The Mentalist: The Other Fake Psychic Detective

• Please log in to reply

11261 replies to this topic

VoiceofJoy

VoiceofJoy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 7:09 AM

I'm really enjoying everyone's take on last night's ep.  One thing's for sure.  The writers are Hitchcock fans.   There's been the North by Northwest reference, the Birds, and now Vertigo.  Next week looks like it may be a hat tip to Rear Window?  All I ask, writers, is when you write that scene from Psycho, have mercy on us poor ladies who have had to endure Patrick Jane all trussed up in a 3 piece suit for 6 years and let it be Jane in the shower?  *grin*  I'm sure there are other Hitchcock references that I have missed entirely.

But I digress.  Wedding in Red.  I was never that invested in the Rigsby/VanPelt relationship, but this was very sweet, and the performances from all the cast members were outstanding, I thought.  VanPelt's admission about loss of hope, and RIgsby's face watching her was very well done.  Cho was on fire as Mr. Smartass, (did you knock up Van Pelt, too?) and we even got a genuine smile from him in the end.  And then there was Lisbon's face during the proposal, and Jane's face at the wedding, both of which may have made me get a little watery eyed (not that I'm admitting it).

The case of the week was just a device, but the highlight for me was the quirky bridesmaid who found "there was a strength in the power of social invisibility" and thought she could have loved the victim.  And there was the great line from the bride's alkie mom "She was an English major - she just sounds superior." (or something to that effect)

On the RJ front, Partridge has been eliminated (if you believe he's really dead), but then Bertram was made suspicious, then Haffner, and now McAllister. (and yes, Ron is getting suspicious) I was thinking they were just going to plod along and serially make the other six stronger suspects, but it looks like we will break the pattern next week because:

Spoiler

All those not interested in the Jane/Lisbon pairing would do well to skip this last part entirely:

Can we talk about Jane putting on Lisbon's jacket, fixing her hair and grabbing her purse? No? It's just me fangirling? OK then.

I'm happily plopped down on your fangirl bench, MaiLuna.

How "married" was Jane's putting Lisbon's coat on and wrangling her hair?  (just couldn't resist touching that hair again, could ya, Patrick, after you got a taste in the hospital?)

I'd like to point out that Jane and LIsbon walked down the aisle of a church together in this episode.  Please, writers, may that be foreshadowing...

Jane saying he'd "Marry Lisbon off in a minute."  I think the writers added an extra word there, so I've fixed it for them.  (for some reason my line through "off" is not showing up like it's supposed to, so just use your imagination)

Lisbon's face (well done, Robin Tunney) at RIgsby's proposal.   There's still a romantic in there somewhere, even if it is sitting under piles of guns and stuff.  How appropriate that work should interrupt her being a bit moved while allowing herself to think of love.

Finally, how good is Simon Baker?  He broke my heart a little bit again with just a look.  I couldn't help but notice  that with the arrangement of the door, the marrying couple, and Lisbon, Jane could look directly past the couple and see Lisbon in that room.  We don't actually know who he was looking at, do we?

Maybe best of all, Jane is peeking through the door at "love", and even though he weakly attempts to close that door, it opens again instead.  Please let this be not just my fangirling, but a lovely metaphor.

Edited by VoiceofJoy, Oct 14, 2013 @ 8:17 AM.

luculent

luculent

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 9:12 AM

I was waiting for someone to take a bite of that wedding cake...   *evil grin*

VoiceofJoy I thought the phrase' I could marry you off in a minute' was meant to elicit that response. It is so close to 'I could marry you in a minute' that I think we're supposed to wonder.

MaiLuna call me a disgrace to the female gender, but a 'masterful' Jane is something to see. First his arranging Lisbon's hair, mimicking the hospital, then the jacket. I remember a scene in the Redmund High School ep, where Jane does the same thing. Then words to the effect, we're going to Napa. Yes dear!

My thought about Ron is that when Jane says, 'I could marry you off in a minute' and Ron walks by, he is almost saying, well here's a candidate. Just funny and Jane speaking tongue in cheek. I dunno. (Of course, Ron. Cannot. Be. Red. John.)

My favourite scene was Jane clambering on all fours back to solid ground from the roof, with us having a great view of his rear. Hilarious, for the ever-elegant Jane.

