Seasons vs. Seasons Discussion

• Please log in to reply

323 replies to this topic

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2011 @ 4:30 PM

with little concept of who would wear these head to toe outfits, and where they were going

This is my number 1 beef with this show. Above all else. Why does anyone need to be able to wear any of what shows on a runway? Why does their need to be a destination? The emphasis placed on "Who would wear that?" and "Where is she going?" is what makes this show so commercial and drab.

Where are these girls going? Who would wear this look from head to toe? , or these, etc, etc, etc. When I think of true designers, this is what comes to mind. The last thing I'm wondering is if average men and women would wear their clothes. That has nothing to do with the artform.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2011 @ 6:02 PM

I'm watching Season 2 on Style right now. I'd forgotten about Marla. Watching her made me even angrier about Anya's win. It also made me wonder how S2 contestants would have treated Anya. Can you imagine Anya in a season with Santino? His comments about Marla's "bag of limited self-taught tricks" (or something very close) would have fit Anya perfectly. The difference, though? Marla actually tried to design different silhouettes and, y'know, sew things. Chloe had some pretty nasty things to say about Marla's lack of training, as well. While I thought some of that shit was out-of-line (because I don't think you have to go to some design school to be a good designer), some of it was deserved and could have been applied to Anya, as well. On the other hand, Andrae was very supportive in his talking heads, and he tried to help Marla with the sewing machines.

My theory is that it was partly for drama, partly to prop up Anya for a while, so she could get help with her sewing skills.

I have suspicions about the increase in team challenges being partly for Anya's benefit. However, the drama thing is also a strong reason, and it always has been with this show. It's meant to cause conflict. The lingerie challenge episode from S2 was on just a little while ago. I really, really disliked how Chloe and Kara treated Daniel Franco. He said over and over that he would take the fall if the judges didn't like the collection. As the leader, he was always going to be the one who took the brunt of the criticism, so pushing his own vision was 100% understandable. And he followed through on the runway. Their talking heads and in-person treatment of him were really gross. They reminded me why I hate team challenges. The way they treated Daniel reminded me a lot of some of the nastiness of the team challenges in this past season. I'd really like to see those go away.

bodielovesbetty

bodielovesbetty

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 1:42 PM

Re S2: I really, really disliked how Chloe and Kara treated Daniel Franco. He said over and over that he would take the fall if the judges didn't like the collection.

At that time, given how many contestants there were initially, it wasn't inconceivable that the whole team could be out, negating Daniel's fall on his sword. It was probably also very frustrating that he kept ripping up work they completed to do it himself. He was willing to take the blame, but he didn't seem to want to respect his teammates as actual designers or even sewers.

They do need to rethink the whole team challenge setup, IMO, to make it more fair in the judging. They need to somehow change it so that team leaders chosen because of their superior presentations to clients, Macy's, etc., aren't the only ones on the chopping block. Maybe they should also pick leaders giving the poorest presentations, making it risky to deliberately try to NOT get chosen.

jackjill

jackjill

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2012 @ 10:37 AM

I caught a marathon of the Christian Siriano season. I knew that the talent on the show had diminished, but it really slapped me in the face when watching the rerun. The garments that were turned out were so well made and designed. The creativity level elevated -- everything was. Seeing Jillian's final collection made me realize what a copy cat Irina was.

I miss PR on Bravo. The new producers have ruined the show.

IttyBittyFlavur

IttyBittyFlavur

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

It's been gradual, but there's definitely a decline in the guest judges. We used to see more big names from the fashion industry; now it's more people who wear clothes than people who make them. In contrast, Top Chef has plenty of heavy hitters showing up at their judging tables, even after all these seasons.

