TWoP Mafia

• Please log in to reply

3875 replies to this topic

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

Mark, are you stalking me? ;) You are right though.:P

Actually, you told us where you live ages ago, and you've alluded to it here and there since then :) I wouldn't have said even as much as I did otherwise.

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 1:10 PM

LOL, I know! Just made me laugh. :)

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

Hey guys, happy Easter! Or "second Sunday in April" if you are not Christian religious inclined.

Also, story update: it's Easter Weekend, I'm working on the story now, and it will be up by tomorrow. I'm having less inspiration with this story than the last one, which mostly involved Claude.

Huge thanks to my editor for helping with this story on short notice.

Night 2

After Matt had reached the cabin, he gave Peter a call. “How’s everything? Is there any activity?”

“No,” replied Peter. “But I’m not going out by myself to find out.” After what happened to Claude, he silently added. “We are having a watch set up though. We’re all officially staying in separate rooms, but staying the night in Andy’s. We know Azazel wants Lily to join them, and he also probably knows everything I can do, so they’re likely to go into those rooms first. Here, we’re all together to sound the alarm and jump or fly out the window if we need to.”

“Jump?”

“Yeah, we’re on the second floor, so it’s safer than being just at ground level where they can bang through the door at any time.”

“I see.”

“We’ll be fine,” said Peter, not feeling fine at all. “If I call you before morning, something is wrong.” He paused. “You take care of your son, Matt. We can take care of ourselves.” He closed the phone with a snap, hoping that would be true.

After all three of them had taken the first watch, Peter fell into a restless sleep while Lily and Andy stayed up. They passed the time by talking eagerly, each having met another person they could confide in like this.

“You’re a great person, Lily,” began Andy. “Do you think that maybe after this…we could…?”

“I’m sorry, Andy, but you’re not my type. But if you were, I’d definitely go out with you,” said Lily, trying to heal the sting.

“Is it the weed? Because I can stop, you know.”

“No, Andy. You’re not my…type…being male…”

Andy paused, then said “Oh. OH. Dude, I’m sorry. My bad. I mean, I’m not actually, you know, a mind reader, like Matt. At least not yet.”

“You can just give commands, right?”

“Right,” said Andy, glad to discuss something besides his obliviousness. “I mean, when I first met Sam and Dean, I was giving commands to people, like, ‘let me borrow your car.’”

“‘Borrow?’”

“I mean, yeah, I’d give it back,” he assured her, seeing the look on her face. “I mean, I’m not evil. Once I realized what I could do, I decided to just live in my van, reading philosophy and working part-time at my girlfriend’s coffee place. I mean, yes, I could have commanded people to ‘Give me all your money,’ but I already had everything I needed. And then,” he continued, tapping on the chair end nervously “I met my evil twin brother. Yes, seriously. Azazel had come to him, telling him to kill people. I mean, he almost killed my girlfriend and Dean…” The tapping that had turned into a loud noise suddenly stopped as his voice dropped and he said, almost in a whisper, “I had to shoot him to stop him. I didn’t want to,” he said, dropping his head into his hands and starting to cry.

Lily would have given him a hug, but she didn’t want to accidently electrocute him.

Lily said the only thing she could think of to say. “If he was about to kill someone, you had to stop him. You didn’t have a choice. When I first got my ability…I…” she took a deep breath. “While I was still trying to figure out what happened to me, I accidently killed my girlfriend. I could be angry and hate myself, or I could learn to control my ability and use it on the people I have to use it on. You can’t control what happened in the past, but you can control what’s happening now.”

Very carefully, she took his hand in hers. “And I can now control when I can create a spark.” She then raised her other hand, and suddenly a light blue electrical arc lit up the dimly lit room.

“Very cool,” said Andy through his drying tears.

It was around that time that a suave, blond man walked into the front desk of the Coast Hotel. “Good evening sir,” he said jovially, “I’m looking for a friend of mine.”

Andy and Lily were practically rocked out of their chairs by the sound of the huge bang that came from downstairs. Peter was almost awakened and at the window before they were.

“What?-”

“Back window, now,” said Peter. “They’re breaking into my room first, and now it’s only a matter of time before they find us up here,” he exposited, moving himself and the others into the back room, the bathroom with a window that overlooked the parking lot.