McAllister - nothing more discerned really, except he's still the sleaze, eyeing Mrs. Bonner up and down, as he did with Grace in ep 102; and creepy as ever, especially with his hunting talk.

Lull before the storm and what a storm it looks to be.

ETA, hours later: Regarding the sweet office scene between Lisbon and Jane, perhaps that's why Lisbon forgot her bag. I know I'd be forgetful if PJ/SB re-arranged my hair like that.

Edited by luculent, Oct 14, 2013 @ 2:34 PM.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:47 AM

I used to think that 'CBI Ron' was just an extra that was used fairly often to add a bit of realism to the actual CBI headquarters, but now I am starting to buy into the discussion of him being a RJ minion.

I'm being sarcastic, but isn't everyone outside the team an RJ minion? It seems like everyone is in on it all the time. I'm just not a fan of where the RJ plot went.

I've always had a problem believing that Jane would stay with the department once he found RJ, which is why I thought finding RJ would be the series ender.  It looks like they are going to have him stay though, so I'm going to have a disconnect because that just isn't who I see Jane being.

That's fair, but alternatively, Jane maybe could grow up and realize that he's really helped a lot of people in this job and the work itself is actually rewarding separate from his constant desperate chase of RJ. For example, the episode with the trouble vet from last year, Jane volunteered to help him after the case was solved. I think he was sleepwalking. It was a nice character moment that seems to have taken a backseat to RJ all the time now.

I know that not every crime in every episode will be RJ-related, but this episode was boring. The bride was boorish. "It's my wedding day and I'll do and say what I want." Good bye.

Though I do appreciate that McAllister was smart enough to ping that Jane was up to something though. I'm just not buying that these 7 are RJ. I guess I would have liked to know something about Jane's thought process in coming up with them. Or do some actual investigative work.

SmallNatural30

SmallNatural30

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 1:06 PM

I'm being sarcastic, but isn't everyone outside the team an RJ minion? It seems like everyone is in on it all the time. I'm just not a fan of where the RJ plot went. - ganesh

I can understand that.  All I meant was there has been one really "huh" 'suspicious' moment with Ron this season, and then last night (plus his rather unnoticeable moment in B-W.R.B.).  The one glaring one is from the s6 premiere; where Jane is passing Ron, who's on the phone, to ask if Ron's seen Lisbon, and then a few seconds later RJ - using Lisbon's phone - calls Jane.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 2:34 PM

By the way, forgot to mention one of those big HELLOs that jumped off the screen last night: The name of the winery where the family was gathered. It was called the Seven Graces.

Of course there is only one Grace Van Pelt, but remembering it made me look it up. Since I am not Catholic, I was unfamiliar with the exact meaning of the term, just knew there had to be one. Here there is a list of the Seven Graces. More about them can be found here. My list is paraphrased in less theological terms.

1) Peace for families.

2) Enlightenment regarding mysteries.

3) Consolation.

4) Asking and receiving.

5) Protection.

6) "I will visibly help them at the moment of their death; they will see the face of their Mother."

7) Eternal happiness.

luculent

luculent

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 3:00 PM

FrogsRule really beautiful, the seven graces.  Such a great pick-up.

They speak to both the case at hand and Wayne and Grace.  Agh, lovely, and too sad.

waynebo6

waynebo6

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 4:07 PM

Good catch on the seven graces, FrogsRule!

I've been thinking more about the significance of the pigeons scene from last episode and have some thoughts (besides the excellent Hitchcock reference):

1.In the first episode this season, when Lisbon investigates the derelict house, one room is full of... wait for it... pigeons.  I couldn't make out whether they were caged or "free range", but point being that RJ probably isn't afraid of them.  But as we saw at the end of this episode, MacCallister doesn't like them.  So if his age didn't already rule him out as RJ, his pigeon phobia does.

2.  Did the "woman" feeding the pigeons even look like a woman?  That was a pretty scary RED wig.

3.  I'm probably reaching with this last thought, but could RJ somehow be using the pigeons to spy?  After all, they're always around Jane's rooftop hideout.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 5:16 PM

I'd almost prefer if CBI Ron was RJ. They've showed him enough that we know he's there, and the hiding in plain sight is pretty funny. It's not like RJ is really a character enough that I'd call BS on it.

It's logical for Jane to guess that RJ could be in a position of authority. That doesn't necessarily make it true. As it is, we've come across very few people who have actually seen him or spoken face-to-face.