We'll know PR is really going down the tubes when interest in the show at Fashion Week drops off.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Jan 28, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Never thought I'd say this but this All Stars season is a breath of fresh air. Tim has been muzzled so his work room critiques consist of little more than joke, a pat on the back and encouragement to "make it work". Joanna who I disliked as a guest judge actually ask thoughtful questions and provides helpful critiques. Angela is much more low key than Heidi and has more to say than, "I'd wear that". Neither Isaac, nor Georgina appear more interested in making a cutesy quip than actually giving an assessment of the garment they are judging, which given Isaac's performance on The Fashion Show is a major shock. But the biggest shock of them all is even the worst clothes we've seen on the runway this season are still fairly well sewn, completed designs. Sure some are ugly, but after the last 2 seasons and last season's non sewing win I cannot say enough how much I am loving this season. If I had my way I'd have this crew (judges/host/mentor) rotate seasons with the originals. Who knows? Maybe some time off between seasons could temper the originals back to a tolerable level.

MissMoneyBags

MissMoneyBags

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

I agree, Puds38. A year ago I would have been horrified at the idea of a Project Runway without Tim, but All-Stars is working for me.

Part of the problem was how they muzzled Tim, but also how he would advise one thing and the judges would demand another. I really blame Kors/Garcia/Klum - if they were determined to go full Mean Girls, it didn't seem to matter if Tim gave the most reasonable and insightful advice in the world. Here, with the new judges and with Joanna, even if they aren't all on the same page, they at least seem to be a little more reasonable with the designers. It really is, as you say, a breath of fresh air.

But the biggest shock of them all is even the worst clothes we've seen on the runway this season are still fairly well sewn, completed designs.

Yes. I mean, the contrast between Michael Costello, the guy who "can't sew" from his season, and Anya who REALLY couldn't sew, is mindboggling. I'm not even a particular fan of Michael Costello's aesthetic, but his six-hour gown was more well made than several pieces out of the Fashion Week collection Anya had several WEEKS to work on. Forever smh about her win.

Edited by MissMoneyBags, Jan 30, 2012 @ 1:53 PM.

Lady Cathcart

Lady Cathcart

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 9:12 AM

Joanna Coles is in no way a replacement for Tim Gunn. She approaches the designer/contestants and asks questions that are guaranteed to throw them off kilter and cause them to doubt what they're doing. Whereas Tim encourages them to clarify, verbally to him and inwardly to themselves, the direction they are taking, in a way that helps them figure out who they are as designers and what they want to communicate. Joanna tears down; Tim builds up.

But considering that this is a reality TV show that's much more about melodrama than depicting what the actual creative process is like, and considering that the fashion industry is cut-throat and crazy, maybe she's a more appropriate "mentor" than Tim.

swanpride

swanpride

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

Maybe, but I think her critic is more to the point. And I like that she talks to the designers like adults instead of silly little children, like Tim Gunn sometimes does. Both work for me in their own way.

bodielovesbetty

bodielovesbetty

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 6:55 PM

Whereas Tim encourages them to clarify, verbally to him and inwardly to themselves, the direction they are taking, in a way that helps them figure out who they are as designers and what they want to communicate.

That's pretty much how I've been seeing Joanna. I like her; she reminds me of how Tim used to be in early seasons, before the challenges lost so much focus as to muddy up Tim's role so much. YMMV.

Fukui San

Fukui San

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

I've just realized that there hasn't been a team challenge this season, right? Yay! Goes to show that they don't actually need them.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

I may be tilting at windmills, but I'm just so frustrated with this show. This season started with such potential and has turned into such a joke. I've been especially impressed with a few of the challenges. I really liked the clothes off the back of the person on the street, the lights challenge and even the last challenge with Nanette Lepore. What have hated is the lackluster designs and wacko judging. I realize reality tv is far from "real life" but there just feels like there is so little artistry left in what has become project Runway. The past 3 seasons I have started out so hopeful and excited to see what the designers can do, only to end up scratching my head at the wacked out judging and lackluster designs. I haven't been truly WOW'd by anything in a long time.

