course that has, for the most part, been a kiss of death for the DwTS contestant. None of my favorites have ever won and only Stacy Kiebler has come close. Still, I will root for Brooke as long as she is on.

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 4:02 PM

I do think if a woman is pretty enough or sexy, she can still win over female viewers. I think Stacey in season 2 is a good example though she may have been helped with the ordinal judging. But I think personality is key. Stacey was sexy but a great personality. I thought Paulina was hilarious, snarky and lovely but sadly her fan base was too small to stick around. I can see Brooke possibly falling into that Paulina category. I doubt the producers picked her thinking she was a contender, but if she is pleasant enough, I hope she sticks around for at least a three weeks. Though she is known for her looks, I am guessing she wants to promote her baby product line while on DWTS.

Thadeeeyus

Thadeeeyus

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 4:06 PM

One thing I noticed in those rehearsal pics is that Brooke is showing a lot more cleavage than the other hot chick, Shannon, did her entire season. Can't help but wonder if that will continue.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 4:19 PM

Is this the same Brooke Burke that hosted Rockstar INXS? The one we all called Bwak Bwak?

One and the same, dance7777. Our dear Bwak Bwak is back back. Bring on PPoD in the audience and I'll be happy.

donamadrina

donamadrina

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 6:44 PM

Did you guys see these odds?

If these odds are correct, which I'm not in any way agreeing that they are, Brooke has 6 good weeks for the fans to come to love her. And after that much time, it's anybody's guess where the odds will lay.

Week 1: Jeff eliminated
Week 1: Warren or Rocco
Week 2: Rocco or Warren.
Week 3: Ted or Susan
Week 4: Susan or Ted.
Week 5: Cloris

http://www.offshorei...;ArticleID=2804

Lance Bass 5/1
Toni Braxton 3/1
Brooke Burke 12/1
Rocco Dispirito 20/1
Maurice Green 9/1
Kim Kardashian 8/1
Cloris Leachman 18/1
Cody Linley 8/1
Susan Lucci 15/1
Misty May Treanor 7/1
Ted McGinley 15/1
Jeffrey Ross 25/1
Warren Sapp 20/1

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 10:17 PM

I am amazed they have Susan Lucci pegged as an early boot. I don't think she's going anywhere soon. I agree about Jeff and Rocco though.

donamadrina

donamadrina

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 27, 2008 @ 8:47 PM

Here's a very brief video of Brooke and Derek going pee pee.

http://www.news10.ne...bject=831843334

WaltzinSpringTm

WaltzinSpringTm

Fanatic

Posted Aug 27, 2008 @ 9:32 PM

I can't believe oddsmakers think Kim Kardashian is going to last as far as into week 5. I think she has a major shot being the first woman out.

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted Aug 27, 2008 @ 10:01 PM

It is just two lowest scores/votes eliminations in week 1, right? I do not think it is one male and one female which is good. While for Brooke, adorable and sweet, she will need to dance well if she wants to avoid being the first woman cut.

Brooke seems athletic so if she can stick around, she should have the stamina for the competition. Fan base is questionable, but it would be great if the women stuck around while the guys were eliminated. It could be a reverse of season 4. I am looking forward to seeing whether the viewers respond to her as the hot chick or as more the girl next door.

Edited by harvestbasket, Aug 27, 2008 @ 10:03 PM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Aug 27, 2008 @ 10:51 PM

It is just two lowest scores/votes eliminations in week 1, right? I do not think it is one male and one female which is good. While for Brooke, adorable and sweet, she will need to dance well if she wants to avoid being the first woman cut.

Historically, it's been one male and one female celeb for the "double elimination." What's different this time is that it's not clear whether the men and women will be dancing on separate nights for the first week, as has been the case for the past two seasons. If they're not doing it that way this season, then it could be just the two lowest scores/votes for each of the two planned elimination nights, regardless of gender.

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted Aug 27, 2008 @ 11:05 PM

Thanks, legaleagle44. From what I read, it said one dance Monday. One elimination Tuesday, followed by the second dance and then elimination on Wednesday. Based on the odds posted upthread, it looks like women are favored more this season. Brooke should make sure Charvet and Navarro are in the audience. She needs all the help she can get.

Edited by harvestbasket, Aug 27, 2008 @ 11:05 PM.

john907

john907

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2008 @ 2:20 AM

I love Brooke back from her Wild On days, she seems sweet and sincere. I pretty much agree that paired with Derek, she will closely resembles Jennie instead of Shannon. Hopefully she'll go far during this season.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Aug 29, 2008 @ 5:30 PM

Article > ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Spotlight on Brooke Burke

What caught my eye in the article? One of her children's name is Heaven Rain.

Thadeeeyus

Thadeeeyus

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2008 @ 6:27 PM

What caught my eye in the article? One of her children's name is Heaven Rain.

She also has a child named Sierra Sky.

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted Aug 29, 2008 @ 9:25 PM

I actually like Sierra Sky. But Heaven Rain? Well, at least it is not Apple.

ETA: I noticed the blue cha cha dress, but I actually like it better on Brooke. Maybe because she looks less stiff than Shannon. I think she might start off stronger out of the gate than Jennie. Derek's costume in the promo pic reminds me of the first outfit he wore with Jennie. Boy, they do recycle outfits.

Edited by harvestbasket, Aug 29, 2008 @ 9:34 PM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2008 @ 9:29 PM

Brooke's dress in the promo pic is pretty much a blue version of Shannon's cha cha dress.

Her and Derek make a great looking couple. Derek always gets these beautiful women to partner with.

I think she'll be more of a Jennie is terms of improvment and personality.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2008 @ 7:00 PM

Article > Dancing With the Stars 7: Get to Know Brooke Burke

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2008 @ 10:09 PM

It doesn't look like Derek is going to have to pamper a diva this season (looking at you Shannon).

Nope, looks like Mark has to pamper a diva this season. Kim is vapid and annoying. She adds nothing and the way she says things is annoying. I am glad to hear that awful foot injury is not hampering her too much *rolls eye* OTOH, Brooke looks good so far. Her hips move! I think she'll come out stronger out of the gate than Jennie. I have a feeling Carrie Ann may not like her though. Brooke comes off very laid back and sweet.

Edited by harvestbasket, Sep 6, 2008 @ 9:56 AM.