The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

I've been getting the same message.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 5:21 PM

Obviously SOME people are able to get into the messaging system. I have TWO messages waiting for me to read them, but I'm still "not allowed" to do so. *sigh*

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

Obviously SOME people are able to get into the messaging system. I have TWO messages waiting for me to read them, but I'm still "not allowed" to do so. *sigh*

Right? Must be nice to send messages. Must be even nicer to receive messages.

HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

Alas, I am among those who cannot access messages. Bummer :(

1trackmind

1trackmind

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:22 PM

Same here, I have a message waiting for me that I can't get to either. How frustrating.

Maybe Night should be extended for the Villains if this keeps up too long?

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Judging from the emails i got at home, it appears that the system will automatically [s]send a PM[/s] "start a conversation" to notify the newly-friended person. So those are probably system-generated messages in your Inboxes.

Edited by MarkHB, Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:19 PM.

TJ track99

TJ track99

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

Judging from the emails i got at home, it appears that the system will automatically [s]send a PM[/s] "start a conversation" to notify the newly-friended person. So those are probably system-generated messages in your Inboxes.

Yup. I friended a bunch of you, so it's likely it's from me!

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

Similar to the e-mails we used to get to notify us of PMs? *sigh*

Fine. I'll be patient. Although, as I mentioned in another forum to a mutual friend, I'm not that patient.

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

I know, this is super frustrating! Even checked the technical threads but apparently it's "being worked on", just hope it gets fixed soon.

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 3:47 AM

Yeah, I agree that the Messenger issue must be frustrating for everybody.

As of now, yeah, I think I'll extend Night another 24 hours, at least for now. So, right now, Night ends at 12 AM on Sunday night. If the issue continues, maybe I'll just postpone the round until it's resolved.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

Has anyone had any luck accessing their Messenger yet?

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

I haven't. Is everyone else having this problem, too?

For now, I'm putting the game on hold as not only can I not access messages, but no one else can, either!

HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

It seems that everyone is having this problem, since it is item #1 on the "current issues" post-upgrade bugs thread here... I know it's easier to click on messages and see if I get them than going to this other thread, but I've been keeping an eye on it just so I won't wonder if I'm the only one still affected.

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 5:04 PM

Yeah, I'm still unable to get the two messages I have. I hope they get it fixed really soon!

HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 7:47 AM

Hey guys - I don't know about the rest of you, but I can get to my messages now... Just a head's up!

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 8:11 AM

I got to mine this morning as well... and hello to all my new friends! :)

TJ track99

TJ track99

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

I can get to mine too. Hello friends!!

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

I can get to mine too! Woot, can't wait!

kimmykaybee

kimmykaybee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

I can also access my messages. When will night end again?

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

My messenger's working too! Sweet!

Edited by The Mad Maple, Mar 26, 2012 @ 5:20 PM.

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

Yay, PMs are back!

However, I have still not yet received a PM from someone. Since I believe this is due due to the PMs being down before the deadline closed, I will wait until tomorrow to officially end Night.

Edit: Final PM received!-and this story is gonna be interesting!

Edited by Autobiography, Mar 28, 2012 @ 4:12 PM.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

Yeah, you say that now....

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 4:10 PM

Just an update on the story. It's about halfway done, and I again have an editor for it, and so it should be up and posted by 7 PM tomorrow night. I try to have stories up within 48 hours of actions being completed.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

Yeah, sure. Rub it in....

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 7:11 PM

I try to have stories up within 48 hours of actions being completed.

Yeah, sure. Rub it in....

Well, I think your stories are still better than mine... ;)

Night 1

“You’ve had a hard 24 hours, son,” said Bobby to Matt, as the twilight came streaming in his window. Having been checked out by the doctors, Matt and his son were going to be able to leave the hospital in the morning. “You get your rest, and I’ll see you at the hotel in the morning.”

“Thanks, you too,” said Matt. He held his son in his arms, fast asleep after having been fed. “How’s Lily doing?”

“Well enough, all things considered. You want her to come by later, maybe have her bring some balloons by to brighten up the place?” Bobby replied, grabbing his coat and rising to leave.

