Tabatha's Salon Takeover

• Please log in to reply

2395 replies to this topic

runningoutofnam

runningoutofnam

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:00 AM

Fair enough, I just happen to disagree. To me, that entire scene smacks of a pickup.

Since I have seen that exact behavior in real life without cameras I say not staged.

Of course they know the cameras are there, they don't know when/what they're taping.

They don't put them in certain areas say bathrooms or the guest sleeping areas but they are in the common areas. FYI I have been in places with 24 hour filming and they state that even when people are told they will be filmed and to change clothes in the bathroom, people will still do things like undress where the cameras are. Talk to people in security jobs such as elevators and they will tell you tales of people publicly doing stuff even when signs are posted that they are being filmed. Stuff that will get them arrested.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

People can't help being themselves, mostly because they are clueless about how their behavior is viewed by others. Many of these reality show people are in denial even when they are watching the evidence of their venality, cruelty and mendacity.

In their minds, they are okay and that's all. Only rarely does someone make an effort in front of the cameras. This is why entertainers are paid so highly; it takes talent and work to constantly be aware of what you are portraying and how you are perceived.

I like watching the constant variety of clueless behavior reality shows exhibit. I am convinced that I would fare no better on TV than any of these folks. But YMMV.

Edited by Hamhock96, Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:19 AM.

marnyh

marnyh

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

The thing is, I don't think Diana had any idea that she was in the "hospitality industry". It seems she thought she could just rent out rooms in her enormous house and make money, and that was that. She even said that she was trying to come up with a way to call it "Bed and Something" since she didn't want to have to serve breakfast or anything. She didn't want to have to interact with the guests, didn't want to have to clean up for them unless it made her more money, and didn't want to have to do anything above getting their money in exchange for a place to sleep. It seemed like until Tabatha came along and explained to her that she actually had to provide a service, along with the bed, she didn't even realize that "hospitality" was part of the deal.

lanorigb

lanorigb

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:35 PM

(quote) I suspect they were avoiding making it tacky (/quote).

Considering the website for Cinema Suites advertises a "kitschy" feel, I think tacky would be exactly what the vibe is.

Edited by lanorigb, Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:38 PM.

JackiFL

JackiFL

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 7:47 PM

Is this done or just done for the season? I miss her snark...

eliza422

eliza422

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

Yes, the weird California B&B was the season finale.

sweetlilvoice

sweetlilvoice

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

Any update yet on when the next season will be on? And will it just be salons or the new format?

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

Don't know about plans.
There were some shows on yesterday; it seems they're on about one or two days a week, and I record them, but a lot are re-re-re-runs.

JackiFL

JackiFL

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

Trying to see if she's returning... nothing showing on my DirecTV yet.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 12:14 AM

Haven't seen any in a few months.

aliyameadow

aliyameadow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 21, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

There appears to be a marathon on today. You forget how fun these were (and how clueless some of the owners were).

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 7:57 PM

Another marathon on tomorrow, 2/19/13, from 8AM until 2PM, EST.

Rosiemom112629

Rosiemom112629

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 8:16 PM

Well, there go my plans to do anything productive tomorrow. At least until the afternoon.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2013 @ 1:21 AM

Does anyone know if there are any new episodes planned?

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 11:38 AM

OK, I've just watched two of the episodes so far, but good heavens, Nikki at Brownes?
Unbelievable. I wondered if she had some mental disorder, or tumor or parasite. (Yes I do watch Mystery Diagnosis and Monsters Inside Me, why do you ask?)
The original discussion here starts on about page 49.
Apparently the Lincoln Road location closed, but she has another shop.
I didn't pick up that she was Irish. When she said "European," I was thinking eastern Europe, maybe E. German or Romania.
I was hoping that Tabatha was able to help the staff relocate or get a good employment lawyer.

americangreed13

americangreed13

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 9:33 PM

I miss Tabatha's Salon takeover. The spin off show not so much. I love how passionate she is about the business. I really miss the all black, killer heels, platinum blonde hair, and of course the bitchy comments. Does anyone know if this show will be returning soon?

