Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

I vote yes!!

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

The weekend works for me. :)

(By the way, I figured out my third villain, so unless my family drama ramps up again in the next month, I ought to be able to take the next one.)

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

Thanks guys!

Yay Maple!

So, it looks like the final Mafia player list is:
The Mad Maple
MarkHB
Holliday
TJ track99
1trackmind
CarsonMcKay
kimmykaybee
HelenaHandbasket
dreamingwriter
bparhad

Edited by Autobiography, Mar 17, 2012 @ 6:50 PM.

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 6:52 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

The Prologue is about 75% done, excluding editing and revision. I have all the characters chosen, so once I send it to be edited I will pick player roles and assign PMs!

Edited by Autobiography, Mar 17, 2012 @ 6:53 PM.

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

*anticipates PM* :)

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

Here we go!

Supernatural/Heroes Mafia

Prologue

The spinning mobile above baby Matthew gently whirred, in response to his parents entering the room.

“He’s beautiful,” said his father, Matthew Parkman (Sr.) gently.

“He should-he’s yours,” his still ex-wife responded, equally gently. They had only recently reconciled. Their remarriage, in particular after the birth of what Matt now knew to be his son, seemed imminent.

Baby Mattie cooed happily in his crib under the watchful eyes of his loving parents.

It was around nine at night when they again left the room.

Silently, their inevitable future slowly crept closer in the form of a man with mysterious yellow eyes.

Janice Parkman awoke to the sound of her son crying.

She took a deep breath, and looked over to the other side of the bed, only to see it empty. Are you with him already honey?, she wearily thought, knowing her telepathic husband would be able to hear her thoughts. As she quietly rose from the bed and tried to suppress a yawn, her pink nightgown reflected the moonlight with shimmers.

When she reached her son’s room across the hall, she checked the clock. Almost exactly midnight. Strange, she thought. “Is he hungry, Matt?” she asked. And that’s when her sleepy fog began to be penetrated by noticing that her son was crying worse than usual, and that…the build of the man at her son’s crib was not her husband’s…

“Matt!” she screamed and ran for the door.

That’s when the figure cloaked in shadows turned around, a smile on his face despite the crying and chaos around him. His eyes glittered an eerie, supernatural yellow.

“You,” she said.

And that when Janice Parkman was suddenly flung upwards. She instantly died in a burst of flame upon the ceiling of her son’s bedroom.

Although Matt Parkman had fallen asleep in front of the TV, he was suddenly jolted awake. He couldn’t tell why, until he felt with every fiber of his being that something was wrong.

“Janice!?” he yelled as he ran up the stairs. He tried to tune in to the chaos upstairs and simultaneously heard and felt three different beings, one of them his wife. He heard her think “Oh God-” and then it was as if a bang of static went off in his mind and he reeled to the ground in shock and confusion. Dimly, he heard his son crying.

“So, do we have anything on this guy, anything at all, besides what you saw in a dream,” Dean asked his younger brother Sam as they drove like a bat out of hell towards Matt Parkman’s home in Los Angeles.

“Well, there were some clues in Dad’s journal, about people like the Special Children,” said Sam, referring to children like himself who had, in infancy, had their home invaded by a Yellow-Eyed Man (really the demon Azazel in disguise as a human) after previously making pacts with a parent of theirs before they had even been conceived. Then, sometimes years later, on the six month anniversary of their infant’s birth, he had come into their home, feed the child his demon blood in order to create a human child with mental powers he could manipulate to do his will-and kill any parents who tried to intervene by pinning them to the wall and killing them in a sudden housefire-usually the mother.

Sam was one of those children. Fortunately, his father retaliated by becoming a Hunter, one of those who hunted down and killed those same kinds of demons, ghosts, and other real terrors that went bump in the night, to protect the world and those they loved.

After their father had been killed by Azazel in a later confrontation with him, the boys, the Winchester Brothers, Dean and Sam, had kept their father’s hunting journal to use it for clues to hunt the various supernatural things they would fight. Occasionally, there would be a reference to a woman who could, say, walk through fire and not get burned, or an artist who could paint a picture that six months later would come true. As there had been no nursery fires or home invasion in those cases, he believed it was possible that they could have these abilities naturally.

