Everything you wanted in the worst possible way. The BSG corrupt-a-wish thread.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

76 replies to this topic

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

• Interests:Books, yoga, marathons, books, TV, movies, books, tennis, traveling, books, theater, museums...and did I mention books?

Posted Mar 28, 2009 @ 10:12 PM

Granted! But this means that Lee, Kara, Adama, Roslin, Baltar, Tigh, Chief, Helo, Athena, Hera and the rebel Cylons die instead and don't get to Earth2, and then Ron Moore ends up having to get extra security detail and is unable to write any other TV shows due to the ongoing death threats he receives.

I wish that Kara's nuanced and tumultuous story arc over the entire series had a better and more defined conclusion in the finale.

Scullytastic

Scullytastic

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2009 @ 10:32 PM

Granted! Kara Thrace has another visitation from her dead father, and discovers the meaning of life, love, and all things. She is hailed as the savior of the entire human and Cylon races, makes peace with her relationships with Lee and Sam, and is ready to live out the rest of her days as the "angel" that led them all to their new home on Earth 2. But then pretty much every other person she knows and loves tells her they feel like their work is done, and all promptly disappear into thin air, leaving her stranded alone with nothing but the gazelles to keep her company. A voice from above says, "You led them all to their end, Kara Thrace...end of line."

I wish that the Final Five had actually brought resurrection technology back in the finale, but that it wound up ironically only working for human characters this time around, a la the Kobolian "organic memory transfer" concept.

Sarah1281

Sarah1281

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2009 @ 11:48 AM

Granted. Lee and Kara end up downloading so many times due to 'exploring' and Helo keeps getting himself killed from trying to keep track of Hera that they run out of resurrecton material within a few years and the peviously-immortal humans don't realize this until a large portion of their race is dead because no one bothered to be careful anymore.

I wish Zak had been adopted and he was really the final cylon.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2009 @ 4:12 PM

Granted. By the time the Fleet finds Earth 2, the Final Cylon is revealed to be Zach Adama. When Lee hears of Zach being one of the Final Five he runs to his father. Adama tells Lee that Zach and him are not his real sons. He also informs Lee that he is really a British actor, and everything he was experiencing is fake.

I wish that they found modern Earth, and landed in the U.S.

madchen

madchen

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 2, 2009 @ 8:22 AM

Granted! But the fleet lands in Baltimore, where they discover the natives are pre-verbal and cities really are bad. Shocked and appalled, the fleet jumps away for parts unknown.

I wish we knew why Tigh declared his love for Caprica and then never seemed to speak to her again.

Sarah1281

Sarah1281

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2009 @ 12:21 PM

Granted. He drinks so much with Bill after the baby dies that his recent sobriety makes him unable to handle it and he can't remember anything past New Caprica so he has to walk around with the words 'I am a Cylon' on his hand.

I wish Hera would stop running away every time she didn't have someone's undivided attention.

Edited by Sarah1281, Apr 7, 2009 @ 8:57 PM.

TheGreaterFool

TheGreaterFool

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 3:17 PM

But the fleet lands in Baltimore

I work in Baltimore... and I'm pretty sure the fleet would nuke the city as an act of mercy before leaving.

I wish Hera would stop running away every time she didn't have someone's undivided attention.

Granted! Instead, whenever no one is paying attention to her, she throws a tantrum and screams her head off. And continues screaming for a good 30 minutes. Eventually she has Tyrol's undivided attention before he hits the button to flush her out an airlock.

I wish Dirk Benedict, the original Starbuck, made a cameo.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 6:47 PM

the fleet lands in Baltimore,

I'm pretty sure the fleet would nuke the city as an act of mercy before leaving.

My younger sister lives in Baltimore, and I am sure the Fleet would just love to visit Inner Harbor before nuking the place. My sister would differently hitch a ride with the Fleet.

I wish Dirk Benedict, the original Starbuck, made a cameo.

