13-7: "DeAnna Meets Bachelor's Families" 2008.06.23

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

445 replies to this topic

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Jun 16, 2008 @ 7:24 AM

(TiVo says:) "DeAnna meets bachelor's families" DeAnna travels to the hometowns of the final four bachelors to meet their families; one of the bachelors is sent home while the remaining three prepare for overnight dates.

Crew: Mike Fleiss (Executive Producer), Lisa Levenson (Executive Producer), Scott Jeffress (Executive Producer), Jason Carbone (Executive Producer)

izzybee

izzybee

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:02 PM

Good grief. Let Graham go and let's move on! The show certainly doesn't make the future relationship with DeAnna's intended look very hopeful though.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:03 PM

What a dysfunction-fest at the end there with Graham. Sheesh. This is a lost cause.

Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:05 PM

Er wow, I change my mind, I guess Graham really did like Dee...

I understand where he was coming from though in that she was making it easy for herself by refusing to take a chance on him, she really really looked torn up though, and whoever wins this, probably Jason, should KNOW that he is second best.

Edited by Flabbergasted, Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:05 PM.

izzybee

izzybee

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:05 PM

It was shocking to me that DeAnna didn't know Graham's last name until she saw it on the back of his jersey. Don't these people ever talk about the most basic things? That was so weird.

loseresque

loseresque

Stalker

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:06 PM

Based on tonight, I could see that DeAnna felt most comfortable with Graham. I was really warming up to him and understood his restrictions in opening up but it says something that he hasn't been able to make things last for longer than a few months or weeks. She made the right choice letting him go but it's difficult to see how anyone she chooses now isn't a 2nd choice.

In terms of who she seems most comfortable with next, it seems like Jason. Their conversations have the usual pablum but they always have some unique conversations as well. Ty is so cute and Jason seems to be a very good father (I wasn't happy about him leaving while Ty was crying but I understood that). I can see how that would affect DeAnna positively; I find not too many things as endearing as fathers interacting well with their children.

winebox

winebox

Couch Potato

I am SOOOO sick of hearing DeAnna say that this that or the other thing "breaks her heart." Enough with that lame expression already!! I highly doubt her heart has been broken as many times as she is claiming.

I had to laugh when Graham called her on saying she missed him. "I bet you say that to all the guys." "No, of course not." LIAR!! That's exactly what she said to everyone!!

I would love to know what Graham wrote-- notice she couldn't wait to read it-- he was practically still there!! How awkward it must have been to go back to the other guys all teary eyed from losing "the one she was actually falling in love with."

Am I really naive when I wonder do they really have sex in that fantasy suite? Because ugh, she'd be doing it with three guys on three consecutive nights and isn't that a little gross? Although I guess Jesse bows out since he hasn't met her dad yet. No wonder the families disapprove of this show-- that Fantasy Suite thing skeeves me out.

jopatura

jopatura

Couch Potato

Wow. That was kind of really painful. This episode just proves how much of a self-centered cow Deanna really is. If she had given a damn about love, she would have kept Graham. What she's done to the other three is so much worse then Brad ever did to her. At least Brad had the cajones to dump her. Now she's going to half ass through the least few weeks and if she manages to stay with the guy she picks, how are they going to survive the run of this episode? To find out she didn't really love you and was falling in love with someone else and you're second fiddle? Ouchies.

CruiseDiva

CruiseDiva

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:07 PM

DeYawna didn't recognize the Space Needle in Seattle? Seriously!?!?

How. Dumb. Is. She?

I hope whichever guy she ends up with enjoys being preached at. Girl has a terrible a-tee-tude.

peb

peb

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:07 PM

So Deanna is 26 and single and wants to have 3 kids before she is 30. She is going to be very very busy.

gudgeon

gudgeon

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:08 PM

Wow. Is it wrong that I want to punch Graham in his fucking smug-ass face? What a manipulative asshole. And DeAnna, dayum girl, have some frickin' self esteem, just a teaspoon will do for the dumping-Graham-moment. What on earth does she see in him? That "conversation" on the bench after meeting his parents was so incredibly awkward and yet she still wants to keep him? I just don't get it.

I feel bad for whoever she did pick after him watching tonight's episode...you'd have to dump her. What on earth is her deal that she wants to get married so badly and yet wants distant, brooding, selfish Graham to be the one? Did Brad teach her anything at all? And, for god's sake, DeAnna, he's not that good looking. I personally find him repulsive but even if he were gorgeous (to me), no one is worth being treated like that just because they make you all smooshy.

