Secret Life of the American Teenager

• Please log in to reply

5410 replies to this topic

sassyne

sassyne

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

I hope BETTY is the one pregnant next. It's only been a few weeks since Ricky's graduation, so Betty COULD still be pregnant. I just want to shoot Camille's stank attitude about Betty down. I hope Leo has to pay out the ass for child support and alimony to Betty. So much that he decides to stay with her. Betty is one of the only tolerable people on this show. Who the hell is Camille to judge Betty? It WAS taking it too far with Betty in the letterman jacket. I wonder if Brenda Hampton has ever stepped foot on a college campus. Ben looked like his typical grandpa self going on his date. And last week's episode with Amy and Ricky at band camp, we had to have banners saying "Band Camp" all over the room they were in just in case we were too slow to realize that's where they were. SMH

Edited by sassyne, May 1, 2012 @ 12:26 PM.

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

I hope BETTY is the one pregnant next. It's only been a few weeks since Ricky's graduation, so Betty COULD still be pregnant. I just want to shoot Camille's stank attitude about Betty down. I hope Leo has to pay out the ass for child support and alimony to Betty. So much that he decides to stay with her. Betty is one of the only tolerable people on this show. Who the hell is Camille to judge Betty?

I know - who the F does Camille think she is and that SK, what a guy, letting everybody act that way about the woman he chose to marry, claimed to adore, bad grammar, shady past and all. So I don't want her to ever be stuck with that loser and his grandpa/son again. Ugh, I noticed tom and his bus wife are still with us. What is with Brenda and all these people we are supposed to relate to but would cross the street (or kill ourselves) to avoid being around?

sassyne

sassyne

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

I know - who the F does Camille think she is and that SK, what a guy, letting everybody act that way about the woman he chose to marry, claimed to adore, bad grammar, shady past and all. So I don't want her to ever be stuck with that loser and his grandpa/son again. Ugh, I noticed tom and his bus wife are still with us. What is with Brenda and all these people we are supposed to relate to but would cross the street (or kill ourselves) to avoid being around?

SK acted like he could barely contain himself to even TALK to Betty last night, much less have her in his house. I wish she would have cashed that check. WHY is the bus wife and her kids still around? Who moves in with someone you met on the bus?

Peterased

Peterased

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 2:43 PM

I hope BETTY is the one pregnant next.

I think Betty is the perfect candidate for an "I didn't know I was pregnant" storyline.

WHY is the bus wife and her kids still around? Who moves in with someone you met on the bus?

I really thought that her falling for Tom's boss at first sight (even when he compared her to a hooker) would've meant she'd be gone by now. Other shows bring on characters for arcs; this one brings on characters and rarely lets go of them even when their storyline's come to its end.

Secret Life was the #1 series on cable in April with 12-34 year old females, and the #1 scripted cable series with women 18-34. In other words, the ratings may be down this spring, but ABC Family's happy with how the show's doing with its target viewers.

sassyne

sassyne

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

I love watching to get a good laugh, but I can't believe it's the #1 show for the target group.

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:24 PM

Again I ask, why the hell does Ricky want Amy? You don't need to be married to parent your child. Amy is so immature. She just wanted a ring to say she got Ricky. She's not scared of divorce. Get the hint Ricky.

This show has some of the worst "sex" or hint of "post coital sex" I have ever seen. Amy had clothing on and Ricky had on a t-shirt and boxers after supposedly just finishing having sex. I know it's aimed at teens, but come on. As a matter of fact I don't think that I have ever seen Ricky shirtless. Or Jack. Or Ben. Thank the heavens above for the last one.

Also, to reiterate, where the hell is Ashley? She's in episode one. Then she's neither seen or even mentioned for the next five episodes. Why bother to bring her back home if they didn't intend to show her? I miss her even if no one else in town does apparently.

sassyne

sassyne

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 7:54 AM

As a matter of fact I don't think that I have ever seen Ricky shirtless. Or Jack. Or Ben. Thank the heavens above for the last one.

LOL!! PLEASE no Ben shirtless. The poor guy's chest is birdlike and sunk in. I for one, can do without seeing that. They could be more believable though. Why would they have them with clothes on after sex?

TD3000

TD3000

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:42 AM

Re: Ricky (warning: wrestling analogy coming!)

Ricky reminds me of a justified heel. Basically, a guy who's on point about everything, but is disliked because of his abrasive personality. Kind of like an anti-hero of sorts. Anyways, he's probably my favorite character at the moment. On the opposite spectrum, Ben used to be my favorite because I could relate to him the most, but he became insufferable over time (he's toned it down a bit now though).

thistlehead

thistlehead

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 7:09 PM

WTF was Nora with the "Anne is HAPPY in Europe. You know HAPPY. She's HAPPY"? I am not sure if that is supposed to be the least subtle code for gay ever, or she was just fulfilling the say everything at least three times rule that the writers employ here.

