Dancers Of The Past And Present

• Please log in to reply

76 replies to this topic

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 6:24 AM

In last week's episode thread, someone asked about the new reality show about Shaping Sound, the dance company founded by Travis Wall, Nick Lazzarini, and two DWTS dancers, so I thought I'd post the info here as it seems more pertinent here. The company includes several other SYTYCD alumni including Allison Holker, Jaime Goodwin, Melanie Moore, and Noelle Marsh. The show begins airing on July 31st, so I started a thread for it here.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:28 AM

Last week's episode of Bones (8.10 The Diamond in the Rough) had the main characters go undercover at a SYTYCD-esque show to investigate the murder of a dancer. Tasty Oreo and Mary Murphy played the judges (which wasn't very exciting) but there were several SYTYCD alumni who guest starred as contestants including Eliana Girard (who played the murder victim), Dmitry Chaplin (who played her partner), and Chehon Wespi-Tschopp (who played the partner of one of Eliana's friends/ rivals).

Klavier81

Klavier81

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2013 @ 2:19 PM

The Di Lellos were on that episode of Bones as well. Anyone else spotted?

romantic idiot

romantic idiot

Stalker

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 3:17 PM

Kent has been going great guns in Bunheads which has Jeanine in it too, of course.

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 6:30 PM

The Di Lellos were on that episode of Bones as well. Anyone else spotted?

I just saw this (and only for the SYTYCD participants, so I did a lot of slow motion scrutiny) and the only other alum I spotted was Anya. She was the twirling blond wearing short black sparkly slip-top and thigh high black "boots".

I was a little surprised that it was Dmitry who got the speaking role, but I thought he did quite well. I'm used to him appearing to be tongue-tied during interviews (DWTS).

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 1:30 AM

A couple of alumni performed on the Oscars last night. I've confirmed Jaime Goodwin, George Lawrence, Kathryn McCormick and Alex Wong were in the show. There may have been more. I don't remember.

Edited by Turkish, Feb 26, 2013 @ 1:34 AM.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 4:59 AM

I was wondering about Oscars. I didn't spot any of them but I did spy Spencer Liff dancing front and centre with Catherine Zeta-Jones.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 5:41 AM

Blake McGrath's new music video

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 10:05 AM

Well, song - not so much.  But the video was riveting.  I noticed a couple of familiar faces, I thought, but no names sprang into my mind to go with them.  Anyone better than I am at identifying past SYTYCda dancers?

FrogLenzen

FrogLenzen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 10:56 AM

I saw Jordan Clark, S4 winner, and possibly Lindsay Leuschner, S4 4th place. Also maybe Justin Lopes from S4 auditions.

crowceilidh

crowceilidh

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 11:05 AM

Yep, I was coming back here because Jordan's name had just popped into my head.  There is a red-headed ski-jump-nose guy who looks familiar -- is it just that he looks a bit like the skater, Kevin Reynolds?

FrogLenzen

FrogLenzen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 11:18 AM

If you mean the guy at 1:11, I don't recognize him from SYTYCD. Kevin Reynolds it is, I guess!

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Aug 28, 2013 @ 5:37 PM

This belongs in the Joshua Allen thread, but it is located in the Dead Thread cut-off area (archived) so it is going here. 

Pacific Rim Video Press interview > Joshua on dancing with Hayley   It's good to see him again.  He believes Hayley will be fine and get lots of work after the show. 

EmbraceTheDark

EmbraceTheDark

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2013 @ 6:50 PM

I love Blake! His solo to "Body Language" was one of the best across all seasons. Now that SYTYCD Canada is defunct, I wish he'd make an appearance on this show. 

Ivan was one of Justin Timberlake's featured dancers and is a choreographer for his 20/20 Experience tour. I'm sure he is living his dream and I'm so proud of him! He still has that MEGA baby face, but God he's a magnificent dancer - so smooth and natural. He'll be off doing big things, but I hope he comes back to the show as an all-star or to choreograph. 

Wow. I've watched this show for so many years that it feels like some of these dancers are my children and I'm watching them grow up even though we're the same age haha. 

Edited by EmbraceTheDark, Aug 28, 2013 @ 6:54 PM.

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2013 @ 6:54 PM

Dance Plug interview > Melinda Sullivan on her Top routine with Aaron

She may not have been charismatic on her season, but I certainly like her now. 

whatsupdog

whatsupdog

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 6, 2013 @ 1:03 PM

Jonathan Platero (S5 contestant, S10 choreographer) got engaged during "Ballroom with a Twist" to Oksana, who is in the DWTS troupe. She's the one with really long blond hair that (I find) can be distracting. Also in BWAT from SYTYCD are Randi Strong (formerly Randi Evans, S5), Chelsie, Dmitry, and Legacy (S6).

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2013 @ 2:06 PM

Good for Jonathan P.  Hope they have a happy life together. 

I'm always surprised by the number of non-ballroom SYTYCD contestants who "go ballroom" after the show.  I would never have guessed Randi to be interested in ballroom that much, and I've never seen BWAT so I don't know if Legacy is doing ballroom or more his genre to "twist" things up a bit. 

I was 1st aware of this crossover trend when the last SYTYCD Australia winner - Robbie K. - chose the "prize" of touring with Burn the Floor. Robbie was a contemporary dancer.