TWoP Mafia

• Please log in to reply

3849 replies to this topic

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2008 @ 1:18 AM

I'm not sure how many of you have heard of the forum game Mafia, but I thought it'd be really fun if we had one going on here in TWoP. The game is kind of hard to explain, but if you read the wikipedia article I linked to, you can kind of catch the gist of it. Anyways, before we can even start the game, I need people to sign up- about 16 people. The first people will be added first. Sorry if you are too late. HOWEVER, if someone is inactive at any point during the game, you could replace them. Once we have enough people, I'll assign you either as the mafia, or part of the village. I will be your narrator, or mod (not like a forum mod, which is why I'll use narrator). Once the game gets going, I'll update this post with rules, whose alive, whose dead, etc. I've never hosted a game of Mafia before, only played, but it's lots of fun. Once the sign-up ends, I'll explain the game better. If anyone has played prior, feel free to send me a pm filled with suggestions/criticism. :)
-------------------------
Alive (7/9):
01. The Mad Maple
02. bluejaylove
03. CarsonMcKay
04. ButterflyBandit
05. zombygirl
06. Split Ends
07. fay

Dead:
01. wandakat (Townie, Killed by the Mafia Night 0)
02. AbrilOrchid (Townie, Killed by the Mafia Night 1)
If you're a townie, you'll recieve this. You may not communicate during the night.

You are a townie. While you may not have any special abilities you still have your mind and your vote.

You win when all factions opposing the town have been eliminated.

If you're a mafia member, you'll get this:

You are part of the mafia. The other mafia members are ______. You may communicate during the night by PM and hang a townie each night.

You win when all factions opposing the mafia have been eliminated.

Edited by orangepenguin, Jul 18, 2008 @ 12:19 AM.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2008 @ 6:46 AM

I'm pretty active in the Heroes Mafia game, and should've know it'd only be a matter of time before it made its way to the Rec Room.

Pencil me in for now, but it depends on what show we're basing the first game on.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

Posted Jul 4, 2008 @ 4:41 PM

Oh good. I'm really glad there's already a TWOP Mafia somewhere on the site. =] I was thinking..since this is just The Rec Room, and we all are fans of very different things, the character aspect would be removed, and you'd just play as yourself - either as a mafia member, or village.

Heroes would (and by the looks of the thread) is a good show to base a game of mafia on, since well, half of them are Heroes, and the other are villains. But, we COULD just have Famous Heroes/Protagonist vs. Famous Villians/Antagonist (have people choose characters from whatever show they want). I added you to the list for now.

Edited by orangepenguin, Jul 4, 2008 @ 4:48 PM.

bluejaylove

bluejaylove

Stalker

Posted Jul 5, 2008 @ 2:42 PM

Count me in also!

CarsonMcKay

CarsonMcKay

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2008 @ 4:16 PM

I'm in! This sounds really fun.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2008 @ 4:59 PM

I'll do this one, Orange.

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2008 @ 11:23 PM

I'm in.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2008 @ 1:33 AM

I'll do this one, Orange.

If you want to, I'll let you be the narrator/mod. ;)

But for now, I added you all to the list.

AbrilOrchid

AbrilOrchid

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2008 @ 7:03 AM

Me too, please!

wandakat

wandakat

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2008 @ 10:07 AM

Sure, why not? :-)

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2008 @ 5:24 PM

I updated the list. =D

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2008 @ 6:38 PM

No no, you can mod.

Between setting up the new Mafia Heaven and keeping my online serials going, I don't think I could manage to mod anything right now.

I'm sure you'll do a great job and look forward to playing!

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2008 @ 9:55 PM

Alright.

Anymore people interested?

Split Ends

Split Ends

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2008 @ 10:42 PM

Heck, I'll give it a go. :-)

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

Posted Jul 8, 2008 @ 1:20 AM

I updated the list. I'll give it a day or two, and by then, we should have enough (well, we could start with the current number) to begin.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 11:14 AM

Mafia is a very fun game. On the Heroes board, we had to have an abbreviated first game because a lot of people didn't understand my rambling description of it (with reason haha) and/or were skeptical because it sounded like a RPG. But, then, the next round, we had a full cast and then some.