“Shouldn’t we stay here and fight? We’re evenly matched,” pointed out Lily, who wanted to take out those who were after them rather than turning and running again. “Andy can just tell them to stop, and we can kill them.”

“No, it doesn’t work on them. I tried it on Sam and it doesn’t work on people like us, the kids that Azazel came after. It’s like an immunity shield or something. And even if it did work on Adam, we’d still have two people with telekinesis who can also summon demons and-”

“Alright, “said Peter, knowing they only had a few more moments as they heard the footsteps thunder up the stairs to the second level. “Andy, go through the window and get the car. Lily you’re with me.” Andy then carefully pulled himself through the window as far as he could before letting go and falling into a hedge and running for the car. Thankfully, he had remembered to keep the keys with him.

Peter and Lily, meanwhile, stayed in the room, hoping to fend them off for a few minutes while Andy could run to the Impala and bring it back around to their room.

“Lily, look at how you’ve grown,” said Azazel in a mocking gentle tone. “Come and give your demon father a hug.”

“I’ve got a better idea,” she said and raised her hand to electrocute him. But suddenly found her arm frozen, as did Peter.

“Now, now, no need for that,” said Ava in a sickeningly sweet tone after using her telekinesis to freeze them in place. “You should be grateful for what he gave us, Lily. Look at what he gave us, how important he made us.”

“‘Important?’ I think you mean, ‘turned into serial killers’ you evil bitch.”

“Oh, why are you being so mean to me? That’s not nice at all! So much for the concept of sisterhood, eh.”

“So, are you going to banter all night, are you going to go through with it? You coward, using telekinesis first to freeze and then kill us,” said Peter.

“Hmm, I think you’re right about that,” said Adam, putting his hand under his chin in a thinking pose. “Ava, would you be so kind?”

“Of course, good sir,” said Ava with a bow and suddenly Peter and Lily were free to move again. As they were about to unleash their abilities, Peter fell backwards with his throat slit. For Lily it felt like a slow movie, although in reality it took less than a second as blood faceted from Peter’s neck, cut almost to the bone. He made a few gurgling sounds, and then was silent. Lily stared at her in horror.

“What?” said Ava innocently, slathered in still-warm red blood. “He told me he wanted me to make a move. It’s his own fault, really.”

In a fit of rage, Lily unleashed the full brunt of her power, screaming as she did so. As her enemies lay on the ground twitching, she used all of her strength to climb up and out the window, dropping ungracefully to the ground.

In the near distance, she could see Andy with the Impala heading towards her.

Andy, meanwhile, could only see her covered in blood and crying, running towards the car. He tried to calm her by calling her name as he stopped the car and opened the door.

And then he saw a knife sticking through her abdomen.

“No!” he yelled, trying to use his ability, and saw an African-American in an overcoat loaded with knives staring dumbly at him.

“Lily? Lily, it’s going-”

“Go to Matt. Save the baby. Save the world,” were her final words in a gurgling whisper and then she was gone.

Had Andy had time, he would have stayed with her. But Gordon Walker was still standing there, and he knew he only had a few moments before the temporary stunning his ability had would were off.

Crying “I’m sorry,” he quickly got in the car and drove off.

Gordon felt as though he had just woken from a strange dream just in time to see a car drive off into the distance. A ’67 Chevy Impala.

“Winchesters,” he said to himself.

DEAD:
HelenaHandbasket, Claude Rains. Special Investigator.
TJ track 99, Peter Petrelli. Hero.
bparhad, Lily Baker. Hero.

THERE WERE CLUES FOR ALL OF THE VILLAINS.

And, obviously, NIGHT HAS ENDED! You have 48 hours to discuss the story, and Day will end at 7:00 AM Wednesday morning.

Edited by Autobiography, Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:13 AM.

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:49 AM

Boo! I never end up lasting very long when I'm a hero : ) I'm going to take a seat at the bar while the rest of the heroes avenge me.

Edited by bparhad, Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:54 AM.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:25 AM

Yikes, three heroes dead!

Auto, can you please edit to list the living players?

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

Auto, can you please edit to list the living players?

Yes, please and thank you.

CURRENT PLAYER LIST:
The Mad Maple
MarkHB
Holliday
1trackmind
CarsonMcKay
kimmykaybee
dreamingwriter
keeptrying

On the other hand, here we all are. We'll need four votes for a lynch.