Edited by ganesh, Oct 14, 2013 @ 5:21 PM.

VoiceofJoy

VoiceofJoy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 5:46 PM

Oooh, good catch, Frogsrule.  Seven Graces.

2.  Did the "woman" feeding the pigeons even look like a woman?  That was a pretty scary RED wig.

3.  I'm probably reaching with this last thought, but could RJ somehow be using the pigeons to spy?  After all, they're always around Jane's rooftop hideout.

waynebo6, I admit I paused the recording of the "woman" feeding the pigeons because "her" knees looked awfully man like, and the hands were decidedly unfeminine.  But I thought maybe I was getting carried away.  Maybe it was Haffner in drag? (or a minion of some sort)

I love the idea of recorder laden pigeons! That's fantastic.

I'd almost prefer if CBI Ron was RJ.

That would be pretty funny, ganesh, given he's been under their noses the whole time (though so has Bertram).  

A couple more details:

Red John wears pointy toed black boots in the finale where he quotes the Blake poem to Jane (and saves his life).  

This is definitely a stretch (or a leap, as Jane would say) but did anyone notice that the wedding cake was green?  The MacArthur Park lyrics (the song that reminds Lisbon of her mother feeding pigeons) include "MacArthur Park is melting in the dark, All the sweet green icing, flowing down, Someone left the cake out in the rain..."

Edited by VoiceofJoy, Oct 14, 2013 @ 6:00 PM.

SmallNatural30

SmallNatural30

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 8:24 PM

This is definitely a stretch (or a leap, as Jane would say) but did anyone notice that the wedding cake was green?  The MacArthur Park lyrics (the song that reminds Lisbon of her mother feeding pigeons) include "MacArthur Park is melting in the dark, All the sweet green icing, flowing down, Someone left the cake out in the rain..." - VoiceofJoy

This is meant as a total compliment, but how do you people know or figure this stuff out?!  Lol.  Stuff like that will always be over my head and not really considered while watching, or afterwards.

And not to steal any of your thunder, but I'm not sure things like that are actual clues to either the CotW or RJ; their just there to see if people like yourself can connect the dots to things mentioned/discussed/seen in previous episodes that relate to the characters.

YumYum

YumYum

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

Voice of Joy....My god, I completely missed the MacArthur Park lyrics...must have dosed off!  One of my favorite oldies...dreadful song, but so wonderful.  I must watch this epi again.

The wedding gown was gorgeous...and she sure didn't show any post-baby bum.  I've never really liked Wayne and Grace...like zzzz zzzz...but I was very happy for them. 

SmallNatural30

SmallNatural30

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 12:49 AM

Since it was a broadcast preview trailer, following R.i.W., I'm going to guess talk/speculation about it doesn't need spoiler tags...

I should probably wait to see the whole episode first, but going on just was shown - Kirkland is off my list for possible RJ suspects.  Why make such a big deal about having been mislead about a list of suspects, and wanting the real list, if he is RJ?  Other than feeling like Jane's getting too close, and wants to throw him off the trail for as long as he can; that's the only explanation (IF RK is RJ).

So to make it short; based on what was shown - I believe that Kirkland will turn out to be not RJ or even a minion/accomplice, but as has been speculated, wants RJ dead/caught just as much as Jane does (for whatever his own personal reasons).

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 2:33 AM

It is so much fun coming here! Small Natural, Heller may or may not be feeding us clues with details like the MacArthur Park lyrics (I'm impressed, Voice of Joy!), but he and his writing crew sure make watching Mentalist more fun!

Really, the closest thing I can think of, with the intricate patterns that have been woven throughout the years, would be medieval and Renaissance literature, especially of the Germanic kind. Writers were practically obligated to use symbolic shorthand (nightingales, blue flowers, keys).

We probably will not know what these hints mean till after the fact, but that is what makes Mentalist so much fun to re-watch.

Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 6:10 AM

My God, y'all. I watch the episode and miss so much. Glad to come here and find some people who catch all this stuff. Or you could just be driving yourselves crazy looking for meaning when it's just a green cake. Either way, it's entertaining.

Of course, the minute McAlister came up on the roof no problem, and Jane was freaking out and crawled back like a baby, it made me wonder whether they were trying to send us a message with that as well. Consider me part of the "read stuff into the scenes" party.

