Eureka Spoilers & Discussion: Section 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

65 replies to this topic

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Jul 22, 2008 @ 6:22 PM

Spoil away.

cybercat08

cybercat08

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 23, 2008 @ 4:20 PM

Episode 3.01 - Bad to the Drone

Season 3 kicks off with a hunt for an escaped drone, while Samantha Thorne (Frances Fisher) arrives on the scene to oversee the clean-up of damages caused by Global Dynamics.

Edited by cybercat08, Jul 26, 2008 @ 12:14 AM.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2008 @ 4:42 PM

Samantha Thorne (Frances Fisher)

Pretty sure it's Eva Thorne.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 12:33 AM

And unless the company name got changed, it's still Global Dynamics.

Nikki125

Nikki125

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 11:27 PM

Here are some spoilers from the articles I linked to in the Media thread:

From SouthBendTribune.com:

This year, there’s definitely a lot of surprises,” Richardson-Whitfield says. “We know that Nathan asked me to remarry at the end of last season. We are planning a wedding but what does that mean? I’ll just leave it there. We’re also all in jeopardy of losing our jobs, and there’s also a new secret about (Thorne’s) agenda in coming to Eureka.”

Joe Morton from DenofGeek.com

My look is different – I shaved off all my dreads. And he becomes, at one point, the Mayor of the town.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Jul 28, 2008 @ 5:50 PM

I ended up attending the Eureka panel at Comic-Con afterall. Colin Ferguson, Salli Richardson, and Joe Morton were there. They showed us a clip. I forgot most of what I saw and was discussed. I do remember that:
  • There is a Groundhog Day type episode where Colin Ferguson appears in a towel (over and over again)
  • The clip they showed us had Allison dressed in a wedding dress with Zoe looking on. They also showed a shot of Allison at the wedding. There was no confirmation of who she was marrying.

some1105

some1105

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2008 @ 1:47 PM

Has anyone heard anything about Lucas (Zoe's boyfriend from last season), Callie (alt Carter love interest) or Taggart returning? None of them (Vanya Asher (Lucas), Sonja Bennett (Callie) or Matt Frewer (Taggart)) appear, per IMDB, to be credited with any 2008 episodes. Taggart worries me a bit less, since he pops up now and then as needed, but I had really started to like having Lucas around--he made Zoe considerably less irritating for me at the end of last season. And Callie was kind of a necessity for me because I'm entirely over Carter mooning around over Allison, whose character in the second season was retconned into being much more averse to Carter than she ever was in S1.

For that matter, any other casting spoilers?

bybrandy

bybrandy

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2008 @ 11:17 PM

Carter's free spirit sister comes to town in the Groundhog Day episode. She thinks he's going to repeat the day until he tells Allison about his feelings for her. It seems like it's the day of her wedding.

halo_pub

halo_pub

Couch Potato

• Interests:Halopub on previously dot tv.

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 2:12 AM

"Lucas" was on the set a couple weeks ago. The writers also used their blog to confirm that he and Zoe are still dating. Don't know about Callie or Taggart.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:10 AM

There is a Groundhog Day type episode where Colin Ferguson appears in a towel (over and over again)

Oh, I suppose we'll have to endure. Ahem.

steveLRC

steveLRC

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:28 AM

She thinks he's going to repeat the day until he tells Allison about his feelings for her.

*sigh* I really hoped we were done with the Allison/Carter thing. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't really seen much evidence of said feelings over the latter half of S2, and I kinda like the good Sheriff and Callie together.

Edited by steveLRC, Jul 30, 2008 @ 10:30 AM.

bybrandy

bybrandy

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 12:42 PM

I have never been an Alison/Carter shipper and I can't imagine turning into one but it is pretty clear from interviews and from the first season finale that the show believes AC are end game.

episode six is the obligatory green ep.

