S5 - Jerell Scott: Men on Film

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

113 replies to this topic

Lulus Pie Shop

Lulus Pie Shop

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2008 @ 11:28 AM

28, Houston, Texas
wins: 0/0
education:
favorite designers: Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood, and Karl Lagerfeld
fashion must: Great shoes
bio:
With a unique eye for details, Jerrell's designs are intricate and creative. Jerrell found his passion for fashion by way of modeling. The former model admits to not being able to afford "the cool stuff" in his early career, and so he taught himself how to make what he wanted to wear. He describes himself as eclectic and bold and wants to create pieces that express people's individualities. Inspired by life, Jerrell classifies his designs as "raw beauty."

The clothes he is wearing in that photo make him look like he pulled everything out of a bin at Goodwill and threw it all on. Snap judgement based on that pic: I wouldn't expect him to last long at all.

erino

erino

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2008 @ 2:52 PM

This season's Ricky with the hats.... What is it with hats? I watched episode 1 of the Australia show, and the cute little brunette wears a goofy hat; Ricky; Marion; Jay...

And he was a model. Hmmm...

Hammaboo

Hammaboo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2008 @ 1:51 PM

Snap judgement based on that pic: I wouldn't expect him to last long at all

That was my first thought at looking through the profiles too.

PorkFat

PorkFat

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2008 @ 5:22 PM

Yeah, he looks like a street urchin in his profile pic. And not in a good way.

Derelicte?

carmelized

carmelized

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2008 @ 6:36 PM

I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach with Jerell, because Jay looked like a street person sometimes, but he had a lot of flair when it came to designing for women, and won the whole shebang in the first season.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

• Interests:Child welfare and social reform

Posted Jul 17, 2008 @ 12:46 AM

I thought Jerell was smart and clever and pegged a couple of his competitors very quickly. He's got talent, I liked what he did tonight. And he's got an individual personality -- he's not going to get lost in the crowd.

Balthier

Balthier

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2008 @ 4:13 AM

Definitely talented, judging by that awesome dress tonight. He certainly deserved the automatic "in" from Heidi.

I like his sense of calm and will be hoping he goes far, at least to the midpoint of the competition.

snr

snr

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2008 @ 8:12 AM

Jerell did say the only really quotable snark in the first episode that I can remember when he was bitching about Blayne and the "girlicious" stuff: "Take that, put it in a box and bring it back to the Girls Next Door". Hee.

Redred

Redred

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 2:14 PM

I love Jerell, he's been my favourite personality wise from the start. "Team ugly brown fabric", and "She snatched up my model! Oooh I'm so salty!" Had me laughing.

I don't think much of his designs though, hopefully he'll do something decent.

Edited by Redred, Jul 24, 2008 @ 2:14 PM.

TappyOca

TappyOca

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 3:31 PM

Jerell gets the 'line of the season' (even though it's only been two episodes LOL)

'remnants of nonsense'

Edited by TappyOca, Jul 24, 2008 @ 3:31 PM.

LingPetunia

LingPetunia

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 4:30 PM

I loved the "remnants of nonsense" line too. I do like his personality a lot so far, but I feel he has the propensity to play to the cameras too much. Hopefully he doesn't try to take over the show with his funny bitchery. I do think he's the best looking guy there.

Edited by LingPetunia, Jul 24, 2008 @ 4:31 PM.

heckkitty

heckkitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 6:36 PM

I hope he does take over the show with his funny bitchery - it beats the hell out of "blank-ilicious".

Balthier

Balthier

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 7:56 PM

He's clearly the snarker, and I'll enjoy all of his snarkage for as long as he's around.

sosalty

sosalty

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 11:22 PM

I think he's talented and will likely make the top three. I can not stand his personality as he presents it during interviews. I just want to sock him. Thanks for filling the stereotypical bitchy gay guy role! However, when he's not putting on that act he seems like a nice guy.

Edited by sosalty, Jul 24, 2008 @ 11:23 PM.

LocaCola

LocaCola

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 11:59 PM

I love Jerell, he's been my favourite personality wise from the start. "Team ugly brown fabric", and "She snatched up my model! Oooh I'm so salty!" Had me laughing.

I don't think much of his designs though, hopefully he'll do something decent.