My favouri

te scene was Jane clambering on all fours back to solid ground from the roof, with us having a great view of his rear. Hilarious, for the ever-elegant Jane.

EEEEEEE! I kept thinking, "Nice ass, Simon. And no panty lines, either."

I watched again. McAllister says, "I didn't see that coming. I hate those things." So, he said both lines.

Can I just say that the sweet "riding off into the sunset" moment was ruined for me, because I was waiting for something really horrible to happen as they trotted off in their carriage? Like, even Cho is sitting there all "awwww" and he's pretty stoic usually. So I thought for sure BOOM! Then I was going to come here and gloat. Alas, no.

Cho's "So you want it to be my fault" was the best line of the night for me.

Rear Window stuff makes me crazy. Is that what next week's episode is based on?

And Kirkland...THERE you are! And ready to cut off Jane's finger, too! I can't see him being RJ. I mean, it's not like they're trying to hide his sadistic nature. I'm assuming Lisbon's gonna put some lead in him before he can torture Jane, and that will narrow down the list of suspects even further. Kirkland isn't subtle. RJ likes the art of killing. He takes his time. Kirkland is creepy and manipulative, but he doesn't have the same finesse RJ seems to have.

That's fair, but alternatively, Jane maybe could grow up and realize that he's really helped a lot of people in this job and the work itself is actually rewarding separate from his constant desperate chase of RJ. 

I agree. As much as Jane tries to say he doesn't care about people, I can totally see him continuing on after RJ. I mean, he's been doing this for years now. Formed bonds despite himself. If nothing else, he loves solving the mysteries. That rush would be gone. He needs something to keep his mind occupied. We've seen what happens when Jane has nothing to do and goes to the dark place. When he started with the CBI, he was sleeping under the bloody happy face. So, ya know...

cam3150

cam3150

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 10:02 AM

The wedding gown was gorgeous

It really was!  In regards to the dress, I missed something. Why did Grace have it again? I mean, I heard her explanation and I understand why she kept it but I still couldn't really figure out at what point she originally bought it and why?  When she was dating Wayne before or when she was engaged to the guy who ended up  being a baddie (sorry, don't remember his name). If that's the case, it's a little odd that she would marry Wayne in a dress she bought for to wear for someone else. 

I want to agree with previous posters and say a big THANK YOU to those viewers who scrutinize every detail and what it might mean to the big picture. I don't do that so it's nice to come here and read all of ideas about what may or may not be clues. Man, I miss A LOT while watching this show!!

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 11:54 AM

I thought it was weird, too, that she'd recycle the O'Loughlin wedding gown.  At least Lisbon didn't have to wear a frou-frou bridesmaid dress this time.

DrLar

DrLar

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 12:08 PM

I don't know but it was weird that she keep the wedding dress from the Red John minion she was going to marry, considering what he did she should have burned it.

gazebo

gazebo

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 12:21 PM

I don't know but it was weird that she keep the wedding dress from the Red John minion she was going to marry, considering what he did she should have burned it.

Agreed!  If I were her, I would've given it away or thrown it away.  But I guess Grace made peace with how horribly her relationship with her last fiancee ended.  The wedding gown was gorgeous, though.

Finally, Grace and Rigsby gets married!  I think I had been waiting for this moment for years and I was so happy that it finally happened.  What was oddly touching and sad was Patrick Jayne spying at the wedding through a crack from the door.  Why didn't he go in the room to see the wedding?  It just made me feel sad for Jayne that he still thinks of himself as an outsider, not really being able to partake of any normal interaction, happy or otherwise because of the devastating loss he suffered.  Seeing his true face, the one without the smirk and the snark, and seeing him smile through some tears was absolutely touching and sweet.  Makes me desperately wish that Patrick Jayne can get his revenge on Red John and go find some much long awaited happiness.

So, when is this Red John bullshit going to end????  This storyline is just getting too old and stale.

Dezdemona

Dezdemona

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 1:02 PM

The wedding was sweet, but the proposal was the best of all.   There were some lovely emotional beats in this episode.  Grace was poignant talking so candidly about how she let love get away to save her career, and all that came after and the fears that left her with.  I'm glad they resolved the VP-Rigsby romance so quickly and simply.  Now I'm crossing my fingers that we don't lose one of them in that horrible way shows have of killing off somebody who just got their happiness.