Wyldemusick

Wyldemusick

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 4:00 PM

According to the producers at ComicCon, Taggart will be back during the latter half of the season, and apparently has some sort of arc.

bybrandy

bybrandy

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 4:45 PM

A Taggart arc? I can deal with that!

Just continuing a conversation from another thread in case anybody follows it over.

Joe Morton implied that Henry had forgiven Carter a long time ago for doing what had to be done about the Kim situation but that there was something else that Henry had to address with Carter (the flashy thing is my guess) before they could be back to normal. And that it would get addressed.

Edited by bybrandy, Aug 6, 2008 @ 11:51 AM.

Terran

Terran

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 8, 2008 @ 4:28 PM

Oh, damn, if Carter ends up with Allison (who is OKAY, but I frankly don't like the actress for some reason, and have preferred all the other possible pairings for him put out there: the laundress, the vet at G D, even his ex-wife) I am done with the show. I was already trepiditiously approaching this entire season, even hesitated watching it at all as it seemed they had this lameduck attraction from Carter towards Allison and it only gets on my nerves.

I have enough problem taking Carter seriously as a former U.S. Marshall as he seems the bumbling, barely competent type - maybe if he's too sharp or not hopelessly attracted to someone we're supposed to find him too intimidating to be charming. Grow up, production team! He doesn't need to be a loser.

However, Allison has always known how Carter felt about her - hell, the entire town of Eureka does - and they've never dated, though I guess she wondered about him briefly as a sexual partner, but for her own reasons held off. I choose to think the obvious, that she was still emotionally attached to her ex and that took precedence. So many adults! So little sex!

In fact, the sheriff has been pathetic for quite a while on his unrequited feelings for Allison. It makes his overall behavior somewhat retarded.

And it seems, watching the eps played so far, that Allison is very much into ex-hubby, including that whole "homing pigeon clinch" as I call it, as she was rescued from snake guy. If she'd had buried feelings for Carter, she'd have run to him. So for her to do a turnabout on wedding day would be grossly out of character. Just my two cents.

bybrandy

bybrandy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2008 @ 11:49 PM

Where has Carter been an idiot? Doesn't he pretty much always figure out how to save the day?

If it's any concillation and it might not be. I'm not a Carter or Allison shipper either but the guys at Comic Con said last season was about pulling them apart and this season was about bringing them back together... but I didn't get the sense that they would be together as a couple just moving back in that direction after a season pulling them apart.

I think Allison knows that Carter has a thing for her but I don't think even Carter knows if it's anything deeper than that. They flirt. He never asked her out. He never made a move and there was Stark making a move and she was more into Stark than she was Carter because Stark was comfortable from their past and because Stark was doing what it took to save Kevin.

I have a hard time as seeing Carter as the bumbling sherrif when he comes up with the thing that saves the day in every episode. And yeah there is stuff he doesn't know, but somebody has to get the exposition thrown at them and Carter not being a scientist is really the only likely candidate.

ShunnedforLife

ShunnedforLife

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2008 @ 10:06 PM

There is a Groundhog Day type episode where Colin Ferguson appears in a towel (over and over again)

Is there a clause in Colin's contract that he has to do nude scenes in every season? Or do the writers just love seeing him naked? This will be like the fifth or sixth time: The shower cam (or was that from Star Trek: Voyager?), the Decontamination, the Hologram, The Disinfectant with Allison, the joined Dream/Nightmare.

Meanwhile I've only got to see Allison glow in the shower.

gik910

gik910

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 12:04 AM

A few of the actors have hinted that a main character may not be around too much longer (CF said it an interview & EC said it in the video log on the SciFi site) If you look at the imdb site, Ed Quinn is not credited in the last 3 episodes of this season....does thin mean Stark bites it? I think it may, and that will be a sad sad sad day in Eureka. I hate it when main characters get killed off, screws with the dynamic of the show.