Good grief, I sure hope somebody can see something in this, because I can't.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

I'm going to have to read it a couple of more times but can someone tell me if the '67 Impala is part of Supernatural?

So far, besides the car, the only other things that caught my eye were

1. The word "exposited" - not obscure but not frequently used either. Writers frequently exposit.

From some online dictionary:

exposit - add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing; "She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"

2. "drying tears" - It stood out to me but I can't connect it to anything.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

* Sigh *. So much for the balloon theory. Sorry for the accusation, TJ.

Auto, I take it that neither of the deceased had particular powers in the game?

We actually need 5 for a lynch with 8 players, not 4.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:11 PM

Mark, I have only my confusion at the time I posted. I was thinking, "FIVE," but typed, "four."

1. The word "exposited" - not obscure but not frequently used either. Writers frequently exposit.

Well, that's a thought. So far, that's the best I can see too, Holliday.

We do still have clues in past stories. I'll review them later to see if something might spark.

CarsonMcKay

CarsonMcKay

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:18 PM

Holliday, yes the car is part of Supernatural.

I've read the story a couple of times. Exposited struck me, too. Also "closed the phone with a snap". And, "hoping to heal the sting." Sting > bees sting >kimmykaybee

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:33 PM

Yes Mark, none of those killed had "special" powers. Claude was the only one who did, and that was because he was a late addition.

Thank you trying for the list of players.

Yes, with 8 living players there needs to be 5 to lynch.

TJ track99

TJ track99

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:50 AM

Yeah, I had a feeling that would happen when I saw I was Peter without powers. :(

Avenge me!!

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 5:36 AM

Will do, TJ!

Edited by MarkHB, Apr 10, 2012 @ 5:36 AM.

kimmykaybee

kimmykaybee

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

Between the "exposited" clue and this:

Gordon felt as though he had just woken from a strange dream just in time to see a car drive off into the distance. A ’67 Chevy Impala.

I'm becoming suspicious of dreamingwriter.

The only other clue

although in reality it took less than a second as blood faceted from Peter’s neck

Shouldn't it be fauceted? Though I don't know who that would point to.

We have until tomorrow morning to complete a lynch. Should we get one started?

Edited by kimmykaybee, Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:15 PM.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:18 PM

Hmm...the "bee sting" observation struck me but your additional point kimmykaybee makes me lean towards dreamingwriter.
Deflection or Discernment? I'm going to re-read one more time. With three heroes gone, I want to be sure.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

Yes, the 'sting' looks good as a clue to kimmy. There also seem to be a lot of things pointing to dreamingwriter, what with the exposition and strange dreaming. I will also point out that TJ started a lynch against Holliday and is now dead.

TJ, you're right. Any time you are a non-powered Peter, you end up dying early.

Edited by keeptrying, Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:33 PM.

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:06 PM

The "faceted" is not a clue; it's something that I couldn't go back in and change after posting since my post was too long.

There is one (actually meant to be two, once you google the term) giant clue that you are all missing, which at this point I'm kind of surprised by considering who it points to.

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:06 PM

The "faceted" is not a clue; it's something that I couldn't go back in and change after posting since my post was too long.

There is one (actually meant to be two, once you google the term) giant clue that you are all missing, which at this point I'm kind of surprised by considering who it points to.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

I will also point out that TJ started a lynch against Holliday and is now dead.

Now that is news to me. I missed out on some action while on spring break but the only thing I did wrong was eat too much in San Francisco! So...no.

Okay, does Auto's post mean we're headed in the wrong direction or could it be just a play to mess with us? If so, I thought we were saving the Hunger Games for next time. I had no idea writer/host = game master!

I'm pretty sure the clues point to dreamingwriter and I've already googled a lot of words. I'll wait for the answer to my "game master" question before I move forward.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

I'm not going to Google the whole freaking story, nor do I think we should really be expected to.

Screw it. You're a sweetie and I really appreciate the fact that we're friends, but....

1 dreamingwriter (keeptrying) 4 to lynch

That said, if Holliday gets her answer (and I'd love to hear about your trip to SF) and has more convincing information, I might be willing to change my vote.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

Ah heck...even it Auto is Game Master, the clues point to dw.