Edited by gudgeon, Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:10 PM.

Nutbucket

Nutbucket

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:14 PM

After tonight, I'm boarding the Jesse train. I still don't find him physically attractive but he showed more personality during his home town date than the others put together. Totally natural and charming (at least as much as you can be with cameras following you everywhere). I loved his dad!! Also loved that dad and Jesse were most concerned with whether DeAnna was down-to-earth. Great priorities. So they just get around to telling us about Jesse's seven year involvement with a charity foundation now?

Glad that DeAnna finally smartened up and dumped Mr. "not so into you". Totally in character that she played the drama queen/victim while doing so. Given the little note he slipped her, the boy may have been more into her than he appeared. Too bad, buddy. Too little too late.

Jeremy needs to grieve more before he's ready for a long term commitment. He's still a little raw, and too perfectly boring. Which leaves Jason. I think she'll choose Jason based on her comments about how similar his family is to hers. For all the adventurous front, I think she'll choose familarity.

Although I guess Jesse bows out since he hasn't met her dad yet.

I'll be very surprised if he isn't pulling her leg.

DeYawna didn't recognize the Space Needle in Seattle? Seriously!?!?

Girl doesn't get out much, does she.

Edited by Nutbucket, Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:18 PM.

grizabella2

grizabella2

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:18 PM

And she says she is ready to get MARRIED????? Give me a break. Anyone that has a big meltdown like a teenager over someone who wouldn't "open up to her" is far from tying the knot. Girlfriend....catch a clue, he could never look you in the eye when he talked to you until he brought up momma and daddy. Loved them, but at least the MOTHER was honest with DeAnna.

Why would he write her a note unless he knew he was going to go????? hmmmmmm. HELLO, this show is so stupid, but I keep watching.

Jesse, run, she will choose you and dump you in about 4 weeks. Graham style.

Jason, there isn't enough room for you and your son in her relationship......RUN.

DeAnna, even though I don't care at all about you, run from Jeremy, RED FLAGS all over that family, who only sit around and talk about what dead mother would want for you. His mother was the last one who broke his heart????? Good lord. That apartment was so bought and paid for in preperation for him to be on this show.....did you notice how he had never had people over for dinner? Who names their dog Kimo anyways....
I could go on, and on, and on.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:20 PM

Jeremy needs to grieve more before he's ready for a long term commitment. He's still a little raw, and too perfectly boring.

That was super awkward. The accelerated hyper-intimacy on this show still manages to shock me at times. I couldn't believe he read his last moments with his dying mother for Deanna and the viewing public. And wasn't her first response "Sad."? I think he totally overwhelmed her at that moment.

Mitzi30

Mitzi30

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:20 PM

Ack I got a phone call and missed her home visit with Graham. The call came right after they finished the bball, so I missed the family portion and I so wanted to see what his mom had to say.

Word to what she's doing is worse than what Brad did. I feel bad for whichever guy she picks (assuming she doesn't pull a Kelly Taylor - I choose me). I can't believe she said she was saying good-bye to the one she was falling in love with . . . way to make the guy you do pick feel like a winner.

This season needs to be put out of its misery. Although Jesse turning down the fantasy suite next week looks like must see tv just for DeAnna's reaction.

As for the home visits I did see - loved Tye he was adorable, but something about parents letting their young children be shown on reality series rubs me the wrong way. Jesse's dad seemed like a great down to earth guy.

mharvey816

mharvey816

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:26 PM

So did I get this wrong or can only someone who has also lost a parent marry into the Jeremy family? ITA that Jason should runrunrun and save that sweet little boy from this crazy-ass soul-sucking heffa because you know she would make him choose between her and his own flesh and blood on an hourly basis.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when she actually didn't pick Graham, but after they did the big melodramatic walkout talk, I'm convinced that they're the perfect yin/yang couple. She shares/emotes/freaks out too much and he's a passive-aggressive turtle in his shell. Gah.

Hey DeAnna, my heart is breaking that you didn't know the Space Needle or Graham's last name. Your heart should actually be breaking due to the fact that your idea of what being in love is doesn't progress beyond the average Babysitter's Club book. Oh wait, that was a total insult to the Babysitter's Club. My bad.

