Raising Sextuplets: OMG!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1165 replies to this topic

ScarySkierNJ

ScarySkierNJ

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 12, 2009 @ 7:16 AM

I agree about there being a night and day difference between the two mothers! I loved how Jenny packed them up and drove them to a play date. The other mother, does not drive hither and yo and a few weeks ago took her 5 year old tups out and keep bragging how she was "doing it all by myself." I also loved how Jenny enjoyed the babies when they were babies. She told use how many diapers. bottles and such but NEVER complained about it. She enjoyed and was thankful for all the help she got. Although she would say she was tired, it wasn't a constant "I'm so exhausted." They were both hardworking, loving and caring and caring people. Wow.....I loved that she was on Deal or No deal......how cool! I'll tune in again and here's hoping that this family as well as the Hayes family stay grounded and don't become a cartoon version of themselves like the other family.

MommySusan1

MommySusan1

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 12, 2009 @ 11:34 AM

I also enjoyed, believe it or not, their arguing. It is a fact of life most couples argue from time to time. You are two adults trying to forge the same path and sometimes their will be friction/disagreements. When these two fought, there was no belittling or slapping of the face. I think they actually listened to each other. I don't know if they have knock down screaming matches when the camera isn't around, but at least they can keep it together enough to fight nicely for the camera (which another couple can't!). And when she said that she let her hubby get the kids up his way and chose not to fight about it, I just thought that the wife of the famous couple would never have done that in a million years!

buckeyechick47

buckeyechick47

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2009 @ 11:46 AM

To whoever said that the Dilleys (I don't know how to quote) were religous, they may be church goers but their children are not the result of following Quiverfull. They have said that it was years of infertility & using a fertility drug (the name of which escapes me). What I don't understand is why are the doctor's not using more of their discretion if these couples used IVF or whatever. When I spoke to my dr about IVF (since I can't get pregnant on my own) he would have only implanted me at the most w/2 embryos. He said anything more would be too dangerous.

may2

may2

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2009 @ 5:30 PM

Both Keith and Becky Dilley had fertility problems. It took them five years to get pregnant and their insurance didn't cover it. She had to hock her engagement ring at one point.

Allie2010

Allie2010

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 12, 2009 @ 5:39 PM

What I don't understand is why are the doctor's not using more of their discretion if these couples used IVF or whatever. When I spoke to my dr about IVF (since I can't get pregnant on my own) he would have only implanted me at the most w/2 embryos. He said anything more would be too dangerous.

The Dilley's,Gosselins and Masche's all used a drug to hyper stimulate their ovaries and then did an IUI(Intrauterine insemination)Much riskier for high order multiples than IVF where most Dr's believe 2 embryos is the max to implant(except for the quack Octomom went to)

lvtennisball

lvtennisball

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 1:56 AM

I'm not really liking the dad too much here. I give the mom credit for saying that when he is watching the kids, that he can do it his way. But, really, his way of getting them up in the morning is totally for his ease and benefit, and with no thought to the kids' happiness. How would you like to be the last kid taken out of your crib, having had to wait 25 minutes for the other kids to be taken out, changed, and given a bottle and some cereal, all in a very leisurely fashion? I don't think that's right. There's no real reason why the dad couldn't just dump all the kids in the playroom (like he did after breakfast, so he could clean up), and then take out one at a time and get them changed and in the table.

And his attitude about changing ONE diaper when he came home from work? They need to come to an agreement that either 1) if you worked that day, you don't have any child care responsibilities when you get home (doesn't make much sense to me) or 2) if you worked that day, when you get home, you take on MORE of the child care so as to give the other parent (who had been taking care of them all day) a bit of a break. He had an attitude about changing one diaper, and she just gave in and did it. I think it's obviously easier to go out to work than to take care of 6 toddlers, so no reason at all for him not to pitch in when he gets home.

lvtennisball

lvtennisball

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 1:56 AM

duplicate post

Edited by lvtennisball, Jun 13, 2009 @ 2:00 AM.

