2-6: "Hair From Heaven" 2008.07.30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

74 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 4:12 AM

The competition gets “colorful” when the stylists get creative with hair color, using a bright palette of greens, blues and purples on their clients during the short cut challenge. Emmy-award nominated actress Kate Jackson joins Jaclyn Smith as guest judge for a mini Charlie’s Angels reunion, where the stylists must recreate modern versions of the famous signature Charlie’s Angels looks for the elimination challenge. Will they have what it takes to impress the original experts?

MdMaxx

MdMaxx

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:01 PM

Nekisa is still fucking here. I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Do we have another Wendy Pepper? Urgh!

Tre Coltivatori

Tre Coltivatori

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:02 PM

I don't think she gets it, either. Every week she seems as surprised as anyone that she's still there.

Maybe if Glenn had offered up her other tit, they would have let her stay. That style she did was hideous.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:03 PM

Okay, none of these bitches has any talent. That was some of the ugliest hair I've ever seen. They make Jonathan Anton look like a sheer genius. I mean, come on! I haven't been impressed yet and this is how many episodes in? I'm over this show. Also, I'm convinced Nekisa is screwing Jaclyn Smith. She should have been gone in episode 2. I was looking forward to this challenge ever since the previews for it were shown from day 1. What a let down. I'd rather watch reruns of the first season.

Edited by swankie, Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:08 PM.

ayako38

ayako38

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:03 PM

What is it going to take to get rid of her? OMG

I was sad that they did such a crummy job with the Angels. I really liked that show up until they got Tanya Roberts and then it was dead to me. <G>

MdMaxx

MdMaxx

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:06 PM

Every week she seems as surprised as anyone that she's still there.

Is that how you interpret it because I see a smug-ass douche who thinks she's better then she really is.

Edited by MdMaxx, Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:37 PM.

Nouvelle Fille

Nouvelle Fille

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:08 PM

My 30-year girlcrush on Kate Jackson lives on. She didn't say a ton, but what she did say was pointed, snarky, and hysterical. I can see her on the Angels set, rolling her eyes as everyone fawns and drools all over Farrah and Jacklyn.

I wanted Nekisa to go, but her work simply wasn't as bad as Glenn's.

Tre Coltivatori

Tre Coltivatori

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:09 PM

I think she sounds smug when she's in the bottom two of the short cut challenge every week. You're right, she obviously thinks she's better than she really is.

Every week during the elimination challenge, I still think she always looks surprised she's still there.

GenieinTX

GenieinTX

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:09 PM

Also, I'm convinced Nekisa is screwing Jacklyn Smith. She should have been gone in episode 2.

I was wondering if she's blowing Kim Vo. Geez, you send Glenn home over her? Really? Not only does Nekisa consistantly suck, her Farrah was horrid. That was ugly hair. I hate hair with big holes in it.

BeanyMalone

BeanyMalone

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:11 PM

Sabrina is sporty, Kelly is pretty, Jill is sexy. It's not really that hard. They all over thought it.

I hope they aren't keeping Nekisa around for the drama, because she's boring.

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:13 PM

I can see it now. Final challenge is a "green" politically correct one. Nekisa, still there, sends the model out with Nekisa's own feces as styling product and as a flourish, sets it on fire. And wins it all.

And on that note? Nekisa you suck. And Charlie being a douche does not mitigate that. Kim Vo beaming at you as he tells you you suck does not either. And don't tell me that is "vibrate" when you have been sporting outfits the costume director of "Married to the Mob" thought was a bit much.

Paolo's face matched mine. Nekisa's hair was not only dated it looked like the slutty pretty girlfriend in "Sixteen Candles" after she got chooped to be freed from the shut door on her hair. There was a fucking hole in the bucket dear Liza.

Have we ever seen nine heads of uglier hair on one stage?

Dee can shut up. Dee did Bird of Paradise well. But Charlie actually did the challenge criteria a bit better. The melding of the color was brilliant and "vibrant" on Charlie's and actually, to me as a mere observer, seemed more intricate and difficult than Dee's , difficult thought that obviously was.

Ken Vo. Stop smiling. Don't fucking grin like a chainsaw wielding maniac when you are telling someone how bad they did. Or else go be a newscaster and grin your way through the latest air disaster like the rest of them.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:14 PM

I hope they aren't keeping Nekisa around for the drama, because she's boring.

I would have respected her more if she had told Charlie he was a tool and a douchebag. Her comebacks for his insults were so lame.