Here's hoping at least one guy disses on DeYawna in the "Men Tell Some" show instead of just about each other.

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:28 PM

I really like DeAnna. Tonight's episode was tough to watch. They all seem like genuine guys. I think the process is a lot tougher than it looks. Sigh. I'm too emotional for these things.

AbrilOrchid

AbrilOrchid

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:29 PM

Something seemed off to me about Jeremy and the whole dead mother thing. IIRC, his father died after his mother. So why are we only crediting his mother's death? Most of the pics shown were of his mother alone and her with the boys. What's the deal with the father? Am I missing something? If he passed away most recently, why is he never mentioned. The only decent reason i can think of is TPTB want to play up the whole dead mother thing, however when Jeremy's sis-in-law stated she had lost her father, DA claimed they have sooooo much in common. The whole dead parent thing seems so contrived and suspicious.

kosmo627

kosmo627

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:30 PM

ITA VAHokies. I have been in love with someone that was bad for me and I have to say that I wouldn't have been strong enough to let them go.

bluedays

bluedays

Channel Surfer

Wow, Jesse turning down the fantasy suite?! I haven't seen any kind of chemistry on her part towards him, but I also wonder if he is just not that into her either. He wouldn't have to have sex with her in order to accept and spend time getting to know her better.

Very weird situation between these 2, but I do have to say that among those left, Jesse is hands down my favorite. Just maybe not my favorite for her.

Wasn't thrilled with how they showed Ty, especially the crying and all that. I thought the entire thing was exploitative and wrong and I am shocked Ty's mom didn't refuse to let him go on the show because I probably would have.

This season is so dysfunctional (well ok, all of them are but this one even more so) and I had a lot of hopes for it going in. Now I'm just ready to get it over with and get on with whoever the next Bachelor will be because DeAnna is a lost cause.

mharvey816

mharvey816

Couch Potato

The whole dead parent thing seems so contrived and suspicious.

And creepy. Don't forget creepy.

angelmom1

angelmom1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:31 PM

Yikes, where to begin. First of all, she was blinking so much all through the show I honestly couldn't stand it. Does she have something wrong with her eyes? I don't find Jesse attractive at all but his hometown date was the only one that seemed natural. Jason kinda skeeved me out having his son on tv. Most parents I know protect their kids privacy if only out of fear of some nutcase out their who might target their child. Then he is trying to explain to Ty that he had to leave him to take a chance on meeting a girl. Like that is so not true. He could have met a women thru match.com or some such thing. Lastly, he has not seen his son in weeks and we are supposed to feel ok about his son crying and begging him to stay?

Jeremy's hometown date was strange too. He and his brothers talk about nothing but the dead parents (how and when did they die-does anyone know?) It also seems odd to refer to your dying mother as breaking your heart so it is hard for you to be romantic with someone. Totally different things.

Graham's date seemed short-especially the part with his parents. I also don't Graham at all. Is he shy? Why is he always turning his face away from the camera and from Deanna. Just don't get it. Don't see how this can realistically end with her choosing any of the three left. She made it pretty clear she only cares about Graham, why make the final three go thru this? I'm guessing she doesn't pick anybody. So after this happens two times in a row, do they still keep up the show?

nera

nera

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:31 PM

My first thought on seeing in the previews that Jessie turns down the Fantasy suite was he was trying to buy time. He doesn't want to go there with her because I don't think he really cares for her that much. He told his dad he was ready to be in a serious relationship but not be married in two weeks. If DeAnna wants 3 kids in the next 5 years than Jessie is not the one for her.

Also why when a guy says he if going to open up and lay it all on the line the next scenes are of the guy kissing DeAnna. Opening up does not mean sucking her face off. How about you share some info like maybe last names before you swap DNA?

AbrilOrchid

AbrilOrchid

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:33 PM

Oh yes, and creepy!

And mharvey816, you are my new best friend for this...

your idea of what being in love is doesn't progress beyond the average Babysitter's Club book. Oh wait, that was a total insult to the Babysitter's Club. My bad.

BWAH!

12345ne

12345ne

Video Archivist

Wow.....so much in one episode. This has been the only time that I have liked Jesse at all. I really thought they would have pimped out his charity as part of his storyline this season but I guess they wouldn't want the "cool snowboarder with strange clothing choices" part cut out. And Don Johnson called and wants his clothes back.

