TWoP Mafia

• Please log in to reply

3852 replies to this topic

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:51 AM

The "Coast Hotel" thing seems as likely a clue as anything, and it did strike me as suspicious that TJ was taken out after trying to start a lynch against her, so....

3 Holliday (MarkHB, dreamingwriter, Maple) 2 to lynch
3 dreamingwriter (keeptrying, Holliday, 1trackmind) 2 to lynch

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:53 AM

I brought it up earlier, so I'm in.

4 Holliday (MarkHB, dreamingwriter, Maple, keeptrying) 1 to lynch
2 dreamingwriter (Holliday, 1trackmind) 3 to lynch

CarsonMcKay

CarsonMcKay

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:56 AM

I'm still suspicious of kimmykaybee who never defended themselves against the 'sting' clue.

4 Holliday (MarkHB, dreamingwriter, Maple, keeptrying) 1 to lynch
1 kimmykaybee (CarsonMcKay) 4 to lynch

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:07 AM

I can see how the Canadian hotel clue could point to me but I think some of you are going down the wrong path. The clues clearly point to dreamingwriter. Don't let the lovely name fool you and lead you to murder another hero!

kimmykaybee

kimmykaybee

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:35 AM

I'm still suspicious of kimmykaybee who never defended themselves against the 'sting' clue.

I didn't know that I was plural! Sweet. :)

5 Holliday (MarkHB, dreamingwriter, Maple, keeptrying, kimmy) 0 to lynch
1 kimmykaybee (CarsonMcKay) 4 to lynch

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

I didn't know that I was plural! Sweet. :)

The royal "we" for a Queen Bee? :D

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

The royal "we" for a Queen Bee? :D

You see it too, Mark? We should be going after... QueenInsane!!

TJ track99

TJ track99

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

You see it too, Mark? We should be going after... QueenInsane!!

Somewhere in the world, Queenie is now wondering why she feels like voting to lynch herself.

Oh, right.

*iz dead*

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

Suddenly, I'm in the mood for Apples.....

1trackmind

1trackmind

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:02 PM

That's it, I am changing my vote. I wanna lynch Apple for old times sake.

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:52 PM

*lifts her glass* To Queenie and Apple, wherever they are!

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 1:30 AM

Day ended this morning, which I wasn't here to call because I was in bed. Since I didn't officially call Night until now, you have 48 hours, until midnight on Saturday, to get in your Night Actions.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 5:29 AM

*lifts her glass* To Queenie and Apple, wherever they are!

Hear, hear! And to seff and Mylla, where'er they may be!

1trackmind

1trackmind

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:43 AM

I do have a question, do we get a day story before night is over?

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:58 PM

Day was supposed to end at 7:00 AM yesterday morning, and the last vote wasn't cast until 8:35 AM, after the cut-off date. So the lynch did not go through.

I will write a quick Day story for you guys, though.

Edited by Autobiography, Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:04 PM.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

So, for the sake of a frikkin' hour and a half, we go another day without a lynch going through?

Kinda sucks, don't you think?

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

Even though we were having actual discussion?

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

Well, I said I was going to be serious about the schedule. But, if you guys really really want me to go ahead with the Lynching, since I want people to have fun and I don't want to start bad feelings, I'll go ahead if you guys want to.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

First, it was an hour and a half. Second, generally the precedent is that most mods have allowed discussion (particularly with pending votes) to continue until the lynch is resolved or it becomes apparent that it won't be; the truly egregious example is the Day That Never Ended, but that was a special case years ago. Third, I don't think the clock running out should count unless the mod actually shows up and posts that time has expired :D .

So, after a load of sophistry that cleverly misdirects everyone from the fact that I started the lynch in the first place and this post is therefore really just a big ego trip, my preference is that the lynch should count.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

So without a load of sophistry that obviously stems from the fact that I, another innocent victim, may soon fall victim to an evil cabal, my preference is that the lynch should not count.

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

Yeah, it kind of seems unfair, especially since we did get a lynch finished. Now I'll feel awful if this ends up being wrong, but at least we did something!

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:18 AM

I guess we should have lynched Apple....