Granted. Dirk Benedict, makes a cameo in Daybreak. He plays himself and at the end (instead of H. Baltar, H. Six , and the robot montage) he tries to hit on the new Starbuck, and gets turn down with a slap in the face and a kick to the groin.

I wish that we find out what happened to Paula , the Sons of Aries, and Baltar's cult.

Edited by TVspectator, Apr 4, 2009 @ 7:00 PM.

Sarah1281

Sarah1281

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2009 @ 5:22 PM

Granted. They cling frantically to the teachings of Baltar and Paula (the only one with sense among them) decides to capitalize on Baltar's 'Angels are everywhere' spiel and sets the cult up as the very first psychics and their decendents still run psychic hotlines today (well, the descendents who intermarried with Hera's descendents).

The Sons of Aries attempt to bully their neighbors but nobody really has any material goods for them to take and since they have an entire planet simply move away from them so Helo and Athena hire them as Hera's bodyguards and they successfully manage to keep her alive long enough to have kids.

I wish Cavil had a better death scene.

madchen

madchen

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2009 @ 7:11 PM

Granted! Athena rallies the 8's and they all practice nude Tae Kwan Do on Cavil until they kill him. Ellen stands by yelling, "I hate you, Daddy!" Alas, Cavil dies a happy man.

I wish there was a spin-off show all about Lee and his adventures in the new, big world.

Edited by madchen, Apr 6, 2009 @ 5:30 AM.

Darth Lechon

Darth Lechon

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Good TV, good food, computer games (specifically RTS games), comics

Posted Apr 6, 2009 @ 8:47 PM

Granted. Lee travels northward to find Galen Tyrol, only to find that he's already established this gigantic metropolis. He tells Lee he needs his help cleaning up the streets, saying they could use more "order and law" or something to that effect. At one point, Martha Jones from Doctor Who shows up...

I wish Kara's reward for completing her journey was the ability to travel to other fictional universes. (Have fun with that one, kiddies.)

YeNguyen

YeNguyen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2009 @ 1:11 PM

Granted! With her journey in this universe complete, she proceeds to Quantum Leap into new movies, TV shows, and books, replacing well-recognized male characters with her more amazing female versions. She has a hard time not attacking Al at every opportunity and meets her demise by tackling Moriarty right off of a cliff.

I wish that another song might have been used in place of "All Along the Watchtower."

Sarah1281

Sarah1281

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2009 @ 5:27 PM

Granted. Instead, they use "Robot" by Futureheads. When Saul, Galen, Sam, and Tory hear it, they piece together that it means that they're Cylons and they are all thrown so deeply in denial that they refuse to meet up in the room at the end (except maybe Tory, who never really seems to care one way or another) and so never find out who the other Cylons are. When D'Anna makes her offer for the Final Five to come to her ship, Tory still takes her up on it and the other three refuse to admit to being Cylons even though D'Anna tries repeatedly to out them. The resulting stalemate lasts until Hera is old enough to tell them they're all idiots and hands over the coordinates to New Earth.

I wish Adama and Tigh had a goodbye scene.

Edited by Sarah1281, Apr 7, 2009 @ 8:56 PM.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2009 @ 5:45 PM

Granted. Before Adama leaves on a raptor (with Roslyn) Saul runs up to Adama and gives him a bear hug. While the two embraced each other, both realized that they do not want to be separated. Adama quickly puts Saul in the raptor, and they live the rest of their lives together.

I wish there was a sequel to BSG, and no I am not referring to Caprica (which is a prequel).

Edited by TVspectator, Apr 7, 2009 @ 5:49 PM.

dalek sec

dalek sec

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2009 @ 6:32 PM

Granted. The sequel shows the fleet living off the land. It does well in terms of viewing numbers but is ended after one season due to the fleet dieing out from lack of medicine, food and changing weather patterens.