As for Jeremy, how long ago did he take the bar exam? As soon as I found out I passed, I literally burned or sold everything associated with that horrid test! Did I miss a timeline with how long ago his mom and dad died? I don't think there should be time limits on grieving but they are talking about it like it's pretty fresh. I'm pretty sure DeAnna is talking herself into liking him and as Karen Walker would say, they're like siamese twins who are joined at their boring personalities.

I still like Jason and try to not think about him bringing his kid on TV. I appreciated so much that his family made something that she would like for dinner. Is that a first? They seemed genuinely nice but I would have expected some additional applying of the brakes from that family since he is divorced and has a kid.

Graham....there are no words. Loved that he showed up in jeans, loved that he gave her a note afterward, loved that his last name is Bunn.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Jesse, run, she will choose you and dump you in about 4 weeks. Graham style.

I think that's probably what he's hoping for. Then he'll get the pity party (as DeAnna did, or Blob, Meredith, Trista did) and be the next Bachelor. Or if not that, then get merchandising deals or a role on Surreal Life or whatever.

I don't know if I've ever seen a faker-seeming conversation than the one between Jesse and his father. I kept looking for the cue cards. Everything about him still seems so contrived to me. The idea of someone going on a trashy show like this one and then playing Mr. Modesty over and over is like an attempt to build a character.

I did like his parents. At least they seemed to know how to wash their hair.

jopatura

jopatura

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:34 PM

You could have knocked me over with a feather when she actually didn't pick Graham, but after they did the big melodramatic walkout talk, I'm convinced that they're the perfect yin/yang couple. She shares/emotes/freaks out too much and he's a passive-aggressive turtle in his shell. Gah.

I actually think that if their paths ever cross outside of the B-ette world and once a few years have passed, they might actually make it.

Coco79

Coco79

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:35 PM

Wow. Graham really did care for DeAnna, didn't he? I gasped when he dropped that note onto the bench. A little too late there, Graham. But I'm glad she didn't choose him. DeAnna had some sense knocked into her, finally! Watching her moon over him was getting so pathetic.

This episode was a crying fest for me. I was sniffling when Jeremy was reading his journal, and then when Ty and Jason ran to meet each other, I lost it. And then when Ty was crying when Jason left with DeAnna -- goodness. ARGH! I don't know if I can continue to watch this show since we all know that DeAnna's number one guy was Graham!

I rolled my eyes when DeAnna said that she wanted to have three kids by 30. I also can't believe that DeAnna doesn't know the Space Needle, either!

I laughed at DeAnna's expression when Jesse said he wasn't sure about the fantasy suite! But I admit I'm rather looking forward to The Men Tell All. I hope someone takes Robert the Chef a peg or two down. I want to see what Richard, Fred, and Brian have to say, too.

On a totally shallow note, when Graham introduced his school gym to DeAnna, I thought, "Where's Whitey?"

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:36 PM

Something was off. Seems to me that Graham planned to leave, hence the letter. I have a feeling to save face, he was convinced to take part in the rose ceremony. Better for her to reject him than to have him reject her because lest we forget, she was rejected by Brad and they most certainly weren't going to allow that to happen again.

The guy DeAnna chose must be thrilled to learn that he most definitely wasn't the one she wanted to be there at the end.

Lordloveaduck

Lordloveaduck

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 9:36 PM

Jesse is now my personal favorite, and I feel like he's too good for DeAnna. I suspect he was sincere about turning down the fantasy suite. He was the last to kiss her, his mom said he was named Jesse for "gift of God," and there were some other references made that indicate he comes from a sincerely religious family. I think at heart he's pretty conservative guy in terms of not moving too fast in his relationships. He seems like the most normal, surprisingly enough.

Graham could not have made it more clear that he had zero interest in moving ahead with DeAnna. Who comes to a rose ceremony looking like a total slob?? His jeans looked like they hadn't been washed in weeks. He was gloating in how over-the-moon she felt about him, while clearly feeling he was just too good to be bothered to compete. Yuck.

She made the right decision in dumping the guy. I do feel sorry for whoever she picks going forward, though. They all deserve better, if they're all sincere about wanting someone to marry.

I thought it was sweet that DeAnna brought a gift for Ty. And then it turned out to be a golf ball! What kind of idiotic present is that for a 4 year old?? I loved Jason's interactions with his son and always reminding him to say thank you, though. Very nice. He does seem like a great dad.