2-3: "Red Carpet Worthy" 2008.07.09

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

69 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2008 @ 1:13 PM

Hair, hair and more hair. The stylists creativity is tested when they find their clients have extremely long hair, some even down to the floor, and they must give them a new look without cutting a single strand of hair. For the elimination challenge, the stylists need to create a glamorous look for clients who will be walking the red carpet at an event. Will they bring out all the stops or create a look that lands them on the “worst-hair list?” Famed stylists Campbell McAuley (clients include Lindsay Lohan and Tori Spelling) and Mark Townsend (clients include Cate Blanchett and Penelope Cruz) join as guest judges along with actress Allison Sweeney, star of NBC’s “The Biggest Loser.”

SenshiG

SenshiG

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:01 PM

I am not even joking when I say: If Charlie keeps winning for mediocre styles, I'm not going to watch this show anymore. God! Does the man have hypnotic eyes or something?

emaf

emaf

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:02 PM

"My wife my wife my wife. My wife is the best. She's so amazing. I love my wife. I miss my wife. I can't wait to get back to my wife."

=

"I'm not gay. I swear I'm not gay. You think I'm gay? I'm so totally not gay. Liking dick doesn't make me gay, right?"

galore

galore

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:03 PM

wife.wife.wife.wife.wife.I'll be so HAPPY (not GAY!) back with my wifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewife.....

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

• Interests:Gardening

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:04 PM

Dee, you are a very pretty woman - that is, when you wear a hat and cover the awful brass chunks in your hair. I've been too distracted by the brass to notice your beauty. (Also, whoever is poking you between the shoulder blades giving you that perma-surprise look should stop!)

Nicole, no one wants to hear their hairdresser whine and complain about how thin their client's hair is. That's a terrible thing to keep harping on. Especially on TV!

And all you stylists? Swearing in front of clients you don't know? I know you think that makes you seem cool, but it doesn't.

The selection order for the elimination challenge was a moot point. So you get to choose a dress, you still don't get to see the client's hair before choosing. Dumb.

I didn't like most of the red carpet looks. Charlie must have used a bucket of dippity do! You could SEE the gel! When they said it would last, I thought “yeah, for a week!” I don't think he deserved to win. I loved Glenn's and Gail's. I would have been much happier if one of them won.

Bye bye stupid Matt. I wonder if he's married? (Jinx Ashforth!) (The comment about his wife being “great in bed” made no sense, right?)

Edited by CrumbyButtons, Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:05 PM.

Ashforth

Ashforth

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:04 PM

Poor Matthew, he should have listened to his model. I wonder if he is married?

(hee, jinx back at ya, CrumbyButtons)

Nicole, no one wants to hear their hairdresser whine and complain about how thin their client's hair is. That's a terrible thing to keep harping on. Especially on TV!

She should have been booted for that. She was a pure asshole to that client/hair model. NO ONE wants a hairdresser who says, well, I can't do a thing with your shitty hair.

Edited by Ashforth, Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:08 PM.

lilshorty

lilshorty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:11 PM

WTF's up with the question and answer period at the beginning before the short cut challenge? I don't care what the designer's think about the competition nor who Charlie thinks is the weakest link. Thanks producer's for trying to stir up unneeded shit.

With that said...I liked Charlie's red carpet look and I thought it was beautiful. Matthew's red carpet look was just atrocious. His short cut was nice but mediocre at best. I do believe that there may be some unneccessary cattiness on the show, but still the verdict was out and Matt needed to go. Atleast he's now with his wife. :P

AlisAforthought

AlisAforthought

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:13 PM

Bye bye he who is married to she of the golden snatch.

I loved Paulo's final style.

JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower

Stalker

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:13 PM

(The comment about his wife being “great in bed” made no sense, right?)

What was that?!? I mean, there's a lot to say, but not that. She kept bitching about Matt and I kept thinking, I think you're less likable than him.

And what's up with Meredith's eyebrows? They are out of control. She needs to tame those puppies fast.

And count me in to those who wanted Nicole to get the boot for complaining in the manner she did about her client's hair. SO unprofessional.

Edited by JasmineFlower, Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:14 PM.

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:19 PM

What's even worse is that the only thing she could think of to do with thin, fine hair was to make it look even thinner.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:20 PM

"My wife my wife my wife. My wife is the best. She's so amazing. I love my wife. I miss my wife. I can't wait to get back to my wife."

=

"I'm not gay. I swear I'm not gay. You think I'm gay? I'm so totally not gay. Liking dick doesn't make me gay, right?"
galore

wife.wife.wife.wife.wife.I'll be so HAPPY (not GAY!) back with my wifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewifewife.....

