Leverage: American Hustle

• Please log in to reply

8332 replies to this topic

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

I just watched the movie "Secondhand Lions." CK is in it, playing Robt Duvall's character as a young man. Didn't recognize him until all the BAMF fighting stuff started. LOL.

Raingirlkm

Raingirlkm

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:01 PM

I'm just a few episodes away from finishing my rewatch of season three. This show is so rewatchable! I wish I could afford the season 4 dvds right when they come out. Until they go down in price a bit I'll just have to rely on by local library.

The aerial shots of Boston got me excited knowing this year they will be shots of Portland.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 6:20 AM

Anyone know when Leverage is coming back? I keep seeing adds for Falling Skies, R&I and Franklin and Bash but no mention of Leverage's return date.

Loandbehold

Loandbehold

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

morrigan2575, my quick and dirty google search turned up this item from the TNT Newsroom.

At least as of March, the 5th season premiere was set for July 15.

FreakerThanThou

FreakerThanThou

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

Can't wait for the fifth season! I've been rewatching the episodes a little too much lately.

I'm pretty sure they used that exact same picture of the cast on the DVD cover in the original first season promo, before the show even premiered. It's a cool picture, but they seem to be reusing it a bit too much. Also, did anyone notice the description included "Behind the Scenes of "The Long Job Down""?

For some reason I really like "Their move" as a tagline with the chess motif. Yeah, chess is a little cliché these days, but it's pretty well-used in Leverage for the most part, and on the cover it's definitely cool.

talea

talea

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

Dean Devlin just tweeted an article about the DVD release. Date set for July 17th.

Wow, that seems so late for the Season 4 DVD; don't they usually come out in May or early June?

I, too, am excited to see Season 5; early indications are it's going to be great.

I have to say I think this show has managed to put together four of the best seasons I've ever seen on a TV show. Yeah, there were a few clunkers, mostly in Season 2 in my view, but the worst of this show still measures up to the best of most any other show.

The writers have been doing sporadic podcasts available for free on I-Tunes while they are writing season 5. Check it out.

twentythree

twentythree

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

talea, yeah it's late but from what I can gather, it has to do with them switching who distributes the DVDs. It went from Paramount to Fox, and that may have delayed the release. Usually, they're released about a month before. It kind of bums me out, because I usually do an epic rewatch, watch all the commentaries and special features to psych myself up for the new season. I won't get to do that this year, oh well.

talea

talea

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 12:24 AM

twentythree: I do the epic rewatch every season, too, and I'll be able to do it this year, simply because I buy each episode from Amazon on Demand because I don't have cable. Since I don't watch much TV, it's much cheaper that way.

Actually I just realized I have yet to buy the season 3 DVDs; they'll be MUCH cheaper come July. I do miss the commentaries. Leverage is smart that way, because the commentaries on every ep are what make the DVDs a MUST buy.

Subtle Viewer

Subtle Viewer

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

Well WTF?!?!?

TWOP has a list of summer shows coming back and "Leverage" wasn't on it!

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 1:32 AM

That's weird. It's slated for July 15th.

Raingirlkm

Raingirlkm

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

From John Rogers:

Nate Ford thinks he walks on water. Literally. #leverage http://pic.twitter.com/8QtvD2Jw

Not kidding. #leverage http://campl.us/jFAv

Color me curious.

natyanayaki

natyanayaki

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 2:50 AM

I was thinking about Parker recently, about her change over the seasons, and something hit me about season 4 --about why some of it felt so off. I'm pretty sure I haven't talked about this before, but who knows...maybe I have, maybe we have. I think a major problem with season 4 was how "large" some of the non-Nate storylines were. I think it's true of both Parker and Hardison, but I'm only going to discuss Parker. I loved Parker's problem in "The Long Way Down Job," while it was a big moment, it wasn't too much, it was just right. The episode that was too much IMO was "The Grave Danger Job," while I understood the necessity of that moment, of Parker's fear of feeling, something about the way it was handled seemed fake; it seemed like the writers were trying too hard. When I compare that moment to "Hardison, are you OK?" from "The Gone Fishing Job" there's no comparison. In some ways, that one sentence had a greater impact than an entire episode, because it was so subtle, so understated, not heavy-handed. I think the really small character points give a bit of realism to the show, to the people even though they live in a heightened "universe." When the character-moments (other than Nate's) are heavy-handed, it feels fake, like the characters and even the show has lost a bit of spirit (at least to me).

talea

talea

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 8:28 AM

Re Nate walking on water: Hutton's looking really spiffy in that suit!

Edited by talea, May 25, 2012 @ 8:29 AM.

fastiller

fastiller

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

talea, you're so right. Now I want to see the end-result shot of Hutton.

This show, along with Necessary Roughness are two programmes I'm really looking forward to the next seasons of.

FreakerThanThou

FreakerThanThou

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

Oh wow. Looks like we're in for an interesting season if that's the first set picture I see. I wonder if it's some trickery they set up as part of a con or if it's a dream sequence of some kind. Or maybe they've decided to switch genres and it'll be exactly what it looks like. ;) Haha.

talea

talea

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

Actually, they are already shooting episode 10, I believe. And expect to wrap up all shooting by the end of July. All the cast and many of the crew have been tweeting shots from the set since they started in March.