Rubinia

Rubinia

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:17 PM

Also, I'm convinced Nekisa is screwing Jaclyn Smith.

Hahahaha, that must be it! Paulo's face was priceless when Glenn got cut...and I liked how even Nekisa made this "Seriously?" motion with her hand. Seriously though, Glenn's was bad, but Nekisa's looked like prom hair that had been slept on. And at least Glenn won a challenge at one point -- and wasn't consistently in the bottom for both Short Cut and Elimination challenges.

I liked both Charlie's and Dee's "rainbow" hair.

Edited by TWoP Gadget, Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:48 PM.
grammar/style tweak

Nouvelle Fille

Nouvelle Fille

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:19 PM

Sabrina is sporty, Kelly is pretty, Jill is sexy.

Actually, Sabrina was "brainy," and Jill was the "sporty" one--pro tennis player, race car driver.

*is old*

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

• Interests:Gardening

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:20 PM

I see a smug ass douche who thinks she's better then she really is

I've actually never heard of an "ass douche" - but... yeah! The constant excuses and eye rolling and total lack of grace (and self awareness) makes her an ass douche!!

Sabrina is sporty, Kelly is pretty, Jill is sexy

See, that's what I thought. Forget what the character's hair looked like. Pick words to describe the style and go with that. FORGET Farrah and just do a sexy, bedhead style that moves. FORGET Sabrina, do a great shiny bob. DON'T forget Kelly - Kim got it right you see Jaclyn every day!!!" Duh! I LOVED that there was no winner! No one deserved it.

I love a person that smiles easily and often. I love Kim Vo.

When Charlie won the shortcut, I yelled "Bullshit" -- cut to Dee "that was bullshit!" Yup it was. Her bird of paradise was beautiful, and Charlie's was Charlie's usual mediocre, but for some reason praised, style.

Edited by CrumbyButtons, Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:23 PM.

mezzomom

mezzomom

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:28 PM

Seriously, Bravo judges? Wrong decision on both this and Project Runway tonight. So very, very wrong.

At this point, I will just tune in briefly to see what Jaclyn Smith is wearing, clotheswise and hairwise. The woman is my idol. Absolutely frickin' gorgeous at 62 years old. Nekisa should take a long hard look to learn what class looks like. Although the saying about a silk purse out of a sow's ear comes to mind.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:30 PM

Okay, none of these bitches has any talent. That was some of the ugliest hair I've ever seen. They make Jonathan Anton look like a sheer genius.

Seriously, what the fuck was that crap? Nekisa should have been gone in 60 minutes.

Dee was robbed during the short cut. Charlie's hair looked like the cartoon challenge redux. I love Kim Vo even though his face doesn't move at all!

Loved the way the the challenge was delivered although it should been done by John Forsythe who's still alive.

The last "Sabrina" model looked like a man in that hair. Bad, bad, bad.

msanthropic

msanthropic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:42 PM

Ken Vo. Stop smiling. Don't fucking grin like a chainsaw wielding maniac when you are telling someone how bad they did. Or else go be a newscaster and grin your way through the latest air disaster like the rest of them.

He has to show off his collagen lips.

Kate Jackson talks like her jaw is wired shut. Come to think of it, so does Jaclyn.

One of the Farrah styles looked a little like Nicole Richie. Not that that's a good thing....

hapfish

hapfish

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:52 PM

I think that Charlie would have won the shortcut challege no matter what. He is "Charlie" and it was the "Charlie's Angels" challenge. Tell me the producers weren't planning this since they found a contestant named Charlie!!

All the styles were bad. But I found it interesting that the placards used the actress' names (Farrah, Kate, Jaclyn) rather than the characters' names. It's like everyone thinks Jaclyn Smith really worked for a guy in an intercom.

FashionVictim19

FashionVictim19

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 11:24 PM

I think that Charlie would have won the shortcut challege no matter what. He is "Charlie" and it was the "Charlie's Angels" challenge. Tell me the producers weren't planning this since they found a contestant named Charlie!!

That's exactly what I thought. There's no other possible explanation for why Dee didn't win that shortcut challenge. Charlie's hair was HORRIBLE. Truly.

Also, I thought Glenn's shortcut hair WAS worse than Nekisa. However, they were equally terrible in the elimination challenge. So if we're going challenge by challenge like this show is - Glenn was worse this week overall. But I still don't agree with it.

