The Bonnie Hunt Show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

693 replies to this topic

Still Sammy

Still Sammy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 7:37 PM

I haven't heard a lot about this show yet, but I'm very excited for its premiere in September. Bonnie is one of my favorite guests on Letterman, and I've enjoyed her in her series work. Some of the people behind Rosie and Ellen's shows are also involved with this, so I'm hoping it will find success.

The show's website has launched, and it has a couple really cute and funny spots promoting the show, as well as ticket and viewing information. It launches in syndication on September 8.

planetbogg2

planetbogg2

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 7:59 PM

I remember her name when she did an interview on The Daily Show that got Jon laughing so hard, he fell off his chair. I am looking forward to this show, hope it bumps off Rachael Ray.

elvira7

elvira7

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 8:14 PM

I still remember Bonnie Hunt’s legendary appearances on Tom Snyder. The daytime gig (which seems like a perfect fit for her) is a case of life imitating art because she played a TV talk show host on her sitcom “Life with Bonnie.” I’m searching for an alternative to The View and will be delighted if The Bonnie Hunt Show lives up to my expectations.

prettywomakeup

prettywomakeup

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 9:37 PM

Looks like some markets are going to put it on in the afternoon, as a block with Ellen. In my area it is going to replace the awful Crosswords and an infomercial.

I never saw her on Tom Snyder, but I love her on Letterman. I think I first saw her in Beethoven with Charles Grodin.

During the writers' strike, I meant to write to Letterman and Conan about thinking up a tv series for Bonnie and Andy Richter together.

I'm looking forward to it.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 10:11 PM

I didn't know Bonnie was getting a show. I love her & will watch for sure. I checked the site and it's going to be on 2pm on NBC in NYC.

MacMom

MacMom

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 8:48 AM

Bonnie Hunt seems to be one of those people who kind of flies under the radar but seems to know everybody. You rarely see her at, say, a red carpet event but you just know that she hangs with cool people and is funny and witty when she's with one of her many friends.

dougfir

dougfir

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 12:01 PM

I like Hunt and hope her show is a big success. If Larry King and Elizabeth Hasselbeck can somehow stay on our TV sets for years on end, surely she can as well.

During the writers' strike, I meant to write to Letterman and Conan about thinking up a tv series for Bonnie and Andy Richter together.

That would rock like nothing has ever rocked before.

mememeee

mememeee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 4:50 PM

I didn't know Bonnie was getting a show. I love her & will watch for sure. I checked the site and it's going to be on 2pm on NBC in NYC.

I didn't know either. It premieres in a month and I've seen no advertisement for it at all. It will be on at 10:00 AM in Houston on Fox for us. So it's not a block here with Ellen. Still I'm so excited for this...I will set the DVR for sure.

I love her in anything I see. Please let this be a hit!

Beezus111

Beezus111

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2008 @ 1:01 AM

Yippeee! Her show is on against Tyra and Rachael Ray in my area ~I can finally watch something good at 9am now.

I am really looking forward to this and didn't even know she was doing a daytime show until reading it here on good ol' TWOP. I've enjoyed her humor forever.

mommydearest

mommydearest

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 9, 2008 @ 9:02 PM

Cool, her show is on at 3pm here, which is also when Montel and Dr. $hill are on. I hope she blows them out of the water!!

I recently saw BH in "Return to Me" (love that movie...what a tear jerker) and thought at the time I wished I could see more of her.
She has a sense of humor that I love.

This is great news. I will definitely be setting the DVR for this.

Thanks for the heads-up, Still Sammy!

DisneyGiant

DisneyGiant

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 9, 2008 @ 9:32 PM

This talk show junkie is looking forward to this show!

I loved Life with Bonnie and was annoyed when it was canceled.

Mystery

Mystery

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2008 @ 1:31 PM

I've loved Bonnie Hunt in everything I've ever seen her in, even her tiny "We're walking, we're walking" White House tour guide role in "Dave." (And I've heard that she ad-libbed that line.) She was an oncology nurse and I think people who've had broad experiences (or at least, jobs other than in entertainment) make the best talk show hosts. I can't wait for this show to start.

pkayser

pkayser

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2008 @ 3:24 PM

Would you believe it will be on at 10 am on the same channel as The View? Oh Lord, I hope this doesn't boost The View's ratings because that is one show that must die....lol

But I cannot wait to see Bonnie's show!

bergh

bergh

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 10, 2008 @ 5:29 PM

I'm definitely looking forward to her new show. She's a great guest. On a sidenote, I think she always seems to have the best posture too.

Ms Sugarbaker

Ms Sugarbaker

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2008 @ 9:24 AM

In the NYC Tristate area, it's going to air at 2pm on the NBC affiliate. Looking forward to seeing Bonnie in this format.

Shanti70

Shanti70

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2008 @ 9:53 AM

recently saw BH in "Return to Me" (love that movie...what a tear jerker) and thought at the time I wished I could see more of her.