I fear it may be time to break up with Project Runway.

tvmovielover

tvmovielover

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 4:59 AM

After a couple of episodes this season, I started watching something else until it was time for the show in order to avoid any drama. And that was even though I thought the judging and mentoring were improved-Angela Landvall is Katie Joel. While the finale for this season beat the previous two, the show has kind of jumped the shark with everything seeming to be a fix. Anya's win was 1000% worse than Mondo's and I still cannot believe they praised her with straight faces but the whole show is not what it used to be. I am not sure I want to watch the next season no matter how many cute ads Tim and Heidi do. It was entertaining through season 5-sometimes like season 2 for the drama and entertainment as much as the fashion-but not since. I am glad I have the old seasons to watch.

Kolaka

Kolaka

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

Anya's win was 1000% worse than Mondo's and I still cannot believe they praised her with straight faces but the whole show is not what it used to be.

I have to agree with this. Though I like Mondo and think he's very talented, one of the more creative and talented designers they've had on this show actually, it saddens me to think this season may have been fixed for him to win. That said, based on the body of work this season, I think he absolutely deserved it, unlike Anya last season. That season was so obviously manufactured (surprise extra money and whatnot) to keep her in the game and hand her the win it was just ridiculous. I would have liked to have seen last season's Viktor compete on this All Stars.

I felt the rumblings of these kinds of wins back when Daniel Vosovic won the first All Stars. He has talent, no doubt - he is miles ahead of Anya, if we leave her as the low bar for winners regarding talent - but his final collection in All Stars was so unattractive and uninspired to the point where I was definitely thinking "fix!" when he won over some much, much better designs (Korto's, for one).

Other season winners I did not agree with (Chloe Dao and Leanne Marshall come to mind) were matters of personal taste really - I think they are both talented and I can appreciate what they do, I just would have given the wins in their seasons to other talented designers.

The show really has seemed to have moved away from what made it fun to watch in the first place.

Lady Cathcart

Lady Cathcart

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:12 AM

Now that PRAS2 is over, I wish they'd consider keeping Georgina Chapman and jettison-ing both Kors and Garcia ...

MK has been known to give helpful advice outside of judging, such as the episode when the designers visited his showroom (I believe that was the first PRAS?), but at judging, his presence has deteriorated into a series of one-liner putdowns (typically including the words "hooker" or "pooping").

NG's remarks seem only to relate to what she perceives as current trends; not that trends aren't vital in the fashion industry, but judging needs to be about more than that, such as how creatively the designer worked within the parameters of that particular challenge, etc.

Georgina, by contrast, seems to be able to concisely identify what is working and what isn't working in each garment, and to weigh her decision based on a number of factors at once (salability, imagination, technical skill, etc.).

wyndham

wyndham

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question-but here it is anyway.

There have been nine seasons but all we get to see on the reruns is the first 4 seasons over and over again. Why aren't they showing the rest of them?

Lamb18

Lamb18

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 1:23 PM

I've seen season 5 reruns, too. It may depend upon the relationship between the network and the Style channel, who is showing most of the reruns. Seasons 1-5 belong to Bravo and seasons 6-AllStars belong to Lifetime.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

Top Tier seasons:

-S2: Lacked in the talent department at times (among the show's weakest final collections), but the cast was so entertaining and likeable that it simply has to be among the best.
-S4: I would probably rank this one first, with the absolute strongest F3, many likeable contestants (Chris, Christian, Sweet P, Rami) and "villains" that weren't really so bad (Victorya). Almost every challenge produced a showstopper, and the only person staying past their expiration date was Rickey.
-S5: I felt the beginning was marked by an unusual amount of mediocre designers, but Korto vs Leanne was perhaps the most evenly matched F2 to date. The challenges were fun and interesting, I liked the entire F4, and, besides Suede and Blayne, I mostly liked everybody.
-S7: My first time watching, I was disappointed to watch some of my favorites (Jonathan, Ben, Amy) all get eliminated in succession, and then have Maya quit (who was pretentious, but had some very underrated designs). However, although it wasn't my ideal F3, they each produced a solid collection and were very consistent throughout the show. Seth Aaron is among the show's best winners, and many of his designs blew me away.

