Jessica: She'll Stab A Bitch!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

39 replies to this topic

TTyT321

TTyT321

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 17, 2008 @ 8:37 AM

A thread devoted to Jessica, the longest tenured of Team Griffin, and probably the one that gets Kathy the most. Discuss!

blondie69

blondie69

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2008 @ 1:50 PM

I really don't like Jessica all that much. I don't know what it is about her, but I don't.

henrysmom

henrysmom

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2008 @ 3:42 PM

I really don't like Jessica all that much.

Ditto. I don't hate her or anything--she seems pleasant enough, but when I found out that she actually had rabid fans I was kind of shocked.

lozzy

lozzy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2008 @ 7:19 PM

I'm intrigued by her, ain't gunna lie. I just like her general vibe. I don't understand the rabid fans either though.

carried away

carried away

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2008 @ 11:14 PM

I don't really like Jessica that much either because she seems so blasť about everything and a little bit snotty. Like a petulant teenager almost.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2008 @ 8:04 AM

I don't like her either. When she tries to be funny I feel a little embarrassed for her, especially when she thought she was really funny b/c she drank five shots....oh wow. Her carrying on in front of Andy was cringe worthy.
Are her and Tiffany really girlfriends or is that just one of Kathy's jokes?

I don't understand the rabid fans either though.

I'm confused by this as well. I was also confused that people wanted her and Tiffany's autographs on Kathy's t-shirts. How can Kathy be D-list and her assistants are sought out for autographs??

Edited by jellywager, Jun 21, 2008 @ 8:06 AM.

AnnetteFun

AnnetteFun

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 22, 2008 @ 3:06 PM

I like Jessica. It is precisely BECAUSE she is so blase and sarcastic that I find her funny. Like a few seasons ago when Kathy wanted her to drop everything and find some costume to help with dog-training....Jessica said OK but blew it off behind Kathy's back. She handles Kathy's stress well.

As for her having her own fans, I think that happens with a lot of peripheral people on celebrity TV shows. They become "famous" in their own right.

When she tries to be funny I feel a little embarrassed for her, especially when she thought she was really funny b/c she drank five shots....oh wow. Her carrying on in front of Andy was cringe worthy.

Now that DID surprise me. I would think that the assistants would know celebrity/assistant protocol -- always take a backseat to the celebrity. That was embarrassing to see friggin' Anderson Cooper having to just stand there while Jessica and Tiffany kidded each other about who drank more shots. I know Kathy treats them like they're equals -- to HER -- but I wonder if she was annoyed or embarrassed. Tiffany should've just let the shot debate go and allowed the conversation to re-focus on Kathy and Andy. Arguing with drunken Jessica about who weighs more and therefore can do more shots was inappropriate until Andy had left the group. I give Jessica a pass because she was drunk, but on this one I blame Tiffany (whose dumb drinking game it was to begin with).

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2008 @ 9:00 PM

I didn't know she had that many tattoo's on her arms. Especially the right one. I thought it was one of those fake tattoo arm sleeves at first. Did we see those tat's last season?

PMS Babe

PMS Babe

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2008 @ 4:28 PM

Did Jessica have a total makeover? She seems way more glam' this year.

henrysmom

henrysmom

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2008 @ 9:16 AM

I didn't know she had that many tattoo's on her arms. Especially the right one. I thought it was one of those fake tattoo arm sleeves at first. Did we see those tat's last season?

She's had tattoos since season one. I certainly remember the large one(s?) on her arms. They are very evident in the episode with Renee Zellwiger and the evil flower delivery.

charmante

charmante

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2008 @ 1:19 PM

Are her and Tiffany really girlfriends or is that just one of Kathy's jokes?

Just a joke. See Jessica's blog on the subject:

Jessica: "I'm Not A Lesbian...."

jockewing

jockewing

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 21, 2008 @ 8:08 AM

Ehhh, don't care for her at all. She really looks rather bitchy most of the time. To be honest, I really don't like anyone on Team Griffin all that much. I'd rather see Kathy's mom the whole time.

Scott99

Scott99

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 1:08 PM

I really like Jessica. You can easily tell how genuinely fond of (and protective of) she is of Kathy. It kind kind of surprising that a cute girl would get that many tattoos though.

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Jul 24, 2008 @ 10:05 PM

It kind kind of surprising that a cute girl would get that many tattoos though.

And we saw more on tonight's ep when sporting the bikini. I had no idea she had even more on her back! And there was some on her leg too right?

Edited by valny, Jul 24, 2008 @ 10:05 PM.

janeway1390

janeway1390

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 1:44 AM

According to Perez, Jessica quit recently and it's getting ugly. I wonder if it's true and what went down.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

• Interests:television (duh!), pro wrestling, pop culture, awards shows, writing, dreaming, procrastinating

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 1:53 AM

How long has Jessica been Kathy's assistant? Sometimes the simplest explanation can be the best one -- I never thought of "personal assistant" as a job someone keeps for 30 years, although I know there's exceptions to the rule.

AnnetteFun

AnnetteFun

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 2:36 AM

Don't know how long but we know it's at least as long as the show's been on. It didn't sound like just normal career-changing, Perez said Jessica had had "enough" of Kathy and it was an ugly situation. That really surprises me....it didn't seem like anything bothered Jessica, she handled Kathy's stress well and, in that old blog, said she enjoyed taking over the spotlight when Matt left. I don't know how reliable Perez usually is, but if it's true, I'd love to hear the insider info on that one.