“Well…no, that’s okay,” Matt replied. He knew with everything she had been through, it was probably better for her to remain with those she was already comfortable with, Peter and the others at the hotel. Having been a police officer for so many years, it knew it was better to make sure she was okay before introducing anything else to her so fast. The last thing he wanted to do was cause more trauma for anyone. I’m not my father, he thought to himself. “I’ll let her rest tonight, and then see her in the morning.”

“Sounds good,” replied Bobby. “See you in the morning,” he said, and then he was out the door.

Finally, Matt had a few moments of peace alone with his son. Slowly, so as not to wake, him, he rose from his bed and placed him in the crib the nurses had brought for him. Only 24 hours ago, you were here with me, Janice, he thought sadly to himself. He watched his son sleep.

Gradually, though, he became aware of someone else in the room. It happened as it usually did, telepathically. He could by now pick up random bits of conversation at will around him, in a busy environment like the hospital, fairly easily. However, one of the mental dialogues was by itself, and closer than the others. And seemed to be in a British voice…

Instinctively, Matt reached for his gun located inside his coat. Baby Matt, sensing the tension, started to fuss.

“It’s okay buddy, everything’s okay, daddy’s right here,” said Matt aloud, trying to calm his agitated son while also keeping control of his ability. It was more difficult with his son crying, the telepathic signals beginning to waver and rise, from everywhere around him, like a radio searching for a signal.[*] However, he could still hear the British one coming closer.

Matt held his gun ready. Through the open door, he couldn’t see anyone, but “heard” a strong presence. “Oh look, a gun,” said the invisible thoughts, “how original for an American.”

“That’s right, and don’t come any close, I know you’re there,” said Matt.

Bullocks! Can he see me, or-“

“I know you’re there! Show me your hands, or I swear to God I’ll shoot in three, two-“

A shabbily-dressed, unkept figure shimmered into view. His hands, as requested, were up in the air. He wasn’t carrying a weapon. And he wasn’t Adam Monroe. “Hello, mate,” he said. So you’re the telepath Poodle Peter told me about. “

Two thoughts came to Matt at that point-Poodle-the hell? and Not even Peter would be dumb enough to just tell a random invisible friend of his where we are without telling me first. So that must mean... Aloud, he said “Are you Claude?”

“Claude Rains, the one and only invisible man? Here at your service, gov’ner,” he replied with a tip of an invisible hat. Matt looked up.

“Don’t worry, just an imaginary tip of the hat to someone like you. That’s a pretty good ability you have, being able to track someone like me.” He paused. “So, are you going to be John Wayne, or…”

Matt realized he was still brandishing his gun. “Oh. Yeah. Sorry.”

“No offense taken,” said Claude as he slowly made his way into the room. “Oh, and I have something for your son,” he said, as Matt quickly wondered if he should still keep his gun out.

“Don’t worry, it’s only a present,” said Claude as he reached into his inside coat pocket, “I just thought I’d give this to you now, while you still have that thing out, so you don’t shoot me if I try to give it to you later.”

Matt looked at the object. It was a stuffed bear. “Nice bear,” he said.

“And I can see you’re a detective. Peter told me,” said Claude. He handed it to Matt. “It’s for the baby,” he said.

“Thanks.” He put it in his son’s crib. Baby Matty was now almost back to sleep. Claude came closer. “May I?” he asked.

“Oh. Um, sure,” said Matt, knowing his intent. He realized he had barely spoken more than one syllable this entire conversation, after Claude had revealed himself. Seeing an invisible man will do that to you, he thought. But after what Peter had told him about him-that despite his gruff exterior, he not only cared but was knowledgeable about all kinds of abilities-he could be trusted once you got to know him.

Claude looked at the baby in the crib. “He’s beautiful. Happy Father’s Day.”

“Thanks,” said Matt again, unsure what to say next.

“Fancy some donuts?” Claude asked.

Over coffee and donuts, Matt had given him his eyewitness description to what had gone on, Claude decided to go back to the crime scene-Matt’s house-to see if he could see any clues or signs left behind. With Matt being a detective, and Claude being a former special agent and current Invisible Man, as he styled himself, they worked well together.

Matt gave permission to Claude to take his car back to his house. It wasn’t that far a drive. As Claude slowly pulled in, he put on his natural ability and went to work.

