Australia (S1)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4 replies to this topic

Brian Boyko

Brian Boyko

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 11, 2008 @ 2:52 AM

I just am loving Patrick from Season One of Mole Australia...

Two very light "girly" female players are trying to change the tires on a racecar that Patrick has to navigate. They're having a huge problem getting the tires on.

Patrick, totally deadpan, says to the driver "I highly suggest you tighten the nuts on the tires when you get home, mate."

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2008 @ 3:11 AM

There's both a Mole Australia thread over in Competitive Reality somewhere, and a Comparing Shows thread in TV Potluck which would be more suitable for this discussion. (And, yes, I am aware of the irony of me saying this as opposed to many of you.)

EDIT: The Aussie Mole thread has been found and bumped, but is spoilerific for both S1 and future seasons, mostly S5.

Edited by raceguy120390, Aug 11, 2008 @ 3:16 AM.

Brian Boyko

Brian Boyko

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 11, 2008 @ 3:22 AM

Dammit, why'd he have to go in Episode 2?

Avia

Avia

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2008 @ 12:51 PM

Oh, I know! Wasn't Patrick lovely? I was very sad to see him go so early.

I'm usually not a big fan of the...well, for lack of a better term, the "macho alpha-Daddy" type on reality TV shows, but Patrick was an enormous exception to that rule. I also loved his exceptionally good-humored reaction to finding out that he had only been left one white shirt to wear, as well as his interaction with the host on the telephone in the hostage game ("Nooooo, I've not found the blue envelope").

raceguy, thanks for drawing my attention to the Aussie Mole thread, as well as for bumping it up! I'm only part way through AUS Mole 3 right now, though, so I think I'll be avoiding it for just a little while longer. One of the great things about watching these OZ editions is that I've somehow managed to remain unspoiled for them, something I (alas!) couldn't manage with the UK versions.

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2008 @ 2:42 AM

No worries. I watched this US season on YouKnowWhere, but I'm only partway through your first season, so I know how you feel trying to avoid being spoiled. (Didn't work. But you only have two threads to avoid - that one and the comparing thread, which has basically turned into [partially through my own fault] the "Here's Why Aussie Mole Rocks, With Little To No Actual Mention Of Other Versions" thread.)

Also, the only real spoilers for the first four seasons are references to the Moles' identities, the ridiculously easy S4 premiere clue and to an event in S3 which you may have already seen Tiao spending $5000 to buy back her Tickle Me Elmo. The thread was restarted in the leadup to S5 (the rest having been wiped in a TWoP Cleanout), but those minor mentions crop up a bit. Just let me know when you want me to rebump it for you.

That said, I started watching our version in Episode 4 of Season 1 (the Survivor ripoff episode), so these events -- and Patrick -- are all new to me too.

Edited by raceguy120390, Sep 1, 2008 @ 2:45 AM.