Auto, it's your game and your rules. I'm going on record here as saying I can't believe we had three possible lynches going!

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

Okay, after some serious discussion in-thread and PM, I'e decided to keep the Lynch as legitimate, since there was active discussion going on and it was an hour and a half, with the board going down briefly. And the reason I was serious about sticking to the time frame in the first place was because usually, the opposite happens in my games: there is no serious Lynch attempt, and so the Day drags on for...well, Days! :)

So, I've decided to keep the Lynch as legitimate, and will write the Day story when I come back from volunteering.

I am sorry about this. I don't think I've ever modded a game that had me making desicions that were so back-and-forth before. (I'd use the term "bi-polar," but that's a serious mental illness, and I know what it's like to have one, so...yeah.) I've also never modded a game by myself before, where all decisions were by me alone. So, yes, I know I've been inconsistent, and when I get back will lay down my ground rules for the rest of the game as well.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

::mixes Sour Apple-tinis or Crown & Cokes for those who are ready::

I have one week before all hell breaks loose. I suppose I should also think about filing my 1040EZ....

kimmykaybee

kimmykaybee

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

Thanks for counting my vote even though it was late, Auto.

*Takes a Sour Apple-tini and takes a sip* Thanks, trying!

HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:23 PM

I'm dead and will make no comment... But I have a question abou TJ's Hunger Games round. What will be the spoiler status? I've finished book 2, but I'm late to the craze and don't wan to get spoiled for book 3!

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:23 PM

*sips a Crown and Coke* Thanks Auto!

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

Hey guys, wanted to give you an update on the story...In that today was devoted spring cleaning, so I'm still working on it. It will be up by Monday though, no later.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

...today was devoted spring cleaning...

Oh, please, not you too! :)

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:17 PM

Day 3

After Matt, Sam and Dean had set everything up at their new safehold, the empty, former home of Stephen Canfield, Matt began to uneasily pace around its empty rooms. The Winchesters had showed him how to lay out salt in a ring around the house, how to set up a Devil’s trap to trap demons and exorcise them back to Hell, and how to use the various special knives they used for the things they hunted.

After having taught Matt about these things, they were going to spend a day or two teaching the others, before heading out of the city. If Azazel was after what they thought he was after-a specially created, literal Gate to Hell in remote rural Wyoming-they would have to be prepared to come after him first.

The only problem was that they hadn’t arrived by now.

After another check on his son, he thought it was time to say something.

“You heard anything yet?” he asked as Sam and Dean were busy cleaning weapons.

“Not a thing,” Dean replied as he put down the rag he was using to polish the last of the iron knives. Demons were susceptible to that kind of metal. “Is your spider sense tingling or somethin’?”

“No, I just…it seems like they should be back from the Coast Hotel by now.”

“I’ll try Peter’s cell phone,” said Sam. Just as Matt was worried would happen, it went straight to voicemail.

“That’s the third time that’s happened,” said Matt. “I mean, Peter said they all had the address, so they should be here by now.” He paused. “We have enough weapons for everybody, right?”

“Yeah, you want one?”

“Hand me one of those knives. I think we should spread out around the house, in case something comes for us first,” he said, putting it into the holder around his waist.

They put together a plan, with Sam and Dean in the upper story and Matt in the lower, in the living room near the door. That way, the Winchester’s had the advantage of higher ground and Matt his telepathy, to hear anyone coming. He began to focus his ability, listening in for anyone familiar besides those in the house with him. He didn’t have to wait long before he heard what sounded like Andy’s mental voice, upset and cursing. “Guys?” he called out.

“You see something?”

“No, not yet, but it’s-” he was cut off from saying “Andy” by Sam’s sudden cry of “I see something!” He handed Dean the binoculars and shouted down to Matt, “Do you see the car yet?”

“Uh, no, but I can hear Andy,” he yelled back, “and it doesn’t sound good.”

Matt readied his gun and went outside to meet Andy as he hurriedly parked and then ran out of the vehicle. Covered in blood. With Peter and Lily nowhere in site.