Ya think he has a wife?
Seriously once again Bravo proves itself the master of subtlety. I don't think I even knew who Mathew was before tonight. So when all we got was whine/wife/whine, I knew he was toast. Hiis red carpet look was AWFUL! However, I have to call BS on Charlie winning. I don't know who drunk the kool aid, but Gail or Glenn deserved that win. Also, I love Daniel, but boyfriend needs to
calm just a tad. Take it down to a 6 or so. You cannot pee your pants at everybody.

What's even worse is that the only thing she could think of to do with thin, fine hair was to make it look even thinner.

Yes! Why would you braid thin hair? Nicole needs to do less talking and better styling.

Edited by Puds38, Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:22 PM.

JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower

Stalker

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:23 PM

I liked Paulo's final style for the runway. Think he would have won had that been the challenge. Think it would look great if seen at Bryant Park. On the red carpet, I was imagining something getting stuck in her hair as she walked down to do press or her almost knocking someone out with it and that being the story that made it into the gossip rags the next day.

BeanyMalone

BeanyMalone

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:23 PM

Did anyone not figure out Matthew was going home? When they play the "I'll keep on doin' what I'm doin'" sound bite half way through the episode, it's a bit of a giveaway.

I liked Paulo's hairstyle. It would have been fine at the indie movie awards or the Grammies, but it didn't really go with the dress. I thought Gail would win. Both of the top two hairstyles were pretty boring. Good for Jaclyn Smith for giving them all a dressing down with her step it up speech.

And thanks, Nicole, for offering to be this year's Tabitha. Does pixie short blonde hair do that to a person? And thanks to you too, Charlie, for being this year's Tyson. Guess that dynanmic is going to be a Shear Genius staple.

And count me in to those who wanted Nicole to get the boot for complaining in the manner she did about her client's hair. SO unprofessional.

Models are used to being treated like lumps of meat (and I assume these women are professional or hoping to be professional models). Rolling her eyes at the judge was pretty stupid, though.

Edited by BeanyMalone, Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:27 PM.

wonald

wonald

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:47 PM

Nicole was a bitch to her short cut challenge model but I will admit that as soon as the models took down their hair, my eyes went to Nicole's model because her hair was too fine/thin to have hair that length. As a person who has thin hair myself, I should know.

Thought Charlie rightfully deserved this win. As soon as his model came out of the limo, it looked the epitome of red carpet hair to me.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 10:51 PM

Bye bye stupid Matt. I wonder if he's married? (Jinx Ashforth!) (The comment about his wife being “great in bed” made no sense, right?)

And she's a TEN!!! At least I can stop looking at him and see Mark McGrath gone fat.

I loved Paulo's final style.

I can see how it might be more runway that red carpet, but gee, it was a hell of a lot better than Matt's and shouldn't have been in the bottom 2.

I thought it was funny that Matt & Charlie's 's were basically the sasme but way on the opposite end of the scale. Glenn's was ok, but not the bomb that she thought it was.

Why do they keep teasing us with Kate Jackson. This season isn't shaping up (ha) as interesting as last year and I don't think it's just because it's season 2. I don't have the need to watch it over again like last year.

At least Tabs brought talent whereas Nicole is mucho in the middle.

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

• Interests:Gardening

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 11:08 PM

BTW, can you imagine having hair 64 inches long? That seems like more than a hassle - it seems like burden! I thought only Crystal Gayle had hair that long (and a personal hairdresser to take care of it so she doesn't have to!)

SenshiG

SenshiG

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 11:09 PM

The selection order for the elimination challenge was a moot point. So you get to choose a dress, you still don't get to see the client's hair before choosing. Dumb.

That was about the lamest "reward" for a short cut challenge you could get. If they were over-the-top, crazy gowns it would be one thing, but there wasn't any huge advantage or disadvantage to them (especially since really, only one hairstyle really "related" directly to the construction of the dress, right?).

I didn't think Charlie's hairstyle was bad -- I could see it on the red carpet -- but if I took a picture of that down to the local beauty parlor, I think they could hook me up just fine. It didn't say "one of America's top stylists!" to me.

By the way, I was really surprised how sloppy a lot of those updos looked, with some drooping curls and bad fly-aways. I guess as someone who's always used dirt-cheap mall salons, I thought the expensive pros would be much better, even under pressure. A few looked sleek, though.

Addition:

Did anyone else hope the elimination challenge was going to include chopping off those womens' super-long hair for Locks of Love or something?

Edited by SenshiG, Jul 9, 2008 @ 11:22 PM.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 11:16 PM

BTW, can you imagine having hair 64 inches long? That seems like more than a hassle - it seems like burden! I thought only Crystal Gayle had hair that long (and a personal hairdresser to take care of it so she doesn't have to!)