As to the RJ mystery, I enjoy reading all your speculations but have nothing of substance to add to it.   I'm just going along for the ride in the early part of the season.  I hope my own foggy understanding and theories will clarify as we get further along.

Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 1:21 PM

Oh yeah, count me in as horrified she saved the wedding dress from her almost-wedding to a murderer, Like, yeah, you want THAT memory lying around. I'd think it was bad juju, tainting my future marriage. 

forumfish

forumfish

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 1:57 PM

I don't remember much about the pre-wedding stuff from Grace and RJ Minion's engagement (except for Jane's "you're an angry little princess" line), but perhaps Grace already had the dress. You know, she so very much wanted a fairytale wedding, she could have found the "perfect" dress long before meeting Mr. Minion. If that's the case, the dress itself wouldn't be tied to that particular pairing.

Just a thought.

DrLar

DrLar

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 4:38 PM

So, when is this Red John bullshit going to end????

CBS says "the end of the Red John saga" this season, I don't know if mid-season or until the end...

MaiLuna

MaiLuna

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 5:04 PM

The Red John storyline will end before the end of 2013, more specifically:

Spoiler

About Grace's wedding dress, she did buy it for her wedding with O'Laughlin. She went dress shopping in season 3 episode 18 "The Red Mile" (the alien abduction/Dr Steiner episode). 

I've been looking for pigeon symbolism (there has to be something there) and these are the most interesting things I've found:

Whereas doves are perceived as blessed or pure, pigeons are often perceived as dirty pests.
The pigeon is a determined creature. It will stay in an area as long as there is food, despite attempts by humans or other birds to chase it away. The pigeon sighting can encourage you to be stubborn and hang in there, regardless of what challenges are thrown in your path.

The pigeon also has strong connections to house and home. If a pigeon appears to you, take a look at your relationship with your home. What does it represent to you? What would you like it to be for you? If these things don’t match up, you know you have work to do. The pigeon is safest in a flock. Don’t discount the strength and support found in a community. Furthermore, remember the importance of communication within that community; don’t assume people know things just because you do. Make sure everyone is in the loop regarding important information.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 5:29 PM

MaiLuna, that last quote is probably most apt for Mentalist.

The pigeon is safest in a flock. Don’t discount the strength and support found in a community. Furthermore, remember the importance of communication within that community; don’t assume people know things just because you do. Make sure everyone is in the loop regarding important information.

And I may be slow, but I just realized that Bruno Heller is not only the son of Lukas Heller (Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, etc.), but grandson of Hermann Heller. Were it not for the Holocaust, grandfather Heller would be a much better-known figure in the philosophy of politics. Left-leaning without dipping into Communism, he "updated" older political movements, making them relevant in the early 1900s.

He must have been quite important in his day, because he was in the initial wave of Jewish Germans exiled (1933). He died shortly after being exiled.

If our conversations about Heller's work are fun, can you imagine what conversations with Heller must be like?

Speaking of which: He seems to have backed off from the revenge versus justice theme that has pervaded Mentalist till now. But I am halfway expecting for it to come roaring back - yes, with a vengeance.

SmallNatural30

SmallNatural30

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 6:53 PM

And Kirkland...THERE you are! And ready to cut off Jane's finger, too! I can't see him being RJ. I mean, it's not like they're trying to hide his sadistic nature. I'm assuming Lisbon's gonna put some lead in him before he can torture Jane, and that will narrow down the list of suspects even further. Kirkland isn't subtle. RJ likes the art of killing. He takes his time. Kirkland is creepy and manipulative, but he doesn't have the same finesse RJ seems to have. - Green Eyez

That is a good safe assumption... but I wouldn't be surprised, in the slightest, if Red John - masked and in a big black coat, like back in R.S.a.M - busts in and take out RK before he can permanently harm PJ, and then cryptically taunting Jane about how "their final 'game'" is getting nearer and nearer.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 7:30 PM

This is going to end like the Prisoner with RJ being Jane in a weirdo mask and then everyone sings. I could get behind that.

keepwalking

keepwalking

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 7:40 PM

I'll echo everyone's statements regarding the wedding dress. I thought it was beautiful. Amanda looked radiant in that dress. It was kind of nice that they got married...I think it was way too fast, but it was really sweet and it's nice seeing the characters happy for a bit.