bybrandy

bybrandy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 12:57 AM

Well, I've certainly wondered how the dynamic would shift and how it would work after whatever happened to breakup Allison and Stark happened... but I'd hate for Stark to be leaving for more than an episode. He may well be my favorite, he's certainly my snarky favorite. There are characters I'd be sad to lose but i think the show could have replaced, but Stark really isn't one of them.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 8:04 AM

I hope they don't kill off Stark, the show just wouldn't be the same. He has great chemisty with Alison and Carter and it would be a huge shift to lose that snarky/grudgingly respectful relationship between Stark/Carter

RedEndora

RedEndora

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Working on my conversation skills - family activities- reading - watching TV - listening to the radio (Bob and Tom specifically) - listening to nearly any kind of music (not opera) - watching movies - playing with our pets - thrice weekly gym visits - shopping (duh) - surfin' the net - cooking - taking time away from all the stuff above to have quiet time to just think.

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 11:34 AM

It really wouldn't be the same. And while I'm not a Carter/Alison shipper (or any shipper, really) I worry that if Stark were killed off, TPTB would make it look like Carter was responsible, and prevent Alison from exploring any relationship with Carter. I speak more to the friendship aspect.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 12:21 PM

May I remind everyone that IMDB is a wiki. So take the information there with a spoonful of salt, minimum.

Corona

Corona

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 2:30 PM

I'm more worried about Fargo.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 3:02 PM

May I remind everyone that IMDB is a wiki. So take the information there with a spoonful of salt, minimum.

Oh, I agree. I know that IMDb gets things wrong all the time and even if EQ is missing from a couple of episodes that doesn't mean all that much. Sometimes actors are given time off to work on othe projects or the scripts could just not call for Stark to be involved.

From the spoilers and the preview for next week it would appear as though someone will die but who knows? I don't think it will be Nathan or Henry but there's always that little bit of fear that a character I love will get killed or turn out to be a Cylon ;-)

bybrandy

bybrandy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 5:43 PM

But if your favorite character turns into a Cylon that means there are more of them!

Seems NG is wildly popular with fans, I'd be surprised to see him go. But you never know.

I quite frankly find Alison the most expendable, but I doubt that would ever happen.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 9:09 PM

I think it's one of the secondary or tertiary characters. I can't see Stark dying. He's a big part of the heart of the show. He and Carter give one another meaning.

Ebessan

Ebessan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 16, 2008 @ 12:58 AM

I'm more worried about Fargo.

So am I.

I like Stark, and agree that the show would be lesser without him, but, man, if it's fuckin' Fargo...

Guinny

Guinny

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 16, 2008 @ 4:24 AM

I think it's one of the secondary or tertiary characters. I can't see Stark dying. He's a big part of the heart of the show. He and Carter give one another meaning.

*clings to this*

But in the preview, it says 'for one of these characters, it ends here' or something like that... and then you have Stark closing his eyes against a flash and stuff... *sniffles* Seriously, a lot of fun would be sucked out of the show if Nathan went away (and I'm trying not to think about him dying!) and I'm not too sure if I would keep tuning in. I'd try to keep watching, naturally, but as you say, Stark and Carter give one another meaning and their interaction is a big part of the fun for me.

Also, if they kill off Starky and then put Allison and Carter together at the end of the season, I will... do something really ineffectual and silly but the gist is that I would not like that at all.

SVNBob, granted, IMDb is a wiki, but there are two factors adding to my concern here: that the next episode is the end of the line for one of the characters in the preview, and that the other actors are all listed for the following episodes at least as far as my (cursory) research went.

Of course, it could also be major misdirection from the writing team? *hopeful*

bybrandy

bybrandy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2008 @ 6:02 PM

End of the line could mean though that one gets fired from GD or something.

workworkwork

workworkwork

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2008 @ 1:36 AM

Sounds like a head-fake to me. Reminds me of the promo for the season finale of Sarah Connor Chronicles where they cut two completely different scenes together to make it look like one character was threatening to kill the other.

Since then I've been pretty wary of these preview trailers.