When I was 3-4 (1971/71), my dad went for training in San Antonio and my mom & I visited him there. Our waitress had hair that was in a ponytail and dragged way down her back nearly to the floor. Obviously, that's stayed with me for a very long time!

That was about the lamest "reward" for a short cut challenge you could get. If they were over-the-top, crazy gowns it would be one thing, but there wasn't any huge advantage or disadvantage to them (especially since really, only one hairstyle really "related" directly to the construction of the dress, right?).

They all seemed like the same dress that showed lots of cleavage.

I guess they're repurposing NBC hosts now too. Allison's from The Biggest Loser.

WWWBearFL

WWWBearFL

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 11:58 PM

I think Gail wuz robbed!!! I loved her style It really looked great on the model, and really worked well with the dress. Charlie's was kind of "meh". It really didn't do much for me, and his "I'm the biggest bitch here, bitch" attitude is really beginning to annoy me.

Paulo's was some kind of freaky hot tranny mess, and would have been great with a few of Christian Siriano's looks this year.

Matt DID commit the cardinal sin of not listening to his client. She TOLD you it wouldn't hold a curl. Does being a straight hair designer give you super powers and the ability to make limp hair hold a curl?

Gee, I didn't know that Matt had a wife. Gee, I must have missed that gem of information tonight.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 12:31 AM

It put me to sleep! Somebody here should start an alt uni thread so we can have hair fun!
I can't bear the whining & the gaying... I feel like I've swallowed a big-ass valium at the start of every ep.

Balthier

Balthier

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 12:53 AM

CrumbyButtons
Charlie must have used a bucket of dippity do! You could SEE the gel! When they said it would last, I thought “yeah, for a week!” I don't think he deserved to win. I loved Glenn's and Gail's. I would have been much happier if one of them won.

Agreed. I think Jaclyn must have some kind of bias since he was in the top three for the third time in a row. But this challenge was also about creativity, and Charlie showed none of it with that hairstyle. Gail and Glenn were both completely, totally robbed. I hated that Jaclyn used "dated" to describe Glenn's style, when the same could've been said for Charlie's, too. He absolutely did NOT deserve to win.

I was feeling pretty good about the bottom two, because I hated both Matthew and Paulo's styles, and I also dislike both of them. A lot. I figured Paulo might go for being in the bottom two twice in a row, but Matt's elimination made perfect sense. Disregarding the client is, as Jaclyn said, a "cardinal sin," and he committed it. Plus, I think I disliked him more than Paulo, anyway, so I'm glad he's gone.

As much as Nicole's behavior earlier in the episode bugged, I was in total agreement with her over the sucking up thing. Especially since it was to a guy who wasn't well-liked, anyway.

If things keep going the way they are now, I can see the F4 being Nicole, Charlie, Glenn, and anyone out of the group of Daniel, Gail, and Dee. Just based on editing, of course. I don't see Paulo, Meredith, or Nekisa cutting it.

Charlie and Paulo need to go next, and then, everyone I dislike or hate will be gone, leaving only the ones I like.

Edited by Balthier, Jul 10, 2008 @ 12:59 AM.

Pasasana

Pasasana

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 12:56 AM

I loved Paulos'. LOVED. And I would wear it on the red carpet if paired with the right dress. Granted, the times I've been on a red carpet no one has cared what my hair looked like, but ya know, a girl can dream.

Masem

Masem

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 1:05 AM

I will say at least both challenges were more interesting and, well, really challenges, than last weeks. Yea, the dresses could have been something different, but still, its lets the designers do what they do best instead of artificial challenges. I am 'not looking forward to next week (the quick cut appears to be "spend 30 minutes on one client, then switch and finish up on another client", while whatever the elimination challenge is, it will be judged immediately or even mid-style.

I did love the stoic "Your wife is not here." line. That was great.

bluestorm

bluestorm

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 1:27 AM

Gosh, it was so sad to see Matthew cut, wasn't it? And now that's he gone, I just can't seem to remember - is he married?

And, if he is, do you think it's a happy marriage? I bet it is.

I know I'd love to be married to someone who NEVER stop talking about me (only in relation to themselves, of course). Who based all their choices and decisions on me, even when the execution of those choices would be based on a model who apparently had hair NOTHING like mine. And who couldn't stand to be away from me for a couple of weeks, even it meant NATIONAL MEDIA EXPOSURE for our jointly-owned business which is now going to be a fucking LAUGHING-STOCK!!!

Hmmm, if Matthew is married, I wonder who wears the pants in that salon?

No, on second thought, I don't.

lnmop

lnmop

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 2:05 AM

So long, Matthew. I hope your wife is good in bed. (sheesh.)

