Just a question, since I didn't watch much of last season until it got down to five or six acts left.......does anyone remember what the top 10 breakdown was last year in terms of the number of singers vs. dancers vs. magicians vs. other?
1)Terry Fator could technically
be considered a singer. His MySpace page does have original sogs.
2) Kas Murphy (I think that was his last name) was kind of a regae singer
3) "Buttercup" was a beatboxer that somehow made it to the finals (she should have not even made it past the auditions IMO)
4) There was this blonde teen that had sad puppy dog eyes but IMO, had a good voice (her song choice for the final vote killed her)
5) some Philidelphian sewage worker that should have gotten in the final 4 over "Buttercup" because he had an amazing singing voice (but is too old for AI) [but if he made it to the finals, he would have beaten Terry, so I'm torn)
6) The Glamazons. Four BBW Burlesqu performers who did the impossible and made me enjoy disco. (unlike the burlesqu women we've seen in the first ep, The Glamazons have talent, looks, and class)
I don't remember who made out the bottom 4 in the top 10. Trying to remember when Johnny Come Lately (a really cool teen Rock-a-billy group was sent home)
That was just a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure I [joyously] laughed through the whole thing. It was just so enjoyable. I'm pretty sure they picked the perfect song for their act. I wonder if they anything else in their repertoire.
The team mascots doing The Tootsie Roll. What can I say. Was it the best act? Not really. But would I pay to see them? Yeah. They made me laugh and I just like that.
I'm not denying it was fun. Them, James Gang and the Sinatra singer are the three I'd pay to see. Any act that gets Peirce to laugh can't be that bad.