KLJ

KLJ

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 10:03 PM

Is it just me or...did the dad seem a bit gay? Okay a lot gay.

Yes!

I just caught this last night in which the dad was trying to lose weight. I missed the first episode I think. Anyway, they are both likable, but I think I'm sextuplet-ed out.

ScarySkierNJ

ScarySkierNJ

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 1:35 PM

Aren't Kate G, Becky D and Jenny M all in the medical field? I know Becky and Jenny waited years for their kids and Kate had been married less than year when she sought treatment. You would think being the the medical field they would be a little more careful and they all have the same mantra........"we just wanted one or maybe twins."

divatothemax

divatothemax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 3:32 PM

I hate the dad. He thinks it's so genius to take one kid at a time & leave the rest crying for who knows how long. I was kind of grossed out at the restaurant scene were the kids eating off of the table??? Gag

Baylor

Baylor

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 5:32 PM

I have been following this family in the news for a bit now, and there is one thing that really irks me. When you read their bio on wetv and watch the clips on the website, it's obvious this family is very well off. That's great and all, but why did they have their hand out so much in the beginning then? So that they can shop at Gymboree (see clip on website) instead of Walmart?! Please! Hope that money is given to those who really need it from now on.
That being said, the kids are super cute and I hope they don't become another jon & kate!

Edited by Baylor, Jun 14, 2009 @ 6:12 PM.

lvtennisball

lvtennisball

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 19, 2009 @ 2:11 AM

Ok, in the latest episode, when they are sitting with the kids at the kitchen table, discussing the logistics of carving the pumpkins that night, WHO were the kids running around in the hallway behind them? All of their kids were in the table. I rewound that a couple of times and couldn't figure it out.

And, wow, way to just beg for some ER visits with the laissez faire attitude about supervision outside, Mom. I know the kids got away from Dad (I had to laugh, because my one does that constantly), but at least he was trying to keep them contained and safe. Desert landscaping, a BBQ, things like that do not mix well with toddlers.

Baylor

Baylor

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2009 @ 12:17 PM

Great way to start the session off with both of them fighting. That will really set you apart from Jon & Kate! LOL! They have to dip into their SAVINGS too! The horror! Once again don't get the mentally that the public has to help them financially. Maybe they are over it now. I hope.
That being said, I wish them the best. I think all three boys and Bailey are particularly good looking!

lvtennisball

lvtennisball

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 19, 2009 @ 5:32 PM

Based on the show, it seems that they are both working hard to financially take care of their kids. She is working night shifts an hour away from home, and he is persuing his master's, to advance in his career and earn more money. They appear to be trying hard to honestly support their family.

dupreesgal

dupreesgal

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 25, 2009 @ 10:03 PM

Just finished watching the Tummy Tuck/Thanksgiving episode. This is only the second time I've seen the show. What struck me as wonderful was the wonderful support that Jenny and Brian get from both of their parents. Also, their brothers and sisters are also super-involved.

The focus of this show is also different than J&K. The show is about how the Masche's handle the kids and their lives, as opposed to the children's activities. In fact the kids kind of feel like background. I can see similarities between the couples, but there are some substantial differences.

missdavenport

missdavenport

Couch Potato

• Interests:My family, reading...oh, and of course television.

Posted Jun 25, 2009 @ 10:36 PM

Is it just me or...did the dad seem a bit gay? Okay a lot gay.

OMG. Yep, I came here to post that very thought. Well, maybe not gay....but certainly effeminate.

Cute show, but I'm not sure I could watch it regularly. I only caught the tummy tuck/Thanksgiving episode. I like Jenny and it's nice that they have such a great support system....but a little of the show goes a long way. Jenny's Mom annoyed me for some reason that I can't really explain, and her Father-in-law seemed like a bit of a jackass.

Again, these are impressions are based on only one episode. I could be totally off base.

BTW, I love the Dilleys. I like hearing about them once every couple of years and I think Becky and Keith seem like grounded and loving parents.