I'm really not at all enthralled with these judges/hosts/mentors. Mr. Uncomfortably Big Lips is just hard to watch, Mr. Mentor is hard to understand, Ms. Biggest Loser Hostess didn't seem to belong (did anyone else wonder if she was thinking if they were allowed to cut the hair, she would have weighed it?), and Jaclyn (not Jacqueline) Smith with her man voice is getting hard to listen to.

Please please please, let new network shows begin so I have something to watch other than this dreck.

sundodger78

sundodger78

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 4:28 AM

Meh, this was a dull episode for me. I only liked two stylings in the elimination round and none in the quick snippiness. Almost all the stylings tonight were dull and sloppy. I think sloppy is my biggest complaint. And Nicole being compared to Tabitha? Tabitha handed out the b*tch attitude with flair. Nicole isn't even worthy of being called a b*tch. She should just have some more cheese with her whine.

bluestorm

bluestorm

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 4:44 AM

ok, seriously...

at this point, Charlie, in spite of his confusion of amusing bitchiness for annoying assholeness, seems to have proven himself to be quite talented in the hair-arranging department.

As has Daniel, despite his increasingly mortifying confessions of pop-culture pre-tween fandom...

Oh, sweetie, did you really say you peed yourself a little when you saw those shriveled orange hags last week? OMG!, I am SO sorry for you! And I say this as a (mostly) Southern queen, but I don't believe I would have said that out loud!! EVER!!! Especially in front of a camera!!! Oh, lord, what's your Mama gonna say? How are you gonna show your face at Thanksgiving?

and then at Christmas?!? with the baby Jesus? Daniel, honey, you better win this thing and bring Jaclyn Smith home for Christmas dinner. It's your only hope.

And I think there are still several blondes in the competition who I can't tell apart. I guess they're all doing ok. Oh, I do like the sassy one with the punk cut. She reminds me just a little bit of Tabatha!

Neriksa is the dark-haired, bangly one right? With the ugly blond streaks? Seems to wind up on the bottom a lot? Well, she does have spunk! and, sometimes, that'll get you further than you'd think!

OH! and Paulo! I like Paulo, yes I do. I know, he's funny looking and I wouldn't let him cut MY hair, but he seems nice and he's done some good hair so far. I think he may just "turn it out" and surprise some people!

Did I forget anyone?

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 5:57 AM

Did anyone else hope the elimination challenge was going to include chopping off those womens' super-long hair for Locks of Love or something?

I did. Some of those women needed a good 5-10 inches cut anyway. The hair didn't really look that healthy to me and I have never understood the reasoning behind keeping hair that long. Especially when it reaches the point where you are pretty much locked into just letting it hang. Half the time the people I have seen doing that look like cousin it.

cherry malotte

cherry malotte

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 8:04 AM

Is it just me or is the show kinda mean this year? And not a good bitchy mean, just meany mean. There's just this undercurrent I'm picking up and I'm not liking it.

Paulo's would look fab on the runway, I loved it. On a red carpet though it would have got the gal in the 'what were they thinking' highlight in Star magazine.

I used to have butt length late 60's Cher hair but kept it trimmed and neat looking. It was a bitch to take care of, let me assure you...that gal with the 63 inches of hair, I have no idea how you'd keep up after it.

I liked Charlies, didn't love it. Gail's do was cute, as was Glenn's style. I think Gail should have got this one.

BeanyMalone

BeanyMalone

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 8:28 AM

It's kind of bizarre that "red carpet hair" is an actual category. Ten random hair stylists creating "red carpet hair" for ten random nobodies. Weird, really. But that's why this episode was dull. Because "red carpet hair" is dull. Red carpet everything is dull. You would think that "red carpet hair" would make a statement about the personal style of entertainer or celebrity walking the red carpet; that it wouldn't exist apart from a living, breathing individual woman. But in reality it's a uniform that women in certain industries have to put on every so often just so tittle tattle media outlets don't notice too much, because if they did they might point and laugh. All in all, about as creative as a necktie. And apparently the stylist would be pointed at and laughed at, too, according to the guest judge. I would have thought a hair stylist in Hollywood would be a collaborator in, and a fierce defender of, his client's self expression. But apparently not. As Paulo found out. Too bad he didn't or couldn't make a plea for the return of individual style.

The color Charlie did on his model's hair was beautiful and probably what got him the win. Nicole deserved to be in the bottom two of the short cut not for dissing her model, but because she gave up and copped an attitude while doing it. Rather than corn rows, which diminished what little volume there was, why not frizz it up? Because that would be actual, you know, work?

Edited by BeanyMalone, Jul 10, 2008 @ 8:29 AM.