Leverage: American Hustle

• Please log in to reply

8332 replies to this topic

fastiller

fastiller

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 9:22 AM

marceline, I agree that we needed some more of Hardison's back-story.  I'd've loved Nichelle Nichols as Nana (or a very small Asian woman as was suggested way back when).  I'd've also loved to meet Sophie's sister: played by Marina Sirtis.

jmhm

jmhm

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 10:30 AM

I wanted so badly for Nana to be Nichelle Nichols. 

Hanahope

Hanahope

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 11:13 AM

Just picked up S3 DVDs, looking forward to rewatching the show with the commentaries.

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 11:49 AM

Hardison got dismissed way too much but that was the worst for me.

I agree. Hands down there are two episodes that I refuse to watch again because I hate what they do the with Hardison: The Ice Man Job and The Gold Job. 

I loathe those episodes. 

jmhm

jmhm

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 3:41 PM

It really bothered me what they did with Hardison in the French Connection job, specifically with the bike messenger. I think by that point they may have been trying to build the case for Hardison not being up for Nate's job, but I thought it was way out of character for him to try and stiff some working guy a few pennies. The Hardison I knew would go back and wipe all of his tickets.

SoManyWays

SoManyWays

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 5:20 PM

Except for Nate who saw him truly.

Nate was the one who knew he was carrying a box of roses, rather than a shotgun.

oregonbeach

oregonbeach

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 8:16 PM

Marceline, I feel your pain. But they do have a bit of back story in the Juror #6 job (little boy in a bow tie) and they have plenty of geeky flashbacks, but you're right, no sitings of anyone in his past life. I can tell you that when the cast/crew/producers really thought they were going to have a season six, I was in a face to face situation with Chris Downey and had the chance to ask about Nana. He said in season six we will absolutely meet her. Sucks.

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 12:15 AM

Nana felt like a minor character without ever showing up, which is cool in itself, but I too don't like she was never seen in 5 seasons.

romantic idiot

romantic idiot

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 1:06 PM

I think Nana did too good a job actually, in bringing Hardison up. For the most part he was a well adjusted guy - which is why we didn't really need to see his back story. We may have liked to, but I don't think we needed it, like we needed to see what made Parker and Nate tick. Plus, either Nana knew that Hardison was a thief. or he was lying to her about what he was doing - so I'm actually okay not seeing that dynamic work itself out. We saw that with Maggie and Nate already, after all. 

andi pandi

andi pandi

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2014 @ 5:10 PM

Loandbehold

Or, possibly they'll go the Veronica Mars route and try to raise funds from the public to convince a studio to do a theatrical release.

Take my money. I'd kickstart that.

Raingirlkm

Raingirlkm

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2014 @ 1:29 PM

Tweeted by John Rogers:

How a Hacker Intercepted FBI and Secret Service Calls With Google Maps http://valleywag.gawker.com/how-a-hacker-intercepted-fbi-and-secret-service-calls-w-1531334747/+nitasha 

And with that, everyone who didn't believe we could pull off the con in the last ep of #leverage can kiss my ass.

MeganT

MeganT

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2014 @ 6:15 PM

I just watched the first episode of Caper (thanks for the link!) and loved it. Was struck by its similarities, though at least part of that was Amy Berg, and Beth, and Joe LoDuca on music, and Aldis, and the interviewer was played by McSweeton, and . . . There are enough dissimilarities, and I'm enjoying the magical realism, but it definitely felt familiar and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 10:52 AM

Y'know, I've just seen some pictures of Betty White in her younger days.  I can't get over how much Kari Matchett resembles her, dimples & all.  I wish we would've had more Maggie on Leverage.  I think I'll go watch the Maggie episodes again.

jmhm

jmhm

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 11:23 AM

If you're a fan, you should try to find the Nero Wolfe mysteries (also with Tim Hutton). She's a regular repertory character.

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 11:53 AM

Have them, thanks.  Also watched all of Invasion.  And Wonderfalls.  She's got amazing rapport with Hutton.

PhPhan

PhPhan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 12:02 PM

I actually preferred Nate with Maggie.  I didn't dislike Sophie at all.  She was a good character.  I never thought she was totally necessary.  In the first half of the pilot episode, when it was just the four of them, it never felt like they needed another person.  

jonisc

jonisc

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 5:47 PM

The Rashomon Job is my favorite episode, too. I love seeing all the different perspectives and the way they used to work on their own. When Nate reminds them at the end that their success comes when they all work together as a team, it's a great moment.

marceline

marceline

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 6:23 PM

Since the site will be shutting down let me say that of all my years here, this forum was one of my favorite experiences here. This was one of the few places anywhere on the internet where I felt like the people posting on it truly, deeply, madly loved the show. There was none of the drama I've seen on so many other boards. No toxic shipping, character fan wars, personal attacks on actors, etc... just people who really enjoyed Leverage even when we disagreed with some of what happened on screen. 

From the actors to Rodgers/Devlin and all the folks at Electric Entertainment to the fans, this show and the people involved with it were a joy. 

Also...I just adopted two cats today and I'm thinking of naming them Hardison and Eliot. LOL!

Raingirlkm

Raingirlkm

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 6:43 PM

marceline, if you do, make sure the more mischievous one is Hardison, thus giving you ample opportunity to say "dammit, Hardison!"

jmhm

jmhm

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 7:28 PM

and get Eliot a _really_ good scratching post.

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 8:40 PM

And congratulations on your new household members, no matter what you name them.

jmhm

jmhm

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 7:50 PM

FYI, Dean Devlin and John Rogers just signed to produce The Librarian as a series, and one of their new librarians is going to be Christian Kane.

They're also hiring John Laroquette, Matt Frewer, and Rebecca Romijn as the new lead librarian. Noah Wylie, Bob Newhart and Jane Curtin will also be back.

So pleased.

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 8:40 PM

Bring them all back. I wouldn't even be mad.