Middle Tier seasons:

-S1: I know a lot of people revere this season as the best, but I think it was still working out some of the kinks, and pretty much everybody besides Austin/Kara/Jay were weak. Wendy making F3 was a travesty. However, it was still a solid season.
-S3: The designs were solid, but I found the drama a bit overbearing, and the twist to bring back 2 of the most annoying contestants to date (Vincent/Angela) was cringeworthy. I was also pissed when Robert was sent home after his first weak design and they got to stay. The winner was unlikeable and cast a dark shadow on the whole season for me.
-Allstars: It was a solid season, likely because they only brought back designers who were both likeable/interesting and talented, but the challenges could have used some tweaking, and, aside from the absolutely perfect Georgina Chapman, the panel changes were for the worse, IMO. A very expected, if satisfying, result, but there was no excitement week-to-week for me.

Bottom Tier:

-S6: It was as drab and dull as the contestant's color pallets. Irina was a bitch. Althea seemed slow. Carol Hannah was lovely, but peaked too late, and shone only in comparison to weak designers. Epperson and Shirin's eliminations were absolute bullshit, and Christopher, Logan and Nicolas stayed way past their expiry dates. Heidi's attitude toward Gordana was one of the few moments I really despised her.
-S8: Never before have I seen a season of ANY reality show be marked by such hatred, pettiness and cliquiness. It was truly uncomfortable to watch, and I pretty much disliked everybody except Mondo (although I was able to look past personality to appreciate a handful of April's later designs). The winner was awful. The only highpoints to the season were Mondo's designs and backstory, as well as Jessica Simpson as a guest judge. Casanova grew on me.
-S9: Unpopular opinion, but I actually really liked the winner, but I think the season was among the weakest casts to date, and the constant group challenges got very, very frustrating. By the F8, almost everybody was annoying in some way (Bert, Laura, Josh, Viktor, Olivier) and there were so few showstoppers that I just couldn't be bothered to be upset about Anya's victories. Because, really, everyone sucked.

Edited by Oholibamah, May 26, 2012 @ 11:34 PM.

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

My favorite moment from any season is the post office challenge from season one. Austin modeling Jay's outfit on the runway and completely loving his moment. Also Morgan the crazy model from that same season. There will never be a better villain than Wendy Pepper

Edited by beaglelove, Jul 22, 2012 @ 5:02 PM.

sweetcookieface

sweetcookieface

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 4:07 PM

S2 is my favorite season. By far the most interesting/entertaining group of personalities (Santino, Andrae, Uncle Nick, etc.), solid talent, interesting challenges (flowers, clothes off your back, inspiration), and plenty of memorable moments (Red Lobster, Andrae's runway meltdown, Santino defending his leiderhosen and deer makeup to Nina, motherf-ing walkoff, "cry and cut," whickety wack, Marla's plagiarism, etc.). And who can forget the reunion?! (Lupe's drunken rant, "Daniel Franco, where did you go?", etc.). The only weak spot for me is the finale - I thought all the collections (except for Kara, the decoy) were pretty uninspired, and Chloe isn't one of my favorite winners. I would have loved to see Andrae in the Final 3.

S1 isn't too far behind. And I also really enjoyed S3. The one that I absolutely couldn't stand was S6. I can't remember a single memorable moment or outfit from that season, and the final 3 - Althea, Carol Ann, and Irina (to a lesser extent) - would have been axed somewhere in the middle in any other season. Oh wait, I did really enjoy Epperson's design aesthetic and his western inspired outfit was pretty fab. But of course he didn't make it to the end.

Xazeal

Xazeal

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2012 @ 2:09 PM

From best to worst, excluding All-Stars, because stopped watching after realizing Mondo won:

Season 4: By a landslide, I must say. It's pure entertainment with some great, likeable people and truly some outstanding designs along the way. I loved Christian, Sweet P, Chris, Kit, Elisa and even Jillian, who I know many considered to be boring. I've watched this season more times than any other, for sure.

Season 2: I love to hate (sometimes just hate) Santino, I thought Daniel V was overrated, I used to love Nick but now find him annoying, but there's something about the season that still pulls me in. I loved loved loved Chloe and Andrae. Also, Lupe trying to answer the question at the reunion was pure gold.