“You really believe superheroes exist?” Dean had asked him once.

“Son, if vampires, werewolves and ghosts can exist, shouldn’t it be reasonable to think that people might have actually evolved ways to combat them?” he had replied.

Dean had never questioned his father on anything, and with everything he knew existed, kept alive in his mind the possibility that people like that could exist. But he had never seen one with his own eyes. At least, until possibly now.

Sam had woken him earlier that night frantic, with another visionlike dream about a housefire and a baby in danger. Fortunately, they were close enough in driving distance to LA that they might be able to make it to the house in time. Maybe.

Adam Monroe stood outside the now burning house along with Ava Wilson, one of the Special Children that Azazel had enlisted into his fight.

“That’s my cue,” said Adam as he started towards the now raging inferno. The plan had been that if Azazel had been stopped in his quest of Baby Matt, Adam would come in with his regenerating abilities and make sure the infant was unharmed in the blaze.

Ava, who now had additional mental abilities due to following Azazel, besides her Precognition, were there to help facilitate escape should anything happen.

In the dense smoke and chaos, Matt mentally held on to the telepathic wail of his son. He knew, as he struggled to rise, that his wife was gone and that he would never let go of his son’s call unless he was dead first. He managed to make his way down the hall and fought to control his ability as he became increasingly aware of another presence, a dark form that held his son. With so much focus on his mental abilities, he was physically able to only jump on the dark form, wishing he had his gun on him.

Azazel, knowing a moment like this was likely coming, used his telekinesis to take up the baby and send him flying outside of the room, to relative safety as he also flung his father against the wall.

Matt tried to force his mind into the man’s but found there was already a presence there, one with Yellow Eyes.

“Demon possession, eh,” said the Yellow-Eyed Man with a laugh. “What are you going to do? You want to come at me, bro?”

“What are you?”

“Well, my real name is Azazel, but this meatsuit I’m wearing is just my current form. It comes in real handy when I need physical form.”

“Physical form, eh?”

Suddenly, he heard a gunshot. Then another. And a British-accented voice saying “Who the devil are you?”

It was Adam Monroe, after being heroically attacked by the Winchesters. “Sam, get the baby!” Matt heard an unfamiliar male voice yell. He didn’t know who the hell this “Sam” guy was, but knew his son was alive somewhere downstairs. As he attempted to physically wrestle Azazel to the ground, a young man came into the burning room and suddenly helped Matt pin him to the ground.

“I’m Dean Winchester, your son is downstairs, now go!” he yelled and Matt, happy to have some source of guidance in all of this confusion, followed his direction. At the bottom of the stairs, he took his son from the arms of another young man (who he later learned was Sam Winchester) and they ran outside together. He saw what appeared to be the body of Adam Monroe slumped on the stairs, but didn’t have time to check to see if he was really dead.

Still upstairs, Dean knowing he was likely about to die, didn’t mind as long as he took his parents’ killer, Azazel, with him. He took out his holy-water covered iron knife, and was about to cast it into the heart of the man Azazel currently possessed, when the demon smiled, said “Tell Sammy I said hello,” and jumped out of the burning window.

“No!” yelled Dean and made it out of the burning house before it began to collapse, chasing him. He was suddenly felled by a blow from the regenerated Adam Monroe, who then ran off into the night along with the rest of his villainous cabal.

The fire department arrived soon after that. The Winchester Brothers accompanied Matt and his son to the hospital, where they began to explain to him what he had just witnessed, and what it all meant. Matt, in turn, told them about his ability, others like him, and how they could help. He called the most powerful Hero he knew, naive as he was.

Peter Petrelli was soon at his beside after flying (without a plane) from New York, to try and figure out how they could stop these new villainous plans. Peter, once he had helped the Winchesters find a safe house for Matt and his son, decided he needed some help and went about going back to New York, to the roof of the Deveaux building, to see if he could find an old friend who knew about investigating people.

And Dean and Sam, meanwhile, called Andy Gallagher, who was also a Special Child, who they had met some months previously when he had had to kill his twin brother who was using his powers for evil, at the behest of Azazel. His mental powers, not unlike Matt’s, would prove useful. Hell, maybe Matt could even teach him a thing or two.