LLalltheway

LLalltheway

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2009 @ 11:17 PM

Can't stand them.

This is the family that said they shouldn't have to pay their portion of the hospital bill, based on all the free publicity the hospital got from them.

Pasasana

Pasasana

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2009 @ 12:16 AM

This is the family that said they shouldn't have to pay their portion of the hospital bill, based on all the free publicity the hospital got from them.

Is that true? That's awful if it is. I was liking Jenny because she let her children get dirty and muddy when they were planting the tree. That was a welcome change from KG.

Baylor

Baylor

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2009 @ 8:34 AM

It's true. They asked for diapers, a van, a hospital write-off, formula, and for people to donate to their dream house fund. I know someone said that on the show they seem to try to make an honest living. That may be true, but they had their hand out in the beginning for sure. They have also kind of admitted in articles that the fascination and interest and therefore handouts have died down since their 1st birthday. That's why I thought that if they can afford gymboree (see clip on wetv) and to invest recreationally in real estate (see their bios on wetv) then they can buy their own van. Don't complain about the cost of clothing sextuplets and then go shop at Gymboree. Don't try to keep the free diapers coming from others and then buy them what was obviously very high quality and pricy halloween costumes.
Lastly, I have spotted soo many obvious and big safety hazzards for the kids on that show. Hope they baby proof soon. The kids get cuter everytime though and they seem to love them to bits!

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2009 @ 12:34 PM

I wanted to like this family... but I just can't. I read Jenny say she learned "what not to do" from seeing the 'other' shows. Yet 3 episodes in she gets the KG tummy tuck and implants; both of which were paid for by the Network or donated services, not her.. Followed by getting to heal at a vacation home. Please. The 100 mentions of how "hard" it was to be away from the kids did nothing for me. She made the choice to get those things done. It wasn't some life or death surgery she had to do. Giving lip service to not wanting to be without your kids is meaningless when you're still willing to do it to get a boob job. Many women lose their boobs after having kids, and you know what? They manage to live without them... or pay with their own money to get them back without myrtering themselves for it.

Who doesn't feed their kids without plates? That bugged the hell out of me.

Keeping the key to the pool fence, in the door?! Are they kidding? Genius. I also didn't like Jenny telling the nephews did a "bad" thing and they shouldn't set a "bad" example. No, they didn't do something "bad". They were what 3/4? They did something most kids their age would do if not supervised right and had access to a pool that should have been more secure. She's damn lucky one of them didn't end up in there.

Who would go to a charity event becuase 6 babies will be there? Really, they're a draw?? I'd go to support the guy with cancer but seeing sextuplets would not make a difference to me when you're helping someone with a deadly illness. That's someone who should get their hospital bill taken care of and free surgeries.

Edited by Gigi43, Jun 27, 2009 @ 12:41 PM.

Baylor

Baylor

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2009 @ 5:39 PM

Another couple expecting sextuplets and wanting sponsors and a reality TV show ! Please God No!

Edited by Baylor, Jun 27, 2009 @ 5:40 PM.

lvtennisball

lvtennisball

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 27, 2009 @ 11:50 PM

Giving lip service to not wanting to be without your kids is meaningless when you're still willing to do it to get a boob job. Many women lose their boobs after having kids, and you know what? They manage to live without them... or pay with their own money to get them back without myrtering themselves for it.

The main surgery was the stomach surgery, which she apparently truly needed. It will definitely improve her quality of life, and I don't see anything wrong with her taking the time to do it. Of course she missed her kids. But the boob job didn't add any more time away from them.

Who doesn't feed their kids without plates? That bugged the hell out of me.

Hmmm...I usually put the food directly on the high-chair tray. I don't see anything wrong with it, just wipe off the tray when they are finished eating. When kids are just starting to feed themselves, it's easier that way. I'm starting to use plates, but the plate always ends up being banged around and the food dumped out of it. At this stage, plates are toys. I'm sure they will take to them soon enough.