Charlie is ridiculous with his insults and his smug attitude - I would hurt myself if I had to be around him. He's playing up to such a stereotype of a snarky gay man and it's insulting to see him pretend his nastiness is him being sassy. Can't wait to see him get the boot, hopefully it's soon because I have NEVER been impressed with him.

Edited by FashionVictim19, Jul 30, 2008 @ 11:25 PM.

AmazonGoddess

AmazonGoddess

Video Archivist

• Interests:Movies, music, TeeVee, my hubby, my family, my dogs, my friends, and my books...Not necessarily in that order.

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 11:50 PM

CrumbyButtons...we were apparently seperated at birth! I too called "Bullshit!" on Charlie winning the shortcut; I, too, was shocked at how hard this challenge seemed to be for the stylists; and I was overjoyed when no one won. No one deserved to win.

I realized after the "super long hair" short cut challenge, that while these people may be able to cut hair, not a damned one of them can style it worth a shit. When I am able to accomplish interesting and pretty up-do's on myself in 20 minutes and these clowns can't do one in an hour? Well that speaks volumes, doesn't it? I am shocked that these were the cream of the crop of the stylists who auditioned for the show. I am so disappointed.[ /end rant]

So, is there anyone I even want to see win? Well, I think Nicole may be the best at cutting and I think Dee may be the best over-all. She seems to be the most consistent and competent, and frankly, that's high praise this year.

I think I'm so upset because I was really looking forward to this challenge and it just blew. Boo.

lilshorty

lilshorty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 12:39 AM

Not only does Nekisa consistantly suck, her Farrah was horrid. That was ugly hair. I hate hair with big holes in it.

That hair was horrible! I don't care how old Glenn's Jaclyn style looked. Nekisa's Farrah style was so ugly it was enough to not only have her eliminated this episode, but also banned from coming to the reunion special! Seriously, I can do without her. I'm debating on whether or not I still want to watch this show. Nekisa's like Ricky from Project Runway 4. She's a damn cockroach that just won't die!

adelaide97

adelaide97

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 12:55 AM

I think most of these contestants are suffering from the same ailment that seems to have befallen this season's Project Runway contestants--the desire to be on a TV show rather than the desire to showcase their craft. Ah, the good old days of Tyson and Daniel V...

phoenix780

phoenix780

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 3:08 AM

I think most of these contestants are suffering from the same ailment that seems to have befallen this season's Project Runway contestants--the desire to be on a TV show rather than the desire to showcase their craft. Ah, the good old days of Tyson and Daniel V...

I'm with you on PR, but here I think they all just kind of suck. How sad to long for glory days of yore when the show is in season 2.

As far as this episode, I was also disappointed. Not enough Kate Jackson, crap hairstyles, and way too transparent with Charlie getting to be the floating helper.

However, I'm glad they kept Nekisa around because having her on and in the bottom 2/3 every time is entertaining. I love when she gets indignant and confused, then starts to talk back. I love that none of the other contestants seem to back her up when she's baffled and annoyed at being a consistent loser. And it keeps me intrigued, waiting to see if this episode includes her Moment, a trigger for some kind of redemption arc building to a victory. Given the lackluster contestants and challenges, it's really all I've got to look forward to.

ShantasticBus

ShantasticBus

Couch Potato

• Interests:writing, baseball, writing about baseball, quoting Arrested Development, Seattle Mariners, Cougar football, Cougar basketball, theatre, astrology, psychology, personality disorders, reading, ESP, ESPN, yoga, Mah Jong, Lucky Strike Bowling, anything Italian, hating Dubya, wit, humor, satire, sleeping, collecting dust

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 3:12 AM

I'm with the "bullshit"-before-Dee-said-"bullshit" crowd.

KIM: And the shortcut challenge winner is...
ME: Don't let it be Charlie.
KIM: Charlie.
ME: Dammit! That's bullshit!

This was mostly because I hate, hate, hate Charlie but I did think that Dee's was much better. She didn't have all that fugly black dye on the sides. Actually I liked Glenn's best (the one with the purple, red and blond on top).

And add me to the group that is so goddamn sick of Nekisa. When she didn't get cut, my roommate goes, "It's because she's got tig ol' bitties" and I think he's right. She's got the bod (with the hooker makeup), she's provocative in that everyone hates her except for Dee who has the hots for her — final four Reality TV material right there. She meets all the criteria.

Maybe if Glenn had offered up her other tit, they would have let her stay. That style she did was hideous.