Ashley, if you're smart you will find an anarchist squat in Paris and refuse to go back home.

I can't wait until Jack, Ricky and Adrian go to college, maybe they will have classes with Betty. Not that we'd ever see that.

Oh what a couple of merry pranksters that Ben & Dylan are!!

And what accent is Jacob supposed to have? It sounds a mash of Austrailian & English. It definitely doesn't sound South African. The actor is from Alabama.

That episode was painful.

Angeltoes

Angeltoes

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

Who moves in with someone you met on the bus?

Speaking as a big fan of Judge Judy, I'm beginning to think it's happening all across America.

I can't wait until Jack, Ricky and Adrian go to college, maybe they will have classes with Betty.

This never occurred to me but that could be where we're headed. Hopefully not because Betty drives me nuts. They make her seem like she has the IQ of a plant.

c_boo

c_boo

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

Oh, Secret Life, you never fail to entertain.

Of course Betty wore a letterman's jacket in the middle of summer to the SK's house. We know from last week's episode he keeps the house so cold his son has to wear a fur trimmed Elmer Fudd hat around the house to keep warm.

Is there one likeable person on this show? I don't think there is one person who isn't rude, selfish, nosy, smug or a combination of these four traits.

Peterased

Peterased

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

India Eisley (Ashley) will play a younger version of Angelina Jolie's character in the film Maleficent.

Tonight the word "sex" was said 19 times.

Why was George compelled to call Anne to ask her if they were really over? It's been clear for some time they're done.

I think it's hilarious that Anne went to France at least in part out of fear she was into women -- and then she's met a French lesbian who's into her.

I can't decide if the line of the night was "A little secret I call bacon grease" or "My father slept with Oprah Winfrey?"

Edited by Peterased, May 7, 2012 @ 11:05 PM.

TD3000

TD3000

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:22 AM

I don't know what to make of Dylan, other than she scares me. Sometimes I think she's "simple", others times stalkerish.

Funny that Ricky said incestuous at one point; I'm sure it's been said before, but that word often comes to mind when trying to keep up with all the love triangles, rectangles, and dodecahedrons.

A lot of people were M.I.A. in this episode. No Madison, Lauren, Henry, Alice, etc (plus the Ashleys and Grants of the world that show up every once in a blue moon). Not that any of them are main main characters like an Amy, but it's rare for all of them to be out at the same time. Jack showed up for his obligatory 30 seconds at the end, and that was it for him.

Angeltoes

Angeltoes

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

Amy is such an unlikable girl. She makes Kathleen's emergency all about her, barges into Kathleen's house without knocking and acts like a snotty bitch, and constantly whines about having no life.

What was the big deal about Nora babysitting? It was the middle of the night, the kid was asleep and would probably stay that way until dawn. Most teenage babysitters can handle that.

When is SK going to boot Adrian out of that condo? It should have been part of the divorce that she has x amount of time to move out.

AzraelKay

AzraelKay

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

Uggg! This show is so bad. George is a selfish idiot, and Amy was acting like one too. I get that she doesn't want to have to babysit her little brother ALL the time, but her parents did a lot for her when John was born [let's not forget how her folks and Ricky cared for John when she did the music program last summer], she could at least return the favor some of the time. And George, you could point that out to her, instead of tricking her to come over and then running out the house -- very mature. And Kathleen - don't call your ex, who has a very young child, at 2 a.m. Does this woman not have any female friends?? Or for that matter, her stupid teenaged daughter could've driven over and gotten her.

What was the big deal about Nora babysitting? It was the middle of the night, the kid was asleep and would probably stay that way until dawn. Most teenage babysitters can handle that.

Seriously!

Dylan is super-annoying. I so wanted Adrian to kick her out of the the condo! And Tom is an ass -- he wants a wife/family; he doesn't; now he does again. He is so rude to his family and friends, it's amazing they are still around.