Also if it's true, does that mean Tiffany will be the Chief Assistant now? Bravo, please downgrade the visibility of Team Griffin if there is a next season....we do not need to see more of Tiffany's giggling.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 10:40 AM

Jessica is covered in ink. I had no idea she had that many tattoos. Maybe it's because I'm a lot closer in age to Kathy than Jessica, but all those tats to me means she's got a real wild streak, so I am surprised she lasted that long in this job.

cleopatraseven

cleopatraseven

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 12:22 PM

all those tats to me means she's got a real wild streak, so I am surprised she lasted that long in this job.

Eh, book/cover and all that. I am 44 years old, I'm a bookkeeper for a CPA firm, I don't ever go out and party, I have too many cats and I dont' do drugs. But I have several large tattoos and got my biggest one last year and plan to get more. I do like to drink though but I do it at home. Tattoos are much more mainstream than they used to be.

kim7676

kim7676

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 1:31 PM

If Jessica is leaving because she couldn't get along with Kathy anymore is true, I wish they would have shown the conflict between the two. I always assumed they had a real friendship more than employer/employee.

Edited by kim7676, Jul 25, 2008 @ 1:32 PM.

pomme de terre

pomme de terre

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 3:11 PM

I would bet money that this is some kind of publicity stunt. Jessica probably left on good terms (or not at all) and Kathy bribed her mom with Pino Grigio to call up Perez Hilton and plant the story.

a few seasons ago when Kathy wanted her to drop everything and find some costume to help with dog-training....Jessica said OK but blew it off behind Kathy's back. She handles Kathy's stress well.

Agreed! I think Jessica can be a wet blanket, but when you're working with someone as frenetic as Kathy, it's an asset to counterbalance it with someone at a slower pace.

donleavy

donleavy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 10:03 PM

I'm picturing something like - Jessica becomes a prima donna due to her TV "fame" and Kathy gets all "I made you! You're nothing without me!"

Or maybe there was conflict because Jessica is so bossy and such a hard-ass, and Kathy's had enough!

Heh, who knows. It's kind of sad, though. I wonder how Tiffany and Tom and handling it.

fatcatmatt

fatcatmatt

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2008 @ 9:25 AM

Jessica is still with Team Griffin!

Madmarsha

Madmarsha

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2008 @ 6:27 PM

Tattoos are much more mainstream than they used to be

They are. I admit I was always guilty of that book/cover thing and no longer make any judgments in my head because EVERYONE has them ... but I still don't like them. I once put a very small temp tattoo on my ankle. HATED it. Granted it was some kind of cheap vending machine thing for a joke but I was like Lady Macbeth till I got that thing off my leg. I don't judge Jessica ... I think she is WAY cool ... but her tats all up and down her arm like that are still JARRING to me.

I know there is usually SOME truth to a lot of rumors but this one sounded fake to me from the beginning so I'm glad to hear it's not true. I mean, is Perez really THAT "legitimate" (for lack of being able to think of a better word right now) or is it that the mainstream press has just been coming back down to everyone else's level now in the era of the Internets. Let's face it, hard news hasn't been "hard" news for decades.

Cuff Links

Cuff Links

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 3:39 PM

Sometimes the simplest explanation can be the best one -- I never thought of "personal assistant" as a job someone keeps for 30 years, although I know there's exceptions to the rule.

ITA. Everyone I've known who has been someone's "personal assistant" ends up leaving and hating the person they worked for. It's a tough job and it takes a lot out of you -- plus there's no room for advancement. I'm sure Kathy isn't that bad to work for, but I'm sure there are days in Jessica's life working for Kathy that aren't as charmed as they seem on the show.

Matilda

Matilda

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 28, 2008 @ 4:13 PM

I saw Kathy live in Texas this weekend and she categorically denied that Jessica quit. According to KG, Jessica's on vacation and called her to ask what was up with the rumors, asking "Am I fired or something?"

I wouldn't put it past Team Griffin to have put that out as a publicity stunt, but Kathy did seem genuinely bewildered at the rumors, at least on stage.

Karta Yaya

Karta Yaya

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 28, 2008 @ 4:40 PM

Yep, saw Kathy too in Austin on Friday night and she said that Jessica called her from her vacation in Tennessee and wondered what was up with the rumors.

Funkybeat

Funkybeat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2008 @ 9:24 PM

Every time Kathy asks Team Griffin to do something, they always act like it's too much to ask. Like when they said selling merch wasn't in their job description? Uhhh isn't their job description to do stuff for Kathy Griffin when she asks them to?

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2008 @ 2:58 AM

Every time Kathy asks Team Griffin to do something, they always act like it's too much to ask. Like when they said selling merch wasn't in their job description? Uhhh isn't their job description to do stuff for Kathy Griffin when she asks them to?

I just figured it was part of their act for the show, just like Kathy berating and teasing them.

twelvety

twelvety

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 2, 2008 @ 12:08 PM

I think that as tvallthetime says, it's probably partially an act.

Also, much as I love Kathy, I have a feeling she's a fairly chaotic person to work for and isn't necessarily so aware of practical stuff. I mean, when they were putting together the library I got the sense Jessica felt she had to take control to make it actually happen rather than let Kathy be crazy and funny. There was even a marginally tense moment when Jessica snapped a bit and Kathy said something like, "OK just don't yell at me anymore!" Selling t-shirts in itself isn't a lot to ask, but they might actually have loads of things they are handling when there is a performance. I could see having that sense of, "Great, one more thing to do!"