Season 3: Fine, Jeffrey, Vincent and Angela were assholes. But I thoroughly ejoyed watching Uli, Laura, Michael and Kayne, and the designs were in general pretty good.

Season 1: Going back to watch it, I couldn't bring myself to hate Wendy. Other than thinking Project Runway was Survivor and being completely delusional, she knew how to handle herself. I remembered her as a wild crazy woman, but in her confessionals she came across as intelligent and quite self-aware. Besides Wendy, we had a few likeable personalities and a bit of somewhat enjoyable drama, as well as some great designs.

Season 7: Loved Maya, Amy, Ping, Jay and Seth Aaron. Hated both Emilio and Mila, though, and many of the designs were lackluster. Seth Aaron really is one of the more impressive winners, though.

Season 5: I liked Leanne and Korto, and while Suede and Kenley had moments where they were entertaining instead of plain annoying, the rest were playing unlikeable and/or boring. Leanne winning saved the season.

Season 6: I didn't hate Irina, since she actually was quite talented. She was one of the best that season, and she knew it. Unfortunately, every other designer this season either sucked or had a painfully boring personality, with the exception of Shirin, who was eliminated way too early.

Season 9: Well, they were certainly not boring, but many of them were quite annoying, and I actually don't remember a single garment, aside from some of Anya's final collection. Anya was a sweetheart and I love her aesthetic, but her win was totally bullshit. They were clearly just trying to compensate for Gretchen, though, so I'm fine with it.

Season 8: Uncomfortable to watch. I liked Andy and April. Loved April's collection. But yeah, this was terrible.

New2NY

New2NY

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 24, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

I have to agree with respect to Season 4. Chris March still ranks as my all-time favorite contestant; it is very hard to put my finger on exactly why, but I loved watching and listening to him. It's obviously too early to say how this season is going to stack up against the others, but I'm feeling pretty positive so far. I enjoyed the first episode more than any other in a long time so I hope that good vibe continues. I also agree completely about Anya; an absolutely lovely girl but certainly not worthy of the win. In fact the judges have missed the mark terribly the past two seasons, although I had never thought about Anya's victory as possible compensation for the Gretchen debacle. Interesting but hopefully not true.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 7:03 PM

I also agree completely about Anya; an absolutely lovely girl but certainly not worthy of the win.

Compared to the strong stable of past PR winners (Jay, Christian, Leanne, and Seth Aaron especially, although Chloe, Jeffrey, and Irina are also very talented), Anya would be obliterated. But part of what made S9 suck so badly was the lack of competitive designs. Joshua had taste issues, Kimberly had fit/consistency issues, and Viktor had design issues. Compared to the three of them, I will take a fledgling designer who can't sew very well but has a great eye for prints, designs, shapes, and styling any day of the week.

cherry malotte

cherry malotte

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 7:19 PM

Epperson and Shirin's eliminations were absolute bullshit, and Christopher, Logan and Nicolas stayed way past their expiry dates. Heidi's attitude toward Gordana was one of the few moments I really despised her.

Oh my heavens, I couldn't agree with you more. I adored Epperson, and Gordana and they both got the fuzzy end of the lollipop on this season.

I pretend there is no season eight. It helps.

Laura Jane

Laura Jane

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

Season 1: Going back to watch it, I couldn't bring myself to hate Wendy. Other than thinking Project Runway was Survivor and being completely delusional, she knew how to handle herself.

The outright loathing for Wendy took me by surprise because my daughter and I watched Season 1 together and did not have a lot of input from other people (I had not discovered this board) and when I finally did read some of the comments I was shocked at how so many people hated her. She was unfortunate looking (really, has there ever been an uglier hair style?) and said some mean things but the rest of the designers truly ganged up on her-- cool kids versus the the mom figure. Jay in particular said some very cutting things about her. I think she was desperate to fit in with those she considered her equals ( they were supposed to be her fellow competitors) and was hurt when it was obvious that they weren't going to let her in.

Chris March still ranks as my all-time favorite contestant; it is very hard to put my finger on exactly why, but I loved watching and listening to him.