He didn’t know, however, that Gordon Walker had also arrived at the burned shell that was formerly Matt’s home.

As had Azazel, to make sure they weren’t being followed by anyone.

Claude didn’t know it, but he had just signed his death sentence.

Gordon Walker, while not naturally invisible like his prey, could become essentially invisible through years of training as a hunter. He was hiding behind a pile of leaves, in his camouflage, when he heard a car pull up. He picked up his binoculars and looked through them to check the license plate on the car. It was the same as Parkman’s. But it wasn’t Parkman driving. It was a man he had never seen before. Who then…

Oh, hell no. Gordon wasn’t letting this kind of voodoo demon go free.

He followed the tracks of the invisible...thing (as he wasn’t sure if it was some kind of disguised demon, a human who had sold his soul for demonic powers, or something that he didn’t even recognize) to around the back of the house. When Claude leaned over to inspect the wreckage, to see if he could recognize any signs of pyrokinesis, he felt something jump onto his back.

He tried to fight the man off, who was yelling something in Latin as he grabbed a sharp, specialized blade. As fought him off, Gordon brought out his taser and fired it in the direction of the disappearing sound of a man running.

Claude felt his entire body convulse, and he fell temporarily paralyzed to the ground, as his body came back into view as he now had no control over his ability from the shock.

Gordon plunged the knife first into his heart, and then his head, muttering words in Latin to kill demons and dispel curses.

Claude was able, as he knew he was likely dying, to try to broadcast a message to Matt of the image of his killer before being twice stabbed.

Matt, asleep in bed, suddenly jolted awake at the deadly movie of a man he had never seen, or heard of, before. And he knew something had gone very, very wrong.

Azazel, being a demon, was overjoyed at the idea of watching a deadly brawl between two humans. He smiled as he saw the Hunter strike his knife, and then again, into the body of his trophy. He had been going to take care of this “Invisible Man” himself, but Gordon Walker had beaten him to it.

He had a hell of a tale for Adam and Ava when he returned.

*Not actually a clue. I just loved the simile so much, I had to keep it, and thought it would look like a misleading clue. Because, clearly, I’ve never thought how my superpowers would function if I had them… ;)

There are, however, four actual clues in the story.

DEAD: HelenaHandbasket, Claude Rains-Special Investigator. Would receive clues, but not told who they were for.

CURRENT PLAYER LIST:
The Mad Maple
MarkHB
Holliday
TJ track99
1trackmind
CarsonMcKay
kimmykaybee
dreamingwriter
bparhad
keeptrying

Day has officially begun, and will end at 5:15 PM Saturday.

Edited by Autobiography, Mar 29, 2012 @ 7:08 PM.

HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 7:13 PM

Boo!

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

Helena! Noooooo!!

Okay, so again we have four clues and one simile that isn't a clue. I don't think I like this....

Holy Mother of Pearl! Tomorrow's going to be busy, but I'll try to get in again to read through this and see if I can find ANYTHING.

Nicely written, Auto, but ye gods... four clues? We have a history among this group of the wrong people finding the right clues as it is. *sobs*

1trackmind

1trackmind

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

Dude, did Helena...just get ganged up on? Gordan killed her and Azazel was there to do the same thing. But Gordan isn't with him, so...we have a rogue as well as a villain team.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:49 PM

First things first...

Well, I think your stories are still better than mine... ;)

I'll venture no opinion on that, but you're definitely cuter than he is. :D

Oh wow... I may have found a clue.

You want her to come by later, maybe have her bring some balloons by to brighten up the place?

Balloons... as in red balloons, or luftballoons if you prefer....

as in 99 of them?

Sorry, bro.

Dude, did Helena...just get ganged up on? Gordan killed her and Azazel was there to do the same thing. But Gordan isn't with him, so...we have a rogue as well as a villain team.

Azazel is with the villain team, so yeah, it seems like this Gordon character is our crazed serial killer and would-be demon slayer.

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

I hate when we lose an investigator! The possible clues that stood out to me were: John Wayne, voodoo demon, Matt's thought of "I'm not my father", the repeated use of 24 hours, and Claude wishing Parkman a happy Father's Day. I'll attempt to Google some of these and see what comes up.