I wish the fleet including Galactica and the rebel baseship gave up looking for earth and became space pirates.

kieran555

kieran555

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2009 @ 5:26 AM

Granted. After Adama lost the will to live with Laura's death Tigh figured what the heck, and decided to live up to his appearance and turn the fleet to a life of piracy. Lee's usual drifting following the decline of his father allowed unscrupulous but funny President Romo in collusion with the League of Crazy Baltarites to approve the plan and start adapting the vessels for pirate life.

The next few years are a bitter and realistic portrayal of the brutality of internal pirate discipline and months on end of inaction as they split up into sectors to prowl the traffic of the space lanes. After a while when it becomes apparent the space lanes possess no traffic rival captains begin to challenge Admiral Tigh claiming he has picked a poor hunting ground, arr, and the fleet disintegrates into anarchy as the strongest fight for control, so much so that they accidentally fly into a sun. Tom Zarek's ghost looks on approvingly at this turn of events as the people show their power.

The rebel baseship meanwhile watches in horror as the fleet destroys itself and leaves to find a solution. They arrive back from searching Kobol having found the key to resurrection and replicator technology to solve all the fleet's survival problems but find only the empty remains of broken vessels. Distraught at the loss of their allies the Centurions decide to give the creation of humanoids another go, creating biological models to make their lives easier. But they would never rebel...would they? "The Humans were created by Cylon"

I wish there had been an explanation of what really happened on Kobol, and why it occurred at around the same time as the destruction on Earth in what cannot be coincidence.

Edited by kieran555, Apr 13, 2009 @ 6:04 AM.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2009 @ 9:24 PM

Granted! A prequel was made explaining what really happened on Kobol, Old Earth, and why their destruction occurred around the same time. This prequel was so huge that Universal decided to make this into a full length movie that will be shown in theaters nation wide. This movie was written by J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman, Drew Goddard, Aline Brosh Mckenna, and Jane Espenson (the only BSG writer on the team). Produce and directed by Steven Spielberg.

The movie had an all star cast, starring Mathew Fox as an Adama, Shia LaBeouf as another Adama, Edward James Olmos as the patriarch of the Adama family, Jon Voight as the leader of the Kobol government, Burt Reynolds as a Kobol admiral, Harrison Ford as the Kobol Sectary of Defense, Christian Bale as a Kobol Skinjob, Christopher Walken as the leader of the Kobol Skinjobs, Jake Gyllenhaal as human fighter pilot and friend to LaBeouf's character, Lorena Gale as Pythia, Megan Fox as a member of a human monotheistic cult, Jennifer Garner as the leader of the monotheistic cult, and Rachel Taylor as the love interest for Shia LaBeouf's character.

The movie was narrated by Morgan Freeman.

Actors who made cameos in the movie were Michael Hogan, Kate Vernon, Aaron Douglas, Rekha Sarma, Michael Trucco as the FF. Also, Dean Stockwell ( as Ellen's father), Richard Hatch ( as a human 'freedom fighter/terrorist', Jamie Callis ( as a simple farmer), Mary McDonnell as an ancestor of President Roslin and a member of the Kobol government (ironically as the Sectary of Education), Katee Sackhoff ( as a musician), Lucy Lawless( as Anders' sister who will die in the destruction of Old Earth), Seth Greene( as a skinjob), Seth MacFarlane (as a skinjob), Will Ferrell ( as a human), Jon Stewart (as a human politician), Steven Colbert (as another human politician) , Trica Helfer, Grace Park, Mark Sheppard, Whopie Goldberg (as one of Lords of Kolbol), Patrick Stewart (as Zeus), Jamie Bamber, and Michelle Forbes.

The movie will take fifteen years to produced and will be over budget with lots of special effects. The movie will be shot in shaky camera style of cinematography, and the plot of the movie will be a complex story involving time travel that will be hard to follow, and the reviews for the movie will be mix. The total gross revenue for the movie will be around $67 million.

I wish that the writers didn't make Cavil into a simple supervillian, but a more complex character.

Edited by TVspectator, May 24, 2009 @ 11:24 PM.