Mine as well and it is because he was so kind and funny-- I don't remember him ever saying anything negative about any of the others. Anthony is another one of my favorites-- not as good a designer as Chris but just as amusing. My least favorites are people like Josh, Gretchen, and Emilio who were all humorless and highly critical of others while deluding themselves that each of their own creations was a work of genius.

bodielovesbetty

bodielovesbetty

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 24, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

the rest of the designers truly ganged up on her [Wendy]-- cool kids versus the the mom figure. Jay in particular said some very cutting things about her. I think she was desperate to fit in with those she considered her equals ( they were supposed to be her fellow competitors) and was hurt when it was obvious that they weren't going to let her in.

Since I've watched S1 many times, here's my case (against Wendy):
1. No one but Wendy ever mentioned her age.
2. No one but Wendy ever tried to create a sub-group (that core-four nonsense in ep 1).
3. In Ep 2, Mario, Rob and Jay said nice things about her. Mario called her their den Mother, Robert said she was "great" and Jay called her a calming influence.
4. In Ep 3, Kara Saun went out of her way to help Wendy's image on the runway, and way actively rooting for Wendy to win. Everyone seemed pleased with her victory.
5. In Ep 4, Austin immediately picked Wendy first for his team (only Kara Saun and Nora were already chosen). He was very happy with her work and kissed/hugged her several times. (FWIW, I think Austin over-reacted to her picking him as the weak link, but up until then, he obvious liked her very much.)
6. She was still getting "congrats for being safe" hugs from Kara Saun as late as the the swimsuit episode (Ep 6).
7. In Ep 7, Kevin and Jay were confused by her sudden about-face with regard to Kevin, but both were willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and hoped she was acting that way for the benefit of the team.
8. It was only after she, IMO, showed her two faces and dissed Kevin (while acting like his new best friend) that the others cooled towards her.

Basically, I see no evidence that Wendy was excluded from the group's friendship until her own actions revealed to the others that she wasn't to be trusted. YMMV.

bodielovesbetty

bodielovesbetty

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 9:45 PM

From the S10 Finale Part 1 episode thread:

And then five weeks to design an entire collection? Really? They had months in past seasons!

Season 3 and 5 (back in the glory days) had Spring/Summer collection shows in the September Fashion Week. Uli, Laura, Leanne and Korto had at most 2 months or so, and look at the difference in quality from then to now. If they shoot the program in June, why do only have 5 weeks now? If they don't shoot it in June anymore, why not?

Tom and Lorenzo had a great comment on the current collections: they look like what they are, garments made in a few days.

SoManyWays

SoManyWays

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2012 @ 2:15 AM

Season 3 had 2 months to produce 12 looks. So it breaks down to 4-5 days per look rather than 3-4 days, but the time span is more significant than just average days per look. It's about having a chance to step away from the collection and come back to it, to make adjustments, to spend time with the overall perspective rather than just the individual pieces.

The final collections in Seth Aaron's season were good, but that's the only season from the Lifetime years that I have any real memory of.

bodielovesbetty

bodielovesbetty

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

If they insist on keeping the same airing schedule, why not reduce it to 6 looks? Then there would be some legitimate reasons to complain about finishing.

Although Season 2 had 7 months and Daniel V. wasn't near to done and Chloe said she just made one of her pieces the day before. Guess people take as long as you give them.

OakGoblinfly

OakGoblinfly

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

Tom and Lorenzo had a great comment on the current collections: they look like what they are, garments made in a few days.

Because basically thatís all the time the designers had to work on each look Ö just a few days. Not a few days to sew and tweak the fit; that s a few days to find inspiration, design, purchase fabric, create patterns, try a few practice pieces, cut, sew, and then worry about fit.

Also, the focus moving through the seasons from high fashion, couture looks to fashionable ready-to-wear looks have made (in my opinion) the final showings less WOW and more, oh thatís really nice; Nothing wrong with either approach, just very different philosophies. Couple this with a reduction in budget and time allotment for challenges and itís no wonder the fashion we seen have been less than jaw dropping.