Hee hee, speaking of titties. However, I think Nekisa's was worse because it had all those ugly holes in it. In some places it looked like the girl had NO hair below her hairline — like they'd just stuck hair extensions into the parts where the hair was longer.

If Nekisa isn't kicked off next week, I might just stick with my Season 1 iPod reruns and watch Tyson kick ass with that Elizabethean hair.

ETA: It was the unfairly kicked-off Glenn who did the awesome blond, red, purple hair.

Edited by ShantasticBus, Aug 1, 2008 @ 12:57 AM.

SunShine Gal

SunShine Gal

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 4:32 AM

I too think Dee should have been given the win for the short cut challenge. Her model's hair still looked beautiful and feminine and could be worn out looking exactly as she'd styled it. Charlie's carousel pony style would only look decent made up like a shetland pony. They should have asked to see what his model's hair looked like down. What a mess. Dee's was wearable. Charlie's was a silly costume.

When Paolo started boasting that he really knew what he was doing with the blue, I knew something was going to go wrong.

How could all of those stylists screw up the Charlie's Angels Challenge so badly? I was looking forward to this episode. We all love beautiful hair. I wanted to take a hair brush to every Jaclyn and Farrah model. They looked like the SKANK version of them, not the updated version. Were they going for The Real Housewives of Orange County meets Charlie's Angels?

I was almost sure that Nekisa was going to go home. Especially since she'd made a fuss after the judging of the short cut challenge thus interrupting Jaclyn. I actually gasped. How dare she give attitude to Jaclyn. Nekisa said "it was annoying". It's not going to help her if she talks back. I wasn't surprised to see her in the bottom 2 again. She just hasn't brought any talent for us to see. I do see the judges point though. When you see Jaclyn every day and still screw up on her style, that's all kinds of stupid.

Shut Up. Charlie! Seriously, the guy is nothing now. His attitude stinks up any talent he might have. I don't want him to win. He's not ALL that. I'm looking forward to seeing him sent home.

Edited by SunShine Gal, Jul 31, 2008 @ 4:34 AM.

reddust

reddust

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 6:26 AM

My mom came in the room when Nekisa was on the screen and asked me if that was a man or a woman -- she thought Nekisa was a transvestite. Ha! I've wondered the same thing.

PotomacDog

PotomacDog

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 7:15 AM

I can see it now. Final challenge is a "green" politically correct one. Nekisa, still there, sends the model out with Nekisa's own feces as styling product and as a flourish, sets it on fire. And wins it all.

Hilarious!

Mother of all cockroaches, she survives.

Maybe Once

Maybe Once

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 7:22 AM

Wow, after challenges galore where hair has been derided as "too Pretty Pony," Charlie wins simply by putting in a disclaimer that he was "inspired" by a carousel horse. The vibrant colors were OK, but for some reason I really disliked the way he also insisted on including "natural" colors...the chestnut brown and black just didn't seem to belong on the same head.

So, Dee was robbed....but, I do think she can be a bit of a poor sport. I'm so torn on her, because she frankly annoys the hell out of me in her interviews and apartment scenes, but I love the way she interacts with her clients. She manages to be professional without being intimidating and friendly without being....well, Daniel. I do hate her stripey-hair "signature," but I've noticed that South Florida is home to a lot of color trends that I just don't get.

I understand that Farrah hair can be difficult to update, as it pretty much defines "late 70's hair." (*is old enough to have carried a giant comb in the back pocket of her Levi's hiphugger cords*) I am shocked -- SHOCKED! though, that we didn't see some gorgeous Sabrina hair. Really, it could have been one akin to the Sassoon bob challenge of last season. You know you are in big trouble when Kate Jackson (who I love, but was obviously not hair obsessed in the least, she hardly knew what to say in judging beyond "euch") has more creative ideas than the flippin stylists.

Nekisa looked so much prettier in the apartment, with her hair smoothed, rats and falls gone, and possibly even her face washed. Unfortunately, she still makes Fran Drescher seem like Audrey Hepburn.

cherry malotte

cherry malotte

Fanatic

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 7:59 AM

I'm so disappointed...this could have been so great! So much suckitude...all they really had to do was three modern styles on the models and wham bam there you go!

La Cockroach needed to take a lesson from Paulo - his short cut didn't work out and he knew it, and accepted the criticism graciously. Get a fucking clue why dontcha? And get the hell off my screen!