ITA. I really want to like him, but that dress he made makes it hard. It looked like a showgirl exploded. Yikes!

boogity bee

boogity bee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 9:07 AM

I actually liked his dress this week, if he had made the halter/neckline fit better. It seems like so far he might have kind of a camp/drag aesthetic. I doubt the judges will consider that fashion, though. I thought I read on the Bravo webpage that RuPaul was one of the guest judges, and I'd like to see what he could make for her.

Plus he has good snark, and I like that.

Somethyme

Somethyme

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 10:32 AM

He may snark nicely, but that "dress" was the most heinous thing I have seen in a long while. It was beyond ghastly.

ams627

ams627

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 11:57 PM

I can appreciate a snarky contestant so long as there's talent to back up the snark... and Jerell doesn't. Or at least he hasn't shown enough of it to me to back up all the snark he delivers.

SemperFiKid

SemperFiKid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 30, 2008 @ 9:28 PM

I'm glad Jerell lasted to show he can create something as beautiful as the dress he sent down the runway tonight. I get that the judges maybe wouldn't have put it in the top three for a challenge that was technically for something for "a night out on the town", but I still can't believe it got no recognition! The judges should talk about more outfits than the top/bottom three.
For middle-of-the-pack outfits, Jerell has some of the best. Silly as they were, I loved the mini paper umbrellas lining the top of his Gristedes outfit. His piece last week was also really interesting though the fit of the halter sucked.
I think Jerell has a shot at doing really well in this competition.

Fuzubanu

Fuzubanu

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 4:00 PM

Jerell is catching my attention early on like Chris did last season. I was impressed with how his gown looked coming down the runway, even if it is not the ideal thing to wear on a night out on the town. Glad they haven't decided to boot him yet for not being "__-licious" enough

Lulus Pie Shop

Lulus Pie Shop

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 9:34 AM

Jerell's outfit this week was amazing--I was pleasantly surprised, especially since we saw so little of it or him throughout the episode. That pose the model struck behind the scrim was gorgeous.

Penelo

Penelo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 5:03 PM

I like Jerell, and I liked his outfit this week. Shame it wasn't in the top three. I'd have preferred it there over Kenley's.

hoodooznoodoooz

hoodooznoodoooz

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 6:03 PM

Sigh. No one responded to my post in the episode thread. I'll try posting here. (But I hope doing this doesn't anger anyone.)

I have a question. I thought that Tim told Jerell and two other designers to find their inspiration downtown, in the West Village or something (at one point we see the street signs for Barrow & 7th Avenue South). But I looked at his photo twice, & it really looked like Columbus Circle.

starzNstilettos

starzNstilettos

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 5, 2008 @ 5:15 PM

I also like Jerell. I think that he has potential and hopefully after the beauty of his recent gown, he will continue to utilize his talent and finally get some deserved attention. I don't mind his snarkiness, I hope he just keeps it actually entertaining and doesn't overdo it because then it will just get annoying. Also, am I the only one that thinks he's hot as hell?! Haha. He and Daniel (and Wes when he was one) are such wonderful eye candy.

SemperFiKid

SemperFiKid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 9:06 PM

Oy, he was super-disappointing this week. It wasn't a monstrosity exactly but I definitely cringed when the hat came out. I hope next week doesn't crush my high expectations for him even more.

paganstar

paganstar

Couch Potato

• Interests:Gardening, Writing, and Science Fiction

Posted Aug 6, 2008 @ 9:40 PM

I don't know what was worse; what he wore or that bo-peep goes to the 1924 Olympics get-up he sent down the runway.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

• Interests:Child welfare and social reform

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 2:34 AM

Jerell himself was channeling Peter Pan tonight! But I have to thank him for one of the biggest laughs I've ever had with my Project Runway. His design was fugly enough -- but topped off with that travesty of a hat made my head explode!

ChanelCupcake

ChanelCupcake

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 3:09 AM

What was up with the Robin Hood look tonight?

I think he is adorable and the outfit was well made, but not for the Olympics.

I like him just based on his personality!

Penelo

Penelo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 3:19 AM

I definitely thought he designed his outfit well tonight, but yeah, it definitely didn't scream "Olympics."

Still, as the judges said, there was some thought behind it, so I'm glad he managed to stay. And I'm glad he wasn't in the bottom two, especially considering Daniel and the now-ousted Jennifer's outfits.

BenPanced

BenPanced

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 10:29 AM

Anybody else look at his outfit and think "costume for a chorus girl in a Broadway revival from the 1920's"? Just me? Okay.

*sits down again*