Cursing a few choice words, he ran up to Andy who practically collapsed upon seeing him and finally feeling safe. Matt helped him into the house, and Dean and Sam sat down with them to listen to Andy’s story of the living horror movie that had taken place.

After he had been able to tell the full story through his choked-back tears, Dean’s first question was “Did anyone follow you?”

“I don’t think so. I mean, I don’t know. I didn’t see anyone, but then I was trying to get here as fast as I could, so…I don’t know.”

They all looked at each other for a moment. Then Dean said “Alright, new plan. Sam, show him where the bathroom is so he can get cleaned up. Matt, you help me with weapons. We’re leaving as soon as we can.”

They spent the next thirty minutes packing up their weapons and supplies, with Andy joining them once he had changed into fresh clothes. All their thoughts were focused on getting to Wyoming. They weren’t that far from leaving when Matt began to feel uneasy. “Guys, heads up,” he called to them. They went into the plan they had talked about if necessary: Matt and Andy as the front line to stop Adam and, if possible, Ava with their abilities, and Sam and Dean behind them with the elaborate Devil’s Trap to try and catch Azazel.

Finally, Matt thought to himself, we’re on the offensive.

The “hum” of the voices became louder until Matt could tell they were right outside. They all readied their weapons and abilities.

And then the doorbell rang.

Matt took a deep breath, nodded to the others and then opened the door.

Adam Monroe stood there, along with Ava and Azazel. “Good day sirs,” said Adam.

You want to stop and leave us alone, Matt told Adam with his ability. As Adam stood there, eyes glazing over, Ava and Azazel knew that they had to move. Ava ran in first, only to get knocked down by Andy as he run over to her in an attempt to stop her before she could him. “Stop!” he yelled as he pinned her to the ground. She didn’t so much as stop moving as look up at him with a mixture of fear and wonder in her eyes. While she was now a servant of Azazel, with her own demon-influenced powers, she was still human-so she had only a limited immunity to his ability. She put her hands to her head, as if in pain, and tried to rally her own mental powers to her defense.

Meanwhile, Sam and Dean had gone after Azazel with a holy-water covered iron knife. While he was too strong a demon to be taken down by this alone, Sam tried to wrestle him into the Devil’s trap while Dean chanted the words necessary to exorcize the demon from the man he had enslaved.

And Matt, who had once vowed to protect and serve no matter the cost, saw he had only one chance to kill Adam Monroe. As he began to blink and look around, Matt’s command wearing off, he took his chance. He forced him to the ground, and plunged the sharpened iron knife into the back of his head, in the spinal cord, where there was a weakness to his ability. Once his ability to regenerate was shut off, there was nothing his body could do to maintain itself. In an instant, a perfectly-healthy-looking twenty-year-old man crumbled into the dust of centuries as his body caught up with time.

Ava, seeing what had just happened and what was about to happen, rallied all of her energy. “No!” she shouted as loud as she could, using her mental powers and telekinesis to prevent their group from being slaughtered. Matt, Sam, Dean and Andy were suddenly flung into the walls.

The resounding silence was only broken by the sound of Ava breathing heavily and Azazel struggling to get up.

“Azazel!” she cried on seeing him wounded and pulled out the knife with a sickening squelching noise.

“Thanks, I needed that,” he said. After a few more moments to regain control of themselves, Ava asked “What should we do now?”

“Get to the Gate,” said Azazel, getting up. “In the state we’re in right now, I don’t think we should try to finish them off-let’s get to the Gate first, and then we’ll have all the time we need.” He flashed a wicked smile. “Once we have the powers of Hell at our disposal, we can take as long as we want to kill them.”

Ava smiled back.

By the time the four heroes had awoken from the temporary unconsciousness Ava had managed to put them in, the demon and his human minion were already out of the city.

DEAD:
HelenaHandbasket, Claude Rains, Special Investigator.
TJ track 99, Peter Petrelli, Hero.
bparhad, Lily Baker, Hero.
Holliday, Adam Monroe, Villain.

Living Players:
The Mad Maple
MarkHB
1trackmind
CarsonMcKay
kimmykaybee
dreamingwriter
keeptrying

It is now Night! You have 48 hours to get your Night Actions in!