Catch 21

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3 replies to this topic

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Jul 22, 2008 @ 11:29 AM

Did anyone else catch the premiere of GSN's new game show, hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro? It combines the card game 21 with a multiple choice question format for the majority of the game. I thought it was okay; I wouldn't seek out the show or watch it every night, but I wouldn't turn it off if I came across it. The product placement was a little out of control, though. The cards that were dealt during the game had "Kraft Real Mayo" on the back of them, and the pass chips in the final round had Burger King's logo plastered on them.

Bigwheels1971

Bigwheels1971

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading (especially mysteries & autobiographies), acting, swimming, listening to music, the Internet

Posted Apr 28, 2009 @ 5:59 PM

I just started watching this and while the game is fun, the rounds make no sense. From what I understand, the first two rounds have points. However, they don't seem to matter at all because whoever wins the third round seems to win the game. For example, in one episode going into the third round, Person A had 1800 points, Person B had 100. Yet person B got 21 and won the game. Huh???????

I think what would make more sense is, drop the points. Wining Round 1 = $1,000. Winning Round 2 = $1,000. Winning Round 3 = $2,000 and the potential for a tiebreaker.

Edited by Bigwheels1971, Apr 28, 2009 @ 6:00 PM.

river8101

river8101

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2009 @ 6:12 AM

I've seen it a couple times, but didn't like it. Makes no sense, and few players win much money on it because of the way it's laid out. The host got on my nerves. I don't watch anymore.

Edited by river8101, Oct 23, 2009 @ 2:05 PM.

river8101

river8101

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 30, 2009 @ 6:09 PM

Came upon it tonight towards the end. Show is still awful. The game makes no sense. There is some clapping in the audience, but I've no doubt there's a moderator out there with a sign telling the audience when to clap. As to the cheering and shouting. Sorry. If you watch the audience carefully, you can see during the shouting a bunch of bored faces. Perhaps in the first row, the contestants brought a few friends. It's a dumb show, and the moderator sounds like a barker in a side show. Yuk.

Edited by river8101, Oct 30, 2009 @ 6:12 PM.