Spoiler

Edited by talea, May 26, 2012 @ 12:51 PM.

allyone

allyone

Video Archivist

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 7:13 AM

WTF?!? My favorite fluffy piece of cotton candy does not return to my living room until JULY 15?!?

These TNT people are trying to kill me.

I was thinking about Parker recently, about her change over the seasons, and something hit me about season 4 --about why some of it felt so off . . . something about the way it was handled seemed fake; it seemed like the writers were trying too hard. When I compare that moment to "Hardison, are you OK?" from "The Gone Fishing Job" there's no comparison. In some ways, that one sentence had a greater impact than an entire episode, because it was so subtle, so understated, not heavy-handed. I think the really small character points give a bit of realism to the show, to the people even though they live in a heightened "universe." When the character-moments (other than Nate's) are heavy-handed, it feels fake, like the characters and even the show has lost a bit of spirit (at least to me).

I also found Parker's freak out to be heavy handed in the Grave Danger Job. To me, it was too long, too ordinary, and the when she calls Hardison "Alec" in the big moment, I literally rolled my eyes, because I've seen that move before (although I can't remember exactly where, but I've seen it in more than one place) and because it just came off as super contrived and false. She knows "Hardison." She loves "Hardison." Would she really call him anything but that in the most emotional moment she's ever had with him which may be her last few moments on earth with him? A name he's never gone by, that he's shown no connection to? No one can convince me she would. That's pure contrivance right there.

But I think their writing in general on big emotional moments is heavy-handed and clunky. The Sam-Hospital scene is too much, the Maggie-Nate confrontation is too much. That last one was beautifully acted, but some of the dialogue and the whole set up (that Nate would have withheld from Maggie that IYS denied treatment) was contrived to me.

To me, they got big emotional moment the closest to right at the end of Radio Job, where Nate knows Jimmy's about to die and is trying to get him to leave the warehouse. It's powerful, because its urgent, and there's no big confessions - they just write some simple dialog and let the actor do the work via his intensity and urgency. It's not all, Dad I can't lose you. Dad, I love you. But even there, I'm not sure Jimmy Ford would have said "tell people how much Jimmy Ford loved his son." So while it's a great Nate emotional moment, I don't entirely buy that either.

So yeah, BIG emotional moments and BIG romantic moments are not my favorite on this show. It's way better, and exceeds a lot of its competition, when it's being funny and letting the character camaraderie/found family angle shine through.

Raingirlkm

Raingirlkm

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

Ion television will be kicking off their run of Leverage in syndication with a marathon on July 1st. It looks like Sundays will be Leverage day on Ion now.

Raingirlkm

Raingirlkm

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

Guest star news!

caseylane

caseylane

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

You know, I was already spoiled about the person but reading the details is even better. Just a few more weeks people. I can hardly wait.

Raingirlkm

Raingirlkm

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

For those who like internet polls, TV Line is doing one of their bracket tournaments; this time for tv's bad boys. Eliot is currently getting his butt kicked by Dean Winchester of Supernatural. If you want to vote for Eliot here's the link.

fastiller

fastiller

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

Just watched The Two Horse Job on Ion. I am so looking forward to this show coming back!

Prevailing Wind

Prevailing Wind

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Me, too. Then I got company and had to turn it off. Damn.

When did they say they were doing the Marathon? Next Saturday? Sunday?

fastiller

fastiller

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Sunday.

Raingirlkm

Raingirlkm

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2012 @ 10:31 AM

Only a little over a week to wait now Grifters! I haven't really heard anything about the direction things are going this season, but I thought this set of tweets regarding Episode 515 from JR were interesting.

John Rogers ‏@jonrog1

#leverage 515 script is in. I am

Spoiler

John Rogers ‏@jonrog1

All of them. MT @damagedhearts No!!, no

Spoiler
, how many
Spoiler

fastiller

fastiller

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

Our crew, discussed in the NY Times: http://mobile.nytime...?a=945015&f=82'> White Collar,' 'Leverage' and 'Suits': TV Criminals.

ChainofFools

ChainofFools

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 8:41 AM

Looking forward to the start of Season 5, but regret not being able to do my yearly previous season DVD review. I understand the change in DVD distributors, but the situation could have been addressed by TNT pushing the premiere back one week.

Raingirlkm

Raingirlkm

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

Recap video of season 4
And an Eliot bonus

talea

talea

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 7:20 PM

Leverage on now!!! Go watch it or catch the late night airing. Keep those ratings up.

(I don't have cable, so I'll be buying it on Amazon tomorrow.)

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

The idea that the team takes simultaneous vacation breaks cracks me up. We are going to see more of Adam Baldwin than just that little tease, right? Loved Elliott's "I hung out with some friends."

Tim slipped Gina more than a little tongue during that kiss on the docks.

Cary Elwes is no Wesley anymore. Shame. I hope he was wearing a wetsuit in that crash-site scene. It was raining and you could see his breath. Yikes.