2 dreamingwriter (keeptrying,Holliday) 3 to lynch

keeptrying, I ate, and ate, and ate some more. Fed people, too. I can't wait to go back!

1trackmind

1trackmind

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

I tend to follow KT around anyway, so

3 dreamingwriter (keeptrying,Holliday,1TrackMind) 2 to lynch

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

Ok, hang on now! I don't want to do this but I also don't want the Villains to win, so first off I am a Hero! Secondly, I think I know who one of the Villains is since I was talking to her and I accidentally let a clue slip about my char this round, so

1 keeptrying (dreamingwriter)

I swear on my life that I'm a Hero, I just suck at connecting clues with people! :(

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

Secondly, I think I know who one of the Villains is since I was talking to her and I accidentally let a clue slip about my char this round, so

So... you're voting to lynch me? Honey, we haven't had time to chat since this round began, so I have no idea how you think you let a clue slip to me. Sorry, totally a hero over here. Like TJ and bp, I'm sadly underpowered, but I'm a hero.

On a totally unrelated and shallow note, the guest on TDS tonight is very much on the hot side.

ETA: I guess I didn't need that to copy in the same post.

Edited by keeptrying, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:27 PM.

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

I'm not going to Google the whole freaking story, nor do I think we should really be expected to.

Okay, if it's really that hard for people to find the right clues, I think I kinda suck as a mod. Especially by Day 3.

I will give two connected hints: it was previously mentioned in the last Day story, and it is in one very specific section of the Night story just posted. I'm kindof shocked no one picked up on it already, actually. That's why I'm stepping in to mention it now.

Also, if we continue to have forum problems, I'll probably have to extended Day. Not for a whole 24 hours, though-just for however long the forum shortage lasts.

Edited by Autobiography, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:39 PM.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

What problems?

Don't jinx me!

Edited by Holliday, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:41 PM.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

Although Matt had been relying his police skills so far, nothing about the attacks led to any clues about them. He understood why Claude had been attacked first-he had been a valuable asset, trying to make sense of what was going on to the others-but the more he thought about possible clues the more frustrated he became with only possibilities.

"Previously mentioned in the last Day story." This is the only thing that sticks out to me. A lot of possibilities.

Very carefully, she took his hand in hers. “And I can now control when I can create a spark.” She then raised her other hand, and suddenly a light blue electrical arc lit up the dimly lit room.

There is some strange repetition here.

After that,

It was around that time that a suave, blond man walked into the front desk of the Coast Hotel. “Good evening sir,” he said jovially, “I’m looking for a friend of mine.”

Does the Coast Hotel mean anything to anyone?

Okay, and this:

Save the baby. Save the world

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

OK, here's my dilemma: I figured out the clue Auto was talking about, but I only got it because she made this recent post, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with deus ex machina moves like that (sorry, A.) But it's her round, and I'll play by her rules:

Coast Hotel, mentioned by name in the two most-recent stories, implies (to me) Holliday. Plus, if you Google it as Auto suggested, it turns out to be a Canadian hotel chain, which implies Maple (or maybe one other player, but that's falling into the realm of using outside knowledge, which is supposed to be forbidden).

1 Holliday (MarkHB), 4 to lynch.
3 dreamingwriter (keeptrying,Holliday,1TrackMind) 2 to lynch
1 keeptrying (dreamingwriter) 4 to lynch

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

Ok, I'm taking back my lynch attempt (was a misunderstanding) but I believe that the clue we're looking for is the Coast Hotel, since it was mentioned in the last day story and in this story. Now, there's the obvious fact that it leads to Holliday, but I also noticed that in the Day story in the same section as the Coast Hotel that the phrase Safe House is mentioned, with capital letters. CHSH brings up a way of fixing shells on computers and a business, while SHCH brings up a graphics website.

And after seeing Mark's post I'm joining his lynch:

2 Holliday (MarkHB, dreamingwriter, 3 to lynch

Edited by dreamingwriter, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:17 PM.

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

OK, here's my dilemma: I figured out the clue Auto was talking about, but I only got it because she made this recent post, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with deus ex machina moves like that (sorry, A.)

I understand. If you guys want me to stop the game now, I wouldn't be offended. I'm now thinking it was a crappy thing to do.

Again, there are other clues in the story, which become more obvious as you read more stories.

Edited by Autobiography, Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:52 AM.