After they had been stopped in Los Angeles by the Winchester Brothers, Azazel decided that the next place they should go was to San Diego, California, to see if they could find another recruit of a Special Child-Lily Baker, with her own unique abilty.

Gordon Walker, after reading in the paper the strange nursery fire in Los Angeles, gathered his things and also drove down there. He made sure his knives were extra sharp.

DAY 1 WILL BE POSTED AFTER PMs GO OUT.

CURRENT PLAYER LIST:
The Mad Maple
MarkHB
Holliday
TJ track99
1trackmind
CarsonMcKay
kimmykaybee
HelenaHandbasket
dreamingwriter
bparhad
keeptrying

TJ track99

TJ track99

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 5:21 PM

Awesome story, Auto! I've never seen Supernatural, so I don't know too much about the characters (aside from their names), but I think I'm going to love this round!

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

Thanks! For those of you who don't follow Supernatural, here is a link to their wiki explaning more about those characters: Supernatural Wiki.

Also, THERE WERE NO CLUES IN THE PROLOGUE.

Whew!

All PMs have been sent out, and Day one will be up later today-tomorrow morning at the very latest.

Some ground rules:

Day will be 48 hours. Period.* Before, I've been lenient, and that just led usually to Villains taking advantage of the situation-the very thing I was trying to prevent! If I miss the cutoff date, due to my volunteer hours, say, the cutoff date will be backdated to that time-an additional vote for a certain person won't be counted, that kind of thing.

As well, I will be strict about Night Actions. They must be in within 48 hours, or they don't count.*

*This means "In most circumstances." I'm adding it not to try and slip in an otherwise illegal lynching, it's because we are all playing this game long-distance and so things may happen. Extensions to the 48-hour rule may be given, but only under special circumstances. Like your grandmother ran over your dog on the way to the emergency room. Or this is Finals Week for you. Things like that. Otherwise, I think 48 hours is a reasonable amount of time for people to factor in the time they will need to be at work and take care of family and still vote.

That's it for now. Have fun!

Edit:

I have the Day 1 story ready. Would you guys like to start the game now, or wait until the weekend is over to start the 48 hours for Day?

Edited by Autobiography, Mar 18, 2012 @ 8:32 PM.

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

*eagerly awaits Day 1*

TJ track99

TJ track99

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

For those who didn't read, at the top of The Rec Room (and other forum pages) is an announcement about the forums getting updated soon. So you should archive your PM's so they don't get lost.

Also, I want Day Onnnnnnnnnne :(

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

Tech-idiot here. I've got some pretty old PMs saved and really don't want to lose them. How do I archive them?

Yes, Day One soon, please?

TJ track99

TJ track99

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 3:40 PM

trying (and all): Go like you're going to read your PM's. Then on the left-hand side of the manager should be an "Archive Messages" link. You can then choose which ones to save and how (as HTML or Excel).

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

After reading the Forum Message, I was debating whether not to leave Day 1 until after the Forum Hiatus. However, I promised it today, and so here it is!

Day 1

“Well, that was an excellent plan,” Adam snarked as they drove south along the I-5, the Pacific Ocean crashing in waves as the miles rolled along to San Diego, California, like satanic moths to a flame.

Sam and Dean had called an old friend of theirs, Bobby Singer, to see what magic he could work on the info he had regarding the Special Children like Sam, Ava and Andy.

“Bobby says he’s got a lead on a Lily Baker, address says she lives in San Diego,” Sam said as he relayed the information to Dean in Matt’s hospital room.

“You want me to fly there and get her?” asked Peter.

Sam and Dean exchanged a look.

Lilly awoke from another troubling nightmare, this time at the sound of the phone. She sat up in bed, ignoring the trilling sound and trying to focus her roiling mind.

As she went into the bathroom, the phone continued to ring.

“She’s not picking up,” said Sam to the others.

“Well, I don’t blame her,” said Dean. “Would you pick up a stranger’s number, only for him to tell you that you are about to be inducted into the League of Demons?”

“Do you have a picture of her?” asked Andy.

“Why?”