Kirkland is really creepy, but there has to be some underlying reason why he wants Red John so much. He's willing to torture Jane to get information about it. Patrick has been here before. Kirkland isn't the first person to try to cut off his fingers! I am agreeing that Kirkland isn't Red John either...Red John knows who is on Patrick's list. Unless this is some sort of fake out..but I don't think it would be. RJ said via Lorelei in the video "l..until you catch me, or I catch you." I think Patrick being tied to a chair would constitute him catching Patrick! 

I don't know if this has been stated anywhere, but I totally think that Red John did something to Lisbon when he had her. There is no way that he would let her go without doing something. Killing Lisbon would've been pretty crippling for Patrick in several ways, so there must be some benefit to him to keep her alive. 

I am really interested in this Red John story closing and seeing the aftermath. Patrick has stated that he "has nothing else to do." He's been seeking this killer for the past several years..where do you go when it's over? I hope that they do that story right. I am also in the Jane/Lisbon camp of liking their relationship. I don't think I will mind it staying platonic and I don't think I will mind them getting romantic. I just love watching them interact and as long as the show does justice to that relationship and it makes sense to the story I think I'll be okay. Although, I will admit part of me might be disappointed if they don't even share a real kiss.. 

ETA - I couldn't tell you how disappointed I would be if Red John is Patrick.

Edited by keepwalking, Oct 15, 2013 @ 7:41 PM.

VoiceofJoy

VoiceofJoy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 9:33 PM

Heller may or may not be feeding us clues with details like the MacArthur Park lyrics, but he and his writing crew sure make watchingMentalist more fun!

I agree, Frogsrule.  Most of these little things aren't important in any way, and we may be imagining a lot of connections that aren't there, but the devil is in the details.  Looking for this stuff is part of the fun (for my crazy self, anyway) and no one is harmed in the surmising.

(BTW, if that cake was "just a green cake," it certainly was butt ugly.  Surely there was a reason for that...)  *grin*

I'm expecting a bad end for Van Pelt and Rigsby as well.  When Rigsby takes his vows, he says something like "for the rest of our lives and whatever comes after."  

*cue dissonant organ music*

Also, Green Eyez, I was just wondering about Rear Window because Jane has a wheelchair stance in that scene.  There's really nothing to suggest any association.  However, I was reading about some other Hitchcock films I'm not familiar with, and apparently there's one character in one of them who has a fear of the color red.   Make of that what you will.

MiaLuna, didn't Rigsby take Van Pelt to get her wedding dress fitted?  I vaguely remember his longing, puppy dog glances into the dress shop.

I'm still liking the "pigeons as transportation for tiny little surveillance bugs" theory that waynebo6 suggested, rather than pigeons as symbols. And I still like Haffner for it.  If Haffner isn't actually RJ, he's a minion whose reward is Teresa Lisbon.

Oh, and Bob, hon, if you so much as harm a cuticle on those lovely, sensuous hands of Patrick Jane's, I'm taking you out myself.

Edited by VoiceofJoy, Oct 15, 2013 @ 10:49 PM.

Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 11:42 PM

Oh, and Bob, hon, if you so much as harm a cuticle on those lovely, sensuous hands of Patrick Jane's, I'm taking you out myself. VoiceOfJoy

HOT! And I'll absolutely be beside you holding him down while you stuff green cake down his throat.

I think I was looking down or didn't see the green cake, but green cake at a wedding? Um, no. Always white. I was kidding about it being just a green cake. Number one,t he way this show talks about color, if something is colorful and out of place, you can guarantee it means something. And two, if it's really ugly, they must have wanted us to really notice it. (I didn't. But you more observant people did.)

but I wouldn't be surprised, in the slightest, if Red John - masked and in a big black coat, like back in R.S.a.M -busts in and take out RK before he can permanently harm PJ, 

Interesting theory, SmallNatural. We'll see if he dies of lead poisoning or red dye #40.

MaiLuna

MaiLuna

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 16, 2013 @ 12:57 AM

MiaLuna, didn't Rigsby take Van Pelt to get her wedding dress fitted?  I vaguely remember his longing, puppy dog glances into the dress shop.

He did. 

About the finger cutting, I'm not so sure about it yet since in the promo:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zBE1vP5QKKs

in the shot of someone trying to cut a man's finger off; Jane is not the victim. When Jane is shown in the chair he has a white shirt and his vest and coat. And the man who's getting his finger cut is just wearing a plaid shirt.