Keeping the key to the pool fence, in the door?! Are they kidding? Genius... She's damn lucky one of them didn't end up in there.

ITA with that. She told the two kids to go play outside, but stay away from the pool. And has the key in the pool fence?!? They are very, very lucky that they only things floating in that pool were some toys. I have a pool, and kids do not go outside without an adult present. Just...no.

vadalia

vadalia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 28, 2009 @ 7:47 AM

It will definitely improve her quality of life, and I don't see anything wrong with her taking the time to do it.

My issue with that and the new breasts wasn't the time or the hand-out issue, but this- any surgery where they put you under has a risk of death. I'm not impressed by any woman (or man) with small children (especially 6 of them) who risks death to have an elective surgery preformed.

So, yeah, I don't think I'll be watching any more of this. It was bad enough having to sit through all the safety hazards and the poor dog that I worry isn't getting the attention and care it deserves now that its' owners have kids. I felt so sorry for how absolutely filthy they let it get before they gave it a bath in that one episode.

Of course, this is all assuming that I'm even watching the same show as you guys, as I thought it was named "Raising Sextuplets". If they aren't the same show... just ignore me and my stupid, thanks.

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2009 @ 10:27 AM

Its the same show. The original special, about a yr ago, was OMG Sextuplets. The same thread is just being used for their series Raising Sextuplets.

LurkerNoMore

LurkerNoMore

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2009 @ 12:55 PM

As someone who is obsessed w/J&K + 8, I must say that I think the Gosselin kids are 100 x cuter than these kids, and I watch that show mostly for the kids.

Mom bugs me (she is a little too chipper for me), but I hate the dad. I'm sorry, but if you have 6 kids (or even just 1 or 2), you change dirty diapers when they need to be changed, especially if your spouse has been doing it all day. That is just ridiculous.

He'll stay on that diet for a day, max. You can tell that he just isn't into it.

tanyat

tanyat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 30, 2009 @ 2:44 PM

I like this family. Yes, they need to babyproof their house a little more or keep the kids out of the cupboards with the cleaning supplies, but they seem laid back and fun.

As for the surgery, I don't think there was anything wrong with it and I think it was more than just an elective operation. They said her stomach muscles were separated. That has to cause some strength problems with her core area minimally. And she didn't go to some high priced celebrity plastic surgeon -she went to the doctor her MIL worked for.

All in all, I'm enjoying this show.

StacyRenee

StacyRenee

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 30, 2009 @ 11:19 PM

I joined here just so I could talk about this show.

Just two things:

1) The music. Seriously, could they have picked cheesier freaking songs for the intro and then end of each episode?! The music irked me so much on the first episode, I had to mute it for the rest. Awful stuff.

2) I hate to compare to J&K, but mom seems to be headed down the KG track with the constant criticisms of how hubby looks (bugging him about his diet). How far are we from hair plugs, really? (Note: I have no problem with the tummy tuck, because I'd totally do it too if my stomach looked like that.)

Oh, and the fact that she has six babies and is still training for a marathon? Makes me feel like a loser since I can't haul my lazy butt off the couch and work out, even though I only have one two-year-old AND I don't work outside the home. Is it okay for me to hate her just a little for that?

sweetsue

sweetsue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 1, 2009 @ 7:45 PM

Can someone please tell me WHEN and WHERE this show is on? Thank you.

Baylor

Baylor

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2009 @ 7:37 AM

On WETV on Thursday nights.

The new episode was interesting. Much of this show seems to be about them arguing though. Jenny gives such bad haircuts! LOL!

lvtennisball

lvtennisball

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 3, 2009 @ 6:13 PM

Really, that was a terrible haircut. But, whoever gave the father (I don't care to remember his name right now lol) his haircut should be put out of business as well. Awful.

The mystery to me from last night is - where were the boys when Jenny & hub & the girls went to Las Vegas for his class? He said goodbye to the girls in the van, Jenny took the girls shopping, and no mention was made of the boys. Did I miss the explanation?