She wrote and directed that movie too. I love her.

angelingy

angelingy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 8:14 PM

Yes! I remember reading about this and had totally forgotten. Comes on at 9am in my area. No more second hour of Today!

elvira7

elvira7

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2008 @ 1:00 PM

LA Times: Bonnie Hunt prepares (sort of) for daytime TV

From the article:

"She probably is the best talk-show guest on television," said Telepictures President Hilary Estey McLoughlin.

I agree. And if Bonnie is half as good a host as she is a guest, her show will be must-see TV. Lord knows she’s more likable than 99.9% of her competition.

Trikywu

Trikywu

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2008 @ 1:24 PM

I love Bonnie Hunt. I've rooted for her career and watched the sitcoms she has been in. She's funny and silly and down to earth. I have a feeling this show will be a hit.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2008 @ 1:56 PM

I'm really excited for this show. Thanks for posting that article, elvira7.

My favorite part was

If Hunt's personality can be captured in the way McLoughlin describes, the new show stands a good chance. By nature, Hunt is about as approachable and down-to-earth as someone with her name on a marquee can be. During our interview she addressed me, diner-waitress-style, as "honey," though we'd never met or spoken before. When one of her producers poked his head in her office to pass along a message, she looked up and deadpanned: "Are you still with the production?" After our talk wrapped up, Hunt walked me down the hall, past an office where executive producer Don Lake was meeting with other top staffers. She introduced me with this line: "He already says we're going to fail."

I completely agree that Bonnie is one of the best talk show guests. Does anyone else remember Bonnie telling a story about her fake assistant? I think she was working on "Return to Me" and felt insecure since she didn't have an assistant so when hot shots from the studio came by she would shout to a passerby, "Hey, can you remember to pick up my dry cleaning?" and the passerby obviously just walks right by so Bonnie says to the execs, "Can you believe the way my assistant ignores me? I'm gonna fire her." That story instantly made me fall in love with her.

Daytime definitely needs something interesting to watch. All the talk shows are either boring (Ellen), bizarre (Tyra), or completely infuriating (The View.) I hope viewers embrace Bonnie.

Edited by Morbs, Aug 18, 2008 @ 1:58 PM.

couchtomato

couchtomato

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 21, 2008 @ 9:07 AM

Bonnie Hunt is made of awesome. She's always my answer to the dumb "name a celebrity you'd like to have dinner with" question. She's smart, she's funny, and everyone cool seems to be a fan of Bonnie. You can't beat that combination.

In the Baltimore/DC area it's being promoted as airing at noon starting 9/8. Thank goodness for TiVo so I don't have to quit my job.

Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 22, 2008 @ 10:56 AM

They've been adding new video clips to her website. Just love the one with her brother. Obviously, the sense of humor runs in the family.

Here in Denver, it comes on after Regis and Kelly.

elvira7

elvira7

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2008 @ 3:57 PM

They've been adding new video clips to her website.

Thanks for the heads-up, Blackkitty. The clips are hilarious. I love Bonnie's self-deprecating humor!

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2008 @ 11:48 PM

Another Bonnie Interview about show

OLucy

OLucy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2008 @ 6:32 PM

This is finally showing up on Tivo, so I'll be recording the first week to see what Bonnie is up to, just because she's Bonnie.

But if only, if only, if only her first guest wasn't Robin Williams, I'd be even happier.

Di675

Di675

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 30, 2008 @ 7:37 PM

Thanks for that interview, Morbs. I didn't realize she was a nurse. To me, she's just so relatable and normal for Hollywood. I really can't wait for this show. I remember her first sitcom in the mid 90's, The Bonnie Hunt Show...it was short lived but I so enjoyed it...especially when she did the field segments. She is beyond good at those. I could do without Robin Williams too for her first guest....but I really hope this show makes it...she is a unique talent.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2008 @ 6:37 PM

Just a reminder the show premieres tomorrow.

In my area, it knocked The Martha Stewart Show from the ABC affiliate to The CW.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2008 @ 8:07 PM

Thanks for the reminder - DVR set, even though Robin Williams annoys me to no end.

thethinman

thethinman

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2008 @ 9:59 PM

I hope her show does well. I was disappointed when her prime time sitcom was cancelled. It was so good the first season and then in the second season it was like they just lost their way. I would like to know what really happened there.

angelingy

angelingy

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2008 @ 12:33 PM

I remembered to watch at about 5 minutes after it began - whew! I like it! Love it that she has her own band, a Dean Martin show style door (Joe Mantegna could bring me a heart shaped pizza any day), loved her with the kids from her sister's class, glad she is filming in Culver City, the city of Culver City, Welcome to the City of Culver City, oh yeah, city *heh* and so many other things. Her answer to the woman's question in the audience regarding what she missed from nursing was so heart felt, and just brings home that she is the real deal. Unlike most other 'real women' on TV. I don't think I would have chosen to have Robin Williams as my first guest ( actually it was her neice, who was very cute) though, but she handled him very well. And I loved her Youtube music pick -was it Mekko? I hope she continues as a venue for new artists. Overall, I thought it was a good debut and hope she stays on my tube!

I want one of those fat/thin cameras ha!