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

So Amy bitches and whines her way through yet another episode. And informs her father to take a lesson from her about how hard it is to have a baby, even though she sure had plenty of help with Lumpy all along. And stupid ass Ricky is still pining after her. Why? Loved that doofus telling Tom how the company needs him. For what? He never does anything but insult everyone and act like an ass. Ditto on Dylan - the girl is demanding and stalkerish. Then again, nobody on this show just dates - they are instantly in love of course. Adrian's annoying. I guess it's Brenda role reversal having the girl be the one who only wants sex and refuses to go out or do anything else. Failing to see the humor in or need for the Anne might be gay story. I despise Amy so much I wish Ricky would revert to his old ways and go hook up with somebody, preferably somebody she hates.

nctvwatch

nctvwatch

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

I've never been a fan of Amy's but this season I've developed a deep hatred for her. She is such an entitled witch. I honestly don't see what Ricky sees in her. More of her "it's summer, summer is supposed to be fun" crap next week. Dumb witch YOU are the one that signed up for summer school when you didn't have to.

It hurts my head when Jack is the voice of reason.

I despise Amy so much I wish Ricky would revert to his old ways and go hook up with somebody, preferably somebody she hates.

Adrian, Ashley, Adrian again, Madison, Adrian again, Grace, Adrian again, Lauren, Adrian again, Kathleen, Adrian again, Dylan, Adrian again, Bunny, Adrian again. And just for kicks Anne. And then Adrian again.

sassyne

sassyne

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

Where do I start? Amy is a pain in the ass. She barges in Kathleen's house, THROWS poor Robbie in George's arms, doesn't speak to Kathleen in KATHLEEN'S hose, and ORDERS poor lumpy to "GO!". She was like a tornado. I'm VERY surprised Ricky hasn't bailed on her miserable behind. WHY are they still harping on Ben and Amy? My son walked in as I was watching andsaid "I can't believe the writers get paid for this." Adrian should have tossed Dylan out on her butt. A normal person would have been upset for her to show up, regardless if they have moved on, but no Adrian and Ben decide to order pizza and all sit around and double date.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

Why did I watch this show last night.

I agree with the other posters who stated that Amy is an entitled, obnoxious, spoiled brat.

Someone needs to slap the s*** out of her. Any takers?!!!

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

Someone needs to slap the s*** out of her. Any takers?!!!

He, for the protagonist, was it Brenda's idea that everyone in the audiance hate her? I vote Ricky gets to slap her first, then Ricky, and the rest can stand in line. The neverending whining might be believable if she was flipping burgers, going to night school, living in a craphole, riding the bus. We have her with a doting BF, SUV, huge support system for child care, free insurance, and all we get is "woe is me". As for her having no summer she insisted on going to summer school (god forbid she work more and help Ricky and her dad support her lazy ass) and every damned time Ricky attempts to get her to go out and do something with him she goes pouting off and refuses to leave the apartment. I never thought I would like CaveMan George, but at least he's upbeat and cheerful for the most part. She needs a damned dose of reality, like the real kind. Why are all her clothes black?

troublecakes87

troublecakes87

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:49 PM

This never occurred to me but that could be where we're headed. Hopefully not because Betty drives me nuts. They make her seem like she has the IQ of a plant.

Agreed. I know Betty is a favorite around here, and I LOVE Jennifer Coolidge but I don't miss Betty when she's not around. She seems to be about as dumb as a box of hair, and I have a hard time feeling bad for the town internet hooker no matter how nice she is.
I bet Moose is the next one to get pregnant. (mainly because it wouldn't surprise me if they never bothered to check to see if Moose is a girl or a boy, and Moose is the best candidate for a parent out of this bunch)

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:34 PM

With the name of Moose I am thinking of a male dog.

Maybe Moose would get one of the female neighborhood dogs pregnant.

Of course, knowing Amy, she probably would be jealous of the pregnant dog.

Save Moose, Slap Amy...

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:44 PM

I'm very ashamed to admit I know this but I recall George hitting on some woman who was mad bec. Moose was getting it on with her girl dog because of course everybody has to have the sex. God forbid they get their dog fixed like responsible pet owners.

Save Moose, Slap Amy...

Oh, let's all add our wishes to this list: Here's mine: Blow up the House of Sausage with the creepy hypocrite SK, Ben and that creepy Camille in residence.

missbeckydee

missbeckydee

Channel Surfer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 5:55 AM

I don't know what to make of Dylan, other than she scares me. Sometimes I think she's "simple", others times stalkerish.

I'd go with 100% stalker. She is basically the female Ben. First with her, "I'm the jealous type" speech, then she shows up everywhere without warning. How did she even know where Adrian lives? Even Ben seems scared to cross her, even though you can tell her actions make him feel uncomfortable sometimes. Then again, it might just be the actor being embarrassed about these scenes...

Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei

Stalker

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 12:47 AM

I caught up on the last two episodes on Hulu, and yeah...Dylan is what Ben was three seasons ago. So, Badrian wasn't the love affair of the ages, but I'd imagine that losing a child would forever bond them in some way. That girl is creepy as fuck. When a chick starts coming to your work a whole eight hours after your first date, that's a red flag, folks.

HandsFullMama

HandsFullMama

Video Archivist

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

Dylan reminds me of the Drew Barrymore character from Mad Love. It was really sweet when she pulled the fire alarm during the SATs so that she and Chris O'Donnell could hang out together (/sarcasm), but then we realized that things were Very Wrong.

BookThief

BookThief

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

I've become somewhat numb to the creep factor on this show. Everyone will be creepy at some point--it's just going to happen. But a few episodes ago when Dylan was asking "Did you ever kiss Adrian like that? Did you ever do this with Amy..." my creep alarm started blaring. What a psycho thing to say/ask! Yes, he has had relationships before. I think it's usually better to just LET IT GO, especially when you barely know the people he's been with anyway (but everyone on this show is too involved with everyone else--even when they don't know the people except by gossip). I must admit I've never seen Fatal Attraction--but it felt Fatal Attraction-esque to me. Run, Ben! Trying to compare yourself and one-up all his past relationships--creepy and it doesn't do anyone any good. He has never kissed YOU before and it's YOU that should count in this moment you crazy psycho. But that's rational and this show is not, so...

Mikita

Mikita

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

I have no idea why anyone likes Amy. She's a major bitch to just about everyone and my, the whining.

Amy chose to go to Summer school against Ricky's pleas that they needed her to work more so they could pay bills. She was an immature child who said she wanted to go to school with her friends. Now all she can do is whine about how she's stuck in school and can't have any fun this summer. I really hate this girl. Ricky works a full day and is now watching her "friends" kids because she wanted them to stay at their 1 bedroom apartment. I couldn't believe it when she told him to go stay at her dad's so those girls could stay at Ricky's apartment.

The rest as usual was intolerable. I now fast forward most anything involving the Sausage King. He's a douche.

I have been okay with Lauren. Until she made up with Madison. Now I hate her again. Madison is just dumb. She slept with her best friends boyfriend because he smiled at her and made her feel bad that her best friend wouldn't sleep with him. What a dumb ass. Lauren should have just been civil to her and never renewed the "friendship". Some friend.

The best part of the show tonight was no Tom. That's always good.

Come back Ashley, come back.

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 10:54 PM

I have no idea why anyone likes Amy. She's a major bitch to just about everyone and my, the whining.

Does Hampton intend for anyone to like her? Is she so twisted this whining entitled bitch is supposed to represent a worn out teen mom? Amy has nothing but support, from family, friends, boyfriend and free jobs and SUV's but she never, ever, ever stops whining. Gee, she has to once in a while take care of her kid, tend to a tiny tiny apartment, cook (open a can of something now and then) and do some laundry free at her dad's house. She avoided work by going to school to socialize with her friends but egad! she's supposed to pass? the horror!

What kind of people show up with 2 toddlers at the tiny home of a stranger (and for all they know Amy doesn't even live there anymore) unnanounced and expecting to stay? I guess they don't have to have jobs either.

Ricky, grow a pair and kick her lazy whining ass right back to her daddy. Get back shared custody of Lumpy and get on with your life.

Ben, his dad and his stalker are all disgusting. That kid looks like he has an eating disorder he's so scraggly. I was falling out laughing watching him run away from Henry. Because it can't be said enough, on what planet does Brenda Hampton reside?

Peterased

Peterased

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

Tonight, the word "sex" was said 20 times.

There have been eight episodes this season, and Brenda Hampton's written 5 of them, while she's co-written three (including tonight's). That's a lot for any TV writer.

Ben literally running away from Henry was one of the highlights tonight. Also, "I don't want to be a whore. I want to be your whore," felt very Secret Life. My other favorite line: "You're kind of old to be having kids, aren't you?"

I don't know why Madison and Lauren made up other than because it was the time to do so, and this was the episode about changing friendships.

Omar seemed like such a nice, normal guy -- and then he went and asked Adrian to marry him! What the hell--? At least when Ben and Tom proposed to her, she was pregnant. He just proposed because he didn't want anyone else with her?

Does Hampton intend for anyone to like her?

I do think the show's somewhat self-aware of Amy's problematic character. Notice that tonight, for example, Madison and Lauren weren't eager to befriend Amy again. And Ricky's called Amy on her crap several times, as has George. Hell, Grace wasn't exactly happy with her tonight either. I don't get Amy's problem: she's the one who wanted Ricky to propose, and she's the one who wanted to do summer school.