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 10:46 PM

The new season starts in April.

http://www.thefutonc...0130306bravo01/

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2013 @ 12:36 AM

There's a repeat tomorrow, or rather later today, 3/8, and then some on Monday.

sweetlilvoice

sweetlilvoice

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2013 @ 9:44 AM

So excited this is returning!

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2013 @ 10:57 AM

This coming Friday morning, there are shows on both Bravo and Style.
I enjoyed the "where are they now" show, and Miriam was still strange. I feel sorry for her daughter.

maggiethebeagle

maggiethebeagle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 10:30 PM

Who watched tonight? What a great show. Tabatha was fierce as usual and the stylists were great! Loved seeing them open to learning new things. And Stacy was hilarious - what a personality!

bromo

bromo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 10:33 PM

Like Stacy on tonight's show, I loved that jacket. Good start to the season.

VanillaBear85

VanillaBear85

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 12:55 AM

I have been loving the marathons throughout this week. I did not realize how much I missed this show and Tabatha. I even watched WWHL for that woman so it is serious.

amyingeorgia

amyingeorgia

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 1:31 AM

Agree--Stacy was great. What a really positive outcome for the staff and salon. So happy Tabatha's back!

phoenix780

phoenix780

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:01 AM

Maybe it's because there's such a strong contrast with the rest of the Bravo programming I watch but...I loved this episode. Everyone seemed so nice, so respectful of one another, and so legitimately talented. I kind of want a spin-off with this salon, but maybe on a different channel.

I know the episodes this season can't all be this way but, man, it was so refreshingly positive, imho. And with a surprising amount of depth- I thought their conversation about race was fascinating, and well-done. Add me to the list of those glad this show is back.

LovemyVike

LovemyVike

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:30 AM

Loved tonights episode!!! I was cracking up at Stacy and got all teary eyed when they were reading their letters. I loved that they didn't go out of their way to find the token "bad or slacker" employee like they usually do. I loved the hair coming out of that place!

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 6:51 AM

Anybody notice in the last scene that Tabitha and Tanzy had on almost the exact same outfit? Who was in charge of wardrobe that day?

I loved the episode. Loved that there was no hyped up theatrics, just a shop that needed direction on how to improve the business. A great change of pace from the norm in reality shows. Glad to have my Tabby back. Missed her shoes.

Edited because Stacy was super correct, that jacket was fierce! What was that?? Leather filigree? Outstanding!

Edited by Brooklynista, Apr 5, 2013 @ 6:54 AM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 7:44 AM

This probably the first episode I've seen of this show where everyone was really cool! There was no unnecessary bitching or attitude given. It was so nice to see everyone open to accepting new clients.

Speaking of jackets, the one Tabs wore to the salon reveal was stunning. Ugh. So jealous! The leather and cut was amazing.

pasdetrois

pasdetrois

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 8:13 AM

I only watched part of the latest epi but I liked what I saw. Tabatha is back to helping hair salons do what they're supposed to do. We got to see business advice, training, some beautiful hair, and a team that appears to care for each other. I don't need or appreciate screeching crazies, weave-pulling, or other overdone, banal drama on reality TV. I hope they stick to this formula.

I know black is her thing, but I'd love to see Tabatha in some other color. The black is harsh and ages her tremendously. Maybe some dark gray, or dark blue?

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 9:41 AM

Maybe it's because there's such a strong contrast with the rest of the Bravo programming I watch but...I loved this episode. Everyone seemed so nice, so respectful of one another, and so legitimately talented. I kind of want a spin-off with this salon, but maybe on a different channel.

I know the episodes this season can't all be this way but, man, it was so refreshingly positive, imho. And with a surprising amount of depth- I thought their conversation about race was fascinating, and well-done. Add me to the list of those glad this show is back.

I can't wait to see this episode after everyone's positive comments. I love Tabitha and think she gives great advice.