“So I could try to contact here. If I see her, maybe I could project a message to her?”

“Wait, so you want to use your Demon Powers on this poor girl?” asked Dean.

“Would you rather wait for her to get killed or worse?” asked Sam.

“May I say something?” said Matt.

All eyes turned to him. “Since we seem to be in this together now, we should work together. I have an idea.”

Lily was still in the bathroom, washing her hands, when she began to feel a tingling headache. Wearily, she reached up for the extra-strength Tylenol when she suddenly saw something in her mind’s eye, a man she’d never seen before. Two of them actually.

“Wha-”

“Lilly, it’s okay, we’re here to help you. I’m like you.”

“What?”

The man looked exasperated, and then said “Look out now!” Lily then saw what appeared to be two men flying and landing in front of her bathroom window “May we come in?” he mentally asked.

Within the hour, Peter and Andy had convinced Lily to come with them. Andy had explained that once Sam had been sent a picture of Lilly to his phone, Andy had been able to focus in on it and send her a telepathic message. And Peter had flown them there. Peter, whose powers could be devastating like hers, if ignored and uncontrolled. Lilly, who before had hated herself for what she could do, began to feel like a beacon relit: if she could learn to control her ability, it gave hope to people like her, people like Peter and all of the Special Children.

For Lilly had the ability to kill people with a touch, via Electrocution.

Peter then managed to fly Andy and Lilly separately back to the abandoned house that was their new safehouse. There, they slowly began to put into motion a plan of attack to fight back against those who would seek to kill them. Peter had managed to convince Claude to help them, for as much as he liked to be left the hell alone, he also didn’t want the world to be subject to the whims of demons and madmen. It was decided Claude would be an idling prowl spy, covertly watching the affairs of Azazel, Ava and Adam from a distance. Naturally, his ability of invisibility was a great help in that.

Lily wasn’t sure that someone she considered to be an English thug to follow them was a good idea, but Peter told her how Claude had helped him control his own ability, and she reluctantly agreed.

And all Azazel, Ava and Adam found at Lilly’s house was evidence that she was nowhere to be found.

DAY ONE CONTAINED 4 CLUES.

LIST OF PLAYERS
The Mad Maple
MarkHB
Holliday
TJ track99
1trackmind
CarsonMcKay
kimmykaybee
HelenaHandbasket
dreamingwriter
bparhad
keeptrying

Day 1 will end at 12 AM Thursday, to adjust for the time the board will be down. Otherwise, all Day and Nights will be 48 hours.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:27 PM

Four clues???

Holy hell...I'm going to need a bigger decoder ring!

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

Sorry I haven't been online in a few days. Our hotel was the checkpoint for the first leg of the Cain's Quest, and we've been pretty damn busy this weekend. (And, I've gotta be honest, what little time I've had to go online was eaten up by that new Avengers game on Facebook.)

Anyhoo, did anyone else pick out any clues in the Day 1 story? 'Cause I couldn't find any.

(Okay, after re-reading, that bit about a "beacon relit" seems pretty clueish, but I have no idea who it could be pointing to.)

1trackmind

1trackmind

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

I had the same thought MM, but I am still puzzling over who it could be pointing to as well.

Watch it turn out to just be nothing later. Ah, I had forgotten the fun of picking every tiny word apart!

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

"Satanic moths to a flame" could be pointing to either Helena or kimmy kaybee.

Claude's in this? Is curiousmonkey back and helping you write it? :D

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

"Satanic moths to a flame" could be pointing to either Helena or kimmy kaybee.

That's what I thought too until I noticed the misspelled Lilly/Lilys. Methinks missing Ls = when you keep missing, you keeptrying

Edited by Holliday, Mar 19, 2012 @ 10:29 PM.

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

I noticed a couple of mentions of light, the 'beacon relit' and 'moths to a flame', also found the 'idling prowl spy' an interesting term for Claude. Any ideas of who those might point to? Also, so happy that Bobby's in this, he's like my favorite character! :)

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:51 PM

Also, so happy that Bobby's in this, he's like my favorite character! :)

Mine, too. (I came damn close to putting him in my round, too, but I only wanted to use one character from each show, and Crowley was too good a villain. But hey, I am reshuffling things, so who knows....)