It was the same way the first place I ever played mafia.

On the home base (the mafia site I run), we generally have 15-20 people who'll regularly play any mafia. I will, as well, except when I have to set up private villain forums (which make Mafia so much easier).

fay

fay

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 2:21 PM

I'm in!

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 9:33 PM

I sent out all the PM's. If you received yours, please confirm here, by going /confirm, or something to that accord. Do not say what you got. That ruins the game. Do not show others your PM. If I find out, you will be eliminated. =[

Right now, the Mafia will deliberate and make the first kill. It is night. You have no idea that one of you will be gone. Have a nice night.

ETA: If you have any questions, please PM me. The time for non-game stuff has ended. Trust nobody. Except me, of course. *winks*

Edited by orangepenguin, Jul 10, 2008 @ 9:35 PM.

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 9:38 PM

/confirm :)

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 9:48 PM

Also, please make sure your inbox isn't full. If you didn't get one, that's probably why. ;) You know who you are.

wandakat

wandakat

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 10:01 PM

Confirmed. Still a bit confused, but confirmed nonetheless.

Split Ends

Split Ends

Stalker

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 10:36 PM

Confirmed. And also a bit confused, and happy not to be the only confused one, but confirmed. (I sound Catholic now! How very Mafia.)

crazydaizy3

crazydaizy3

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 11:47 PM

I'm in!
...if you still need people, if not I'll wait.

Edited by crazydaizy3, Jul 10, 2008 @ 11:49 PM.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 1:17 AM

Also, please make sure your inbox isn't full. If you didn't get one, that's probably why. ;) You know who you are.

Heh.
Sorry 'bout that. Fixed now.

ButterflyBandit

ButterflyBandit

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 2:00 AM

Confirmed.

CarsonMcKay

CarsonMcKay

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 8:42 AM

Confirmed.

AbrilOrchid

AbrilOrchid

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 10:06 AM

Confirmed.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 12:06 PM

Still waiting....

fay

fay

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 2:43 PM

Confirmed.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 11:56 PM

1.) Never share your PMs. NEVER. That defeats the purpose of the game.
2.) During the day you can vote for a player that you think should be lynched. Votes must be bolded otherwise they won't be counted. It would be helpful if players unvote when switching their votes.
3.) When a player reaches a majority of votes, they are lynched. I will reveal their role, and the game will move into night. All players can still talk during twilight.
4.) No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
5.) Once dead, you stop posting. An unrevealing bah post is fine. (when you find out, just say "bah")
6.) If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.
8.) Try to post at least once every 48 hours. If you don't post for 72 a prod may be requested. 3 prods and you will be replaced. If you plan on being absent let others know (withing the thread or by PM to me).
9.) If discussion drops I will set a deadline. This may be retractable depending on how the pace picks up and how I'm feeling.
10.) I'll try to post votecounts as often as possible. Feel free to ask for a votecount at any time.
11.) Avoid excessive profanity, flaming etc. I'm not averse to swearing but others may be so treat them with respect.
12.) Do not quote or fakequote your role PM. This is a modkillable offence.
13.) This is my first game as a mod. If I make a mistake let me know by PM.
14.) If these rules do not cover something I reserve the right to make any other decision as need be.
15.) This is a game so HAVE FUN!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Murder, Murder"

The cries wake you from your fitful slumber. As you run out of your house you notice a maimed body in the street. Coming closer you can just identify that it is wandakat, an innocent civilian, that has been stabbed to death.

Shaken by this sudden act of violence, you are determined to do something about it. You decide to hold the people responsible by hanging them. Sadly, you don't know who did it. It takes 4 votes to hang somebody. Be careful. You might just kill another innocent citizen.

Day 1 Starts now.

(sorry wanda, you were killed by the mafia)

Edited by orangepenguin, Jul 11, 2008 @ 11:56 PM.