Edited by The Mad Maple, Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:52 PM.

HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 7:38 AM

I'm seeing the same clues as you guys.

The double L in Lily could refer to HoLLiday.
I agree that "satanic moths to a flame" could point to me or kimmy, but it's not me...
"beacon relit" - if you have to relight your beacon, you must keeptrying
"idling prowl spy" could be dreaming (an idling mind) or keeptrying (as with an idling car)

Then there is also
"roiling mind" - dreaming or 1trackmind
"I-5" - a numbered highway could be TJtrack99 or 1trackmind

And the capitalized E in "Electrocution" could be something, but I have no idea whom it would point to.

No offense to anyone... Just brainstorming :)

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:24 AM

Four clues?? Geez, overachiever much there, Auto?

Okay, we have eleven people playing and:

Adam
Sam
Dean
Bobby
Ava
Andy
Matt
Peter
Lily/Lilly
Claude
Azazel
Gordon (from Prologue)

as listed characters. I'm not worried that we potentially have more characters than players because Auto has used NPCs in the past.

I don't know Supernatural, so I can't speak to the apparent inconsistency in a character's name, except to disagree with Holliday that it points to me. It doesn't.

"Satanic moths to a flame," jumped out the first time I read it, too.

"Beacon relit" is interesting, although not directed at me (sorry). I saw it as more of a hopeful note than another attempt.

Ah, I had forgotten the fun of picking every tiny word apart!

Aren't you glad I suggested you come back? :D

Hee! I have a feeling our girl has moved on....

"idling prowl spy" could be dreaming (an idling mind) or keeptrying (as with an idling car)

Well, that's interesting, Helena. Oh, and no offense taken, of course. However, I'll just point out that if your car is idling, it is already going, and there is no need for trying.
And not related to the game:

You can then choose which ones to save and how (as HTML or Excel).

Thanks, TJ. Of course, it seems to want me to save them in groups of ten, which is more than I don't want to lose, so I guess I'll save them all. I thought it would let me check the ones I want to archive. Whatever. I can delete them later. Thanks!

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

Oh wow, four clues? This should either up the odds that I find one or make me feel even dumber when I can't find any : )

kimmykaybee

kimmykaybee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

Yay, new game!

I swear you guys, "satanoic moths to a flame" does not point to me.

She sat up in bed, ignoring the trilling sound and trying to focus her roiling mind.

This sentence stuck out to me just because when I think of cell phone rings, "trilling" is not a word I would use often to describe the sound. "Roiling" is also a word that isn't commonly used, IMO.

TJ track99

TJ track99

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

Four clues? Why do I think that means they're all subtle and not obvious??

She sat up in bed, ignoring the trilling sound and trying to focus her roiling mind.

This stood out to me too. And I was attempting to imagine if somehow trilling + roiling could equal trying...only to later notice the obvious, that "trying" was actually right there in the sentence already. Heh. Oops.

"satanic moths to a flame" and "a beacon relit" also stood out for me, but like the rest of you I can't seem to find who it could point to.

I thought finding "covert" and "affairs" near each other might mean a hint about the show, but I couldn't find anything.

And for some reason the phrases "Look out now!" and "English thug" are also sticking out for me.

Edited by TJ track99, Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:58 AM.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:23 AM

Wow... first post with the new boards. I wish the conversion had applied the new formatting to the old quotes; it's hard to tell what's what in the old stuff. Maybe that's still coming.

Hee! I have a feeling our girl has moved on....

I do believe you're right.

Edited by MarkHB, Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:24 AM.

Autobiography

Autobiography

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 2:41 AM

Alright, it is now Night as of 12 AM! You have 48 hours (until Midnight on Saturday Night) to get your Night Actions in.

dreamingwriter

dreamingwriter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

I know it's night but I can't get into my messages! If anyone needs to get ahold of me, email me at trekkiebabe31@yahoo.com, I'll be trying to figure this out.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

According to the Upgrade Issues thread, the "you are not allowed to use the Messaging system" error is common; I'm receiving it as well. It may even be system-wide (although I'm not sure on that).

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

I'm getting that message, too. Hopefully, it'll be cleared up soon.